As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[INTERNET DATING] It's like video games, except not

1565758596062»

• MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    For the first time in months, I got an intelligent, sweet, and thoughtfully written message from a really hot guy that it seems I could have a lot in common with.

Of course, he lives in the UK. I'm in Ohio. :/

Murphy on
  • FartacusFartacus __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    What's wrong with dating a libertarian? I also wonder if my Reagan shirt makes people think I'm a republican. I have really never thought of that before

I mean, nothing, if that's what you're into. Same as with dating a fascist. I just hope both are generally avoided by most reasonable people.

Fartacus on
  • AgesAges Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Murphy wrote: »
    For the first time in months, I got an intelligent, sweet, and thoughtfully written message from a really hot guy that it seems I could have a lot in common with.

Looks like you've got another reason to visit Europe.

Ages on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Murphy wrote: »

Meanwhile, I just got a "wink" from some average at best dude that lives five minutes away that says "how r u hope 2 talk more"

So...trade ya?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Richy wrote: »
    Fartacus wrote: »
    I read this as "libertarian" for some reason and was about to ask you what the fuck you were doing trying to date a libertarian
    There are advantages to dating libertarians. If you're having sex and want to skip foreplay, you can tell them to rely on the invisible handjob of the market.

+props -> Richy

Joolander on
    edited November 2010
    I would, but I already have the entire set of those guys. Ugh. Freaking SW Ohio. There is just nothing here that interests me. Guys I think are kind of interesting turn out to be complete douchebags, or aren't being honest about themselves in some way (old pics, secret boyfriend, married, serious drug problems, etc.)

I'm glad that I'm ok with being single, because if I weren't, I'd be seriously depressed.

And good point, Ages. Not that I need yet another reason to visit, but who doesn't like more reasons to visit Europe?

edit: Plus, he totally gave me props for wearing a TARDIS shirt in one of my pics. Which most people around here don't even notice.

Murphy on
    edited November 2010
    What's that? You've already bought your plane tickets?

Ages on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear OKCupid, please stop putting girls who haven't logged in for several months, or years, in my left bar. I'm not interested in sending a message to someone who will never read it.

Captain Carrot on
    edited November 2010
    Ages wrote: »
    What's that? You've already bought your plane tickets?

No, but I plan on visiting sometime in the next year or so. Sort of a treat for myself. Just have to narrow down the locations.

Murphy on
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fartacus wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    What's wrong with dating a libertarian? I also wonder if my Reagan shirt makes people think I'm a republican. I have really never thought of that before

I mean, nothing, if that's what you're into. Same as with dating a fascist. I just hope both are generally avoided by most reasonable people.

I dont think I could lump liberterians in with fascist.

Jokerman on
    edited November 2010
    Dear OKCupid, please stop putting girls who haven't logged in for several months, or years, in my left bar. I'm not interested in sending a message to someone who will never read it.

So why bother sending messages at all?

Ages on
    edited November 2010
    Ages wrote: »

So why bother sending messages at all?

It's worth a shot with people who will check their inboxes, but not someone who's forgotten about the site.

Captain Carrot on
    edited November 2010
    Joke.

Your head.

Ages on
    edited November 2010
    it's bad enough not getting the girls, now I don't get the jokes either

Captain Carrot on
    edited November 2010
    edit2: Ack. This is what I get for 1.) Not reading back, and 2.) Assuming everything is about me.

Murphy on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Start a new thread

remember: agonizingly long lists of your favorite animes, cock shot for a profile pic

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.