As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Vegas Thread. Lonesome Road Trailer. DLC coming later this month.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "And nothing happened, because everything was dead. You am become death, etc."

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I really want to go kill Caesar.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So go do it, you big baby.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Man, the companion upgrade quests are some goddamned finicky. Like if you talk to Ranger Andy in Novac, the third town you got dang get to just starting the game, without Raul, who has to be rescued from Fortress Invisible Supermutant, it instantly fucks his loyalty quest, nothing you can do.

Yeah, I found out about this yesterday. I have a bit of hope the next update will fix this, but I am not holding my breath. The wording is kind of weird:
    We’ve come up with solutions for the Xbox 360 save issue folks are reporting, along with a number of other issues being reported. We’re currently running final testing and certification on a comprehensive patch for all three platforms (PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3), so we’ll have something available in the coming weeks. When we have more details, we’ll let you know.

In the meantime, an incremental update for PC should be going up by early next week that will fix the save corruption issues and problems with companions, as well as improve performance for NVIDIA users and resolve some issues reported with Havok.

Does that mean the PC gets a mini patch before xbox and ps3? Will that issue be fixed for the other two in the patch?

DouglasDanger on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe I will after I eat lunch!

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited November 2010
    Dear Diary,

I've had the strangest day since lunch. I went to the Caesar's camp and I burned every one of them to the ground with my incinerator. Except for The Caesar himself and his guard. They got a full barrel of Tesla Cannon.

The weirdest thing was the soldier down in the barracks. No matter how many of his friends burned he wouldn't stop doing pushups. Now that is dedication to his body. Even as I slowly incinerated him he never stopped. What a champ!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    What the fuck?
    I was wandering and stumbled on The Thorn. Being the Mandingo that I am, I decided to fight 3 Giant Radscorpions. After killing them I noticed I was still being hit. The fucking guard was shooting me. I had to kill all of the guards and Red Lucy.

I think it must have been a glitch or something.

put your gun away when shit like that happens

That sounds like the pussy thing to do.

Did you use a grenade or explosive weapon, maybe splash damage hit one of the npc in there?

I did one where I fought 3 giant radscorps, then collected my whopping 480 caps or so... not worth it.

Then I setup a custom fight between a deathclaw vs 3 radscorps, they came out of the pens and just... stood there staring at each other. They didn't fight at all. Sooo I lobbed a few grenades at them but ooops, musta hit one of the guards or something. :p

jwalk on
    edited November 2010
    jwalk wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    What the fuck?
    I was wandering and stumbled on The Thorn. Being the Mandingo that I am, I decided to fight 3 Giant Radscorpions. After killing them I noticed I was still being hit. The fucking guard was shooting me. I had to kill all of the guards and Red Lucy.

I think it must have been a glitch or something.

put your gun away when shit like that happens

That sounds like the pussy thing to do.

Did you use a grenade or explosive weapon, maybe splash damage hit one of the npc in there?

I did one where I fought 3 giant radscorps, then collected my whopping 480 caps or so... not worth it.

Then I setup a custom fight between a deathclaw vs 3 radscorps, they came out of the pens and just... stood there staring at each other. They didn't fight at all. Sooo I lobbed a few grenades at them but ooops, musta hit one of the guards or something. :p

Yeah, I used the grenade rifle. This makes sense.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Diary,

I've had the strangest day since lunch. I went to the Caesar's camp and I burned every one of them to the ground with my incinerator. Except for The Caesar himself and his guard. They got a full barrel of Tesla Cannon.

The weirdest thing was the soldier down in the barracks. No matter how many of his friends burned he wouldn't stop doing pushups. Now that is dedication to his body. Even as I slowly incinerated him he never stopped. What a champ!

Oh man, I was laughing so hard when I saw that guy. I tried shooting his arms to see if he'd stop. Either I missed every time, or that man is bionic.

godmode on
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I had to chainsaw him to death on my guns character.

Huntera on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Huntera wrote: »
    I had to chainsaw him to death on my guns character.

The obvious solution would be to throw a mine under his chest and see how long he can keep it up

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I do not carry mines with me.

But since I'm rolling NCR, I'll do that next time.

Huntera on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can't wait to take apart Caser's camp with my bare hands

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • IrtehmongooseIrtehmongoose Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was prepared to leave Caesar's camp in peace
    Went there just to get the slave ledger, but I couldn't leave with the chip, and I didn't want to do his stupid thing, whatever it was.

They really need to find a better place to put confiscated weapons.

Irtehmongoose on
    edited November 2010
    Have you tried extreme murder? It's the only thing they understand.

jwalk on
    edited November 2010
    The chainsaw tears shit up

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    my favourite way to deal with caesar's camp
    go meet with caesar
    he's all "blah blah blah"
    give the shortest, snarkiest responses
    take the chip
    go to the bunker
    do whatever I want
    murder all the legion in the bunker
    murder all the legion between me and the front gate, but leave caesar sulking in his tent

so he can sit there hearing the screams and sounds of exploding limbs
    and then vulpes inculta leans over all "are you sure it was a good idea to give the courier's weapons back"

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited November 2010
    I didn't even realize he would let you have weapons in the camp. I just borrowed the footlocker key from the gate guard and started liquidating faces.

Irtehmongoose on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Getting the Ballistic Fist weapon from his guards was a bonus. Great weapon to use.

MereHappenstance on
  • LucentLucent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Crashed Vertibird + Stealth Boy + Robotics Expert = Hahaha 8D

Lucent on
    s6e07VashAndJennySig2.png
    I'm afraid to click that spoiler. I'm not sure I want to know. I'll just keep trying to fuck everything. -- trentsteel
  • Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    When I went by the crashed vertiberd, I too only found some ghouls of the same variety as the nuclear test shack nearby. No robots of any kind, which is good because I took gannon as part of his background quest. Hurray bugs working out in my favor!

Firematic. on
  • FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Getting the Ballistic Fist weapon from his guards was a bonus. Great weapon to use.

Yeah, I usually run straight Guns, but even I had to hang onto that thing. It is a motherfucker.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
    edited November 2010
    I gave it to Veronica. She's a robotic punching machine now...

jwalk on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    New Update just out

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1
    Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
    Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
    Fix: DLC error/save corruption
    Fix: Stuttering with water effects
    Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
    Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
    Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
    Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
    Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
    Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
    Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
    Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
    Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
    Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
    Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
    Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
    Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited November 2010
    Definitely some good fixes in there, unfortunately no mention of the various scripting bugs and quest oversights.

Irtehmongoose on
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't see any mention of the Come Fly With Me/Repconn crashes being fixed.

Have to get home from work and test it out.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh thank god the Debt Collector thing

no more keeping a hat on me to wear when I need to enter the strip

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited November 2010
    Looks like they fixed the nvidia NPC/face slowdowns. I removed that dx9.dll and everything seems to run great.

jwalk on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I found a train yard full of blind deathclaws.

Apparently being blind is not an impediment to killing me in about five seconds...

freakish light on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    they say that losing a sense heightens all the remaining ones

unfortunately that includes bloodthirst

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    grouch993 wrote: »
    Don't see any mention of the Come Fly With Me/Repconn crashes being fixed.

Have to get home from work and test it out.

The common Come Fly with Me bug is the DLC error/save corruption one listed.

Aneurhythmia on
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ah, thanks.

Just got home and made my way back to repconn.

That bug they mentioned where player controls become locked? Never saw it before the patch. Now it occurs after every fight. Whether I crouch or not.

There is a feral ghoul on the road leading to repconn. We hit it for sneak criticals (boone and myself), it falls unconscious, stands back up at full health. Repeated four times, then I just quit playing.

Their patch broke more things.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    edited November 2010
    Same thing happened to me with a golden gecko near Novac... can't kill it, it's fucking essential. Gughhggfff

jwalk on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They still didn't fix the cripting problems Ive been having

people just stand around when they are supposed to be doing something critical for the quest

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

Bear Hands should be modded into the game

Zen Vulgarity on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

And not like, a weapon. It's an implant that Usanagi gives you that makes your hands permanently bear hands.

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited November 2010
    So it looks like there was another quick update a few minutes ago? At least steam seemed to "update" again..

ANND now I'm getting the famous "locked controls" after using the cowboy repeater (where I never did before)...

hooo boy... maybe I'll just put this away for a few days until they sort their shit out..

jwalk on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    rfilyaw wrote: »

And not like, a weapon. It's an implant that Usanagi gives you that makes your hands permanently bear hands.

Some modder is writing this down, right?

captaink on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just had a bug with the cowboy repeater where I got stuck in VATS slo-mo without actually firing the shots I queued up, which let the deathclaws close distance and murder me. That was fun.

freakish light on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Times like these make me glad I don't have Xbox live. The dirty, virus ridden xbox live.

Caveman Paws on