As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Two Worlds 2

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Two Worlds II.

I hear it has two worlds... too!

halkun on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    I still shudder at the horrifying visage of the of unpatched main character.

A face only a mother could love at a distance, while suffering from myopia and cataracts.

Pics ... or it didn't happen.

i definitely should look into Two Worlds Two, although as far as I know the first one was an abomination.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    SyrionusSyrionus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cabezone wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    So how insane do I need to be to play the first game? I really wanted to try it and even bought it ont he 360, unfortunately my console broke and so I never got around to trying it. One of these days...

Do not play the game on the 360, it's awful. It's a lot better on the PC, mostly due to how terrible it runs on the 360.

This. I originally got the Xbox 360 version and it was horrible. I later got the Epic Edition for the PC and was leaps and bounds better. Of course it is still not as good as the other games in the same genre but it is still pretty fun to play with some good concepts for magic and item collecting.

You improve your gear by placing another one of the same type together and it improves the item. Magic has boosters that can be assigned to them to make them do different things. One booster improves damage, while another could reduce mana cost.

Like I said, it was fun on the PC, at least enough for me to be excited for Two Worlds 2. I will link some video's as soon as I get the chance.

Here you go. Ign Preview herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd-gh1ySbzE and Gamespot Preview here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkW5rEpEUPQ and Game conference of some sort here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-wdoz878P0&feature=related and a view of a mage being played herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTMf4AnODiU and finally a preview form Elder Geek herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEWVTXTwOY

Maybe I should do an official thread for this?

Syrionus on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This IS the official Two Worlds 2 thread. Hence the title. And the main topic of our conversation. :P

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wasn't Two Worlds 1 originally supposed to be an MMO?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Wasn't Two Worlds 1 originally supposed to be an MMO?

No. It was compared to Elder Scrolls: Oblivion but fell way short of that. However the second one definately has me interested. I am going to preorder it this coming weekend.

Syrionus on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They played the Sordahon's Journey clips at PAX before a couple of different events to keep people entertained. They're pretty corny but I actually enjoyed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQB7tbIVVY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3RtSY2YhnE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8ixNMDHL7I

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Wow, Ireally thought there would be more people than this interested in the game but I guess not.

Syrionus on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Considering what happened the first time around, is it really a surprise?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Syrionus wrote: »
    Wow, Ireally thought there would be more people than this interested in the game but I guess not.

I find it really hard to make myself be interested. I mean, there's some really nice stuff in those videos, but there was some really awesome stuff in the previews for the first one, too. At this point what I see is TW2 basically promising everything TW1 promised, "for reals this time, guys." I've bought one too many Fable games to find that a compelling argument anymore.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I kinda hope the hilariously bad voice acting returns in the second game. Ashros maybe the best city to visit for the unintentionally racist accents put forth.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hevach wrote: »
    I find it really hard to make myself be interested. I mean, there's some really nice stuff in those videos, but there was some really awesome stuff in the previews for the first one, too. At this point what I see is TW2 basically promising everything TW1 promised, "for reals this time, guys." I've bought one too many Fable games to find that a compelling argument anymore.

Well, I have mine already pre-ordered and IGN and a few others have already had their hands on the game and they are saying that it is ten times better than the first one. Not that it is really a high bar to surpass but it is still looking a lot better.

Update

Sorry, I don't have a link but this has been confirmed over several sites.

There have been numerous posts recently regarding the release date of Two Worlds II.
    First of all, it's gratifying to see that so many people care so much about the game
    and we thank you for your enthusiasm and passion. It's definitely a game that we're
    proud to publish; Reality Pump is on the verge of delivering a benchmark RPG
    experience.

Here's the vital news: Two Worlds II is set for a January release in North America.
    We understand that this is not great news for those of you eager for an October
    release and we can understand that you might feel that our European cousins'
    potentially getting the game before you is frustrating to say the least. However,
    there's a reason for everything and although we feel that the game is truly at 'AAA'
    level, that reason is that we want Two Worlds II to be absolutely flawless when it
    launches in the North American market. Although we could bring the game to market
    earlier in order to take advantage of the holiday buying season, we felt that we
    would do a better service to you by making sure that the game you want is absolutely
    as it should be. It's vital to us that we always give you the best possible
    information and this is the reason that we haven't commented on the date before now;
    we did not want to say something to you, only to have that information change once
    again. Now, we are in a position to confirm the January release date.

For those that have said that they will torrent or import the game because they
    simply cannot wait, there's nothing that we can do to stop you. However, please
    remember that by pirating the game, you are hurting those who worked hard to make
    the game for you, reducing the chance of another game in the future. By importing
    the game, you're paying more money for something that if you can wait, you'll be
    able to buy in January at a cheaper price and that will have benefitted from
    heavyweight Quality Assurance (QA) for the North American market.

We'll have a further update for our friends in the UK, Australia and New Zealand in
    the near future.

We are continually grateful for your understanding, patience and continued support.

Sincerely,

The SouthPeak Team

Syrionus on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So it seems this game is getting all around fantastic first reviews - skipping Gothic 4 for it was apparently a wise decision.

e: this is gonna be huge, mark my words

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just can't read that with a straight face.

Two Worlds (360) was hilariously terrible. And the online component being stripped from it infuriated me.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    well here are some of the review scores:

Buffed.de - 92/100

Gamona.de - 88%

GamersGlobal.de - 8.5/10

GamigXP.de - 91%

RPG Italia - 9.1/10

iamgamer.de - 92%

Eurogamer.de - 9/10

XBG 360 Games - 92%

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm super excited for this. Admittedly, the first was a guilty pleasure for me (it's still a HORRIBLE game, don't get me wrong) but the videos and stuff I see of the sequal look just amazing.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Huh. I never played the first game. In fact, I never saw anything of the first game.

I just randomly stumbled upon this thread and watched a few videos in the op and the game looks great. Can't wait to play it!

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Huh. I never played the first game. In fact, I never saw anything of the first game.

Seriously, keep it that way.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How...how can a sequel to TWO WORLDS be getting 90%+ reviews???????????

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That bad, huh?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SATAN.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That bad, huh?

Every time I got on a horse in Two Worlds I got catapulted into the sky and my computer crashed.

EVERY.

TIME.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    That bad, huh?

Every time I got on a horse in Two Worlds I got catapulted into the sky and my computer crashed.

EVERY.

TIME.

It's not as bad on the 360 but...

it's still bad.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ALso,the dual wield fighting style was so stupid. The animation was basically your guy twirling the weapons right in front of his chest so you had an attack range of NONE.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Totally, it's like you were an angry, slow lawnmower.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I liked 2 Worlds. The gameplay was fun (when it worked). The world was gorgeous (when it didn't crash your computer). And many of the quests were clever (except when they were broken). I didn't get far in it as I played the demo or something.

I may check out 2 Worlds 2. It seems to be getting a favorable response.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was really excited for 2 worlds when it came out the videos looked awesome and was really excited about customizing the weapons...then i skipped work to get it and played it all day and took it back to gamestop that night for a full refund...it was garbage. For about an hour my guy and his horse was stuck on a tree...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    well here are some of the review scores:

Buffed.de - 92/100

Gamona.de - 88%

GamersGlobal.de - 8.5/10

GamigXP.de - 91%

RPG Italia - 9.1/10

iamgamer.de - 92%

Eurogamer.de - 9/10

XBG 360 Games - 92%

What the fuck is this.

I REMEMBER THE MAIN CHARACTERS UNPATCHED FACE

NOTHING CAN MAKE ME FORGET

nothing makes the pain stop

*sobs*

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ha! That's right, I forgot that! You spend all this time making a face and the game didn't even use it.

Oh, Two Worlds. Was there anything you could actually do?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    reddeathreddeath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Two worlds was most likely the crappiest game I enjoyed playing for way, way too long. It had a bunch of potential and just, countless missteps that made it just miss the mark of greatness. It reminded me quite a bit of gothic 3 in how it failed. I know I fell in love with the game when I managed to murder the initial quest NPC you speak to, loot wall of fire off his corpse, and proceed to murder everything that moved or spoke for the rest of the time I played.

It does not surprise me two worlds two(bizzare) is getting good reviews, they didn't miss the mark on #1 by THAT much. I do hope this one is just as easy to exploit though.

reddeath on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I too remember the pain and frustration of playing the first one on 360, oh so many moons ago, but after getting some hands on time at PAX, I'm not that suprised at TWII getting good reviews.

The bit I played (around 15-20 minutes, which gave a good breakdown of equipment management and melee skills) didn't scream 9+ to me, but it was a whole shit-load better than the original Two Worlds. I especially liked some of the AoE attacks with spear/polearms, those had some nice animations and made you feel like a badass.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wait, wait.

I tried the demo for the first game, despite knowing what I was getting into. And yep, it was awful.

But this game is actually shaping up to be good?

I'm so confused.

Dartboy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    What's confusing? The first game was hilariously awful (I actually liked it because it was so bad) and the devs have apparently learned from their mistakes and are bringing out a game that's actually pretty goddamn good. I'm as cynical as the next internet guy but even I have faith that this sort of thing is possible.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't get too excited, the review scores are heavily skewed due to the fact that this game has two worlds, where as most games have to survive on the merits of just one.

Those 90s are like 45s

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Don't get too excited, the review scores are heavily skewed due to the fact that this game has two worlds, where as most games have to survive on the merits of just one.

Those 90s are like 45s

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wouldn't this game have four worlds?

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ooooh, actually Figgy's right, we'd best wait and see how each world is before we start throwing out awards and handjobs and such.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Vic wrote: »
    Wouldn't this game have four worlds?

You are actually in one of the worlds RIGHT NOW

This is ALREADY THE GAME

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All your worlds, etc...

the first game had some really fun gameplay elements like the weapon/armor stacking to improve them. The magic system with the card modifiers. The animations, voice acting, and other miscelaneous stuff was just aweful. I still had fun with it though.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh, yeah, I adored the magic system. And all the varities of items was kick ass.

Magic Pink on