As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Italian Rapier [Chat]

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Pot/booze is overrated, especially more than a once in a while thing.

I agree. I drink a beer or two and its like "Man, I am good for at least a week. At least."

Wow.

That is interesting.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    i have never had popeye's chicken

it's not like it's a chain that doesn't exist here

i just ain't ever ate there

If you come to York University I'll buy you Popeyes and we'll gossip about the sluts in short skirts and titty tops seriously its November have some dignity girls

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

What would you suggest to serve the roll of pot / booze?

Just doing what you would have done without altering your mind.

I agree. I get just as relaxed doing other non-intoxicant-related things as I would drinking.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

altering your mind is very fun though!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They clearly mentioned that was another Popeyes location in a different area that also ran out of chicken that had white patrons...

So you think they should have gone to that other location and shot footage there for the sole reason of not looking racist?

No, that's bullshit.

It's just as bad as saying "Oh shit we need to find some black people for this photo so we don't look racist!"

Nocturne on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    whee skirts are fantastic

why did society ever invent pants?

I like the really long broomstick and tulip ones. :D

Also, tiered.

I would have loved to find a long long broomstick/hobble/tulip skirt.

but I didn't! Oh well.

this is a scarlet banded mini.

Seems odd that they wouldn't have them in stock right now. Maybe you need to expand your search area?

Very possibly. I just checked the local mall, which doesn't have the best selection. I'd've loved to spend more time shopping in Toronto when I was there, but my family stole me for dinner.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

It's alright. My brother kinda likes it. They are better than KFC but that isn't saying much. They have decent seasoning on their chicken and fries. When my brother had an apartment in San Diego we ate there a decent amount because it was within walking distance.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you wanna get drunk/high safely, awesome.

If you don't, awesome.

I guess I don't understand the people who get incredulous at people who don't. I told a coworker I had never been drunk before and he looked at me as if I had an alien burst from my chest.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I agree. I drink a beer or two and its like "Man, I am good for at least a week. At least."

Well due to being on Wellbutrin and Loxapine I get drunk off of less than a beer so I can never get buzzed anymore, if I want to drink/smoke it's a "do I want to get drunk-drunk?"

Next time I'm getting drunk is next Saturday. I'm going to drink a full beer.

I'm legitimately concerned about getting too drunk and making an idiot of myself so I might split it with Choco.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    I am going to drink such fancy brews, cass

brews made out of cats

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i have never met a black person who didn't like fried chicken

that said

i've met very few people, in general, who don't like fried chicken

in fact the only ones i can think of are also vegetarians and don't eat chicken, period

i've also never personally known a korean who didn't play starcraft

this is how racism is born, people

when you have absolutely nothing to dissuade your stereotype

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I do not understand Katy Perry.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    They clearly mentioned that was another Popeyes location in a different area that also ran out of chicken that had white patrons...

So you think they should have gone to that other location and shot footage there for the sole reason of not looking racist?

No, that's bullshit.

It's just as bad as saying "Oh shit we need to find some black people for this photo so we don't look racist!"

I think you need to be very aware of the message you send when you create a piece of media and I don't think the piece of media they created sent a good message at all.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to Toronto pretty soon

that's right Canada, I'm coming for you

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i want to get high :(

it's been months!

any reason?
    Roommate is not okay with it.

Honestly? You're better off.
    I don't see how. I never smoked a whole lot, ever. Certainly never enough to get any of the negative long-term side effects. Being denied the ability to indulge and have a good time every once in a while just sort of sucks. It's not like a huge deal but it was a fun activity I enjoyed doing.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    cass, is it true that your posts get even more vulgar when you are drunk

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Yeah but it's not for everybody.

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Very possibly. I just checked the local mall, which doesn't have the best selection. I'd've loved to spend more time shopping in Toronto when I was there, but my family stole me for dinner.

Maybe do an online search or something like that for stores in your area. I'd imagine actually buying online isn't an option for you, you probably need to try things on, eh? Otherwise I'd suggest a couple of the sites I frequent for long skirts.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Well due to being on Wellbutrin and Loxapine I get drunk off of less than a beer so I can never get buzzed anymore, if I want to drink/smoke it's a "do I want to get drunk-drunk?"

Next time I'm getting drunk is next Saturday. I'm going to drink a full beer.

I'm legitimately concerned about getting too drunk and making an idiot of myself so I might split it with Choco.

I get drunk drunk off of one of some beers and I don't even having taking any medication as an excuse. :lol:

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

when?

did you want to hang out

Pony on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Oh, so you're not faulting pot and alcohol in and of themselves. You're faulting them in comparison to Wellbutrin and Loxapine?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    cass, is it true that your posts get even more vulgar when you are drunk

REALLY GOOD

BIG POST.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

If you come to York University I'll buy you Popeyes and we'll gossip about the sluts in short skirts and titty tops seriously its November have some dignity girls

no

no dignity

miniskirts are fun granny

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

when?

did you want to hang out

sure!

I'm coming in summer (yeah it's a not really that soon) and then possibly living there

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ludious wrote: »

If you don't, awesome.

I guess I don't understand the people who get incredulous at people who don't. I told a coworker I had never been drunk before and he looked at me as if I had an alien burst from my chest.

Having never been drunk before makes you an oddity. If someone told me that they got drunk and didn't like it and don't drink anymore that is one thing. But someone telling me that they had never been drunk before (unless they are like 15) would probably make me do a double take. It's not a judgement thing, necessarily. It's just like if someone told me they had twelve toes.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Oh, so you're not faulting pot and alcohol in and of themselves. You're faulting them in comparison to Wellbutrin and Loxapine?

Well, yeah, I'm saying I don't have a realistic view on what it's like to say have a beer with dinner one evening because a beer for me means getting shitfaced, so I find the entire experience of getting drunk alien and foreign.

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think you need to be very aware of the message you send when you create a piece of media and I don't think the piece of media they created sent a good message at all.

Aside from being kind of a boring story to begin with, you really think it sent a bad message?

I guess that's where we disagree then. I see nothing bad about the way that was covered.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Wait wait wait.

You can't maintain that altering one's mind is not for everyone after stating that you are on Loxapine.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Boobs.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

If you don't, awesome.

Having never been drunk before makes you an oddity. If someone told me that they got drunk and didn't like it and don't drink anymore that is one thing. But someone telling me that they had never been drunk before (unless they are like 15) would probably make me do a double take. It's not a judgement thing, necessarily. It's just like if someone told me they had twelve toes.

I WAS BORN WITH TWELVE TOES YOU RACIST FUCK.

• Options
    edited November 2010
    J once again

you are

bad at logic

Pony on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    any peeps familiar with fallout new vegas

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

Aside from being kind of a boring story to begin with, you really think it sent a bad message?

I guess that's where we disagree then. I see nothing bad about the way that was covered.

Well part of it has to do with the fact that I don't really think that its a news story worth running in the first place so when I saw it they only reason I could see for running it was "hurr hurr black people like their friend chicken."

Of course, I don't really watch the news. So maybe these sorts of stories are pretty common? But it didn't seem newsworthy to me. But I don't have a good frame of reference.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Wait wait wait.

You can't maintain that altering one's mind is not for everyone after stating that you are on Loxapine.

I am on pyschiatric medicine so I don't commit suicide. That's not the same as getting high/drunk.

• Options
    edited November 2010
    I've never liked mini skirts.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

If you don't, awesome.

I'm 22 and I've never been drunk.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Two observations
    1) I have never felt the urge to get wasted, high, stoned, drunk, intoxicated, or what-have-you.

2) does pandora really not understand that disabling right-click on their website isn't stopping anybody who is even mildly interested in copying text data from them?

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Boobs.

But...other people have boobs.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    J once again

you are

bad at logic

Why did you get off MSN

I hate you

You're not even my real dad

• Options
    edited November 2010
    I WAS BORN WITH TWELVE TOES YOU RACIST FUCK.

Nah girl it's cool I took a class on crip theory I ain't one of them heteronormative squares we all gravy baby.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.