As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Italian Rapier [Chat]

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Miniskirts seem uncomfortable to me. Of course, I've never worn one. Dress, yes, but not a miniskirt.

So far it's comfortable and hella soft. What's not to like?

Also I am apparently prone to having too much change for wallets, woops!

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    _J_ wrote: »
    My dad hides little bottles of alcohol in his desk and big bottles of alcohol in the cupboards and he drinks at night. My grandfather got drunk and froze to death in a trailer because he was too drunk to turn the heat on. My grandmother got drunk, took all her pills, and shot herself.

I am suspicious of alcohol because I am worried that I am genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic.

Given that you have to take a medication in order to prevent suicide, is it possible that your relatives were not alcoholics, but rather trying to self-medicate the situation for which you are already medicated?

Yeah I'm sure that's possible.

So, then, there's no reason to be suspicious of alcohol?

But I don't know, so I'd rather not take any risks.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    My dad hides little bottles of alcohol in his desk and big bottles of alcohol in the cupboards and he drinks at night. My grandfather got drunk and froze to death in a trailer because he was too drunk to turn the heat on. My grandmother got drunk, took all her pills, and shot herself.

I am suspicious of alcohol because I am worried that I am genetically predisposed to be an alcoholic.

Given that you have to take a medication in order to prevent suicide, is it possible that your relatives were not alcoholics, but rather trying to self-medicate the situation for which you are already medicated?

Alcoholics can have a wide variety of reasons for drinking. The reason doesn't change the fact that they're alcoholics. It's not like self-medicating suddenly makes it 'ok' to get plastered every other night.

True.

_J_ on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

it's very difficult for me to do because i am actually allergic to smoke

so generally speaking, i don't do it very much because it's unpleasant to do

the buzz is okay but the hacking and wheezing and stuffed up-ness i get from it isn't

buuuuuuuut one of my buddies has a vaporizer and that thing is fuckin' ace

Pony on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    In my yearbook I was voted "Most Artistic"

Not entirely sure what that was about.

Most likely to never produce anything that someone will want.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2010
    So apparently there's a fan (if you can call it that) made game called "Marvel Brothel", where professor Xavier sets up a brothel using female X-men as a way to promote mutant/human relations wink wink nudge nudge. It's done in sprite style.

From where might one obtain this game?

_J_ on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I get to try shrooms at a ski resort this winter. My job does this annual skiing thing where nobody skis, everyone just gets completely fucked up on anything you can stuff in a suitcase. Missed it the first two years I worked there, but not this year. This year I'm going the distance, narcotics style.

shrooms are a blast, but make sure you're with people you like/trust

also I do have addiction in my family. I like to get drunk a little bit more than I would like but on the other hand I find it fairly easy not to drink. It's a caveat that I should have added, experimentation is generally only enjoyable when safety and well being are considered.

I have an obsessive and addictive personality. After I had my first drink, for a month I was out to drink anything I could find. Which was nothing, as I was 18. That urge dissipated after several months and hasn't returned since. But getting hammered is pretty great, so long as you're not in a compromising position when you do so.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I wonder if it is just that no one has noticed or that no one cares.

Inquisitor on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    vaporizers are like inhaling a cloud and then you're high

Casual Eddy on
    edited November 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

the buzz is okay but the hacking and wheezing and stuffed up-ness i get from it isn't

How can you be allergic to smoke?

_J_ on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So apparently there's a fan (if you can call it that) made game called "Marvel Brothel", where professor Xavier sets up a brothel using female X-men as a way to promote mutant/human relations wink wink nudge nudge. It's done in sprite style.

Here's a link to a review, which is SFW - http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/11/10/marvel-brothel-x-men-sex-game/

And a link to the reddit thread on it - http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/e465i/marvel_brothels_a_fanmade_game_that_is_exactly/

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited November 2010

pretty sure unless it's "confirmed" instead of "possible" it's reasonable to be suspicious

people with bipolar disorder shouldn't drink or do recreational drugs anyway, except very occasionally

Pony on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I wonder if it is just that no one has noticed or that no one cares.

That you renamed the chat to be about rapists?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay Inquisitor I have taken care of the business and I can read Cosmicomics now. Do you recommend a specific story or should I read from the beginning.

Sarksus on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Gay. Gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.

Passerbye on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Most likely to never produce anything that someone will want.

I did a lot of drugs and skipped a lot of school in High School

But I also did plays, musicals, and improv/comedy and played instruments

So yeah I think that's right on the money

Nocturne on
    edited November 2010
    Vaporizers are the best thing

cleanest high ever, and less THC is wasted

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Okay Inquisitor I have taken care of the business and I can read Cosmicomics now. Do you recommend a specific story or should I read from the beginning.

Even though the first story is not my favorite I would read them in order, also keeses.

Preacher: I knew I could count on you.

Inquisitor on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I see we're going to get into the old "You can't be allergic to smoke" debate.

Look, call it what you will. I dunno about Pony, but when I get around cigarette smoke, I get a severe headache and watery eyes/nose. Consistently.

So call it not-an-allergy.

Ludious on
    edited November 2010

Here's a link to a review, which is SFW - http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/11/10/marvel-brothel-x-men-sex-game/

And a link to the reddit thread on it - http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/e465i/marvel_brothels_a_fanmade_game_that_is_exactly/

That is amazing.

_J_ on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony is my Bipolar Buddy.

We spend our time together sobbing hysterically about the inevitableness of the crushing oblivion of death.

I guess it's pretty fun.

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

I swear, posts like this make me think you are the cleverest troll ever, J.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2010
    vaporizers are like inhaling a cloud and then you're high

pretty much

they don't make my lungs or sinuses freak the fuck out and i just get high

it's pretty great

Pony on
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Working in a restaurant ruins restaurants after a while

ignorance truly is bliss sometimes

Nah ignorance gives rise to boners, science proves that.

Bliss, boners, and bronchitis

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just got off a two-month period of not drinking.

I do it every few years, just to make sure I can. I really don't have an addictive personality at all; still, though, my pack-a-decade cigarette habit is starting to get a little extreme.

Thanatos on
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

But but but

That's illegal.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

People have developed skin allergies to water before. Smoke isn't overly surprising.

DeShadowC on
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

go look up allergies on wikipedia

come back to me later

Pony on
    edited November 2010

But I don't know, so I'd rather not take any risks.

it's just _J_

Casual Eddy on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Ahaha

Nah, unlike this point in my life I could actually get women in high school :P

Nocturne on
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

How can?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited November 2010
    When I'm around tobacco smoke (though not other kinds of smoke) my throat starts swelling up and I have trouble breathing. I've never had it checked by a doctor but I'm fairly comfortable calling it an allergy.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

But but but

That's illegal.

yep

Pony on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    is pot illegal in canada

Nerdgasmic on
    edited November 2010
    Pony

Have you

Have you smoked pot?

yeah

But but but

That's illegal.

yep

This just in: Pony does illegal things.

_J_ on
    edited November 2010
    nocturne I love doing improv!

Casual Eddy on
    edited November 2010

Ahaha

Nah, unlike this point in my life I could actually get women in high school :P

Pfff, you're sexy. You're just in a terrible area to meet women.

Also, you might be picky.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    is pot illegal in canada

Your mom's illegal but everyone does her anyway.

edited November 2010
    When I'm around tobacco smoke (though not other kinds of smoke) my throat starts swelling up and I have trouble breathing. I've never had it checked by a doctor but I'm fairly comfortable calling it an allergy.

you're probably allergic to tobacco

and not smoke itself

i'm actually allergic to smoke. it doesn't matter what kind it is, even the smallest amount of smoke can trigger an asthma attack, cause my eyes to water and swell up, and make my sinuses go batshit crazy

this allergy can usually be over-ridden with a regular strength antihistamine

without an antihistamine it's basically impossible for me to smoke weed

Pony on
    edited November 2010
    just being in the presence of cigarette smoke shouldn't give you such a severe reaction unless you're sensitive or allergic to it I guess

Casual Eddy on
This discussion has been closed.