As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 11/10: Frag me sideways

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Graphic Violence
Thanos Imperative #6 *super secret double plus spoilers*:

Are you sure? Last chance!

Saddest Page in Cosmic Marvel history

See, Cthullu Mar-vell tries to kill Thanos, but it summons Death into their universe, who then kills all the cthullu people (can't escape Death twice). Death then leaves Thanos stranded in the cancerverse, who's all kinds of pissed. Star Lord and Nova stay behind to make sure that Thanos can't get back to our universe while the pocket gate closes with the remaining cosmic cube power, and to make sure they face Death screaming. And everyone thinks they're dead now, since there is no way to get in contact with them since the rift has been closed, and the universe is supposed to now collapse into itself since the cancer gods are dead. And they have a statue dedicated to them and everything, hella sad.

On top of that, Phylla is dead, Drax is dead, and Warlock is dead. And the Nova force is all gone.

I mean, Quill did have the cosmic cube, albeit damaged, so there is a chance of pulling them out of there in a year or two, but still, it hurts.

TexiKen on

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It is sad but more importantly it's fucking awesome.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sometimes clicking on a spoiler, clicks away a part of your soul

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Musn't... click... spoiler...

Solar on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Red Robin #17 was a nice way to welcome this new direction for the bat-titles:

Bruce talks with Tim about having his own Catwoman

this comes after a big father hug, d'awwww.

that new Batman suit looks a lot like the Earth One design Gary Frank made.

TexiKen on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »

I noticed that too, is the same artist on Red Robin the one they're using for Earth One? RR#17 was pretty good all around though . . .
    looks like Tim's got himself a Selina Kyle of his own eh? :winky:

Oh, and the end of Thanos Imperative was awesome and sad. Can't wait for the aftermath series: Devestation.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited November 2010
    TexiKen on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I noticed that too, is the same artist on Red Robin the one they're using for Earth One? RR#17 was pretty good all around though . . .

Oh, and the end of Thanos Imperative was awesome and sad. Can't wait for the aftermath series: Devestation.

The best part of the issue, however, was
    Cassandra Cain

How sad is it that even such a lackluster appearance is enough to make me giddy with joy? She needs her own book again. It's been so long since we had a good Cassie Cain story.

TeaSpoon on
    edited November 2010
    I'm looking foreward to her return as well. One of Tim's names he threw out just stuck with me though, Black Robin. It's a simple derivation of his own persona, but I think it works well with Cassandra's character.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One of my Motw's was first 3 pages of Batgirl, is 3 pages too much to scan and post?

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One of my Motw's was first 3 pages of Batgirl, is 3 pages too much to scan and post?

they were posted as a preview by DC and are already up on these forums

MastaP on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh, I missed that ( If it was the preview thread that's probably why) , Anyway, they were great.

Opening issue of Big Time got me pretty stoked too.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    edited November 2010
    Return of Bruce Wayne was just the best.

MastaP on
  • TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Return of Bruce Wayne cleared up pretty much all the loose ends of Grant's run, I think. Should've come out before B&R 16, though- just pales in comparison.

I think my moment of the week was probably the first page of THUNDER Agents.

Tairu on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

The best part of the issue, however, was
    Cassandra Cain

How sad is it that even such a lackluster appearance is enough to make me giddy with joy? She needs her own book again. It's been so long since we had a good Cassie Cain story.

AND
    She kept the costume!

Cade on
    edited November 2010

Yeah man, it was great

MastaP on
    edited November 2010
    MastaP wrote: »

Yeah man, it was great

Hopefully this heralds the end of whiney Parker.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yeah man, it was great

...You haven't seen the solicits?

Fencingsax on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I liked the peppering of plot threads. It was mainly set-up for what we'll be seeing over the next year on the book but it was a good set-up.

Also I am a bad person and found the Peter and MJ page hilarious.

Furu on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Haha, that's great. He's pulling the drowning-a-thug-to-make-him-talk cliche with atmosphere.

Lux on
    edited November 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yeah man, it was great

Depends on which ones. I knew Big Time was coming but not specifically what it entails, other than the nice artwork. But Spidey's propensity for being a glass-half-empty kind of guy when there's really no reason to be has been the consistent character trait of Peter Parker since BND.

I want to believe he can change, but the comic has lied to me so many times before.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited November 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Yeah man, it was great

Depends on which ones. I knew Big Time was coming but not specifically what it entails, other than the nice artwork. But Spidey's propensity for being a glass-half-empty kind of guy when there's really no reason to be has been the consistent character trait of Peter Parker since 1962

MastaP on
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, I started up with him around the mid-nineties. I guess I just let it slide or didn't notice it because I was a kid then and whining just comes so naturally to us.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well there's the solicited cover about
    Spider-Man dying
    and there's also one with a completely blank cover, whatever that means. Now, that is obviously not going to happen, but it does not indicate happiness to me.

Fencingsax on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Didn't Spider-Man already...
    "die" during the "Other" story event four or five years ago?

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    He did, and he didn't haha. Just reread the trade.

But yeah, Big Time opening issue was great. I'm glad that it kind of dealt a little with BND in tucking away all the issues like a tidy checklist.
    Peter has a crummy roommate - she is moving back to Chicago (check)
    Peter has no job - introduce a logical plotline and cool set of peers for him to work his intelligence (check)
    Peter whines about girls - make him realize he's lucky to have Carli and not be a bitch (check)
    Spider-Man not treated as serious as other heroes - have him save the day with Avengers and Doc Ock even recognize his smarts (check)

Really stoked about the whole thing.

cardboard delusions on
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    Didn't Spider-Man already...
    "die" during the "Other" story event four or five years ago?

Yeah, but I don't think its going to be literal this time.
    One of the big things they've talked about in Big Time is how Spidey is going to be advancing. New costumes, gear, etc. I think by Spider-Man dying, they're going to kill off (at least temporarily) the Red and Blue, web shooters only costume, and Peter is going to go more high tech. Kinda like what Tony did to his costume during Civil War, only without the stupid extra arms.

Man, except for those extra arms, I really like the Iron Spider costume.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    About Thanos MEGA Spoiler
    They cant be dead because the death left the Cancerverse after killing everyone inside there. So they will be inside an endless fight where there is no possible outcomes.

Dreamon on
    edited November 2010
    Dreamon wrote: »
    About Thanos MEGA Spoiler
    They cant be dead because the death left the Cancerverse after killing everyone inside there. So they will be inside an endless fight where there is no possible outcomes.

But see
    with death killing the cancer gods, everything is dying in that world now, and it's basically blowing itself up. So all those robots on Titan? Dead now. Our Death was basically given a new house to play in, and she had to make up for all the borrowed time the cancerverse was using. And what better way to make up for those jerks living beyond their time than by just killing everything?

The wave was coming back from the Fault, and Nova and Quill made sure that Thanos didn't hop out of the universe to go kill our universe for essentially punking him.

Now DnA are very good at using other cosmic things to cheat death, like Quasar coming back to life or even Thanos. There is an out with the cosmic cube, but it's really more when do they come back, because if they come back in under a year it's kind of a cheap stunt.

TexiKen on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Unless Death gives them a free pass for helping Thanos help her to kill the rest?

Wildcat on
    edited November 2010
    Or unless they kill Thanos.

I mean, Nova has the entire Force (I think), and Quill has a cube. They take Thanos down and then find some way to bust back into our universe, like using the Cube. (Honestly Namorita should just ring up Dr Strange when they get back to Earth and he can do a quick dimension hop over and pick them up, but whatever).

It was a good ending. Sad because they died, but hell, DnA actually amde me give a shit so that's impressive. But also it basically sets them up for a comeback at some point, which would be cool. Also Richard Rider becomes a true, awesome, self-sacrificing hero, one of the best Earth has ever put out, and that was a great finish (if it is indeed a finish) to his story.

Solar on
    edited November 2010
    Knight & Squire #2, here's Knight's bat-cave:

ks2a.jpg

Organ Grinder is a villain who came to K&S's town looking to fight them, and a magazine shop owner told him to just go to London and leave them alone, and the villain walks out of the shop like all depressed because no one is taking him (and his talking monkey) seriously. Squire was in the shop buying That Total Castle magazine at the same time, and everyone in town knows the two's secret identities, it's a fantastic book.

TexiKen on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really like Knight and Squire a ton.

"Total Castle" hehehe

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

That's a nice scene and all, but why the fuck are they taking their masks off on a fucking public building like that? It doesn't even look like a tall building, like Bruce and Tim decided to air out their hoods on top of a Walgreen's or something.

Linespider5 on
    edited November 2010
    Bruce activated an electronic scrambler that would short out any surveilance equipment that might be looking. It doesn't deterr plain ol' sight though but I guess we just have to assume they were in a place where they knew they were not being surveyed.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    re the end of Thanos Imperative
    maybe now they'll announce a Nova & Star-Lord series that's all about Rich and Pete bouncing around other dimensions or universes or on the far side of the galaxy just trying to get home. it would be fun!

Rans on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rans wrote: »
    maybe now they'll announce a Nova & Star-Lord series that's all about Rich and Pete bouncing around other dimensions or universes or on the far side of the galaxy just trying to get home. it would be fun!
    Nova and Star-Lord: Exiles?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Knight Errant 2: the introduction of a new Sith Lord
    swkeaf2p5.jpg

Bloods End on
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Htown wrote: »

Haha, actually had the idea to draw an exiles team based on that ending, with an alternate Man-Thing being Pete and Richies multiversal transport. Basically the team would be this forums wet-dream.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Gank wrote: »
    Htown wrote: »

Haha, actually had the idea to draw an exiles team based on that ending, with an alternate Man-Thing being Pete and Richies multiversal transport. Basically the team would be this forums wet-dream.

That would be some hot shit right there.

Solar on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Throw in some Blink and I'm all for it

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg