As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Vegas Thread. Lonesome Road Trailer. DLC coming later this month.

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jwalk on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I have a question: Do you ever meet Mr. New Vegas?

No
    he's supposed to be an AI made by house centuries ago

Well I figured that out. I mean after Henry Eden? how else do you have a radio host sound that smooth and silky 24 hours of the day?

Don't bring up 3-dog, because that guy was obviously drugged up to the gills.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lucky Gomez is a pretty cool guy. He's not very smart (6) or very lucky (5), but he is a good shot, and he is good-hearted, despite being a sort of ambitious prospector. He steals all kinds of little items, out of some compulsion.

I'm trying to decide if I should go the peaceful route or the vengeance route with Cass. We just found Dunn's burned caravan, and now have a decision to make.

I'm having as much fun with Cass as I did with Boone and Raul.

Oh man, you can do both ways, and get both Cass perks.

I'm trying to role-play rather than power-game to 100% of everything, so I feel like I should make a choice.

DouglasDanger on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    tip:
    the NCR will hate you if you go the vengeance route

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jwalk wrote: »

I love home movies.

Cilla Black on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is my favorite home movies clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCpNWWLjMHo

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Lucky Gomez is a pretty cool guy. He's not very smart (6) or very lucky (5), but he is a good shot, and he is good-hearted, despite being a sort of ambitious prospector. He steals all kinds of little items, out of some compulsion.

I'm trying to decide if I should go the peaceful route or the vengeance route with Cass. We just found Dunn's burned caravan, and now have a decision to make.

I'm having as much fun with Cass as I did with Boone and Raul.

Oh man, you can do both ways, and get both Cass perks.

I'm trying to role-play rather than power-game to 100% of everything, so I feel like I should make a choice.
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    tip:
    the NCR will hate you if you go the vengeance route

Hm.

I guess we will gather evidence and try to do things the nice way.

I met the Van Graffs, and Jean does want to meet (and probably rape murder, that guy seems like a psycho) Cass, so I will have a chance to kill him and loot the shit out of his store.

5 luck and 30 barter means I don't have a lot of money. I don't get anywhere near an object's worth, except from Johnson Nash. I've been hovering around 4000 caps for days now. I guess I need to go hunt some Legion jerks.

DouglasDanger on
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't want to kill kids, just the one kid that schills for Mick and Ralph's.

Borommakot on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just turn 3000 into chips and grind the slot machines. Save before you start playing, and reload if you run out of money. It won't let you play for 60 seconds after you do that as an anti-cheating measure, but it should get the job done eventually. Even one of those jackpots is about 30-35k caps, which should set you for a while.

The Naughty Nightwear helps with this too.

freakish light on
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just kill as many legion guys as possible. I did that and am sitting happily at 25k caps from all the garbage I sold.

MereHappenstance on
    edited November 2010
    I wish I could clear out nelson / cottonwood cove more than once

maybe just cottonwood cove
    they set up a new force there every week, every week I come down and kill them all

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I wish I could clear out nelson / cottonwood cove more than once

maybe just cottonwood cove
    they set up a new force there every week, every week I come down and kill them all

Why not just clear out the Legion camp? Took me forever to loot the place, but it was well worth it.

MereHappenstance on
    edited November 2010
    Just turn 3000 into chips and grind the slot machines. Save before you start playing, and reload if you run out of money. It won't let you play for 60 seconds after you do that as an anti-cheating measure, but it should get the job done eventually. Even one of those jackpots is about 30-35k caps, which should set you for a while.

The Naughty Nightwear helps with this too.

I think I lost every time I played slots, but I did break even a few times at blackjack. 5 luck, man.

I might try this grinding the slots thing though.

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2010
    I did it with 6 luck, it takes a while but eventually you'll hit a jackpot for 16k or 32k... boring but worth it .

jwalk on
    edited November 2010
    Get the Naughty Nightwear from Mick and Mikes or whatever it's +1 Luck.

jwalk on
    edited November 2010
    I need about 500 xp to level up, so I can put points into lockpick, so it is high enough that the magazine will raise it to 50, to let me pick the lock in Crimson Caravan office. I started doing "How little we know", and I don't think I can complete that either, since my speech, sneak, lock pick and science skills are all low.

DouglasDanger on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just did Vault 11.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited November 2010
    Just did Vault 11.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Wasn't it completely awesome?

Cilla Black on
  • Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    18dngo.jpg

KRAK.png

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm having fun poking around with the GECK so far. Mostly doing a bit of balancing on weapons I'm downloading from Nexus. Can be a bit of a pain to navigate around in the editor, though.

Arrath on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The fuck is with people modding Bethesda games to include all the loli and anime fucking nonsense

Zen Vulgarity on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I figure those people mod their whole lives to include all the loli and anime fucking nonsense

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    kawaii

Zen Vulgarity on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    Baidol wrote: »
    My only problem with companions so far is when my screen suddenly switches to a the slow-down scene as they kill their newest victim from some random part of the building.

You can hit e to skip that

That's actually good to know, but my two problems with it are that 1) it always startles the bejesus out of me, and 2) when it's over, you're always looking in that direction instead of wherever you were looking before.

I could turn it off, sure, but I really like scoping in a guy half a mile away, squeezing off a round, and then watching his head blow up in slow motion from right next to him. So I'll just live the occasional startles and annoyance.

Oh, yeah it is kind of a pain that the camera moves around. On the other hand, it has helped me figure out where Boone killed something, since he picks up on stuff before I'm aware of it quite often.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited November 2010
    You can get rid of that in options

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2010

the animes?

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

the animes?

No, that's with you for life now.

Have a good one!

Endomatic on
    edited November 2010
    Uguuuu~ :3

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited November 2010
    killallanimes.exe

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2010
    Dely Apple wrote: »
    18dngo.jpg[IMG][/img]

KRAK.png

god

damn

it

Cilla Black on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man I remember when the height of anime modding was a Bubblegum Crisis mod for Duke Nukem 3D where you walked around as Priss in her hardsuit and all the voice work was replaced by lines from the OAVs.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited November 2010
    What the fuck

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2010
    you cannot stop the animes

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited November 2010
    i don't understand what would possess someone to look at NV and think "man, a creepy as shit loli catgirl thing would really work with this setting. I will spend hours making such a thing, and rather than shame, I will feel pride and share it with the world."

DouglasDanger on
    edited November 2010
    Now combine that with the prostitution mod

Zen Vulgarity on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is there a Hunter S Thompson mod yet?

If not, why not?

ballcap&glasses and a big revolver!

No point in mentioning these Cazadors, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
    edited November 2010
    Now combine that with the prostitution mod

[RAPE]

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    edited November 2010
    What the fuck

See, what I'm trying to say is, this is not a new phenomena.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dely Apple wrote: »
    18dngo.jpg[IMG][/img]

KRAK.png

this has to be ironic

right?

Squall on
    edited November 2010
    hell, here's one some folks were making for UT2004

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png