As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jeep [Chat]okee

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    I would recommend Modern Warfare one Mazzyx. It is sort of a middle ground, the story and settings are good and much less retarded than in MW2 - though the game with the best story is probably Black Ops. I found the gameplay best in Modern Warfare one, much less bullshit deaths.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I quite enjoyed the first Modern Warfare back in the day.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    What how?

They are the best!

I don't understand. These are otherwise reasonable people who have a giant black hole in their sense of humor where their PBF appreciation spot should be.

I find that weird, they must be pretty boring. :P

Honk on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll buy a new Call of Duty game when Activision proves they understand the concept of depreciation. MW2 is still 60 bucks, which makes me laugh.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What how?

They are the best!

I don't understand. These are otherwise reasonable people who have a giant black hole in their sense of humor where their PBF appreciation spot should be.

You can't open with 'drowning cat'. Try 'truancy bot' or 'IT'S MY BIRTHDAY' first.

TL DR on
    edited November 2010
    PBF is fun but formulaic. Basically if you try to read through the whole catalog in one go it can get a little samey but other than that they are fun.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2010
    Thematically they are very similar I agree.

But like delicious chocolate you can only eat so many at a time.

Honk on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah Black Ops just sounds like I get to basically play Rambo and that sounds entertaining to me. I will keep it on my list of games when they go on sale then. My current hope for the big steam christmas sale is...

Metro 2033
    Singularity
    Civ 5 dlc
    Titan Quest
    RUSE
    Napoleon Total War

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited November 2010
    Titan Quest is always on sale. :P

Honk on
    edited November 2010
    Titan Quest is a diablo game, right?

Inquisitor on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    sup chat.

right now I am playing a monkey named skippy who is caught up in events

Nerdgasmic on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What how?

They are the best!

You can't open with 'drowning cat'. Try 'truancy bot' or 'IT'S MY BIRTHDAY' first.

I showed Trial of Colonel Sweeto to co-workers once and they regarded it with disdain and acted like I was a crazy person.

I just don't understand that. That comic is funny as shit.

Regina Fong on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The ongoing published reaction to this school disallowing a lesbian girl to invite her partner to their formal is like a rollercoaster of hope for mankind and idiocy.

Although it is kind of funny that the people who are clearly opposed are trying to weasel their way to the point by commenting on things like "discipline, they must follow authority!"

Example:
    Most of yesterday's letters supported the two girls defying the school rules. When I was that age (too many years ago to say) all the children understood that the teachers were the ones in charge. We knew to behave ourselves or otherwise be punished, not only by the school, but then by our parents afterwards for not doing the right thing.

How can schools give a good education when the principal and the teachers are dictated to by the children? And yes, these girls are still children.

How will they grow up to accept responsibility if they cannot follow good, commonsense rules given to them by people who have their best welfare at heart?

What would have been wrong with the young lady asking a male friend or relative to accompany her? Surely formals don't mean the beginning of long and meaningful relationships for children.

Also (different letter):
    As for parents endorsing active intimacy, whether homosexual or heterosexual, among children in their early teens, I can only shake my head in dismay at such a dismal level of irresponsibility.

HA.
    The principal of Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar deserves congratulations for not succumbing to political correctness in banning two lesbian students from attending the school ball. Heather Schnagl acted in the interests of most parents and students, and of the school's ethos and credibility.
    This one is just depressing.

EDIT: Oh wait, this one is pretty good too:
    I am perplexed by the coverage of the Ivanhoe students who were prevented from going to the formal. These are 15- and 16-year old children we are talking about. What is the age of consent in Victoria? Aren't there laws to protect children from having to deal with such issues of sexuality as they are still in the process of their sexual formation?

Neither would have matured fully and are still going through the hormonal changes associated with puberty. Aren't we still asking the wrong questions?

You see clearly what we should be doing is...mumble...age of consent! LAWS!!!

electricitylikesme on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rachel Maddow is interviewing Jon Stewart. Looks like an hour-long thing. So far it appears to be going much like the Defending The President thread.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Need a fifth for a game of LoLing.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    sup chat.

I am jealous of your gaming.

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2010
    It is, and it is interesting. Both are very intelligent people and they are having a calm rational conversation.

Honk: I miss it every time as well because I forget about it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Yeah Black Ops just sounds like I get to basically play Rambo and that sounds entertaining to me. I will keep it on my list of games when they go on sale then. My current hope for the big steam christmas sale is...

Metro 2033
    Singularity
    Civ 5 dlc
    Titan Quest
    RUSE
    Napoleon Total War

THQ put Metro 2033 in both the last Steam sale, and a month later in their own sale for even less (like $7fuckingdecimalpoint50), and I thought it was part of the semi-recent THQ week so yeah, that and Titan Quest will be on sale every other week between now and the heat death of the universe.

Lawndart on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It is, and it is interesting. Both are very intelligent people and they are having a calm rational conversation.

We need so damn much more of this kind of talking on TV.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited November 2010
    The ongoing published reaction to this school disallowing a lesbian girl to invite her partner to their formal is like a rollercoaster of hope for mankind and idiocy.

Although it is kind of funny that the people who are clearly opposed are trying to weasel their way to the point by commenting on things like "discipline, they must follow authority!"

Example:
    Most of yesterday's letters supported the two girls defying the school rules. When I was that age (too many years ago to say) all the children understood that the teachers were the ones in charge. We knew to behave ourselves or otherwise be punished, not only by the school, but then by our parents afterwards for not doing the right thing.

How can schools give a good education when the principal and the teachers are dictated to by the children? And yes, these girls are still children.

How will they grow up to accept responsibility if they cannot follow good, commonsense rules given to them by people who have their best welfare at heart?

What would have been wrong with the young lady asking a male friend or relative to accompany her? Surely formals don't mean the beginning of long and meaningful relationships for children.

Also (different letter):
    As for parents endorsing active intimacy, whether homosexual or heterosexual, among children in their early teens, I can only shake my head in dismay at such a dismal level of irresponsibility.

HA.
    The principal of Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar deserves congratulations for not succumbing to political correctness in banning two lesbian students from attending the school ball. Heather Schnagl acted in the interests of most parents and students, and of the school's ethos and credibility.
    This one is just depressing.

EDIT: Oh wait, this one is pretty good too:
    I am perplexed by the coverage of the Ivanhoe students who were prevented from going to the formal. These are 15- and 16-year old children we are talking about. What is the age of consent in Victoria? Aren't there laws to protect children from having to deal with such issues of sexuality as they are still in the process of their sexual formation?

Neither would have matured fully and are still going through the hormonal changes associated with puberty. Aren't we still asking the wrong questions?

You see clearly what we should be doing is...mumble...age of consent! LAWS!!!

1) Appeal to authority
    2) Slut shaming
    3) Fuck it, lets just be huge bigots and admit it

edit

4) Blatant ass double standard. By that logic, no one can take a date to prom

Regina Fong on
    edited November 2010
    Coincidentally the heat death of the universe is tomorrow at noon, GMT.

Honk on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    sup chat.

I am jealous of your gaming.

his monkey girlfriend is being held hostage by the pigmasks, and he's traveling with one of their leaders who shocks skippy all the time because he is a dick

of course he is also the best combat companion yet, doing tons of damage and instantly curing skippy of any status effects at the cost of 1 health

Nerdgasmic on
    edited November 2010
    Oh man an investigative tv show that I am watching had an archive video from FOX from 2004 and it was pretty racist.

Honk on
    edited November 2010

Due, after the missile scare in California that headline sort of seems unimportant.

Regina Fong on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited November 2010

The creature on the right looks like a happy Alien.

Honk on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Due, after the missile scare in California that headline sort of seems unimportant.

California should just detonate a faultline and become it's own island. Look at the benefits: you'd no longer be part of the same country as Alabama, Texas or Arizona.

electricitylikesme on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

The porpoises were unavailable for comment.

So It Goes on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SO MUCH BOOZE

SO MUCH

tyrannus on
    edited November 2010
    Porpoise is a submarine class.

Honk on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »

The porpoises were unavailable for comment.

What...?

Edit: Why does this seem like something that should be on the Onion.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    edited November 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »

Metro 2033
    Singularity
    Civ 5 dlc
    Titan Quest
    RUSE
    Napoleon Total War

THQ put Metro 2033 in both the last Steam sale, and a month later in their own sale for even less (like $7fuckingdecimalpoint50), and I thought it was part of the semi-recent THQ week so yeah, that and Titan Quest will be on sale every other week between now and the heat death of the universe.

Last THQ sale I missed the first 4 days due to not loading up Steam or knowing about it. So I missed. Titan Quest is more of a memory thing and to notice it.

*sigh* Never thought people would be so pushing about me wanting to buy certain games during a certain sale.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited November 2010
    Is wine and instant mashed potatoes a good dinner

So It Goes on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    is it box wine?

i mean, the other day my dinner was a cucumber

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    today it was soup and yogurt

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited November 2010

Well, instant mashed potatoes are never good so I am not certain. Though with enough wine Ibet anything is good.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wine is always good

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Put cheese on the potatoes and you have your starch, dairy, protein and fruit. That sounds like a balanced meal to me.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited November 2010
    Put cheese on the potatoes and you have your starch, dairy, protein and fruit. That sounds like a balanced meal to me.

They are four cheese flavored instant potatoes

DONE AND DONE

So It Goes on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I kinda like instant potatoes

man I am looking forward to thanksgiving

my fav thing is brown & serve rolls stuffed with mashed potatoes

skippydumptruck on
This discussion has been closed.