As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fuck World of Tanks, all hail Tankhammer (who you gonna call?)

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    ah, thanks

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cool, I hadn't noticed that about the gold trickle coming in even for days you don't play. Gonna be away for 4 days starting tomorrow, so it's nice not to miss out on 600 gold.

Supraluminal on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh that is handy. I might turn some of my gold into credits, I've still got like 5000 after rebuying my matilda and a month of premium. I have the ferd researched but am about a million creds short.

L|ama on
    edited September 2010
    if you have 5,000 gold or more, you won't receive the daily allowance because 5,000 is the cap

so you definitely want to use some of that gold

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited September 2010
    oh really? I guess I have less than that because I have been getting gold

L|ama on
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    guess they changed it then, because earlier I found I wasn't receiving any gold once I was over 5k

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I assume 100% for artillery isn't really worth it compared to 75%?
    With commander (8%) and ventilation upgrade (5%) that's 88% already.

Got elite on pz3 and panther so wasn't sure what to go for next, King Tiger would take too long but I nearly got enough free exp to jump to the hummel and try out artillery for a bit.

Alegis on
    edited September 2010
    I've never considered the ventilation equipment worth the expense for the meager 5% skill boost

and you should have gold to burn unless you were stupid and converted it all into credits, so I definitely feel it's worth paying 200g to train to 100%

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Apparently hummel is 6 crew so that's 1200. I've got gold to burn but not that much more than 1200 left (took premium for a month, full 100% crew panther and fully modularized panther and some small extras for the pz3)

Of course being an open tank the hummel doesn't have vents so that's not a cheaper way to get 100%. I suppose I'll get gold for the loader(s?) and gunner.

Alegis on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    guess they changed it then, because earlier I found I wasn't receiving any gold once I was over 5k

Yeah they changed it, I was receiving daily gold and up until yesterday I had over 7k.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Spall Liner for heavier tanks? I'm in an IS now, and one hell of a shell magnet. (Got my first Steel Wall) It seems like the liner would be a good investment, since those who can't penetrate are probably flinging HE at me.

Arrath on
  • TalonZahnTalonZahn Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The good news is, my rotator cuff surgery went well and I can still outplay most people in WoT with one hand free and one arm in a sling.

/score

TalonZahn on
    edited September 2010
    I get penetrating shots pretty often in my IS, arrath. Most of the HE I take seems to be artillery.

L|ama on
    edited September 2010
    getting circlestrafed as a tank destroyer is the most frustrating shit ever

L|ama on
    edited September 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    getting circlestrafed as a tank destroyer is the most frustrating shit ever

yep. yep indeed

I am so glad I got a medium now.

Artillery is pretty fun

Alegis on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The best feeling is getting behind a TD or Arty and wedging into their backside so they can't turn.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    And then their all Oh no, as my 10.5 cm cannon lines up and I blow my shells all over th-

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited September 2010
    I'm liking the ferdinand a bit even with just the starting 88, being able to actually penetrate most things from the front reliably is a nice change. Things go pear shaped quickly when people get close, though.

L|ama on
    edited September 2010
    BYToady wrote: »
    The best feeling is getting behind a ferdinand and wedging into their backside so they can't turn.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited September 2010
    you don't even have to do that, 18 degrees per second of rotation means you can just sort of drive past me and shoot a bit and I'm fucked.

L|ama on
    edited September 2010
    Changes to the SU-8's fire rates suck :(

I was just on a horrible team. As a T-34-85 with the 85mm ZiS I (HE'd) an IS-4 from 70-something to 23%, taking 2 shots from him in the process. No one else fired a single shot in his direction.

Arrath on
    edited September 2010
    Arrath wrote: »

What changes? Did they release an update in the last few days? I just started the launcher, but the only update it downloaded was a patch for the launcher itself, not the game client.

Supraluminal on
    edited September 2010

What changes? Did they release an update in the last few days? I just started the launcher, but the only update it downloaded was a patch for the launcher itself, not the game client.

122mm is now 5 rounds/minute. Bigger one is something like 3.3/min.

Arrath on
    edited September 2010

122mm is now 5 rounds/minute. Bigger one is something like 3.3/min.

It's showing as 5.5 and 3.7 per minute in-game right now. Isn't that what it's always been? Or has the actual RoF changed without the displayed values being updated?

Edit: Also, I tooled around the WoT forums for a bit, but I don't see anything there about a change. I would expect them to be going crazy if something had changed. Where are you getting your information?

Supraluminal on
    edited September 2010
    Huh. I could've sworn it was ~8 and ~5 before. Sure feels a lot slower than I remember.

Arrath on
    edited September 2010
    Huh. I could've sworn it was ~8 and ~5 before. Sure feels a lot slower than I remember.

On the SU-8? No, the 152mm has always had a RoF of less than 4rpm, at least for as long as I've used it.

Supraluminal on
    edited September 2010
    Weird, wonder why it feels so slow to me now.

Dear god shells for the 122 on my IS are expensive D:

Arrath on
    edited September 2010
    yeah I'm sticking with the 100mm due to that

you barely gain any penetration with the 122, and I can already dodge enough that if I can take out most tanks I can penetrate

also the turret that the 122 needs is way slower, so yeah just stickin with the lower tier stuff is working alright

L|ama on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, the 100mm is the way to go on the IS in my opinion. I'll wait until I can get the BL-9 on the IS-3 to move up to 122mm.

Supraluminal on
    edited September 2010
    Thats what I'm leaning towards as well. For the same average penetration I'll take double the rate of fire and faster traverse, thank you.

Edit: Sweet Raptor Jesus, the 100mm is the way to go. Just finished a Lakeville match (biggest tank in it), ended with 9 kills. Used my last AP shell to kill their last tank, whew. First match where I earned over 2k xp.

Arrath on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, they just introduced the american tanks.

And one of the US-only consumable items seems to be a case of coke.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited November 2010
    honestly I've completely lost interest in this game

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited November 2010
    I still play it from time to time, I enjoy rolling out the IS for a while and blowing stuff up. I guess I'll have to check out the American tanks sometime.

Arrath on
  • Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've been playing off and on for a while and the only thing that got me excited about the update was the desert map and auto-aim tweak...yeah

Minor Second on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I might drop in to check out the American TDs. Wanna see that hellcat in action.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MegaMek wrote: »
    I might drop in to check out the American TDs. Wanna see that hellcat in action.

They released most of the US armour except for the TD line, sorry dude.

Minor Second on
    edited November 2010
    American tanks but no helllllllllllllllllcat? screw that

Alegis on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well that's sorta disappointing; I was really excited for that one in particular. Do we know what their plans are rearding the TD tree?

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited November 2010
    I actually just played this for the first time in weeks a couple of days ago. It's still pretty fun, but all the fundamental problems with it remain. It's really a shame they went with microtransactions.

One thing that's pretty cool is that apparently the latest patch fixes the "warping" issue, which will make aiming at distant targets much less of a crapshoot. That was one of my biggest gripes on the technical side of things.

Supraluminal on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you guys aren't playing this anymore, I suggest you actually make this thread about me.

TankHammer on