As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Twilight Imperium] Game ON!

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Looks good; the War Sun special abilities are on the Fighter line, though.

Darian on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I actually don't seem to have any of the unit stats on my doc, but otherwise looks okay.

El Skid on
    edited November 2010
    Did you get the new doc? Refresh googledocs.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Definitely. I have my politics cards now, and the layout changed...just no units.

El Skid on
    edited November 2010
    No... the new doc. Not the update of your old one.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Apparently I am brain-dead today. Checked and yes, there is a second doc. Carry on!

El Skid on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If that's all, then naalu is up.

Rend on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    To the L1Z1X Mindnet and the Emirates of Hacan,

I have the honor of extending to each of you the offer of an exchange of trade contracts. As you know, a contract with the Xxcha Kingdom is among the most valuable in the galaxy (excepting only those of the uniquely trade-minded Hacan). We understand that you are likely to receive other offers, but we hope that you will consider our proposal with the same care that we of the Kingdom took in discerning the most worthy trade partners.

Chief Diplomat FunkyWaltDogg of the Xxcha Kingdom

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the_naalu_collective.gif Due to the unfortunate shortage of resources on this side of the galaxy, the Naalu were curious if any neighbours were seeking non-aggression before we decide which way to lean.

Our leaning may also be influenced by any suggested trade negotiations.

(We also have our first action in the works.)

Mordenthral on
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Letnev would, I suppose, be willing to share their enlightened and peaceful ways (and trade contracts) with the Naalu.

Lykouragh on
    edited November 2010
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    The Letnev would, I suppose, be willing to share their enlightened and peaceful ways (and trade contracts) with the Naalu.

the_naalu_collective.gif It's an interesting situation you present. If you see the truth in the statement that the Qucen'n system is ours, then you may have a deal.

Also, if the Merchant's Guild were to approve a trade deal between Letnev and ourselves, we might be inclined to leave the meagre resources of the Mindnet alone.

Our positions seem to be one of the the Have Not side of the galaxy against the Have side.

Mordenthral on
    edited November 2010
    Lykouragh wrote: »

the_naalu_collective.gif It's an interesting situation you present. If you see the truth in the statement that the Qucen'n system is ours, then you may have a deal.

Also, if the Merchant's Guild were to approve a trade deal between Letnev and ourselves, we might be inclined to leave the meagre resources of the Mindnet alone.

Our positions seem to be one of the the Have Not side of the galaxy against the Have side.

We wouldn't want such a filthy system anyway.

Lykouragh on
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    OK, first action, let me know if I'm doing something wrong...

Activating Lirta IV System
    Moving in Carrier (w/2 Ground Forces and 4 Fighters), Cruiser and Destroyer into Activated System to claim both worlds with the Ground Forces.

That look like a correct complete action that makes sense strategically?

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
    edited November 2010
    Looks fine to me, Susan.

Hacan are up next!

El Skid on
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Activate 2-3?-system with Dal Bootha and Xeehan
    Moving in carrier taking 2 ground forces and 2 fighters and a cruiser into activated system and occupying both worlds with the ground forces

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    edited November 2010
    The Hacan also prepare to trade with less profitable members of the galaxy-will be looking for more valuable trade offers first in trade for our lucrative goods, possibly from our neighbors first to help spread goodwill across the galaxy

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    edited November 2010
    Note: Last game we asked everyone to include their command counters remaining with each action post where it changed. That would probably be a good thing to do again.

Activate Abyz/Fria
    Pick up two ground forces from Archon Ren
    Move the carrier with two ground forces and two fighters from home to Abyz system
    Land a ground force on each planet (Abyz and Fria)

Command Counters:
    Strategy: 2
    Command: 2
    Fleet: 3

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    The Hacan also prepare to trade with less profitable members of the galaxy-will be looking for more valuable trade offers first in trade for our lucrative goods, possibly from our neighbors first to help spread goodwill across the galaxy

The Federation of Sol would certainly be happy to trade with our Hacan-y neighbours, and have more to offer to them trade-wise.

Having a trade agreement with both of our neighbours (the L1Z1X being the other) would be exellent.

El Skid on
    edited November 2010
    Turn 1 action order:
    1: Naalu - Susan + Mordenthral - Diplomacy: 2
    2: Hacan - Gene Parmesan + SeGaTai - Leadership: 1
    3: Xxcha - Darian + FWD - Assembly: 3
    4: Letnev - Lykouragh - Production: 4
    5: L1Z1X - Alkey + Payot - Trade: 5
    6: Sol - El Skid - Technology: 7

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Note: Last game we asked everyone to include their command counters remaining with each action post where it changed. That would probably be a good thing to do again.

Activate Abyz/Fria
    Pick up two ground forces from Archon Ren
    Move the carrier with two ground forces and two fighters from home to Abyz system
    Land a ground force on each planet (Abyz and Fria)

Command Counters:
    Strategy: 2
    Command: 3
    Fleet: 2

This is a good idea, but did you mean Strat 2, Fleet 3, Command 2?

Lykouragh on
    edited November 2010
    Yes. :oops:

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Activate Coorneeq/Resculon
    Pick up two Ground forces from Arc Prime
    Move Carrier, Dreadnaught, Destroyer to Coorneeq/Resculon
    Drop 1 Ground Force on each Planet
    2/3/2

Also, probably a good time to point out that even though my Fleet Supply is 3, I have a racial that lets me have 1 more ship in each fleet that my Fleet Supply, due to the superior logistical ability of my feudal economy.

Also, I usually play with the Distant Suns counters, and it really changes the dynamics of these first few moves. :) Dropping on good planets with just 1 ground force is so risky with those!

Lykouragh on
  • Alkey42Alkey42 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The mindnet wishes to trade with Hacan, though due to thier abilities to complete the kessel run in under twelve parsecs, these wishes can not be enforced by TradeSec that is currently under mindnet admin.

Will the Hacan trade with us?
    *bats cybernetic eyelashes*
    pleeeeaaaassssee
    pretty please with a data crystal on top.

Alkey42 on
    edited November 2010
    Activating Trade (5)
    Collect 3 Trade Goods

Open Negotiations for Trade. Will wait for Hacan to make decisions before offering/rejecting agreements.

Alkey42 on
    edited November 2010
    Xxcha:
    Offer <2> to Hacan for <3>
    Offer <2> to L1Z1X for <1>

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    L1Z1X is opening trade negotiations, and as such he is the sole decider of when the trade negotiations will end. Also remember, L1Z1X must approve of ALL TRADE NEGOTIATIONS except those which involve the Hacan.

No trade contracts will be processed after L1Z1X ends the trades, except Hacan trading (as long as the delay is reasonably short- no player may deny the Hacan trade, including by ending trade negotiations abruptly).

Rend on
    edited November 2010
    Offer Naalue <1>

Anyone want my other, very special, <1>? L1z1x perhaps?

Lykouragh on
    edited November 2010
    Offer L1Z1X <2> for their <1>
    Offer Hacan <2> for their < 3>

El Skid on
    edited November 2010
    the_naalu_collective.gif
    The Naalu offer their <1> in exchange for the offered Letnev <1>, to be approved by the Merchant's Guild.

Are there any bargains to be made for our <2>?

Mordenthral on
    edited November 2010
    Offering/accepting trades with Xxcha/Sol
    Giving a < 3> receiving a <2>

May this help forge a mighty alliance in the NE? sector of the galaxy

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
    edited November 2010
    Sol is pleased with the decision of the Hacan. May peace reign in our quadrant of the galaxy.

Speaking of which, the Hacan have now made their decisions. L1Z1X, have you by chance considered the <2> for <1> offer we have made to you?

El Skid on
    edited November 2010
    And the <2> for <1> offered to you by the Xxcha, of course.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    I'm going to update the map etc. once negotiations are complete.

Rend on
    edited November 2010
    Hacan, you disappoint us.

We, the only complete life forms in the galaxy, strive to better understand the semi-whole biologics. Some of the personality processing units believe that this can be accomplished through the study of ancient transmissions of romantic themed video entertainment serials. We have become quite fascinated by one in particular called, "All my children spend the days of their lives in general hospital as the world turns". The expert systems suggest that better, though imperfect communication could be achieved with biologics through this medium. Therefore on today's episode, we will explore the idea of jealousy.

Xxcha, you people that have high sexual appetite, low standards, and are unattracted to us, since we can not force the Hacan to trade their valuable fluids with us, we are jealous of you. Therefore:

Any trade contracts Xxcha submits will be REJECTED

Also, the reason we acted so weird last time, was because we were actually our twin brother in that encounter. And, the baby isn't yours, its progenitor was your acquaintance you co-habitated with when we first met. You were bad at the mating ritual anyway.

Sol, we see you also betrayed us for the sweet affections of the Hacan. We want to hate you, but....we just can't quit you.

APPROVE Trade Contract between Sol <2> and L1Z1X <1>

Naalu, we would like to trade <1> of our fine, efficiently mass-manufactured good for your semi-precious metals <2>. We are sorry some of your Goods <1> do not have a buyer because of Xxcha's promiscuity. Don't you just hate them?

L1Z1X offers <1> to Naalu for <2>, if accepted APPROVE

This concludes today's episode. Next time, the Hacan ambassador suffers a terrible accident and undergoes a brain transplant into a clone. Due to bad handwriting, the clone is of the wrong gender. (Dramatic Organ music!) Will the Xxcha still love them? Tune in next time!

Alkey42 on
    edited November 2010
    I can see this will be an entertaining game :P

El Skid on
    edited November 2010
    Dear heartless and inferiorly manufactured robots;

We will tell you who impregnated the XXcha if you take our trade contract.

Lykouragh on
    edited November 2010
    Oops forgot about the Barony, If the Naalu Trades their <2> with us, then they can trade their remaining contract with the Barony. Otherwise the Naalu can kiss our shiny metal waste disposal conduit and we will Trade our <1> for the Barony's <1>. And the Naalu get no contracts.

Alkey42 on
    edited November 2010
    I see the L1Z1X are actively courting friendships throughout the galaxy.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    You perhaps expected the killer robots to be diplomatic wizards?

El Skid on
    edited November 2010
    The Hacan are regretful that we can't trade the L1Z1X for smaller and smaller microchips to power our space ipods but we have eyes only for space gold so come back when you have more

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai