As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Jeep [Chat]okee

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    dang

woke up at 3:30

crazt

You'll be up till 5 am. You are hitting the unemployed "Oh god, their goes my sleep cycle" thing about a week early.

this is terrible. i don't even remember frankie leaving for work.

i need to start setting my clock or something. i even forewent any caffeine or alcohol yesterday hoping that it would help get my system straight

If you regularly consume caffeine, wouldn't skipping it actually create/contribute to a sleep problem?

Robos A Go Go on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    dang

crazt

You'll be up till 5 am. You are hitting the unemployed "Oh god, their goes my sleep cycle" thing about a week early.

i need to start setting my clock or something. i even forewent any caffeine or alcohol yesterday hoping that it would help get my system straight

It's really too late at this point. The snooze button is gonna get worn out till you set it a little later. You've started the job search right? Because your urge to do it is going to start dropping off soon.

Thomamelas on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    it is french for "cock"

finally gonna do something with that 10 pound drum of frozen dongers i picked up at costco

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    dang

crazt

It's really too late at this point. The snooze button is gonna get worn out till you set it a little later. You've started the job search right? Because your urge to do it is going to start dropping off soon.

yeah i have started banging around. i guess i'll set an agenda for monday and try to head into next week the right way.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

The comments are the best/worst
    What they mean:
    We don't want students discriminating against each other

What they're actually saying:
    Gay students are allowed to have self esteem about their sexual orientation and straight students are not. Girls are allowed to say they're superior to men and even openly hate men and call them pigs, but males must be sensitive. Whites aren't allowed to have a culture, because all white culture is inherently racist. If you aren't christian you deserve to suffer for all eternity.

The result:
    If you're white, straight, male or non-christian you are constantly made to feel like dirt.

As a white straight male, I gotta say, it is FUCKING AWESOME being a white straight male. This guy is obviously doing it wrong.

Deebaser on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I ate about a kilo of ready made pasta, most of a garlic baguette, and some salad.

Feeling a little more human.

japan on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cock of vinny

Senjutsu on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I find this delightfully pleasant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpI5tJoncS0

MrMister on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    dang

crazt

That's not the only option. Since my vacation started I've been taking the "sleep 12-16 hours a day" route rather than the "crazy sleep cycle".

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »

What they mean:

Gay students are allowed to have self esteem about their sexual orientation and straight students are not. Girls are allowed to say they're superior to men and even openly hate men and call them pigs, but males must be sensitive. Whites aren't allowed to have a culture, because all white culture is inherently racist. If you aren't christian you deserve to suffer for all eternity.

The result:
    If you're white, straight, male or non-christian you are constantly made to feel like dirt.

As a white straight male, I gotta say, it is FUCKING AWESOME being a white straight male. This guy is obviously doing it wrong.

Srsly.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    being white is pretty awesome i must say

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    It weirds me out how everyone's talking about the Avengers cartoon when Brave and the Bold is still airing and remains the best kids'/manchildren's superhero show of the past several years.

Why? There's room in my heart for both.

Brave and the Bold is a note-perfect rendition of what I love about the sheer balls-out insanity of Silver Age DC. Why is Batman storming Omaha Beach with the Allies? WHO CARES, HE JUST IS. It's the perfect counterpoint to the self-important "realism" of stuff like the Nolan movies (which I love, don't get me wrong).

Whereas I am really digging the Avengers because they've never really done a full-on, unapologetically epic, Stan Lee-style Marvel cartoon before. If you'd told me a year ago that I'd ever see Arnim Zola or Mandrill in a cartoon, I'd have laughed. But they've got those AND plots that are faithful to the early age of Marvel AND some really dead-on characterizations of some of my favorite characters.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »

What they mean:

The result:

People trying to get us down, but I know I've already won the genetic lottery.

Daxon on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    dang

crazt

yeah i have started banging around. i guess i'll set an agenda for monday and try to head into next week the right way.

You say that, but when Saturday, Sunday and Monday all blur together and then Frankie tells you it's Thursday, that plan will fall apart.

Thomamelas on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I try to get 9-10 hours of sleep on work nights

Senjutsu on
    edited November 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    It weirds me out how everyone's talking about the Avengers cartoon when Brave and the Bold is still airing and remains the best kids'/manchildren's superhero show of the past several years.

Why? There's room in my heart for both.

Brave and the Bold is a note-perfect rendition of what I love about the sheer balls-out insanity of Silver Age DC. Why is Batman storming Omaha Beach with the Allies? WHO CARES, HE JUST IS. It's the perfect counterpoint to the self-important "realism" of stuff like the Nolan movies (which I love, don't get me wrong).

Whereas I am really digging the Avengers because they've never really done a full-on, unapologetically epic, Stan Lee-style Marvel cartoon before. If you'd told me a year ago that I'd ever see Arnim Zola or Mandrill in a cartoon, I'd have laughed. But they've got those AND plots that are faithful to the early age of Marvel AND some really dead-on characterizations of some of my favorite characters.

The use of an LMD with Fury was a nice touch.

Thomamelas on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gooey wrote: »

Yeah white, straight, married and living in the subburbs. Its the best man. Every day is like white boy day, even Drexel told me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

I try and routinely fail to get eight hours sleep on weeknights.

japan on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

I do 7 to 8 normally, but that helps me not be too tired for the day. Though when I get run down I'll go to bed at 8.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    japan wrote: »
    I ate about a kilo of ready made pasta, most of a garlic baguette, and some salad.

Feeling a little more human.

Are we human or are we mountain?

Also, I'd feel weird if I watched either of those cartoons.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited November 2010

Yeah white, straight, married and living in the subburbs. Its the best man. Every day is like white boy day, even Drexel told me.

Pretty much. I mean if you are clearly not there to oppress or rape then pretty much everyone is happy to see you.

Thomamelas on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I usually get 6 hours a night during the week, and 10 on the weekends.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Those students are loathsome, but it seems like (protected) political speech to me. They shouldn't be forced to cover it up.

MrMister on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

Those students are loathsome, but it seems like (protected) political speech to me. They shouldn't be forced to cover it up.
    Students have very restricted speech rights to begin with, and hate speech is rarely allowed.

Captain Carrot on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Doesn't apply in school for the most part.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    people talking about nick fury made me think of this

spoiled for huge
    nickfurymotherrussia1.jpg

Edit: or not, whatever

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ugh, sorry, that came off harsher than I meant it.

What you eat is your business, Japan, not mine.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking that if Netflix wants to call itself a streaming company it should have a hell of a lot more of its library available for streaming. They can call themselves a streaming company when every season of Top Gear is available!

Sarksus on
    edited November 2010

That is the opposite of true.

MrMister on
    edited November 2010

Even if it's drawn from the Bible, it's still hate speech.

If the quote had actually been about how great it is when a dude plows a lady, though, I'd support them too.

But it wasn't. Instead, it's a quote that clearly targets gay students with a message of violence.

Robos A Go Go on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

this comment right here seems a lot more harsh than your initial one?

Ludious on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ok, I've posted this before but in case any of you haven't seen it:
    http://www.cornell.edu/video/?videoID=909&startSecs=0&endSecs=5031

It's a series of 5 lectures by physicist Nima Arkani-Hamed which is an excellent summation of what is up in physics lately. And some very good explanations of what might be found at the large hadron collider.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

i don't think he'll take offense

he's a pretty avid cyclist

(i am the seat)

Organichu on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

You know what's even better?

Being a white member of the patriarchy.

Regina Fong on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I was thinking that if Netflix wants to call itself a streaming company it should have a hell of a lot more of its library available for streaming. They can call themselves a streaming company when every season of Top Gear is available!

I know :(. At least Top Gear season 13 is in the mail for me.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    sarks, help me petition to get the eddie izzard specials back on instant watch

Nerdgasmic on
    edited November 2010

A prohibition against expression of opinion, without any evidence that the rule is necessary to avoid substantial interference with school discipline or the rights of others, is not permissible under the First and Fourteenth Amendments.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Tinker notwithstanding, most cases about free speech in schools go against the students.

Captain Carrot on
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

They can call themselves a streaming company when majestic brown bears can count on them as a reliable source of salmon!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am really annoyed about how this stream keeps playing ads for Sarah Palin's new show.

PS Will I will prolly ttl if you are available this weekend, but right now I gotta go catch my bus.

Fare the well [chat]

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
This discussion has been closed.