As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WE HAVE A SERVER! BUY NOW! MINECRAFT!

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just you.

Where did Bill go?

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Baidol signs on, server fails.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    But I get to still play.

VICTORY

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    does anyone have the claims map so I don't start something in someone's way?

Raneados on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't worry about claims. Find an open spot and go to town.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah, i was pretty effin' sparkly last night; gin and lemonade is dangerous, kids! today, i have had: cran/raspberry juice, a single slice of bread, water.

it takes very little for me to start ranting about music, really. sobriety is just a fairly functional dam on the river.

now, time for some 'crafting before dinner.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    hiartbillhiartbill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wait what, david is broken again? I was just there last night and it was fine!

hiartbill on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the server crash says otherwise

unless it was something to do with me typing /home

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    server didn't crash, but I guess it lagged enough for people to get booted? you might just have to play during off hours when there are less people on :P At least until Notch puts in a true fix for the performance issues.

hiartbill on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    well let me come back on and check!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A few people have been error'ing out pretty hard (Baidol most recently). I'm not sure if this is caused by a mod we're using, or if the server itself has a bug in it. I'll keep an eye on it and see if there's any clues as to why it happens though.

hiartbill on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Have you guys run a vanilla server since the update?

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    We did for a bit and it was fine.

Then Ein's server died.

nuka on
  • Options
    NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cool stuff goins. Gonna have to get the IP so I can walk through and look at all the cool stuff you guys made (at least once the server starts working again [if]).

Right now I'm just trying to make a 3d model of the first town screen in Simon's quest. It's only 64 wide by 29 high, so its not too hard. It's not gonna be pinpoint accurate, but it should be neat none the less, and I may move on and do other NES level deals.

I'm kind of surprised I haven't seen any Mario world reproductions, but that's because I haven't really looked. I'm sure there's tons of Mario tributes around.

Newtron on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i think that tronic pack is like 32 bit or whatever the double resolution is

the brick tile won't stop being that weird corner fire bug thing

and the hell tiles are water, which is actually fucking cool

and those sound like resolution issues

looks very nice, and I'm almost completely happy with my alterations

still gotta do vehicles though

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    They are Rane, you gotta install that HD Texture mod thing to get it working. It's in the 3rd post of the op.

Portals and a few other things still don't work, so read the thread first.

nuka on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    woo

it's looking good

I tweaked the colors a bit and changed a lot of tiles, I think i need to make bricks a little more muted, I need to check on creatures, and I'll do icons

I guess I'll become addicted to modding

I SUPPOSE I SHOULD

Raneados on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Whoever tried to plant trees in my pyramid
    they didn't grow
    =I better luck tomorrow

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    fd6jgy.png
    21n1g14.png
    2la4lqt.png
    so5ueb.png
    14agzyf.png
    29nxb2c.png
    21c78sx.png

Raneados on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    that tileset fucking rocks

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i just like the simplicity of it

and mining with the little progress bar makes things feel SO WEIRD

no little cracks!

AND obsidian seems like it takes a lot less time because you actually have a steady progress bar

Raneados on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gonna have to try that tileset.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i'll upload it tomorrow after i finish it

Raneados on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Frankenstein'd the hard drive into a new computer for now, and pulled your world off.

http://www.fusedcreations.com/adam/seworld.rar

139 MB, so try not to download it if you don't actually have need of it, to be kind to my web host.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Ein! I'm sure a lot of people will be happy that we can recover the work they put in earlier this week.

Ok, as can read in the OP, a lot of people went with the assumption that the map on Ein's machine was unrecoverable and started working on a slightly outdated version of it. I want you to highlight the things in EIN's map (in the render posted below), that aren't in the current map we're using, and I'll copy them over sometime tomorrow (or at the latest, Monday). Use the current render in the OP as a reference.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14413974/Ein_map.png

Do not ask me to copy things that would take you 5min to re-make (with the help of /item). I will kindly tell you to go fuck yourself, as it takes time to do this whole copying thing and I don't have tons of free time.

hiartbill on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    server crash?

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Some of us are in the se vent server.

vtx14.defconservers.com

nuka on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    does that High def mod patch thing work on all the graphics? I'm fixing up the tools and armor and stuff

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    does that High def mod patch thing work on all the graphics? I'm fixing up the tools and armor and stuff

For some reason, the tools and armor isn't updating for me. Try with the painterly pack first or something that's only 16 bit cause it's all set up and ready to go, you just put it in the folder.
    Then you can figure it all out from there.

I'm gonna try to load it up in Painterly cause I like the tools and stuff from there.

nuka on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i'm in your vent channel spying on you all

because i need to reinstall my logitech drivers and they're taking forever for no fucking reason

but i can hear every word oh yes

theSquid on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    nuka on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    it does indeed work!

small pixels abound!

now to draw a grid layover and PLAN

had to double the icons in Paint to stop them from blurring, and then it was pretty easy to scale everything, then replace it in the gui/items.png and tested it in game with some changed and smaller pixels,

it's all good!

Raneados on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hiartbill wrote: »
    Ok, as can read in the OP, a lot of people went with the assumption that the map on Ein's machine was unrecoverable and started working on a slightly outdated version of it. I want you to highlight the things in EIN's map (in the render posted below), that aren't in the current map we're using, and I'll copy them over sometime tomorrow (or at the latest, Monday).

Just to clarify for myself, you want us to pick out things from the socialentropy server map to copy to the hiartbill server map?
    savemen.jpg

I've highlighted my tree with the red box. I cropped the map, but it's position relative to spawn should be fairly clear. It has several tiers of growth which are hard to replicate with straight building.

Also, for the sake of being a good neighbor, the structure to my west in the ocean is way more heavily developed on the original server. I think it's Crashmo's. I don't know about the underwater rectangle to his north. There's also a rad sculpture on the beach to his south/my southwest that isn't nearly as complete in the newer server.

So those are the areas I would suggest copying, though I can't say if any of those other people have gone in different directions on the interim server. I did some test work on my own tree, but I'd rather have the original version back.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Just to clarify for myself, you want us to pick out things from the socialentropy server map to copy to the hiartbill server map?

Correct.

hiartbill on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I forgot to log out with my laptop, and connected with my desktop, and it let me connect with both computers at the same time. Neat. I guess this could be used for large scale duping (if someone was so inclined).

jackal on
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nuka wrote: »
    Some of us are in the se vent server.

vtx14.defconservers.com

Its telling me off for not having a password ;_;

also, scarlet, that was me. Did the one on the side grow? I will gladly remove it for you. I thought you would find it funny <3

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This guy has a pretty-impressive monster grinder

Also are we using Hiartbill's server or Ein's or what? I wanna play multi again!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    we're on bill's, ill PM you the address

Squall on
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can I get the new address please

edit: nvm i see it now!

Phasen on