As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Neptune's Pride] Here there be graphs

• El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Work Safe wrote: »
    But when you say you're going to trade tech, and I send mine and you don't send yours, that's fucking low.

That's how I figure out who my absolute enemies are, and I agree.

Got paranoid and just ran through all my events again to make sure I hadn't forgotten to send tech back to someone. Don't want to be an unintentional asshole. :)

Looks like Pink has stealthily picked up some extra stars since Henroid's last update as well.

I did the same.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • LordGravewishLordGravewish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Work Safe wrote: »
    But when you say you're going to trade tech, and I send mine and you don't send yours, that's fucking low.

Hmm? I just looked through my backlog too and I don't think it was me. You're talking 'bout the Sombrero Galaxy right? Mind telling us which player did that?

LordGravewish on
    Without me, it's just aweso.
    Xfire: lordgravewish
    Steam: LordGravewish
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How do you guys generally decide where to invest in industry? I try to prioritize areas near my borders, but they quickly become pretty expensive, so I also invest in some further stars, sometimes to the point where they could be a day from a border. In my last game, I was going almost entirely on cheapest cost, but the ships were so out of the way.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just have your fleets run regular routes to pick up reinforcements.

At every waypoint, they will automatically add whatever ships are there to the fleet and continue on.

You can set a garrison size if you want to leave a certain number of ships at a star.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yesterday's map:
    np20101109.jpg

Today's map:
    np20101110.jpg

And now for your public knowledge briefing on the state of the galaxy:

Dark red is conquering blue's territory. Cyan is hacking into yellow's territory. Green is expanding out to his unclaimed stars. Red has expanding into blue's territory partially. Orange finally showed some activity and took one of yellow's stars (editor's note: people learning the game is adorable :3 ).

Brown, white, and purple have shown ZERO public activity. This can infer a danger; an alliance between any combination of the above, and unchecked they've been able to amass their fleets without conflict.

Pink and lime continue to wage war, with pink appearing to be victorious so far.

I have a bonus update here. Since cyan seems content with discussing behind-doors things of any manner in the game openly, I'm gonna share something publicly about him. His recent advances on yellow have been him taking little shit planets with little natural resources, with tiny shit fleets (from what I can see, mind you). Cyan's bark is currently bigger than his bite, as it were.

I've gotta say, the feuds people are getting into (and I don't mean sending carriers here and there, I mean the arguing) is getting really intense. I hope you guys understand that this is all just a game and nothing is personal. I mean, I kinda expected this, but sheesh. <_<

Just keep in mind when the game is done we get to reveal who we are (well, except me) and THEN the real fighting starts!

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And by the way if I say anything that genuinely angers or upsets one of you, let me know (anonymously in game or here). It ain't my intent to make people angry.

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    I've gotta say, the feuds people are getting into (and I don't mean sending carriers here and there, I mean the arguing) is getting really intense. I hope you guys understand that this is all just a game and nothing is personal. I mean, I kinda expected this, but sheesh. <_<

Maybe it's just me, but at least everything I say in game is in a kind of "Role Playing" sense. I mean, if you were the emperor of a major space empire that was (pick one of the following):

1. Betrayed
    2. Being owned
    3. Owning someone else

You WOULD be quite angry with whomever you were fighting. I mean, it's not like the ships are free - and I'm guessing the pilots aren't free either :P

It's kind of the spirit of the game, getting people to argue and stuff. Fun!
    Outside of the game, I have nothing against any person here. In-game, well, different story :D

Bonus points if you guess who I am in-game (I won't confirm it for you tough :) )

LordGravewish on
    edited November 2010
    Wait, don't tell me you're cyan? D:

Edit - Blue or cyan, I feel really bad now. D:D:

Henroid on
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I want people to know that I am not actually angry with anyone. I am pissed my space empire is crumbling but it is still a lot of fun with the back stabbing and the plotting in private.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    edited November 2010
    Yellow, check your messages in-game.

Also, everyone, purple has gone under AI control which means ships are going to start moving aggressively from it (I don't know how AI behavior is in this game). Whoever is playing as purple, or was suppose to be, get your ass back into the game. :P

Henroid on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Maybe it's just me, but at least everything I say in game is in a kind of "Role Playing" sense. I mean, if you were the emperor of a major space empire that was (pick one of the following):

1. Betrayed
    2. Being owned
    3. Owning someone else

You WOULD be quite angry with whomever you were fighting. I mean, it's not like the ships are free - and I'm guessing the pilots aren't free either :P

Outside of the game, I have nothing against any person here. In-game, well, different story :D

Bonus points if you guess who I am in-game (I won't confirm it for you tough :) )

I remember Elvenshae and I having some fun, overly dramatic exchanges, but ours were private and in e-mail and obviously fake. I wish I could pull them up and post them.

Lux on
    edited November 2010
    Yellow, check your messages in-game.

Also, everyone, purple has gone under AI control which means ships are going to start moving aggressively from it (I don't know how AI behavior is in this game). Whoever is playing as purple, or was suppose to be, get your ass back into the game. :P

AI control in this game isn't aggressive. AI just buys upgrades for current planets and waits... And waits... And waits...

LordGravewish on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Everybody go get you some purple stars :)

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lux wrote: »

1. Betrayed
    2. Being owned
    3. Owning someone else

I remember Elvenshae and I having some fun, overly dramatic exchanges, but ours were private and in e-mail and obviously fake. I wish I could pull them up and post them.

Yeah - they were pretty much a total hoot. It also helped, I think, that we all knew we were PA people, and therefore not lame.

Elvenshae on
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In one of my games, over half the players (the top 4) are PA'rs.

Those poor other bastards. They have no sense of the looming destruction that defines their future.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's nice that we've only got one inactive in that game, though, and even he expanded a bit before disappearing for a few days. He popped back on yesterday just long enough to see fleets heading toward his core systems.

Darian on
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    It's nice that we've only got one inactive in that game, though, and even he expanded a bit before disappearing for a few days. He popped back on yesterday just long enough to see fleets heading toward his core systems.

And wipe out my fleet.

I'm still not too certain about purple or green. They look to be active, but they haven't done much. Purple especially, because he/she has a whole grouping of stars that everyone else is blocked off from that she hasn't taken.

You do have to wonder if everyone else is freaking out, though. As Darian and I take down Yellow and start moving East towards Red and Green, you have to think they have figured out that at least the two of us have some sort of alliance.

AustinP0027 on
    edited November 2010
    Cyan has spoken of green being active and I know green is active because of in-game messages.

White, brown, and purple have been the three "not doing anything apparently" players (purple being the only sure-fire one of the bunch) I've perceived. They expanded and then stopped.

Edit - Wait are you guys talking about Sombrero or some other game? <_<

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    This free game, not the big one.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Oh. haha.... <_<

Anyway, it's not time yet to do my update for Sombrero galaxy, but I'll drop this "meanwhile" update: In dramatic bravado, I've declared war on pink. To the pink player, I say this: I had to make a choice inevitably on what my next plan of action would be.

Henroid on
  • joemunkehjoemunkeh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am furious! The rudeness will be paid back in glorious battle! (not really furious or mad about any rudeness, but glorious battle none the less)

joemunkeh on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Henrooiiiid, is it time for your daily update yet?

Imperfect on
    edited November 2010
    Nice timing Imperfect, here it is. :P

Yesterday:
    np20101110.jpg

Today:
    np20101111.jpg

News about the war to the south: Dark Red has taken the crown of most stars, sealing up blue's expanse in the west. Yellow is generally hanging in a recovery state from the big southern war. Red has giant leaps to the south. Green has taken a couple of territories cyan held and finished out his initial-claim space as the east-most empire. Cyan's momentum has come to a stall seemingly, and blue shows no growth but (this isn't necessarily public knowledge) has means of still causing trouble with what is in his control.

News about the war in the center of the galaxy: Lime has made a come-back. Red has leaped into action, assisting lime. In a mysterious turn of events, brown shows activity with a couple of previously-pink stars falling into his control (which were previously lime).

White continues to show no activity from what I've noticed. Purple is, of course, under AI control and just growing on controlled stars.

That's it for the public knowledge.

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    Oh, something that isn't public knowledge but I think is worth sharing just for humor's sake: yellow and I accidentally had a fleet collision on one star that cyan had taken; I was leap frogging it to get to territory which you can see in the maps above, and he sent a fleet to reclaim it for himself. I usually keep people up to date where my ships are going if I'm allied with them, and I think I forgot in a hurried rush to get out the door for work. D:

Thankfully on both our parts it wasn't a massive loss of ships. I still feel so fucking bad about it though. D:

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    (this isn't necessarily public knowledge) has means of still causing trouble with what is in his control.

I like those updates, but I don't really believe it is fair to say anything that's not public knowledge unless it's said by said player. I mean, not like it'll change much for Blue if people know that, but yet... I don't think it should be part of an update like this. Fairness and all.

Other than that, nice update :)

LordGravewish on
    edited November 2010
    Well, I wanted to get across that blue isn't necessarily out of the game yet and he knows it.

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    Well, Henroid could have just said the same thing in the game's public chat right? I would think revealing information there is all a part of the intrigue or whatever.

Septus on
    edited November 2010
    More public information:

Total Ships

chart?chs=640x240&chd=s:IIIIIIJJKKLLMNNOOPQRRSRSQQRSSTRSTUUVTSSTUV,NNOOPPQRRSTTTVVWXUSUUQRRROMLLKLLLMLMMNNNNO,NNOOPQQRSSTTUVWWXSSUVSUVVXVVXWYZbccdeegijk,NNOOOPPPPQQQRRSSTTUVVWVWUOPONOMNOOPQOOOQPQ,OIIIJKKKLLLMMNNOOPPPQQRRSTTUVVWXXYZZabccde,NOOPPPQQQRRSSSTTUUUUUVVWWWXXXYYZZaabcdefgh,IIIIIJJKKLMNOOPQRSSTUVXYYXZYXXYbddfhikmppr,PPQQRRSRSSTRROPPPPPQRSTSTSRSSSSSSTUUWXYZbb,QPQQQRSSTTUVVWWXYZabbcdefghhjkkmnnoprstuvw,QOPPRRRSSTVTTRSTSSTUVWXXYXXXXWWWVVWXYaZaaZ,NOOOOPPPQQQQRRRRSTTUUUVVWXXXYZZabbcdddefgg,OPPQRSSTUVWWXYZabcdefgijklnoqrtuwxz0234679,&chd=s:IIIIIIJJKKLLMNNOOPQRRSRSQQRSSTRSTUUVTSSTUV,NNOOPPQRRSTTTVVWXUSUUQRRROMLLKLLLMLMMNNNNO,NNOOPQQRSSTTUVWWXSSUVSUVVXVVXWYZbccdeegijk,NNOOOPPPPQQQRRSSTTUVVWVWUOPONOMNOOPQOOOQPQ,OIIIJKKKLLLMMNNOOPPPQQRRSTTUVVWXXYZZabccde,NOOPPPQQQRRSSSTTUUUUUVVWWWXXXYYZZaabcdefgh,IIIIIJJKKLMNOOPQRSSTUVXYYXZYXXYbddfhikmppr,PPQQRRSRSSTRROPPPPPQRSTSTSRSSSSSSTUUWXYZbb,QPQQQRSSTTUVVWWXYZabbcdefghhjkkmnnoprstuvw,QOPPRRRSSTVTTRSTSSTUVWXXYXXXXWWWVVWXYaZaaZ,NOOOOPPPQQQQRRRRSTTUUUVVWXXXYZZabbcdddefgg,OPPQRSSTUVWWXYZabcdefgijklnoqrtuwxz0234679&cht=lc&chxt=y&chxl=0:|0|175|350|525|701&chls=3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3&chco=ff0000,ffff00,7FFEFF,004080,ff7F00,7f00FF,600000,00ff00,006000,ff00ff,804000,FFFFFF&chm=V,444444,0,-6,2,-1&chf=bg,s,000000&chma=16,8,8,8

God-DAMN there are some heavies in this galaxy.

Imperfect on
    edited November 2010
    Well, white's is just natural buildup due to inactivity.

Septus on
    edited November 2010
    For being in a constant state of conflict I'm actually handling myself well enough.

Also, Sombrero is the one game of NP I've played that I've used the in-game communication the most.

Henroid on
  • joemunkehjoemunkeh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am definitely enjoyin' this round in Sombrero better then the last, as there seems to be a lot more parity between everyone at this point in the game. Should be a fun match goin' forward!

joemunkeh on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited November 2010
    In a general sense, I think everyone is on equal footing of some kind. Obvious advantages all around, but then obvious disadvantages too. And I mean that in the sense of if you stop to look at the situation carefully (which I am). So it's fun. Nothing I've done has been brazen "Let's see what happens!"

The game update is gonna be a little late tonight on account of working for a living.

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    Yesterday:
    np20101111.jpg

Today:
    np20101112.jpg

The Southern War:
    Dark Red continues to push on Blue. Blue has various stars being lost and gained back, a situation Yellow was in not long ago. Cyan's momentum has stopped for the moment.

War in the Core:
    Pink has taken Red's bordering territory and is now neighbors with Yellow. Lime seems to have lost some territory to Pink.

Other notes:
    Orange has expanded into Pink territory. Green has expanded into Cyan territory. Brown has seemingly leap-frogged across Lime similar to Red leap-frogging across Yellow. White, the last of the inactives, has AWOKEN, and promptly moved across necessary territory Pink owned in order to start claiming Purple stars.

The overall picture, I think, is one big-ass stalemate (for the most part). It makes things pretty tense.

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    !
    White isn't inactive.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    I'd been referring to white as being inactive because he spread out and suddenly stopped for fucking DAYS. Seeing him claim some stars today was a mind-blower for me. I mean, I know he's been active internally, with himself at least, building up. But there was zero goddamn apparent interaction with everyone. Maybe he's a schemer. (that's the plot-twist)

Henroid on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember this point in the first game, where it seemed like there were 6 simultaneous front runners with small fluctuations in the meaningless star count. It was at its tensest when we had knocked out several players, and it was clear we were winding down, and the remaining super powers clearly had to begin thinking 5 steps ahead.

Lux on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, white hasn't been involved in any sort of *fighting* for a while now. I mean, if you take a look at the last few days worth of minmaps, what exactly has he done?

Imperfect on
    edited November 2010
    He took one star each from pink and purple yesterday.

Darian on
    edited November 2010
    Here, lemme link a couple things to show what I mean:

Total Stars

chart?chs=640x240&chd=s:kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkmmmmmmmpptttvwy023322ywttt,vvvvwwwwwwvvtrrrromkkoiihdafiiihhdbabbbbaa,kmmmppppprrrttvvvvwwwvyy0352ywvvvvtroooooo,bbdfhhiikmoprwwwvywwvttmkhfdYYWUTTTRRTUUTT,PPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTUUUUWWWW,mmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooommmhf,kkkkkkkkmmmmmmmmmmoprrtwyy0022233335555799,hhiiiikkoooommmmmoommmmikhhdiikmooookiiimm,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabdffhhkkmmmorvwwww00,iihhhhffbbbbdddddbbddddhfiimhhfdaWUUWaYYUU,Wabddffhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhikkkmmmooo,mmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooooooopprrtttwy,&chd=s:kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkmmmmmmmpptttvwy023322ywttt,vvvvwwwwwwvvtrrrromkkoiihdafiiihhdbabbbbaa,kmmmppppprrrttvvvvwwwvyy0352ywvvvvtroooooo,bbdfhhiikmoprwwwvywwvttmkhfdYYWUTTTRRTUUTT,PPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTUUUUWWWW,mmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooommmhf,kkkkkkkkmmmmmmmmmmoprrtwyy0022233335555799,hhiiiikkoooommmmmoommmmikhhdiikmooookiiimm,aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabdffhhkkmmmorvwwww00,iihhhhffbbbbdddddbbddddhfiimhhfdaWUUWaYYUU,Wabddffhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhikkkmmmooo,mmmmmmmmooooooooooooooooooooooooopprrtttwy&cht=lc&chxt=y&chxl=0:|0|8|16|24|35&chls=3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3&chco=ff0000,ffff00,7FFEFF,004080,ff7F00,7f00FF,600000,00ff00,006000,ff00ff,804000,FFFFFF&chm=V,444444,0,-6,2,-1&chf=bg,s,000000&chma=16,8,8,8

Total Ships

chart?chs=640x240&chd=s:IIJJKKLLMMNOOPQQRQRPPQRRSQRSTTUSRRSTTUUUVU,PPQQQSSSTUUVTRSTPQQQNLKKJKKLMKLLMMMMNOOPPP,PPQRRSSTUUUWRRTURTTUWUUVVWXZaaccdeghiklmno,OOOOPPPQQRRRSTTUUUVTNONNNLMNNOPNNOPOPQMMMJ,JJKKKLLMMMNNOOOPPQQRSSTUUVVWXXYZZaabcddefg,OPPPQQRRRSSSTTTTTUUVVVWWXXXYYZZabcdeffhhef,IIJKLLMNOOPQRRSTUVWWWXXVWXZbcdfgikmmproqsu,QRQRRSQQNOOOOOPQRSRSQQRRRRRRSTTUVWYZZbccbc,QRRSSTTUVVWXXYZaaccdeffhiikllmnoprstuwxzy0,QQRRSTSSQRSRRSTUVWWWWWWWVUVUUVWXYXYYXYYVUV,OOOPPPPQQQQRRSSTTUUUVWWXXXYZaabcccdeefgghi,RRSTUUVWXYZaabcdfghijkmnpqstuwxz0123557956,&chd=s:IIJJKKLLMMNOOPQQRQRPPQRRSQRSTTUSRRSTTUUUVU,PPQQQSSSTUUVTRSTPQQQNLKKJKKLMKLLMMMMNOOPPP,PPQRRSSTUUUWRRTURTTUWUUVVWXZaaccdeghiklmno,OOOOPPPQQRRRSTTUUUVTNONNNLMNNOPNNOPOPQMMMJ,JJKKKLLMMMNNOOOPPQQRSSTUUVVWXXYZZaabcddefg,OPPPQQRRRSSSTTTTTUUVVVWWXXXYYZZabcdeffhhef,IIJKLLMNOOPQRRSTUVWWWXXVWXZbcdfgikmmproqsu,QRQRRSQQNOOOOOPQRSRSQQRRRRRRSTTUVWYZZbccbc,QRRSSTTUVVWXXYZaaccdeffhiikllmnoprstuwxzy0,QQRRSTSSQRSRRSTUVWWWWWWWVUVUUVWXYXYYXYYVUV,OOOPPPPQQQQRRSSTTUUUVWWXXXYZaabcccdeefgghi,RRSTUUVWXYZaabcdfghijkmnpqstuwxz0123557956&cht=lc&chxt=y&chxl=0:|0|186|372|558|744&chls=3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3|3&chco=ff0000,ffff00,7FFEFF,004080,ff7F00,7f00FF,600000,00ff00,006000,ff00ff,804000,FFFFFF&chm=V,444444,0,-6,2,-1&chf=bg,s,000000&chma=16,8,8,8

For many days, white's planet count is a straight line, and his ships are just climbing steadily. Then recently, a climb in planets and a dip in ships.

The sleeping giant has awoken.

Imperfect on
  • CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Getting double teamed is rough.

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png