As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WE HAVE A SERVER! BUY NOW! MINECRAFT!

• apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    well people are pink and unable to do anything unless a mod is on to change them, so it makes no real difference other than foot traffic might increase.

apricotmuffins on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    well people are pink and unable to do anything unless a mod is on to change them, so it makes no real difference other than foot traffic might increase.

we also get more laughs from stupid people so thats a bonus.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Vent server's telling me I don't have an authenticated name and password.

TankHammer on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TankHammer wrote: »

vent has a password.
    think it's fortytwo

skettios on
    edited November 2010
    skettios wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »

vent has a password.
    think it's fortytwo

I forgot about that!

Thanks Skets!

TankHammer on
  • RaekiRaeki Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My computer is fixed I can miiinecraaaaft.

Raeki on
  • ResorathResorath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I hopped on yesterday and then the server died 5 minutes later. Normal I guess. Are you guys just using all kinds of cheat mods and programs, like flying and INVedit? Because some of those structures on the map are pretty insane, like the giant orb in a crater.

Also if I could get on there and build that would be rad.

Resorath on
    makibanner.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want to make a life-size battleship Halberd or starcraft battlecruiser, but I can't find any good reference pictures I could lay out blueprints from :< and doing it by guesswork would probably come out looking shitty and take super long.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's sort of the forbidden zone currently
    it was made by nuka when she made the map, environmental sort of stuff for us to build around
    because of some bugs, it's usually not safe to hang out around there yet

edit: also, apricot, it didn't even get to grow =( I just found the sapling sitting there

scarlet blvd. on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh god what have I done

it said "java exception error" right after I /warped to the Colosseum and then dc'd

edit: I got back in, but I'm getting this error:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

the colosseum is loading in chunks really slowly, though

MrMonroe on
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Try to connect again right now McMonroe, I'll try to /tphere you out

HugmasterGeneral on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hiartbill wrote: »
    Just to clarify for myself, you want us to pick out things from the socialentropy server map to copy to the hiartbill server map?

Correct.

Just out of curiosity, did you already attempt this? I wouldn't ask this, because none of my structure has changed on your server. I did some minor changes before this discussion that are still present, but I'd much rather the state it was in from Ein's server. So I could just assume you hadn't gotten around to it yet, which is totally cool.

But, uh, what is going on here?

wellthen.jpg

wellthen2.jpg

Aneurhythmia on
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Resorath wrote: »
    So I hopped on yesterday and then the server died 5 minutes later. Normal I guess. Are you guys just using all kinds of cheat mods and programs, like flying and INVedit? Because some of those structures on the map are pretty insane, like the giant orb in a crater.

Not really, I added in the craters and that meteor in MCEdit before I sent off the map to everyone to build on. A lot of the stuff we made is also things we had carried over from before we moved to this map too.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    edited November 2010
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=80444#p1226100

If you guys didn't have to install something first, this would be awesome.

nuka on
    edited November 2010

edit: also, apricot, it didn't even get to grow =( I just found the sapling sitting there

aww, probably because i didnt sit by it and watch it grow. needs to be people in the chunk for it to grow :(

apricotmuffins on
  • AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nuka wrote: »
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=80444#p1226100

If you guys didn't have to install something first, this would be awesome.

that would be pretty fun for a huge pvp graffiti turf war

Atheraal on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Zandracon on
  • hiartbillhiartbill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just out of curiosity, did you already attempt this? I wouldn't ask this, because none of my structure has changed on your server. I did some minor changes before this discussion that are still present, but I'd much rather the state it was in from Ein's server. So I could just assume you hadn't gotten around to it yet, which is totally cool.

But, uh, what is going on here?

Yeah I haven't done it yet. Today is a day of a rest! Also I slept all day, that may be a factor...

hiartbill on
    edited November 2010
    Resorath wrote: »

That's about par for the course. The server seems to have periods where it just doesn't behave well, and I'm not sure why. For example last night we were running great, and then we went through a 30min period where everyone was getting disconnected left and right. And then it cleared up and everything was fine again. I just don't know what's up there.

Also, SocketExceptions are fairly random, and seem to be specific to certain people. It may be because of where they're at in the game map, or just Notch's bad programming. At some point I'm going to have to comb through some logs and try to figure out any patterns, but that won't happen till later this week.

hiartbill on
  • NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How am I supposed to find the thread if its on the second page, pfft noone ever clicks on the second page.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    is the reappearing block bug gone yet?

drives me absolutely real crazy

Raneados on
  • NastymanNastyman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No, its still around. Gotta walk forward into the block, stand on top of it, or release click as soon as you break the block to get around that and even those don't work 100% of the time.

Nastyman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    :<

I don't know what it is about it, that bug just makes me go insano-crazy

Raneados on
    edited November 2010
    I usually walk around a bit or pause for a second before going back to breaking blocks.

I'm pretty happy with how my mad science laboratory is coming along! I'm doing my best to keep the architecture consistent. This is the first time I've literally hollowed out a mountain (though this was more like a giant sand-dune with stone at the bottom).

TankHammer on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yea, Ive been avoiding playing until the kinks are out again. Rockband 3 will have to keep me entertained.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

Makes clearing trees a horrifying, eye-clawing experience.

Click the leaves, leaves are gone. Leaves are back?

Leaves are there? Leaves are gone.

Trees grow: more leaves. Leaves everywhere... leaves... in my mind...

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tank, gonna come visit your place
    maybe build a village nearby for your creations to terrorize
    we'll see how it goes

till then, bed time

scarlet blvd. on
    edited November 2010
    Tank, gonna come visit your place
    maybe build a village nearby for your creations to terrorize
    we'll see how it goes

till then, bed time

Gather some pumpkins.

Build some bodies for them out of stone and dirt and wool.

TankHammer on
    edited November 2010
    Propriety wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »

Makes clearing trees a horrifying, eye-clawing experience.

Click the leaves, leaves are gone. Leaves are back?

Leaves are there? Leaves are gone.

Trees grow: more leaves. Leaves everywhere... leaves... in my mind...

the se++ server should have a mod that instant-clears all leaves not touching trunk or grass

Raneados on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    But then super trees grow and you never manage to find all the cursed wood.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited November 2010
    so put up treestoppers

a single block like... 5 blocks above the sapling, I think stops big trees

or surrounding it with walls makes trees just grow trucks and no leaves i think

Raneados on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think the "blocks disappear/blocks reappear" bug is a lag issue

by continuing to point at the block after it looks like it's done, I've been able to reliably clear them

you cut a little into the block behind it before everything catches up, but it does pop the first block

MrMonroe on
    edited November 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »

by continuing to point at the block after it looks like it's done, I've been able to reliably clear them

you cut a little into the block behind it before everything catches up, but it does pop the first block

Nope, it's an authentication issue.

I probably just used the wrong word, but basically, there is a middleman now and he is messing up your shit.

nuka on
  • DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    verification process

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
    edited November 2010

this is a lag issue, and is not the same issue that has recently cropped up.

with the new issue, a block will IMMEDIATELY reappear the moment you break it.

and you can get round it by clicking for each block you destroy. If you do it the right speed, especially with rock, you can be faster than if you were just holding down.

apricotmuffins on
    edited November 2010

this is a lag issue, and is not the same issue that has recently cropped up.

with the new issue, a block will IMMEDIATELY reappear the moment you break it.

and you can get round it by clicking for each block you destroy. If you do it the right speed, especially with rock, you can be faster than if you were just holding down.

bah clickmining

but it's interesting that the reappear bug only comes about from holding down the mouse button

Raneados on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it is pretty annoying, especially when trying to dig out a well

i imagine mining obsidian is fruitless right now

Squall on
    edited November 2010
    unless you like going insane in the membrane

Raneados on
    edited November 2010
    I will be copying over stuff when I get home from work this evening. The only people who have asked me to copy things are Kazhim (I think that's how his name is spelled) and Aneurhythmia. I'm going to assume Crashmo wants his copied over as well, so I'll do that. If anyone else wants their structures from Ein's map copied over, tell me now or I'll be quite annoyed when I have to do this again.

Server should only be down for ~15min.

hiartbill on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just went for a little walk on your server. Impressive stuff you've got there. Quite Roger Dean-ish.

But what's up with the snow in seemingly random places on a freshly generated map? That's kinda annoying.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
This discussion has been closed.