As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition :

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cronus wrote: »
    I was just looking over the list of those going to the LAN and I noticed Darcness2. Is this Darc's wife or do we have an imposter?

I also noticed that Catboys coming which is awesome. Perhaps he can introduce Oz to his old friend Edward 40 hands.

Its one of his coworkers.

Also catboy is coming with his gf (who is also on th list) so i doubt there will be 40hands :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited November 2010
    There were a couple cancelations for the LAN.
    Catboy & his GF can no longer go.

Next 2 on the waiting list are Nullthread and LordMoon.

You guys have until friday to pay before I start working down the rest of the waiting list.

Edit:
    Moon got back to me, Just waiting on NullThread

BigRed on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not to say I didn't want to meet catboy, but I'm thrilled Moon will be there.

I'm gonna fucking kill his ass this time. At least once. Goddamn Heavy. >:

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MY MONIES, LET ME SHOW YOU THEM.

I realized that this is the same weekend as my firm's Christmas party (which I will go to, for the sake of going and making "connections" with drunk coworkers. Embarrassingly drunk, overly-reveling coworkers, hopefully.) I will be at your LAN when I'm not at this party. Yeah.

Excited!

Nullthread on
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nullthread wrote: »
    I will be at your LAN when I'm not at this party.

Hey everyone, Nullthread is the new me!

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

You're not getting out of the FOUR LOKO that easily... though maybe you'll have a partner to commiserate with...

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Is one not enough!!! This is surely the first sign of the apocalypse.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I had a dream last night!

I dreamt that we made 4 loco jello, and we made Oz eat ALL OF IT.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just an FYI for those interested (mostly BigRed), AFK Tavern now has Stroh. And yes I'm there now drinking it.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone coming to the LAN from downtown that's willing to offer a ride? :)

Heleor on
    edited November 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Anyone coming to the LAN from downtown that's willing to offer a ride? :)

Hey yeah I should start asking that too.

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited November 2010
    Red's place is near many bus stops. I live in Capitol Hill, easy access to Downtown, if anyone wants to do the excursion with me.

Nullthread on
    edited November 2010
    Okay, there are some damn awesome games in today's Steam sale indie pack, the "Air" pack... that would be fantastic LAN games. Everybody should pick it up before 10am tomorrow.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited November 2010
    I purchased those all separately from the pack previously. >.<

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I have a lot of those.

Plus Lead & Gold looks fun, I bought a 10pack of it.

BigRed on
    edited November 2010
    Blessed be thy Steam!

If it weren't for this weekend, I would not have a full arsenal of LAN games to play. I did indeed buy the air pack, as well as puzzle pack, the orange box, and world of goo. Nullthread happy.

...now to clear my laptop this week for installing...

Nullthread on
  • The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Shit, I'm on Capitol Hill now if anyone wants to hit up hipster bars and talk about typefaces.

The_Rat on
    edited December 2010
    nubsssss

Nullthread on
    edited December 2010
    nubsssss

NO U

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    Wait the forums are back up?

Heleor on
    edited December 2010
    Wait the forums are back up?

Nope, this is an illusion

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited December 2010
    SHARED HALLUCINATION GO

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, if we (as in me and another member of the Community DVD crew) held a party at the AFK Tavern some time soon to celebrate the release of our PAX East DVD set (some time this month or next, probably next to avoid holidays) who would be interested in joining us? There's happy hour menu prices in it for everybody the whole evening, you'll get to watch any parts of the DVD's on their big-screens (possibly before it's released!), we may even sell some copies (at production cost only of course) etc.

I will also assure all of you that were only there on opening day that it has got much better since then. They do require certain things such as a possible head count and spending at least a certain amount of money if we hold something like this, and that's why I'm asking now.

Also, I'll make sure the bar is stocked with Stroh. xD

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Shared Hallucination has turned to reality as I am surrounded by PAXers and on the forums at the same time.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited December 2010
    Hallucinations? This party isn't cool enough.

lkjsdflkasdjflksjdf

Nullthread on
  • XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woke up feeling like crap with a cough. In the best interests of everyone I think I'll stay in bed rather than come out for the last day of the LAN and infect everyone. :(

Xalara on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Oh hey, I'm moving to Seattle. I'll be in town by New Year's Eve (weather permitting). So, if any celebrating is going on, somebody should let me know.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited December 2010
    I will likely do a new years boardgame party/potluck thing that weekend. Details will go up in a while.

Cant do a new years LAN becuase the last event set me back too much $$. Plus I am working a holiday job right now, I need to get my car fixed (Died at the last LAN), and I need to work on all my spare computers (unless I just not loan them out anymore) so... lots to do...

LANs are going to be on hiatus due to new paypal tax rules. They are reporting all account activity over $20,000 or 200 transactions in a year to the IRS, so I am going to have to create a non profit business or find some kind of tax loophole for me to continue to do this without getting seriously fucked in the end.

BigRed on
    edited December 2010
    Oh-- shit. I know its more convenient, but how about a physically pay type of deal--- and I know that wouldn't work as smoothly, since many come from out of town, and if they cancel, you'd have to be able to get someone from the waiting list.

I had a lot of fun, so I hope you have one at least before the summer!

Nullthread on
    edited December 2010
    I was considering throwing a new years' party at my place. Any interest from the forums for that?

Heleor on
  • XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What about Amazon payments? I think Google has a payment service too. Hm, there's gotta be a way of doing this that discourages no shows...

Xalara on
    edited December 2010
    Oh, PayPal alternatives, like these?

Oz K. Fodrotski on
    edited December 2010
    New years eve party + first party of 2011
    BigRed wrote:
    So Sadly I cant do a new years LAN this year due to numerous issues. You can ignore the spoiler if you don't care :P
    This last LAN set me back more than I expected plus I had a lot of stuff die on me that I need time/$$ to get fixed (My videocard in my main system died, 2 of my spare machines are acting up, my car died, etc) so I am going to have to pass on the new years LAN. Need to concentrate on recovering and getting all my stuff operational again.
    Plus there are new Tax rules for Paypal that I have to consider. Paypal is going to start reporting total cashflow/sales payments of $20,000 or more and/or accounts that have more than 200 transactions in a year to the IRS starting in 2011. So I am going to have to start up a not for profit business and actually report the LANs to uncle Sam. I can try and get around this but if I get audited id be fucked. Just going to do it the legit way but that requires a lot of time to get that setup on my part.

If anybody has any experience setting something like that up I would welcome any advice/links/support/etc

So the LANs will be on hiatus for a while until at some undetermined point after PAX East. At least we have PDXLAN soon!

ANYWAY

NEW YEARS PARTY AT HAETHAUS ON FRIDAY DEC 31ST!
    We will play games and/or watch movies until its time to tune the TV to the zombie dick clark.

The following Sat (1/1) will be... MOAR GAMES! (or movies, or rockband, or whatever, general party stuff).

Start time on Friday is... say... 3pm? Or whenever you get off of work.

Bring a delicious food item and some drink (Either pop, beer, or some champagne for midnight)
    Crash space/showers available if you want to stay through the party on Saturday (hell or even sunday), Please bring a blanket/towel.

Ill likely still have that damn keg of Irish death there for the standard $2 a pint donation. If it gets close to low before the party I might get a seasonal in reserve but I don't know at this point.
    Previous house party rules apply:
    (21+, no getting sick, you want access to liquor stash you donate a bottle to the stash, no being stupid, no showing up sick)

Please RSVP if you are going to show so I know how many people are going to invade :P

BigRed on
    edited December 2010
    Well that saves me the trouble of hosting my own. I'll be there!

(How late do the buses run that night? I'll probably crash, but if the buses run until 2, I'd be tempted to sleep in my own bed.)

Heleor on
    edited December 2010
    Well that saves me the trouble of hosting my own. I'll be there!

(How late do the buses run that night? I'll probably crash, but if the buses run until 2, I'd be tempted to sleep in my own bed.)

Not sure how late. metro.kingcounty.gov
    I think the last one downtown is at 1am, not sure though.

BigRed on
    edited December 2010
    I'll try to make the new years party, but I was just invited to one at the AFK Tavern that was already full up so we'll see. It depends on if I have any money or anything.

Speaking of AFK (yet again) would anybody be up for a LAN there some time next month? They can make it work (they encourage these things!) and there will probably not be an admission fee. We would just highly suggest spending some money on food/drinks there. They would likely give the group happy hour menu prices for the evening. And this would double as our "Release Party" for the PAX East Community DVD set as mentioned here.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited December 2010
    Heleor: the buses sadly don't run late, since they access the tunnels, they all close at 1am (before 1am, more than likely 12:30). The 41 and 72 are loveeeely.

This is Nullthread RSVP'ing, but I may cancel in the next week or so, depending if a friend and her husband are visiting Seattle for New Years!

Nullthread on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Well, weather permitting I'll be there.

My definition of weather permitting:
    I'll be driving across the country, the long way. I leave the morning of December 26 and am scheduled to arrive about 1am on Dec 31. My route takes me through Oklaholma City (stopping to meet the future extended in-laws). From there I will be crossing to California via I-40, and up I-5. Should the weather be inclement through the higher elevations of New Mexico and Arizona, I will instead detour down to I-10, which will add about three hours to the trip. Other parts of the route are not as easily detoured. Inclement weather anywhere else could slow us down considerably, depending on severity and terrain.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This shit is nuts. Fwacky in Seattle for living. Holy balls.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited December 2010
    That route should pay off (hopefully), we're supposed to have a very bad winter as it is and you probably don't want to be coming over the mountains, depending on what you're driving anyway.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.