As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Allahu Taskbar

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Uniting and
    Strengthening
    America by

Providing
    Appropriate
    Tools
    Required to
    Intercept and
    Obstruct
    Terrorism

Act

a.k.a. the strip Americans of their constitutional rights act.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SimBen isn't a patriot.

We have prisons for people like you.

Sticks on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In a front page headline, Fox News has insinuated us into a WAR with Mexico. War.

Honestly.
    One thing virtually everyone close to the border security issue can agree on: America seems to be waging a third war with the Mexican cartels that will stop at nothing to smuggle humans and drugs into our homeland and the national security threat it poses.

Everyone agrees. Kill the browns.

Aneurhythmia on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jesus Christ. At this stage they're like a goddamned parody

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Americas third war against Mexico?
    Or the third war in general?

B_R on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. At this stage they're like a goddamned parody

The way they manufacture a confirmed "fact" by re-reporting their own editorializing is some sick sort of genius.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They're talking about the war on drugs, not an actual war.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fucking awesome thread title.

Metzger Meister on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Guys did you hear Facebook wants to make their own e-mail service.

I'm not sure who'd be dumb enough to use it though.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Mexican drug cartels are kind of terrifying.

Centipede Damascus on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

"Los Zetas is a criminal organization in Mexico dedicated mostly to international illegal drug trade and other organized crime activities. This drug cartel was founded by a group of Mexican Army Special Forces deserters and now includes corrupt former federal, state, and local police officers, as well as ex-Kaibiles from Guatemala.

This group of highly trained gunmen was first hired as a private mercenary army for Mexico's Gulf Cartel. Since the arrest of the Gulf Cartel's leader, Osiel Cárdenas Guillen, as well as other events, the two entities became a combined trafficking force, with the Zetas taking a more active leadership role in drug trafficking."

Good stuff.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    no way man they have gold plated guns with inlays of saints and shit

totally awesome

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Guys did you hear Facebook wants to make their own e-mail service.

I'm not sure who'd be dumb enough to use it though.

Most of the people on Facebook, I'm guessing.

Centipede Damascus on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

no not kind of

they're horrifying and also terrible disgusting things that need to be destroyed

PiptheFair on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    does mexico have oil?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

no not kind of

they're horrifying and also terrible disgusting things that need to be destroyed

I agree. I don't get why we're muddying our boots halfway across the world in the Middle East hunting down Terrorist groups when we have huge illegal organizations practically running huge chunks of the country beneath us. I mean I get WHY we went to the Middle East. I mean you'd think that if we were going to be afraid of anything, it wouldn't be the dubious threat from Terrorist groups in the Middle East, it would be all those trained, professional thugs with guns below us.
    TheStig wrote: »
    does mexico have oil?

Well, in the Gulf...

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    See the post above yours

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    invade mexico

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    that'll show those border jumpers

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    make Mexico part of Texas

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    isn't the president of mexico pretty vocally opposed to US intervention in the drug cartel thing?

ONE WONDERS WHY

Metzger Meister on
    edited November 2010
    does mexico have oil?

yes actually

off it's coastal waters

please make more teefsposts they contribute greatly

PiptheFair on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    invade canada
    They actually do have a lot of oil up there, let's do it

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    does mexico have oil?

yes actually

off it's coastal waters

something something brown people

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    edited November 2010
    does mexico have oil?

yes actually

off it's coastal waters

The gulf has a lot of oil now *snort*

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited November 2010
    isn't the president of mexico pretty vocally opposed to US intervention in the drug cartel thing?

ONE WONDERS WHY

not really no

considering we supply them with weapons and military training and the whole thing is literally destroying their country

PiptheFair on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

ONE WONDERS WHY

He's incompetent? He's arrogant? Or he's corrupt and getting tons of money from Drug Cartels to say that? Does it matter? Maybe we shouldn't give a shit what El Presidente of Mexico thinks of us getting involved, we certainly didn't let the protests of the Iraqi or Afghanistani leaders or people influence our decision. Or the rest of the world for that matter.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited November 2010

ONE WONDERS WHY

He's incompetent? He's arrogant? Or he's corrupt and getting tons of money from Drug Cartels to say that? Does it matter? Maybe we shouldn't give a shit what El Presidente of Mexico thinks of us getting involved, we certainly didn't let the protests of the Iraqi or Afghanistani leaders or people influence our decision. Or the rest of the world for that matter.

And that certainly turned out well.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    edited November 2010

ONE WONDERS WHY

And that certainly turned out well.

I'm not necessarily saying it'd be a good idea, I'm just wondering why people aren't more worried, or why we'd let the President of Mexico being against it get in our way.

Also, I don't really know if a lot of people in Mexico would react the same way people in the Middle East did.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    edited November 2010

ONE WONDERS WHY

no actually he's vocally opposed to the cartels and scared for his life like every fucking politician in mexico

PiptheFair on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the annexation of canada has to wait until 2067

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mexico is a failed state. Being the president of Mexico is like being the president of Barter Town.

Sure, people say you're in charge, but everyone knows who really runs Barter Town.

What I'm saying is that MasterBlaster runs Mexico.

Langly on
    edited November 2010
    Would it even be feasible to mobilize troops to fight drug cartels? I mean from a tactical standpoint and logistics and shit.

Metzger Meister on
    edited November 2010
    Would it even be feasible to mobilize troops to fight drug cartels? I mean from a tactical standpoint and logistics and shit.

what do you think we were doing in afganistan

PiptheFair on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also there are less places to hide in Mexico, as far as I know they're not living in caves and up in mountains, they have compounds and stuff.

At least I think that's how they run it.

Langly on
    edited November 2010

what do you think we were doing in afganistan

Good point.

Metzger Meister on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One of my friends still drives home to Mexico on holidays. I sort of fear for his life.

Tam on
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't worry the doormen at clubs are armed too.

B_R on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »
    SAS parachute dogs of war into Taliban bases

500xarticle008ba172a000.jpg

500xarticle125809108ba1.jpg
    UK special forces in Afghanistan are parachuting German shepherd dogs with video cameras into Taliban strongholds to search buildings for insurgents, with at least eight animals killed during operations.

The dogs are strapped to the chest of their handlers for the drops, and cameras are attached to their heads to feed back images of buildings and surrounding areas. The tactics have been adapted from US special forces, but the Ministry of Defence said it would not comment on a report on operations by SAS troops.

Fuck Yeah
    I knew my Rex the Wonder Dog comics were accurate
    rex081953.jpg

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I need a border war again. Not this bullshit "install a regime". Just go in there and steal the right to their lands with blood shed. A white man could become president behind that shit.

Also, Blood Meridian sequel.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.