As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WE HAVE A SERVER! BUY NOW! MINECRAFT!

• Options
    hiartbillhiartbill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    We only have 1 snow biome (in the SW corner). Any other snow is Nuka abusing her powers :P

hiartbill on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hiartbill wrote: »
    I will be copying over stuff when I get home from work this evening. The only people who have asked me to copy things are Kazhim (I think that's how his name is spelled) and Aneurhythmia. I'm going to assume Crashmo wants his copied over as well, so I'll do that. If anyone else wants their structures from Ein's map copied over, tell me now or I'll be quite annoyed when I have to do this again.

Server should only be down for ~15min.

You should get Nuka to put something in the thread title maybe. I see stuff in my general vicinity that looks like people would want to keep, and I think a number of people have been laying low while the server issue is being sorted out. Or maybe designate a second/final pass for moves a week or two from now. I dunno. Or I could mess around with mcedit or whichever program and learn how to do it to save you some time.

Also, no ideas on the weird light border around my area? Shit is strange.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Err yeah I would like my stuff copied, please, guv

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    We only have 1 snow biome (in the SW corner). Any other snow is Nuka abusing her powers :P

Oh no I meant in single player. I liked it better when you either got a normal map or a snowy one.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    snow only maps sucked, biomes own.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just so we're clear, you're going to import the requested stuff from Ein's recovered copy from the old (dead) server to your (active) server right? Cause I've already far exceeded that work on your server.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Technically, I'm just going to copy the chunks files associated with someone's structure over, as that will be far faster than sending the map to my machine and using MCEdit. That also means the server only has to be down for a short period!

Edit: I didn't see the weird light border when I went there, so I conclude you doctored the photos! Or something.

hiartbill on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Crossing my fingers that nobody else's chunks intersect with any of my tunnels or tree house, then.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ruckus wrote: »
    Crossing my fingers that nobody else's chunks intersect with any of my tunnels or tree house, then.

I'll be double-checking things before I make the copy, so people shouldn't lose anything (remember, chunks are only 16x16x128). Unless you crossed over into someone's land, which means I can't really avoid it unless you want the server to be down for a hour or two instead :P

hiartbill on
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I will be copying over stuff when I get home from work this evening. The only people who have asked me to copy things are Kazhim (I think that's how his name is spelled) and Aneurhythmia. I'm going to assume Crashmo wants his copied over as well, so I'll do that. If anyone else wants their structures from Ein's map copied over, tell me now or I'll be quite annoyed when I have to do this again.

If you could copy my little bit of stuff, that would be grand. It's a cave system and cactus patch northwest of the giant sand wall/anthill.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MrDomino logged in and the server went down. I'm not saying the two are related.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah that's what I came here to post, but then got distracted by thread information.

My inventory wasn't corrupted before, but who knows now. This time I didn't only saw the blue void and the sun when I logged in, then it timed out.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's back up.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So, should I try logging in once more?

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Welp, logged in and the same thing happened

Looks like I get the honor of being the designated server exile for now

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think your character is corrupt or something. It lagged out again. sorry

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FlatEric wrote: »
    Welp, logged in and the same thing happened

Looks like I get the honor of being the designated server exile for now

Get hiartbill to erase your .dat file, its showing the signs of being corrupted.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tank, where do you find pumpkins, I've only seen jackolanterns other people have had
    I don't know where to look!

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dem's the breaks

It'd be cool if I could get some of my inventory items replaced after I'm wiped though, since I actually found a dungeon and got a record and some other nice things

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    FlatEric wrote: »

If you could copy my little bit of stuff, that would be grand. It's a cave system and cactus patch northwest of the giant sand wall/anthill.

Post a highlighted version of the Ein's map render.

Also, your .dat file is deleted, see if you're fixed.

hiartbill on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Goddammit, every time I see this thread, I get a new idea of some monument to build.

Today it's a big ol' Alliance lionface from World of WarCraft, like a mural type thing.

Edit: Last week it was a pixel-for-pixel conversion of Chun Li's portrait from Street Fighter 2.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hiartbill logged in and the server went down. I'm not saying the two are related, yes I am.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Looks like the server crashed before I could even try to log in again

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You guys don't seem to realize what a server crash is :P It hasn't crashed ever. It lags out and boots losers like you guys sometimes though. I can only assume the problem is on your end, as I'm still online without any problem!

hiartbill on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just cropped the general area so I didn't have to resize it or host a massive image
    The red outline is the best estimate I can provide of where the caves ran. The little cyan patch is where I had a cactus farm.
    2hnrjtt.jpg

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    we should make a giant ant farm. like dirt and shit layered between two huge glass panes.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's exactly what is in that render, Metz. I can't remember who's it is though.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll try the server out later tonight.
    I know you're busy Bill and that you're looking into it but I was just looking to kill some time before running errands.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What did I just do?

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's ok Scarlet, the server is just being pissy.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nothing, you logged on just as I was shutting it down to implement a change to try and fix the issues it was having. We'll see if there's any lasting effects. As usual I have a theory as to why it's been randomly acting up, but, alas, it's hard to pin down the exact cause. Only thing I know right now is the lag seems to be unconnected to the number of people online, which could mean any number of things (not all of which are within my power to fix).

hiartbill on
  • Options
    MuhahahahahaMuhahahahaha Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The server is having some serious cramps tonight

Muhahahahaha on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You might just have to deal with it for awhile, I do know it tends to get better in the evenings. Until I have more data I don't really want to try any significant changes that may or may not break things.

There are a few relatively painless things that can be done to try and alleviate some of the issues though:

For the time being, I want everyone's view distance turned down to normal or less. This will reduce the number of chunks the server has to load for everyone.

If you get socket exceptions, make sure your network card drivers are up-to-date. This has been an issue for players in the past. Make sure you check the manufacturer's site; don't just rely on Windows Update.

hiartbill on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    can I get my airship copied again? Thanks.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Isn't it already on the map?

hiartbill on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh, sorry, though you had a new map going, not just re-using the old one.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yes but he wants a WHOLE FLEET

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    An airship in every hangar and a reed in every farm.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That big giant airship keeps getting put back in 1 block too high, so the water level under its area is one higher than the rest of the ocean

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    that's just the gravitational pull

like the tides

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
This discussion has been closed.