As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

FPS on the Wii

NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Any recommendations? A co-worker is looking for a Wii shooter. Multiplayer is not really a concern.

I hear the Conduit is worthwhile, that the case?

Neurotika on

• psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not a whole lot, unfortunately. Conduit was OK- great controls, multi was fun before people started hacking like mad. Metroid is pretty solid.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I liked Deadspace: Extraction, but it's been pointed out to me that I may be wrong.

It's an on-rails shooter.

Ruckus on
  • Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Goldeneye remake reviewed pretty well, came out earlier in the month.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Actually there are quite a few good FPSs on the Wii, particularly recently.

In the past few weeks there's been Goldeneye and Call of Duty: Black Ops. Goldeneye is much less a remake of the original than you might expect, there's a lot that's different, but most people think it's pretty great. Black Ops is supposed to match feature-for-feature with the HD console versions, and aside from having worse graphics it's gotten decent reviews (on both review sites and forums).

Look into Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition, it's Modern Warfare remade for the Wii which is supposed to be another accurate port that is well-liked.

One I have from a while ago is Medal of Honor Heroes 2, it has some great controls and is pretty fun.

Conduit is actually not considered to be that great. There was a big focus on graphical effects but not enough on gameplay, supposedly. But it's not a terrible game either.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Metroid Prime set the bar pretty high.

I also have played all the CoD games except for Black ops. they are done pretty well. They control great, and graphics are pretty good. the one or two reviews i saw for Blops seemed positive

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The House of the Dead games are really fun for me. It may be part nostalgia, but I've known other people who liked it as well.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • NylonathetepNylonathetep Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would say don't bother... especially if you don't have the N64 controllers. Even with the Wii Gun your hands get tired, and the gyroscope isn't 100% accurate.

Nylonathetep on
    714353-1.png