As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for February 2011

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Graphic Violence
New solicits are out: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29423

Surprise surprise, a ton of Cap and Thor books.

EDIT: Fixed title.

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Who knew? (Anwer: Everyone)

In other news that new Iron Fist costume is on the cover of Heroes for Hire, Iron Fist and Power Man and New Avengers, as well it should because it's a really nice look. Also more Iron Fist makes me happy, though the new Power Man hasn't impressed me one iota in the Shadowlands tie-in, he's just an asshole kid so far. Avengers look cool, wish it was someone else but the Hood holding that Gauntlet (we've seen a lot of him, though can't fault Bendis for trying to set up another rogue for the Avengers). Silver Surfer mini also interests me, because hey, Silver Surfer is cool.

Solar on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ONSLAUGHT UNLEASHED #1 (of 4)
    Written by SEAN MCKEEVER
    Penciled by FILIPE ANDRADE
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Variant Covers by ROB LIEFELD
    THE SECRET AVENGERS AND YOUNG ALLIES CO-STAR IN THIS SENSES-SHATTERING SAGA!

Deep in the heart of Colombia, an immense and unmarked engine hums at a steady, ominous pace. Its purpose: to exploit a tear in the barrier between this world and another; to harvest and refine an exotic energy source for Roxxon Energy Corp. But just on the other side of that tear, inside the Negative Zone, a dark entity of vast power has been waiting for what has seemed like centuries, preparing for the moment when he can finally reach through the tear and once again cast his judgment on humans and mutants alike. For the psychomagnetic abomination called ONSLAUGHT, that moment is about to arrive...and he'll have the girl without a world--NOMAD--to thank for it! Eisner winner Sean McKeever and Filipe Andrade (X-23) team to bring you to the heart of terror and the edge of sanity in this hotly-anticipated epic!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

So I'm beginning to see why McKeever said Unleashed was going to be a slow-burning horror story.

Furu on
    edited November 2010
    Seriously Roxxon What the fuck is your problem.

Solar on
    edited November 2010
    Roxxon: Fucking everything up for everyone since 1975

Furu on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Random Thoughts:
    -That Thunderstrike cover is badass and retro in all the right ways.

-I'll have to buy the Iron Man Legacy TPBs one day. Illuminati v.s. the Pride seems like a lot of fun.

-Carnage is now a lady.

-Peter Parker makes a promise he can't keep (Marriage vows? Ba-dum-pssh), and his powers are going to be changing. Not sure what they could do with him at this point. Just in the past few years he's become a feral spider monster, grown spikes in his wrists, and gained organic webbing. The only new direction I could see them going would be to remove his powers completely, and make him a tech-based hero.

-Not too happy that Grim Hunt's artist is doing a two-parter on Spider-Girl. I was hoping it'd be kind of bright and bouncy, at least for a while.

-Composite Hulk? Hrm. Nice to see Parker finally got Woodgod into a story. He's been trying to do that for a while.

-Arcade: Death Game looks fun, but why have a murderous villain hunt a bunch of characters in order to re-establish his reputation, when we know none of those characters can be killed? I'm sure it's going to sell poorly anyway, so why not use a cast of all-new heroes? Seems like that'd be a better way to keep readers on their toes. Of course, maybe Arcade's goal isn't to kill anyone, and Tobin just wanted to use the Avengers Academy, Young Allies, and Spider-Girl.

-Paladin's new costume is stupid.

-Savage She-Hulks looks really fun. Maybe I'll buy #1 the next time I go to the comic shop, since I passed on it last weekend.

-I'm surprised SHIELD is coming to a close, even with plans to bring it back for another volume. With the sales of the series thus far, I figured they'd keep it going to maintain momentum.

-That Punisher: In the Blood solicitation text is ridiculously over-blown. Not sure if it's intentional.

-Wait, Hyperion's in the Thunderbolts? And it's in another crossover? I feel like all these crossovers will be the death of this book.

-Deadpool and Cable's now an ongoing, with Deadpool acting as Cable? Alright, that sounds pretty awesome. And it seems like he's actually going to have a long-term goal in that series, which will be refreshing.

-Wolverine and Jubilee, by Kathryn Immonen and Phil Noto? Sounds pretty cool. Like most people that grew up with the 90's X-Men cartoon, I'm pretty fond of Jubilee.

-A Marvel Girl ongoing? Sounds fun, though I've only read a tiny bit of Joshua Fialkov's work.

Munch on
    edited November 2010
    Yes munch but its balanced out by the Grim Hunt artist being fucking awesome

Furu on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't understand why Clayton Henry is off of Spider-Girl to draw Marvel Super-Heroes.

Marvel's response to Deadpool over saturation and a clear crop in sales is to just continue to publish more Deadpool stories?

And Immonen not drawing New Avengers #9, whaaaaat? There is a clear level step from Immonen to Deodato and Chaykin.

There is really nothing worthwhile in the solicits, outside of the Iron Fist & Power Man mini.

TexiKen on
    edited November 2010
    Onslaught Unleashed ASM and Spider-Girl you goose copulator.

Also the end of the Serve and Protect mini.

And Henry is probably only off for the Kraven arc.

Furu on
    edited November 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I don't understand why Clayton Henry is off of Spider-Girl to draw Marvel Super-Heroes.

Marvel's response to Deadpool over saturation and a clear crop in sales is to just continue to publish more Deadpool stories?

And Immonen not drawing New Avengers #9, whaaaaat? There is a clear level step from Immonen to Deodato and Chaykin.

There is really nothing worthwhile in the solicits, outside of the Iron Fist & Power Man mini.

I felt that way about the last few solicits but from january onwards it seems like things are picking up again, mostly because Heroes for Hire will be coming out and I'm very much looking forwards to that. Wondering when Bendis and Maleev's Moon Knight will be starting though, March?

Solar on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Furu brah, no way am I getting ASM until MJ sees Patrick Duffy in the shower.

I'm going to wait on Spider-Girl.

Onslaught Unleashed? I'll be honest I'll pick it up after you read it and give your opinions, we seemed to be on the same page in regards to Young Allies.

edit: Solar I'm down with HFH, but it doesn't really have anything going for it in the solicit. It was going to replace my Cosmic Marvel book anyways.

TexiKen on
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That Venom/Deadpool #1 cover by Skottie Young looks hot as fuck.

Delduwath on
    edited November 2010
    Skottie Young is a fucking great artist.

Solar on
  • Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    no cover at for ultimate spidey or avengers vs new ultimates?

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png