As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2010 - Send/Receive gifts! Read OP for new rules. NSF 56k, deadbeats

nevilleneville The Worst Gay(Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Social Entropy++
Satans sent, matches made... now we wait.... FOR SATAN CLAUS (or something).

ss2010.png
(Mully continues the tradition of making awesome art for this, so thanks a million mully. !)

This is our second thread. If you're here for the signups, you're too late. Now watch and sob as other people trade gifts and you are forgotten... or, you know, wait for next year.
If you haven't made a post for things you like and/or made a wishlist... GET TO IT.

In the meantime, enjoy a picture of one of my adorable hedgehogs, who is judging you.

Luna-1.jpg

Rules:

1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount. Just because you spend $500 on your person, doesn't mean you'll get the same amount spent on you. And some people make handmade shit because they're poor, talented, or some combination.

2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."

3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, etc)

4. People who do not send gifts will be banned. Seriously. Not you "might" get banned, you 100% WILL get banned. Tube is tired of people whining about not getting shit, so if you sign up, you better fucking send something. Excuses are not accepted. I don't care if you are deployed to Afghanistan, lose your job, or are in love with Jesus; IF YOU SIGN UP AND DON'T SEND YOU WILL BE BANNED. The deadline to receive gifts is JANUARY 30, 2010. If you send something late and it may not make it, get a tracking number. If you don't, nobody will show mercy. The gays are a cold, ruthless bunch and I will no doubt mock you as I destroy the sanctity of your marriage. Or, more likely, you will be forgotten.

5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.

6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.

How Do I Sign Up, Boss?
Send an email to mailto:secretsatantwo@gmail.com.

THIS EMAIL MUST HAVE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AS A SUBJECT. DO NOT TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, WE MIGHT HAVE A THREAD ABOUT THAT! IF WE DO NOT, THEN JUST LINK A WISHLIST IN YOUR SIG.
The email MUST CONTAIN:

Your Name
Your full Address (including country)
Your Preference in Sending Internationally (YES / NO) - don't put reasons or exceptions. just a yes or no
If NSFW gifts are OK or NOT (I.e. NSFW YES or NO NSFW)

EXAMPLE EMAIL if you don't like reading
Subject of email: NEVILLE

Name: Neville Longbottom.
Address: 123 Example Street
Apt KY-69
Pensacola, New Barbswick 010101
Australia

NSFW: YES OH GOD YES
International: YES

IF YOUR EMAIL DOES NOT HAVE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AS THE SUBJECT, I WILL THROW IT AWAY, AND I WILL NOT TELL YOU I HAVE DONE SO. IF YOUR NAME DOES NOT APPEAR ON THIS SIGN-UP LIST, ASSUME YOU HAVE FUCKED UP SOMEWHERE.

Signups in this thread WILL NOT BE COUNTED AND YOU WILL BE THOROUGHLY MOCKED.
Or ignored. Perhaps both.

THE SIGN UP DEADLINE IS 11:59 PM, PST, NOVEMBER 12TH. THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES.

Keeping the tradition alive:
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Sign-Up List:

Robert Khoo
neville
Squall
#pipe
Burning Organ
VisionOfClarity
TankHammer
Vann Diras
OmegaTofuNinja
Green
MetroidZoid
Smart Hero
Ten
As7
lostwords
CorpseRT
Goose!
NOTASENATOR
Bucketman
Nogs
Uriel
Tonkka
redfenix
Fiz
Skettios
CrackedLens
ShimSham
Fearghaill
Raijin Quickfoot
Usagi
Veretas
Munkus Beaver
Tossrock
Druhim
Centipede Damascus
mully
pillow
Didgeridoo
Sars_Boy
thanimations
Aphostile
Caulk Bite
Zonugal
Rent
Butler
Lost Salient
barcardi
Schide
I.H.N.I.W.T.R.
Tommy2Hands
That Dave Fella
Blake T
SporkAndrew
Platypus Beirut
Josiah_9
Langly
DrZiplock
SeñorAmor
Kakodaimonos
Stale
Sal
Hunter
Wombat!!
BahamutZERO
Bad-Beat
Reigner
Mr Fuzzbutt
Kwoaru
Fletcher
Sara Lynn
Campion
Jokerman
Marcus And His Band of Mysterious Disco Ravens
DHS Odium
Daimajin
sarukun
Legba
orikaeshigitae (King of awesome)
VALVEJunkie
kusuguttai
cheshire
spookymuffin
Huxley
Theidar
Cogliostro
BYToady
Slacker71
PkErthbnd
Henroid
George Fornby Grill
Gatsby
The Lovely Bastard
IpseDixit
Hacksaw
GRMike
Perrsun
Weaver
Rolo
B.C.
BusterK
RabidDeathMoose
Sheri
The Geek
LuvCherie (The Geek's wife)
Ruby Rhod
Jyardana
FlatEric
A duck!
Staleghoti
mensch-o-matic
Sticks
. (Plut)
Sweeney Tom
Bogey
I'd Fuck Chuck Liddell Up
Tastypastry
FORAR
Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy
CorporateLogo
Pharezon
Akilae729
FlatEric
ISKANDER
Bwanie
The_Rat
BEAST!
Okami
Koshian

NEW as of Nov 22 - RULES d'ETIQUITTE
(Since apparently we need them, you goddamn jerkpiles):

1. THOU SHALT POST THANK YOUS (with or without photos) WHEN YOU GET YOUR GIFT(S).
THIS IS REQUIRED. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL INVALIDATE YOU FROM SIGNING UP NEXT YEAR.

2. THOU SHALT GET TRACKING ON THY PACKAGES.
If you don't and your gift "Gets lost" and you get banned, tough shit. Spend the extra $2 for tracking / delivery confirmation.

3. THOU SHALT MAKE A WISHLIST AND/OR "HERE ARE SOME THINGS I LIKE" POST.
This year it is HIGHLY suggested (I.e. Just do it); next year it will be a pre-requisite to signing up.

And fyi, this is also done to help keep WaM and my inboxes from being flooded. If you don't like any of the 3 rules: I. DON'T. CARE.
Do them anyway. This will keep us from bitching at you. And between a woman and a bitter gay who are running this, we can bitch a lot, so just help us out.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

nevillexmassig1.png
neville on

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really want a Hedgehog. But they're illegal in California. :(

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My friend has a hedgehog, it is very grumpy and cute.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it seems like a big list this year

#pipe on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My favorite part about this holiday event is that there is no Max on spending.

LET'S SAVE THE GODDAMN ECONOMY, MOTHERFUCKERS.

sarukun on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Someone said Transmet in the last thread. Yeah. Get that. It is my favourite comic book.

Kochikens on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cutest

tube

ever

VALVEjunkie on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sarukun wrote: »

YOU GET A CAR, AND YOU GET A CAR

THE WHOLE AUDIENCE GETS NEW CAAAAAAARRRRSSSSSS

George Fornby Grill on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    c'mon satanee, please post a wishlist or a "dear satan"
    *crosses fingers*

skettios on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    also, adorable hedgie :3
    Which one is that?

skettios on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Everyone on the list should make at least one post in this thread.

Come on. Get hopping!

Schide on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sarukun wrote: »

YOU GET A CAR, AND YOU GET A CAR

THE WHOLE AUDIENCE GETS NEW CAAAAAAARRRRSSSSSS

Secret Satans? More like Oprah!

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have no clue what the get my satanee. I mean, I have a wish list to go off of but I cannot pick. I will eventually solve this issue, and I have till next Friday (When I get paid) to do so, but still.

Goose! on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    woo

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cutest

tube

ever

Her name is Luna and she isn't grumpy at all. 8-)

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Goatmon wrote: »

Same here.

I seem to remember there being a way you can get a special license or something which will allow you to have one as a pet, but I may be thinking of something else entirely.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arnt hedgehogs on the way to being endangered or something like that? They are not yet, but soonish?

Barcardi on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    To my Satan:
    My wishlist has a lot of non-fiction books as you can see (Military history, current events, politics, countries, conflicts). Currently on an Afghanistan/Chechnya/Ireland/Iraq/Lebanon kick in terms of conflict reading. I don't mind fiction books at all! Sci-fi, Mystery/Detective novels are cool and beyond that any other types of fiction you'd think I'd like! (Awesome cook books are also welcome)

I love movies and do own a bluray player if that means anything to you. Documentaries, Dramas, Foreign films, Thrillers, Action, Black Comedies, Animated films like The Secret of Kells, Waltz with Bashir (own this), or Persepolis.

I own a PC, 360, and DS. Mainly play 360 and PC. Also own a zune.

You can contact George Fornby Grill (Crawford), MrMonroe, and Pipthefair for more ideas! Posters of movies/photographic prints are also awesome (contact proxies to ask)

Hope I don't give you too much trouble in picking out gifts, cheers.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Posting in this thread in case my person wants to find one of my posts that will lead them to my ideas post and my wishlist.

All of you should use my wishlist.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am a blank slate upon which you can give things that you would enjoy.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nah people should use my wishlist, fiz.

Wait, I used yours, and ended up adding a mask...

Wombat!! on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sweet

oh hey I guess I should also make a wishlist or something

Dear Satan:
    everyting's cool, really

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited November 2010
    FlatEric wrote: »

Same here.

I seem to remember there being a way you can get a special license or something which will allow you to have one as a pet, but I may be thinking of something else entirely.

Not in California, no.

T Bacardi Nope.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay, I think I updated my sig, with a link to my ideas post.

EDIT: SHIT.

EDIT EDIT: Okay that's better.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I already have a mask I got in Venice in my room, but I kind of like the long nose ones too. And I'm not going back to Venice again unless I win the lotto.

If my person wants to get me a bunch of winning lotto tickets that'd be cool

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wombat whenever i see that hat on your wishlist I think of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmE5hZaj8e4

#pipe on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pharezon wrote: »
    To my Satan:
    My wishlist has a lot of non-fiction books as you can see (Military history, current events, politics, countries, conflicts). Currently on an Afghanistan/Chechnya/Ireland/Iraq/Lebanon kick in terms of conflict reading. I don't mind fiction books at all! Sci-fi, Mystery/Detective novels are cool and beyond that any other types of fiction you'd think I'd like!

I love movies and do own a bluray player if that means anything to you. Documentaries, Dramas, Foreign films, Thrillers, Action, Black Comedies, Animated films like The Secret of Kells, Waltz with Bashir (own this), or Persepolis.

You can contact George Fornby Grill (Crawford), MrMonroe, and Pipthefair for more ideas!

Oh yeah, Waltz with Bashir is quite awesome.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am 100% ok with that. That video, band, song; all if it is an amazing piece of work.

Wombat!! on
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    neville wrote: »

Same here.

Not in California, no.

T Bacardi Nope.

Dang.

On the plus side thanks for convincing me to write amazon support. I now have a free year of amazon prime.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Satan,

I have updated my Amazon list. I have a few practical items on there in addition to all the fun stuff. I know it goes without saying since it's the spirit of this whole thing, but please don't feel at all like you have to buy something. Personalized homemade things, or second-hand stuff is all awesome too.

I generally wear a L in t-shirts, unless they run small. I enjoy cartoons of a wide variety and I like to cook.

For gaming systems, I have NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GBA, DS, PS1/2/3, Xbox 360, Genesis, and Dreamcast.

Please feel free to use a proxy to ask me anything else you'd like to know.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited November 2010
    sweet

Dear Satan:
    everyting's cool, really

yeah this isn't

this kind of thing isn't really good enough

at least give your shirt size and what consoles you own

#pipe on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I'm gonna go downtown this weekend and see what I can find for my Satan. I'm pretty sure most of the stuff won't be a problem, but I'd rather not waste any time

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited November 2010
    #pipe wrote: »
    sweet

Dear Satan:
    everyting's cool, really

yeah this isn't

pipe please do not take issues with my joke spoiler

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited November 2010
    Oh hey Neville the Last Starfighter!

that was one of my favourite flicks as a kid

have you seen it recently?

it umm

it doesn't really hold up that well

#pipe on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey in case my Secret Satan is around - might be a bad idea to send me something planned to arrive the week of Christmas; I just found out I'm going out of town. Apparently.

Then again, coming back from the airport to a box of possible spoiled goods would be hilarious to me in some way.

Henroid on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah this isn't

Do what I'm going to do. I'm just going to buy stuff from Fiz's wishlist and tell them that if they don't like any of it they can probably exchange it with Fiz for a blowjob.

Blake T on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    neville wrote: »

Same here.

Not in California, no.

T Bacardi Nope.

Dang.

On the plus side thanks for convincing me to write amazon support. I now have a free year of amazon prime.

Yeah, California has strict rules about any sort of pets that falls under the "Exotic" category.

It's rather frustrating.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh yeah, if my satan is thinking about bicycle stuff, my ride can be viewed here. 56cm stand-over frame. I already have fenders.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pharezon wrote: »
    To my Satan:
    My wishlist has a lot of non-fiction books as you can see (Military history, current events, politics, countries, conflicts). Currently on an Afghanistan/Chechnya/Ireland/Iraq/Lebanon kick in terms of conflict reading. I don't mind fiction books at all! Sci-fi, Mystery/Detective novels are cool and beyond that any other types of fiction you'd think I'd like!

You can contact George Fornby Grill (Crawford), MrMonroe, and Pipthefair for more ideas!

Oh yeah, Waltz with Bashir is quite awesome.

That's definitely one way to describe it. Another is soul crushing.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited November 2010
    Oh hey Neville the Last Starfighter!

that was one of my favourite flicks as a kid

have you seen it recently?

it umm

it doesn't really hold up that well

Hmm, nope I haven't.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I heard through the grape vine that my satan needs a little more help, so I'll give it another shot.

My general things, to reiterate: some kind of weird cheap musical instrument: melodica, toy piano, etc.

I guess I'll get specific for this pass:

A copy of The Portable Atheist by Christopher Hitchens.
    A record player.
    Some kind of simple tracking or looping device with an input for guitars, but I don't really know how expensive these are.
    One of those Iron Gym pull up bars.
    An electric guitar capo.

And still, anything clever is acceptable. I'm a graphic designer by trade, living in Seattle, so stuff relevant to that is cool, too. If you can find any cool books about typography or motion graphics, hit me.

The_Rat on
This discussion has been closed.