As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dragon Age 2 anti-hype thread [PLEASE POST IN NEW THREAD]

• vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I used the word 'susurrus' in an official work-related capacity today.

THIS HAS BEEN YOUR DAILY DOSE OF DA2 NEWS.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    What the fuck they are trying to make the game playable on all three systems? Those motherfuckers, why should I suffer because some kid on his sucksbox360 wants to soil my games?

Fizban140 on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    What the fuck they are trying to make the game playable on all three systems? Those motherfuckers, why should I suffer because some kid on his sucksbox360 wants to soil my games?

I can't tell if this post is ironic or not.

It's getting hard these days. Where's Pancake when I need my simple "this person is always posting ironically" rule?

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    I am looking forward to Mass Dragon 2.

Seriously though, I am looking forward to this game. I have liked just about every Bioware game, even Jade Empire...especially Jade Empire. Lesbian romance never gets old.

Fizban140 on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ah yes, the "Darkspawn"

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »

It's getting hard these days. Where's Pancake when I need my simple "this person is always posting ironically" rule?

I'm fairly sure that that's what blackjack is trying to do

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What did happen to Pancake anyway.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited November 2010
    What did happen to Pancake anyway.

She's still aroundish. Saw her in the ME thread a few days ago.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    vsove wrote: »
    I used the word 'susurrus' in an official work-related capacity today.

THIS HAS BEEN YOUR DAILY DOSE OF DA2 NEWS.

Aw shit, the inevitably excessive sussurating in the game is going to totally fuck up my immersion.

I bet there wont even be an option to turn it off.

I'm going to go preorder some other games just to spite you.

Jimmy Marku on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Huh. I've learned a new word today.

Preordered for educational value.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Well if you change this wording to be less stupid I'd actually agree.

"We can't optimize the game for the PC, that's madness! I know we actually made good money last time by doing just that, and the pirates didn't eat our shirt, but fuck those guys they're going to get an easy port and they'll like it"

I mean I'm still a day1'er on this game, if bioware released a literal pile of dog shit I'd have to buy it just because I'm confident they could make it something enjoyable.

override367 on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ah yes, the "Darkspawn"

Honestly, those interview quotations above still make it sound like the old tactical camera is out, which is... well, pretty dumb!

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    edited November 2010
    Check the ceiling for darkspawn.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Basil wrote: »
    Check the ceiling for darkspawn.

Frankly, if they were going to put murderholes and traps/boiling cauldrons of <insert nastiness> in the ceilings, then I might give a damn.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Spoit wrote: »

I'm fairly sure that that's what blackjack is trying to do
    Only when I'm making fun of the doomsayers.

Otherwise I'm fairly genuine in my "it looks pretty great actually" posts.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited November 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Ah yes, the "Darkspawn"

Honestly, those interview quotations above still make it sound like the old tactical camera is out, which is... well, pretty dumb!

Which we argued about back when the article first came out!

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So yea

The Fade

That was probably the least pleasant experience I've had in a game for a while

Dox the PI on
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    So yea

The Fade

My brother came in to watch me chug through part of the mage tower, and he was digging it; he and I don't mind watching other people play games as long as they're entertaining. And then I hit The Fade. In my naivete, I told him it would be quick - most situations in the game up to that point hadn't been terribly involved affairs - and I looked at The Fade map. Surely I would not have to transverse all these nodes.

He left when he realized that was the case. And never came back.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
    edited November 2010
    So yea

The Fade

The Fade was great the first time through. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and vibe. Subsequent play throughs made me download the "Skip the Fade" mod.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
    edited November 2010
    So yea

The Fade

Spoken like someone that hasn't done the Deep Roads.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited November 2010
    I still maintain that the fade was a fun change of pace

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010

It was alright

but it went on
    and on
    and on

and yes, I am dreading getting to the Deep roads

Dox the PI on
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Drake wrote: »
    Day one re-order my precancel purchase.

I'm so confused now.

WHY DO YOUZ MAKE MAH BRAIN MEATZ BLEED???!!!

Also beautiful thread title. :D

Thegreatcow on
    edited November 2010

It was alright

but it went on
    and on
    and on

and yes, I am dreading getting to the Deep roads

...yeah, I suppose doing Orzammar first on my first playthrough kinda skewed my whole perception of the lengths of the dungeons

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wasn't there a mod that made the selected character use tactics anyway? I can't find it.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently there's an option for this using Advanced Tactics. :D

Blurbl on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So yea

The Fade

I like how when I went through the game the first time and posted in here a long rant on how angry I was when I got to the fade and how I was beginning to enjoy it until that came up and stuff everyone was all "oh, it's quick." "It's not too bad" "You're probably doing it wrong," and now it's just accepted knowledge that the fade freaking sucks. See guys! I'm not crazy!

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So yea

The Fade

I like how when I went through the game the first time and posted in here a long rant on how angry I was when I got to the fade and how I was beginning to enjoy it until that came up and stuff everyone was all "oh, it's quick." "It's not too bad" "You're probably doing it wrong," and now it's just accepted knowledge that the fade freaking sucks. See guys! I'm not crazy!

This is more or less 'the way' of Games and Technology. You're not allowed to say anything bad about a new game, and nothing good about an old game.

Carnarvon on
    edited November 2010
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    So yea

The Fade

This is more or less 'the way' of Games and Technology. You're not allowed to say anything bad about a new game, and nothing good about an old game.

Tell that to the ME(2) thread :?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    I did the Deep Roads first and really enjoyed 'em.
    It was a thoroughly harrowing, epic journey that my party just about struggled through. I think you need to set aside enough time to do it in one go, to immerse yourself in the struggle and really get the feeling of dread.

I particularly loved the bit in the Dead Trenches were you've been fighting your way in through hordes of darkspawn only to find a group of utterly badass Legion of the Dead Dwarfs who help you fight your way over the bridge. Awesome.

Jimmy Marku on
    edited November 2010
    So yea

The Fade

The Fade is easily the best dungeon section of the game (unless you consider the gauntlet a dungeon...). Like I said earlier, though, I still skip it all the time. Because being the least bad bad thing doesn't make you good.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited November 2010
    I wear my [strike]sun[/strike]rose-tinted glasses at night:whistle:

So I can, so I can:whistle:

Watch you live and breathe your story lines:whistle:

The collective opinion does have a way of steadily sinking, doesn't it?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    So yea

The Fade

The Fade is easily the best dungeon section of the game (unless you consider the gauntlet a dungeon...). Like I said earlier, though, I still skip it all the time. Because being the least bad bad thing doesn't make you good.

See, that right there is why I can't tell when you're doing your sarcastic, mock the haters thing and when you're serious.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    No, the Fade is long and tedious.

But at least it's different from "hallway fight repeat"

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I honestly enjoy pretty much everything about Dragon Age Origins.

I also don't like Baldur's Gate, so apparently I'm some kind of mutant. You should probably stone me, or at least alienate me.

Drake on
    edited November 2010
    Hiss, boo.
    shun shun shun

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited November 2010

I also don't like Baldur's Gate, so apparently I'm some kind of mutant. You should probably stone me, or at least alienate me.

Funny enough, I have never been able to get my copy of Baldur's Gate to work on any PC/Laptop I have ever owned.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
    edited November 2010

It's okay man, they can throw us in the stoning pit together.

Jimmy Marku on
    edited November 2010
    I liked Baldur's Gate 2 well enough, but I never understood the massive amounts of sheer adoration the game gets. It was fun enough to go through a couple times, but I'm not in any hurry to play it ever again.

Baldur's Gate 1 was just plain boring though.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited November 2010
    That's okay

As long as you've played Planescape Torment

you have played Planescape Torment right?

Dox the PI on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love most of Dragon Age, but I've found it necessary to get myself irresponsibly drunk any time I do the Fade.

So replaying this game may literally kill me.

Torso Boy on