As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Witcher] [The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings trailer | 2011 release

• MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh yeah! I forgot about the part where she yells at you.

That was odd.

Monger on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i remember handing a flower to this one random chick in a field

BOOM SEX

geralt doesn't care about your stupid wars or conflicts

geralt looks out for number 1

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember Triss wanting a Ruby I think it was, she kept making a big deal about it.

I got it to her, and she wouldn't take it, she kept asking for it still.

Ticked me off.

Cade on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

BOOM SEX

No, that was your own fault. She said, 'I'm glad that someone thinks I'm beautiful enough to give me flowers', and you have to select 'Let's go somewhere a little more private to appreciate your beauty'. Yep, no warning whatsoever with that one.

Alright, so it was pretty hard to miss them, and there was the elf in the cave which came out of nowhere, but most of the time, it was all pretty obvious.

Lalabox on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cade wrote: »
    I remember Triss wanting a Ruby I think it was, she kept making a big deal about it.

Ticked me off.

she wanted a ruby ring if i recall.

Deaderinred on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Heh. Monger gave the lady his meat. *snicker* She sure was hungry for Monger's meat, haha. *giggle* She just gobbled Monger's meat right up.
    :winky:

Drake on
    edited November 2010
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Ticked me off.

she wanted a ruby ring if i recall.

She wouldn't take it.

Don't know if that was a bug or what.

Cade on
  • Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have installed this on my windows 7 pc.

It didnt work for a while due to the site that has the 1.5 patch (constant broken downloads).

I got the patch from somewhere else (C/net or somewhere) and installed it and the game runs well now. The only thing that annoys me is that windows is still reporting that there is a problem with the Tages software. The 1.5 patch was supposed to remove the Tages software. Its a minor thing I suppose.

Shifty_Calhoun on
  • Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

BOOM SEX

yeah I did that not long ago. She is a slut for Tulips.

Shifty_Calhoun on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah I did that not long ago. She is a slut for Tulips.

the ones in his hand or on his face?

Alegis on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lalabox wrote: »

BOOM SEX

No, that was your own fault. She said, 'I'm glad that someone thinks I'm beautiful enough to give me flowers', and you have to select 'Let's go somewhere a little more private to appreciate your beauty'. Yep, no warning whatsoever with that one.

Alright, so it was pretty hard to miss them, and there was the elf in the cave which came out of nowhere, but most of the time, it was all pretty obvious.

that's what i'm saying

he listens to number 1 :winky:

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Snowblindvictim on
    edited November 2010
    The dungeon scene? Yeah they played that at gamescom and I think E3 as well

Although they seem to explain a lot more here. Ah! New stuff at 14:10, outside view. Video seems to lock up for me after 15:30

Alegis on
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The stream doesn't work past that mark but you can choose to download the file directly and it works.

Tertiee on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone else watching the live stream?

edit: I'd like to buy direct from GOG but the premium edition is £25 from Play in the UK, with all that stuff.

Jimmy Marku on
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not all that stuff.

It lacks the Gerald Bust, Artbook, Temerian Coin, Dice Set & Playing Cards.
    Those are in £70 collectors edition.

EDIT: Damn I'm still tempted by that Gerald head and playing cards. It's only £45 more :(

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I meant all that stuff relative to having digital non-stuff stuff. Plus, disc install.

Jimmy Marku on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just thought I'd let you guys know that I got their last gift bag at E3. 8-)
    I now have a leather Witcher mouse pad and a leather Witcher 2 mouse pad.

Anyway they might include a tiny suggestion I made during the showing of the game which is kinda neat even though it's almost nothing.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited November 2010
    Did... Did you ask for more erotic art? :winky:

Seriously what was it you asked ?

EDIT: Very bad totp.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The worst.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jammu wrote: »

Well in the demo they were showing there was this big tentacled monster.. NO NOT EROTIC ART! Anyway, big tentacled monster, and as you chopped off tentacles it would shake its stump for a second and then curl it under itself, and it's mouth was on it's underbelly. So I asked if it was putting the stump into it's mouth. You know like when you cut your finger and you go AH and shake your hand a bit before sticking your finger in your mouth to suck on it. He looked at me for a second, and then a look of realization washed over his face, and he said, "No.. but I like that Idea, I'll mention it to the team and see if we can do some slight changes to the animation."

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    This one time, I gave an elf lady some meat. You know, because she hadn't eaten in a week. People generally like to eat. Daily, if possible.

Sexing happened immediately. I was confused.
    Is this the half-elf lady you safe from the thugs? I thought it was pretty obvious her way of thanking you would involve more than a 'THANK YOU HERO, HAVE THIS TRINKET AS A REWARD'.

I mean, the game's 18+ and it's The Witcher. You're gonna have random sexings, especially if you're oblivious to innuendo.

Half elf lady? I can't remember who that is exactly myself.

The game is based on the novels and yeah, let's just say that the game stayed true to how Geralt is able to get down with the women folk now and then. Though it's never over done or explicit.

I remember getting my hands on the Last Wish...

...reading the first [strike]two[/strike] page...

...and thinking "Wow, the game was closer to the books than I thought."

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    jammu wrote: »

Well in the demo they were showing there was this big tentacled monster.. NO NOT EROTIC ART! Anyway, big tentacled monster, and as you chopped off tentacles it would shake its stump for a second and then curl it under itself, and it's mouth was on it's underbelly. So I asked if it was putting the stump into it's mouth. You know like when you cut your finger and you go AH and shake your hand a bit before sticking your finger in your mouth to suck on it. He looked at me for a second, and then a look of realization washed over his face, and he said, "No.. but I like that Idea, I'll mention it to the team and see if we can do some slight changes to the animation."
    That sounds awesome. Applause to you and the Demo guy.
    It is simple, but something appropriate, that can be done easily.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The digital premium edition of the game's available for preorder on STEAM. $44.99 in exchange for collector's edition content: Soundtrack, Making of, Map, Guides, Papercrafts, Pamphlets.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

Definitely looking forward to May!

EDIT: Any PC gamer should consider Good Old Games as an option as well, thanks Foefaller and Drake!
    There is also the one on GoG, with all that plus an artbook, a free game (your choice of Gothic 2 Gold, Realms of Arkania 1 + 2, Realms of Arkania 3, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity.)

http://www.gog.com/en/page/tw2_preorder/
    GoG has the same deal. Except you can preorder it without any money down, and no obligation to buy, and you get some neato stuff right off the bat. Then you'll have the game added to your GoG account to download whenever you like, completely DRM free. I love Steam, I really do. But GoG wins this one. Hands down. Hell, whenever I have a choice between a GoG version and a Steam version, GoG will get my money just because they are cool like that.

Prisca on
    edited November 2010
    Prisca wrote: »
    The game's available for preorder on STEAM. $44.99 in exchange for collector's edition content: Soundtrack, Making of, Map, Guides, Papercrafts, Pamphlets.

There is also the one on GoG, with all that plus an artbook, a free game (your choice of Gothic 2 Gold, Realms of Arkania 1 + 2, Realms of Arkania 3, Divine Divinity, and Beyond Divinity.)

http://www.gog.com/en/page/tw2_preorder/

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    Prisca wrote: »
    The digital premium edition of the game's available for preorder on STEAM. $44.99 in exchange for collector's edition content: Soundtrack, Making of, Map, Guides, Papercrafts, Pamphlets.

GoG has the same deal. Except you can preorder it without any money down, and no obligation to buy, and you get some neato stuff right off the bat. Then you'll have the game added to your GoG account to download whenever you like, completely DRM free. I love Steam, I really do. But GoG wins this one. Hands down. Hell, whenever I have a choice between a GoG version and a Steam version, GoG will get my money just because they are cool like that.

edit: ... and beat'd

Drake on
  • NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also worth noting the Pound/Euro fairness thing where they are giving UK purchasers 6 dollars credit for GoG and Euro purchasers 16 Dollars credit for GoG.

Which alone makes it a way better deal than Steam if you are in those areas.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    All this Collector's Edition talk (plus just finished reading Blood of Elves) is making me want to reinstall...

Let's just hope I can find my manual, with the registration code I need to upgrade my Day1 copy to EE before I break down and buy it again off Steam (even though they would completly deserve that simply for the EE)

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    So, assuming one was going to go with the GoG deal, which of the free games would be worth getting? The only one I'm familiar with is Gothic 2, which I already own (and have yet to play, come to think of it). I think I've heard of the Divinity series as being kind of a mixed bag, but I might be getting it confused with something else.

I'm not crazy about installers, though. I've kind of gotten used to Steam's it's all in that folder over there approach.

Monger on
    edited November 2010
    I think I'm going with one of the Realms of Arkania games. Freeze to death if you don't dress for cold weather? Negative stats defining characters dark sides and phobias/weaknesses? Sounds pretty awesome.

Drake on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, assuming one was going to go with the GoG deal, which of the free games would be worth getting? The only one I'm familiar with is Gothic 2, which I already own (and have yet to play, come to think of it). I think I've heard of the Divinity series as being kind of a mixed bag, but I might be getting it confused with something else.

I'm not crazy about installers, though. I've kind of gotten used to Steam's it's all in that folder over there approach.
    GoG is awesome, you just download the installer and install the game wherever you please. And if you get a new PC? Copy your installer and you can install it again on your new PC. Want to install it on your laptop? You've got the installer: go wild.

I bought Arcanum from them before and it's a RPG like they don't make them any more. I can't really finish it because I got sidetracked and my low intelligence character is annoying and I don't feel like restarting with a smarter character to run half the game again with a bunch of followers.

They've also got the complete Baldur's Gate series, Planescape, Neverwinter Nights (1), Icewind Dale 1 & 2, The Temple of Elemental Evil, Age of Wonders II, Alone in the Dark, King's Quest 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, Caesar 3, FlatOut, Psychonauts, Outcast, Beyond Good & Evil, Broken Sword 2 and 3 and Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics.

I'm sure there's something there you'll enjoy.

Aldo on
    edited November 2010
    I know. I like GoG, and I've bought from them before. They're great.

Just not crazy about installers, is all. Particularly big installers for modern games. For Duke3D or Torment or whatever, it's not so much of an issue.

Monger on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I know. I like GoG, and I've bought from them before. They're great.

Just not crazy about installers, is all. Particularly big installers for modern games. For Duke3D or Torment or whatever, it's not so much of an issue.
    But that's the thing: you download the installer and you can do with it whatever you like. Burn it to a DVD for all they care.

And yeah, LOTRO installer is like 12GB and some other games are huge as well.

Then again, the Ring der Nibelungen point-n-click adventure came on eight CDs back in the day.

Aldo on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And it's not like Steam game installs are any smaller. It doesn't magically use less of your gigabytes.

captaink on
    edited November 2010
    so steam popped up a little thing saying "PREORDER WITCHER 2 NAO"

and i'm all OH MY GOD THIS IS SOON

then i find out it's may of next year and i'm all "whew i can beat the first one"

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Amazon has the first game on digital download right now and it's $6.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Witcher-Enhanced-Pc/dp/B001AH8YSW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290231043&sr=8-1

Just in case there's anyone interested who missed the steam sales in the past; though I suspect it'll pop up again for black friday or the christmas time sale they have on Steam.

Thought I'd pass it along.

EDIT: Click PC Download; the link just goes to the boxed copy.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Huh, I didn't know Amazon even did digital game downloads. That's pretty nifty.

Zxerol on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They've had it for crappy $.99 games and stuff but they just made a deal with several publishers:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/19/amazon-expands-game-downloads-service-adds-titles-from-ea-ubiso/

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited November 2010
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/11/the-witcher-2-devs-threaten-pirates-with-fines-legal-action.ars
    The sequel to The Witcher won't feature any form of DRM, but CD Projekt plans to go after those people who do decide to pirate the game, with threats of both fines and legal action.

"Of course we're not happy when people are pirating our games, so we are signing with legal firms and torrent sneaking companies," CD Projekt co-founder Marcin Iwiński told Eurogamer. "In quite a few big countries, when people are downloading it illegally they can expect a letter from a legal firm saying, 'Hey, you downloaded it illegally and right now you have to pay a fine.' We are totally fair, but if you decide you will not buy it legally there is a chance you'll get a letter."

"From a gamer's perspective, the whole point of these measures is that they should have a nil effect on legitimate games purchases but a strong negative effect on illegal downloads," he explained.

I hope it proves effective and more companies go the DRM free route. But like comments from the article state, this could get messy if it's only using the IPs from the tracker.

Alegis on