As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Talk About ... Penny Arcade: The Series, Season 1 DVD Set

• Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So far I have just watched the lost 4-Panels because I'm the type of person who goes right for the chocolaty filling

Those were great

Can't wait to watch the rest of the content

Nocturne on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man... being an interviewer and getting people to talk this way is almost like being a therapist.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It is interesting how different the sides of the story are between 2PP and Jerry on the commentary tracks for the "Drugs" episode.

Jerry tells it like 2PP somewhat manipulated Mike into revealing the loss of his brother, and then 2PP further hounded the both of them with questions afterwards. 2PP says that it came completely unexpected during the interview, the interview concluded shortly after, and there was a very silent and awkward exit out of the office and car ride home. They then contacted Khoo to get Mike's approval about even using that footage in the episode.

I wonder whose side is the more accurate one.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Either way it was probably the most powerful moment of the entire show

I teared up

And I think it sent an important message

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    whether 2PP was as Jerry describes or not

that is their job as a documentary/interview team. the reason they are so good is because they are able to get those moments

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Man... being an interviewer and getting people to talk this way is almost like being a therapist.

I guess you found the easter eggs?

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm in Australia and the tracking info has said "Electronic Shipping Info Received" since November 9th. I made the order on the 1st of November, so is my DVD just going to come later than those who (pre)ordered earlier?

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited November 2010
    It means it's in transit.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PAX East Extra Scenes:

Oh my god the Khoo fangirl! :D

So funny, yet so scary.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    he looked like he had seen a ghost

Squall on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Turambar wrote: »
    PAX East Extra Scenes:

Oh my god the Khoo fangirl! :D

So funny, yet so scary.

Hope she doesn't smoke, want kids, or mind that work comes first :P

KalTorak on
  • Options
    GenoForPrezGenoForPrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My DVDs arrived last week, but I wasn't home, so I ended up having to wait until Monday to pick them up from the post office. Mail fail =(

But I finally got them and have already watched most of the content.

I didn't have any major issues with the DVDs, but Disc 1 was a little skippy. I don't think it's from scratching, since all the DVDs were secure on the their tabs when I opened the case. No skip on the menus or any of the content associated with the regular episodes, but it seems as if all the deleted scenes segments on Disc 1 had trouble spots. I was initially playing the disc on a PS2, which could barely read those segments at all. I switched over to my 360 and got a few pauses and even the "attempting to read media" message a few times, but it was ultimately no big deal. Nothing to ask for a new disc over anyway. Just reporting for data's sake.

The content is all brilliant, though. Thanks to everyone at the PA office for volunteering to be stalked by camera men. Thanks to 2PP for putting together such an excellent production. I especially wanted to complement you on the menu screens. (On the Khoo menu screen, is he actually typing or just banging his open hands on the keyboard? Makes me feel a little better about my own heavy-handed keystrokes.)

I especially liked the menu screen where Mike was DMing a quest. I confess to actually maxing the volume so I could watch/listen to the whole thing. If the podcasts became the 4th Panel which became a sort of "special episode" in the reality show, then maybe the D&D podcasts become a menu screen and become a sort of "special episode" in future seasons?

And especially to Erika and Kurtz: watching you two arrive at the PA office in your respective arrival episodes, then seeing how you both not only fit in so well there, but also hearing the friendship you two have formed on the commentaries was one of the highlights. You two really do seem to play well off of each other and I enjoyed listening to you two interact as much as I enjoy listening to Mike and Jerry interact. Same with the Kurtz/Straub duo. It's not just because of how generally funny you all can be; it's because it's the humor of close friends, and it's genuine, and who doesn't love that? There are many reasons why a person might want to work at the Penny Arcade office or even want to watch the show, but being involved in relationships like these--either firsthand or through a television screen--outshines all other perks.

Mike & Jerry: Great as always. As long as you two are the same people, I don't think your magic bubble is in any danger of bursting.

Khoo: The shit you pull in the interview process is hilarious. I'll surely never end up at PA, so I'm a little sad that I will never get to run through the PA gauntlet. If you hire any more, please share!

It was great learning more about the rest of the PA crew as well, and I hope to see more of them in the new season!

Thanks again for the awesome show.

GenoForPrez on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Khoo: The shit you pull in the interview process is hilarious. I'll surely never end up at PA, so I'm a little sad that I will never get to run through the PA gauntlet. If you hire any more, please share!

You're saying something here.
    Even if you're not looking for a job, going through the hiring process at PA would be pretty awesome.
    Sort of a haunted house experience. :P

"I'll try another finger. Maybe this one is more asian."

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hooray, my DVDs arrived! Nothing broken and only a slight celery smell from up close, and now I have something else to watch for the next few days!

Ten on
  • Options
    KabitzyKabitzy find me in Monsbaiya Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So my favorite deleted scene was "Khoo's Fan"

that photo album

wow.

Kabitzy on
    W7ARG.png Don't try and sell me any junk.
    Bother me on steam: kabbypan
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aww maaaaan, there's crap about me in there I don't even know about!

That reminds me, I should totally draw Mike some rude titties.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    like you don't already have a bulging portfolio labeled "Titties: Rude"

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't think most of the boobs I draw are really that rude! Moderately impolite, in some cases, but they're generally pretty well behaved.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Obviously I assumed there are other portfolios

Titties: Moderately impolite
    Titties: Well-behaved
    Titties: Oh my word
    Titties: I know your dad
    Titties: Incorrigible
    Titties: Awkwardly attentive
    Boobies
    Cans

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cans is, of course, the best folder.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    lexxy i hear you are way too cool for D&D is this true y/n

Squall on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    and/or Red Robin

freakish light on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is probably my favorite purchase this year so far.

So good

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Squall wrote: »

What? No! I'm playing TOMORROW and I carry a dice bag in my purse!

I'm not cool at all!

Lexxy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Lexxy wrote: »

I'm not cool at all!

I dunno I'm more inclined to believe a super nerd like Scott than someone as cool as you

I bet you wear sunglasses inside

Squall on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay, so let's cut the crap. Where's the Easter Egg that reveals the censored joke? I know it's in here somewhere!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Asking what the censored joke was is like asking how entropy can be reversed.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cans is, of course, the best folder.

220px-15cans.png

???
    Okay, so let's cut the crap. Where's the Easter Egg that reveals the censored joke? I know it's in here somewhere!
    Asking what the censored joke was is like saying you want to kill Santa Claus.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

yportne

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm not cool at all!

I dunno I'm more inclined to believe a super nerd like Scott than someone as cool as you

You wanna know about my sunglasses? They're giant-ass sunblockers from wal-mart that old people wear over their glasses! And I wear them over my glasses!! JUST LIKE OLD PEOPLE.

That's how not cool I am.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sorry lexxy, you just made that cool

goddammit

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I'm not cool at all!

You wanna know about my sunglasses? They're giant-ass sunblockers from wal-mart that old people wear over their glasses! And I wear them over my glasses!! JUST LIKE OLD PEOPLE.

That's how not cool I am.

pft you're probably doing it ironically

Squall on
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I haven't put these back in the dvd player after finishing all the eps and the commentaries but..

Easter Eggs, what?

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

So there is yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Careful, Lexxy, try any harder to be uncool and you'll cross over into hipster territory.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Shit! Better hide my PBR!

No one must know.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    uh guys Lexxy is a pretty huge grossnerd

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    kurtz was talkin some mad shit though

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't remember that part.

I never liked kurtz much though. I used to read PVP but then it got way too sitcom for me.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sheesh!

I haven't seen it yet, so I have no idea what he said, but it sounds dumb.

Lexxy on