As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] Introducing New Random Forum Events

1666768697072»

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    X, Y, and Z are just labels for the axes. You could call them U, V, and W, or Punch, Pie, and Cake.

The real kicker is if someone used a left handed coordinate system instead of a right handed one. Then its on!

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    With the removal of the city portals from Dalaran and Shattrath, did they leave the portals to the Caverns of Time (well, not a portal in Shattrath's case, but an NPC) and Isle of Quel'Danas?

For the past two years or so I've been very spoiled by having my hearth set to Shattrath and a Dalaran ring (along with engineering teleporters) allowing me to get virtually anywhere quickly. I need to remember to move my hearth to the old world before the Shattering.

I also need to try and get a group to kill Illidan so I can finally complete my quest for the neck piece to teleport me to Black Temple as that will give me another quick way to Outland for soloing Sethekk Halls. I almost had it last night, but we got the health bug with the Illidari Council and the raid fell apart after a single wipe.

Edit: Also, managing to get both ZG mounts in one run just days before it's permanently removed? Unending hatred! (actually jealousy, but let's go with hatred)

Lars on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There's not enough hate in the universe for you.

^

Nobody on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And you know what

I did zg like 4 times in my life

Dadouw on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jephery wrote: »
    X, Y, and Z are just labels for the axes. You could call them U, V, and W, or Punch, Pie, and Cake.

The real kicker is if someone used a left handed coordinate system instead of a right handed one. Then its on!

WHY HALLO THAR WINDOWS

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Jephery wrote: »

WHY HALLO THAR WINDOWS

The bastards! I DON'T DO CROSS PRODUCTS WITH MY LEFT HAND *GARBLE*

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dadouw wrote: »
    Yesterday I got both ZG mounts, in one run

Yesterday, I slept with a GIRL!

Unlike you, what I said is true!
    WoWScrnShot_111910_165259.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_111910_165330.jpg

Evidence presented here clearly shows that it takes a truly classless individual to accomplish such an absurd feat.

Bobble on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And you know what

Keep in mind now that you will probably never have good luck again. You just blew all you had in your luck bank.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy shit and I just got THIS on my main
    WoWScrnShot_111910_174344.jpg

Dadouw on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Did you also sleep with a GIRL as well!?

forty on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

That's weird the tiger dropped when my friend and I where doing it yesterday... He got it but I can't feel to bad got the deathcharger on last Sunday. Must be rare mount week.

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bloodshed wrote: »
    I sleep in a drawer.

Don't ask that question. Don't ask that question. Don't ask

Do your mommy and daddy sleep in a jar?

DAMN IT

naengwen on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    naengwen wrote: »
    I sleep in a drawer.

DAMN IT
    His daddy attends Springfield Elementary and his mommy's whereabouts are unknown.

forty on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, I wanted to reinstall WoW because I got an offer for 7 days of play as part of a promotion for Cata I guess, and stupidly I just accepted it, before reinstalling. Now, I can't get it to install with the online installer. Either of them. I've tried everything. I've rebooted in safe mode, got on the administrator account, cleared all the temp files I could find that might have been left behind. One of the installers doesn't get much past halfway and always tells me that it can't initialize the installer. The current one they're using gets to 20% on the World.MPQ file, and then just crashes. Apparently, this is a rather common problem, and I happen to think it may be rooted in a problem on Blizzard's end. Only once did it ever go past 20%, and it still crashed at like 67% or something.

Anyone have any suggestions? Because none of the ones from the WoW forums have helped for shit.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Don't have any particular advice other than that if you think it's an issue with the online installer, you can go pick up a trial disc for like a buck, install the game from that, and patch up.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And you know what

Keep in mind now that you will probably never have good luck again. You just blew all you had in your luck bank.

He'll probably go on to win the lottery....twice in a row.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Are we intentionally letting this thread get huge or are we just too lazy to make a new one?
    Generally the mods lock and make the new thread.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    BloodshedBloodshed I smoke my friends Down to the FilterRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    naengwen wrote: »
    I sleep in a drawer.

DAMN IT

Peanuts are salty.
    I like clowns.

Bloodshed on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I would recommend chewing gum over authenticators. If your feeling like something more like food apples work well also.

:lol:

Rizzi on
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want to join the riveting axis discussion!

In OpenGL and DirectX, if you build your projections in the "normal" way, the Y axis represents height. You could make it any way you want... there's just no reason to unless your modeling software saves it in a different way. WoW uses these APIs, so I would assume it works this way internally.

I think.

And why am I doing this?!

Monsty on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Opty wrote: »
    Alchemy isn't the money profession, herbalism is. It's just that most alchemists have herbalism so they make mad bank (which I hope to do with my tauren druid OP herbing).

This is one of the reasons I'm slightly tempted to buy super fast flying for my tauren druid herbalist... so awesome.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    asdghjag

Game is really making me rage hard. Apparently Shadows over Low detail still fuck my framerate in group combat situations.

Grumble grumble. New graphics card, too. And 6gb memory. And windows 7 64-bit. Only thing I could think to upgrade at this point is my dual-core 3ghz processor, but I'm wondering just how much it would help.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MOTHERFUCKING STEAMWHEEDLE REP BE EXALTED BITCHES!!!

I can't believe I put 40 hours into that in the past two weeks. I'm dumb as shit.

On the bright side, it makes the 1.5-2 hours I put into dailies seem trivial.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I suspect alot of us are doing that kind of thing though. I just got through about 30 hours of /played to get The Loremaster, for no reason other than doing it before Cata trivialized Kalimdor. Since I can't raid, this is the only kind of bragging rights I get.

Euphoriac on
This discussion has been closed.