As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Cats and Leaves vs Zombie Dragons

LionLion Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJJA_veYQ5s

Gonna edit shit in but I'd like us to have a new thread.

Cats! aka Charr
Charr_whitebg.jpg

Cats in Tyria have horns and four ears. They also have guns and have made a game of fucking humans over just like your cat does with yarn.

Asura
Asura_whitebg.jpg

Asura are mad scientists. You are already a part of their experiments. Yes I am talking about you. Are you breathing? Then you are currently an Asuran experiment.

Human
Human_whitebg.jpg

If you don't know what a human is, you soon will once Earth Security arrives in 2 minutes.

Norn
Norn_whitebg.jpg

Huge, large, huge and large. The Norn love and worship animals as much as that one guy on NatGeo that lives with bears.

Sylvari
Sylvari_whitebg.jpg

Remember when Soylent Green was people? Yeah, that's how the Sylvari feel about Vegans. They're the new kids on the block.

Known Professions

Elementalist
Elementalist_02_concept_art.jpg

The elementalist is a spell casting, scholar profession, who is able to attune at will to the different elements to change the spells they have available to cast. The elementalist can cast fire to damage multiple enemies at once, wind and lightning as powerful focused damage, water to hinder enemies' movement and earth to increase their own defense.

Warrior
Warrior_wallpaper_detail.jpg

The warrior is a soldier profession, who masters a wide range of weapons and in the heat of battle they are able to use adrenaline to make them even more deadly. The warrior relies on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle

Ranger
Ranger_wallpaper_detail.jpg

The ranger is a nature-themed adventurer profession[1] which combines their use of pets with mobile combat and a focus on ranged attacks. The ranger can use a wide variety of weapons, but they tend to favor bows. Their repertoire of utility skills focuses on pet buffs, traps and spirits of nature.

Necromancer
Necromancer_wallpaper_detail_mirrored.jpg

The necromancer is a spell casting scholar profession who focuses on death magic: summoning the dead, wielding the power of lost souls, and literally sucking the lifeblood of the enemy. Their special ability is to use collected life force to enter into the Death Shroud which grants them a different set of unique skills.

I was promised a Zombie Dragon!
800px-The_Shatterer_concept.jpg

There's your low level zombie dragon. That's right. There's another zombie dragon that is stronger.

It's up to us to ruin their day.

Let's Draw

This is a collection of art from Guild Wars 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxIhTZEEWL8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PWUBOdzmI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61H5yzj0jyQ

PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
Lion on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Reserved for info.

Lion on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And you call this abomination a GW2 thread OP.

For shame.

EDIT: Give me a few min and i'll get a new, ever more stunning GW2 thread started up so we can all go back to awaiting it's glorious coming.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I wanted to include all the info from your thread but I couldn't quote it after the lock.

Also: No offense, but it was 6 hours after the old thread was locked.

Lion on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lion wrote: »
    I wanted to include all the info from your thread but I couldn't quote it after the lock.

Take heart, there is a new thread. BEHOLD!

New PA Guild Wars 2 Thread.

I'm reconstructing the old one from scratch and making adjustments to it.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Who cares about OPs, no one reads them anyway. Let's just have a thread.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Fine by me.

I'm still apprehensive about stealth but it is nice to know the stereotypical backstab won't be in the game.

Lion on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just wish there's a bunch of fun shadowstep/dash abilities. Those are always fun.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Who cares about OPs, no one reads them anyway. Let's just have a thread.

Plenty of people appreciate the info I dig up. And now they can again, since my thread is now mostly done again.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I can't wait for this game.

The oddest part is that it does not require a monthly fee, yet seem to offer everything any other given MMO with a fee has

It is a mystery

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    I can't wait for this game.

The oddest part is that it does not require a monthly fee, yet seem to offer everything any other given MMO with a fee has

It is a mystery

A mystery that can be solved by reading my OP and posting in my thread. :P

Basically, it boils down to them relying on box sales, NCSoft support structures and microtransactions.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well I hope that plan works out for them. If the MMO is really successful it could change the way many future MMO's handle the economic infrastructure

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]