As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spring into Action Figures!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Bad Kitty wrote:
    Because apparently one facial expression isn't enough for the Japanese. Every figure has like two heads, which are exchangable with the other DoA figures. Every point of articulation except for the knees and ankles are able to be popped off and exchanged. Some of them, like Kasumi, have extra thighs and 6 different hands to make for some interestingly agile and risque poses. They aren't nearly as durable as American toys, but they really really pretty to look at.

Where can I find info about these DOA figures?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Bad Kitty wrote:
    Because apparently one facial expression isn't enough for the Japanese. Every figure has like two heads, which are exchangable with the other DoA figures. Every point of articulation except for the knees and ankles are able to be popped off and exchanged. Some of them, like Kasumi, have extra thighs and 6 different hands to make for some interestingly agile and risque poses. They aren't nearly as durable as American toys, but they really really pretty to look at.

Where can I find info about these DOA figures?

They are Kaiyodo-Takara action figures. I have all 6. You can buy them individually, but they come cheaper in a set.
    Go here

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    brain snailbrain snail Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Bad Kitty wrote:
    shelf000fm.jpg
    Oh, I want that Wonder Woman figure. I tried checking Wal-Mart for her but all they had was the silly Justice Lords version with the mullet. Boo.

She came in a JLU 3 pack from Target, with Batman and Bizarro. It would be a complete and total lie if I told you that I didn't just buy it for Bizarro though .

brain snail on
  • Options
    Lieutenant SyrupLieutenant Syrup Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Servo wrote:
    Here is the world's worst cellphone picture of my 12'' Grappling Hook Batman, with Fillerbunny for size comparison.

Too bad I don't have batteries for the actual camera.

batbunny9it.jpg

pant

pant

pant

Wh... who's there?! Who's there!

What are you?!

I am the fog.

The Dark Fog Strikes Again!

Lieutenant Syrup on
    Ideologies
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2006
    my house was on fire, but I wanted to take the picture before I lost all my precious things and also my life

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Servo wrote:
    my house was on fire, but I wanted to take the picture before I lost all my precious things and also my life

I like where your head's at!

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    Lieutenant SyrupLieutenant Syrup Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Your dedication is admirable, but there's still a little thing called pride in your work, young man!

I expect to see an artsy picture of Batman fighting aqua-creatures by noon tomorrow!

If you're not traumatized, feel free to have him fighting fire creatures.

Lieutenant Syrup on
    Ideologies
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    This thread needs more Mezco Goon and Hellboy, dammit!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    OH MY GOD

ALL TOYS ARE 60% OFF AT TOWER RECORDS

SALE LASTS UNTIL END OF TOMORROW

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    What happened with that new DC line that was to be like an 'answer' to Marvel Legends? Some pretty sweet figures in that set, including Azrael in his own classic costume? Have they come out or is there a date?

5557091.jpg

Seras Victoria from the manga Hellsing. Not actually an action figure, but y'know. You cant tell from the crumy camera photo but the paintjob is superb. I dont have my figures with me at uni aside from this one because its new, but I have the Marvel Legends Deadpool, Star Wars Unleashed Bossk, Darth Tyrannus and Yoda vs Sidious, a Vash the Stampede recoloured figure and Soul Calibur 2 Nightmare.

Azrael on
  • Options
    KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Oh man...I don't have a camera, but I've got the best setup, I tell ya:

Jurassic Park model T-Rex from when I was...maybe seven

Riding said T-Rex is a skeleton with a guitar (I don't know)

Under the T-Rex is Revolver Ocelot defying gravity
    And a chewed up Jawa

(I have the same gambit, but he is in a drawer somewhere because he kept falling up off his ragin' stand)

I want a solid snake figure...I never found one

also, strange request: Do they make The Question or John Constantine figures? (bwhahaha, yes, I know, the two least likely characters for action figures you could imagine, but think about it...surly british guy standin' there, smokin', and no-face mcparanoid...just bein' three kinds of awesome without doing anything)

Karnack on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2006
    jlfigs.jpg
    c3trades.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Here's a bit of my collection -

The Dark Knight Returns
    CopyofP1010018.jpg

My Tim Sale Black and White Batman
    batmanbw.jpg

A few DC Direct First Appearance figures
    1stapp.jpg

Some random Marvel Legends
    mlgnds.jpg

Spiderman watching over the window
    spiderman.jpg

Beast
    beast.jpg

I've got an Alan Scott statue and a JLU Flash maquette coming this weekend. Ebay can be addicting.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I just got a new Flash, and my JLU Justice Lords figures are in the mail.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I was THIS: [-] close to picking up an Elseworlds Red Son Superman at Hot Topic last night... the $15 price tag made me balk, though. To cheer me up, the fiancee bought me a animated TT Speedy. He's decent, and will go well with my JLU Green Arrow at work (even though they're the same height).

Tach on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I've got:

Boba Fett Pez
    Boba Fett Lapel Pin
    Boba Fett Midget-type on the hood of the Ecto I with Dengar riding shotgun prepared to blast some suckas
    Yoda magic 8 ball thing, from the pizza hut toy line
    Lego Millenium Falcon
    Ep3 Jedi Starfighter, needs an Obi Wan
    Trinity running up the wall with bullet impacts following
    Hush line Harley Quinn, finally got her so she doesn't fall over every day
    Lego ARC-170
    The incredible Desktop Hulk Playground of Ultimate Destruction Play Set
    Cheshire Cat on top of monitor, Mad Hatter on blank cd tube
    Battle wounded Nicholas D. Wolfwood having a smoke
    Gumby riding a rainbow cock

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2006
    Mysst wrote:
    Gumby riding a rainbow cock

:winky:

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    If I think of it, I'll get some pics of the curio cabinet full of action figures. My wife got tired of the figures being all over the house, so she bought me a cabinet to keep them all in. I'll eventually have to find my original Star Wars figures and put them in there. I think I only have like four of them left after moving three times.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    My JLU Flash maquette finally arrived...I mean, its no Gumby riding a rainbow cock, but it's still pretty cool.

flash.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    My camera's batteries are being recharged in the other room so for right now you get shitties webcam pic ever.
    inactionfigures.jpg

We've got old school wolverine hanging out on the side, in the rear Thrall of Warcraft 3 is keeping watch, in my old house he used to guard the wine. To the side you can see chung li about to give a devastation kick to an unaware Ryu and front and center we see Hartigan in his black and white glory about to lift his canon.

Oh also you can see gandolf's sword. I'll replace with better picture tommorow.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2006
    the forums just went down for like an hour and I got so bored I opened up an old figure that's been sitting in my corner for the last year or so. this is the series vii one.

DSC00183.jpg

needless to say, his reign over the empty peanut butter m&m's bag is uncontested.

Whippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Finally! Good ol' Alan Scott has arrived -

P1010003.jpg

Yes..the ring is removable, and I would be lying to you folks if I said I didn't try to create magical constructs with it.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    KirkKirk Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    awful pictures

figures.jpg

Kirk on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Kirk wrote:
    awful pictures

figures.jpg

It's funny how action figures have changed since the old lines. I remember my old brown costume wolverine figure with removable mask. Lost the mask the first damn day.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    the forums just went down for like an hour and I got so bored I opened up an old figure that's been sitting in my corner for the last year or so. this is the series vii one.

DSC00183.jpg

needless to say, his reign over the empty peanut butter m&m's bag is uncontested.

He also seems to be curious as to what the fuck you're doing.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2006
    Kirk wrote:
    awful pictures

figures.jpg

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, you broke off forge's robotic leg. how apropos!

Whippy on
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    These pictures make me feel old. I have/had so many X-Men figures, it's not even funny. I have the Woverine in the brown and yellow costume with the removeable mask still in the blister. I even have the first Beast and Rogue figures, still in their blisters. I got them when they first came out, when I was ten.

I wonder how much stuff like that is worth now, if anything. They were hard as hell to find back in the day.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    Karnack wrote:
    also, strange request: Do they make The Question or John Constantine figures? (bwhahaha, yes, I know, the two least likely characters for action figures you could imagine, but think about it...surly british guy standin' there, smokin', and no-face mcparanoid...just bein' three kinds of awesome without doing anything)

Dunno about the Question, but DC Direct made a John Constantine figure.

I was excited to get him, but he's actually kind of disappointing. No accessories, hardly posable, and instead of smirking it more looks like he's trying to crap his pants.

Knob on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2006
    I have a jango fett action figure with a removable head

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    dudes, my Justice Lords got here. I'll take a picture after work.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Karnack wrote:

Dunno about the Question, but DC Direct made a John Constantine figure.

I was excited to get him, but he's actually kind of disappointing. No accessories, hardly posable, and instead of smirking it more looks like he's trying to crap his pants.

Ask and ye shall receive -

dcdirect_question.jpg

He's an older one, so I believe your only chance of getting one is through ebay, unless you've got a local comic shop that still has older figures.
    Jordyn wrote:
    dudes, my Justice Lords got here. I'll take a picture after work.

I went to Toys R Us yesterday to pick some up. I ended up getting the Green Lantern 3 pack and the Green Arrow, Flash, and Dr. Fate 3 pack. There was only one Justice Lords pack, but Superman had a really bad paint smudge of some sorts on his face and emblem...so I passed.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    That Dr. Fate/Green Arrow/Flash 3-pack has completely vanished in my area, which sucks as I really wanted to pick it up. Can't find the Mirror Master figure anywhere either.

brain snail on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    That Dr. Fate/Green Arrow/Flash 3-pack has completely vanished in my area, which sucks as I really wanted to pick it up. Can't find the Mirror Master figure anywhere either.

I was lucky enough to get it myself. It was tucked away on the back of the shelf underneath a bunch of the new "DC Superheroes" JLU line. I saw part of the blue box and new it was an older one. As for Mirror Master..are you looking for a single? I believe he's only in the Lex Luthor 3pack, but I could be wrong.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

I was lucky enough to get it myself. It was tucked away on the back of the shelf underneath a bunch of the new "DC Superheroes" JLU line. I saw part of the blue box and new it was an older one. As for Mirror Master..are you looking for a single? I believe he's only in the Lex Luthor 3pack, but I could be wrong.

Yup, the 3-pack. The GLC set is everywhere, but I have yet to see the Mirror Master, Luthor, Copperhead set.

brain snail on
  • Options
    Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Kirk wrote:
    awful pictures

figures.jpg

I swear I used to have that wolverine
    or at least someone else in that exact costume

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Kirk wrote:
    awful pictures

figures.jpg

I swear I used to have that wolverine
    or at least someone else in that exact costume
    That could be nearly anyone who's ever been an X-Man.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Seriously, look at Forge on the top.

Same fucking costume

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    KirkKirk Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I broke Forge's bad leg. : (

And it was within the year.

usagi.jpg

Kirk on
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    How... sophisticated.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SeravenSeraven Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I'm pretty damn sure I had that exact same Wolverine. It's too bad that he, well... exploded. :lol:

Seraven on
This discussion has been closed.