As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• Options
    Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee,

Your gift is in the mail, though it has a long way to travel to make it to your country.

You didn't accept my steam friend request or else I was going to gift you with some steam goodness while you awaited it's arrival :(

Death Cab For Albie on
    ...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Adda wrote: »
    Dear Santee,

me and Louie are going to Forbidden Planet this weekend. You should be very excited as that place is filled with fun stuff.

hugs and kisses

Santa

http://forbiddenplanet.com?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In the spirit of the season, I've modified an iPhone/iPod winterboard theme so that it snow falls on the springboard. Let me know of you want it!

is it wrong i read that as waterboard?

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gift Get!

A new box appears!
    DSC_0001.jpg

A challenger!!!
    DSC_0002.jpg

Snake gets introduced to his new friends:
    DSC_0009.jpg

Stormwatcher! Thank you!!! Snake is enjoying his entry into the battle for my shelf space!

Icemopper on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    God. I just want to show you all what I am doing for my santee. It is spiffy.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They are selling MS points in 1400 point chunks now? How expensive is that? This is one of those things that really pisses me off about MS, they used to sell 2000 points for 20 bucks, then decided the could just without notice or reason change it to 1800 for 20 bucks just to make more money.

Looks like MS have done it again then, because 1400pts cost US$20 now

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Huh, US prices don't seem to have changed. This is only Aus where they've changed?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't know what they're doing everywhere else, but in the US 1600 points has always been $20.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jclast wrote: »
    I don't know what they're doing everywhere else, but in the US 1600 points has always been $20.

Not always, you used to get 2000 for $20.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did you ever replace those lost consoles, Spaniard?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In the spirit of the season, I've modified an iPhone/iPod winterboard theme so that snow falls on the springboard. Let me know of you want it!
    My ipod could use some Christmas cheer. I'm confused though. Is it an app or what?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

No, the conversion has always been $1 for 80 points in the States. You're misremembering something.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    anoffday wrote: »
    In the spirit of the season, I've modified an iPhone/iPod winterboard theme so that snow falls on the springboard. Let me know of you want it!
    My ipod could use some Christmas cheer. I'm confused though. Is it an app or what?

It requires a jailbroken iPhone or iPod touch and the essential Cydia app "Winterboard."

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Figgy wrote: »

No, the conversion has always been $1 for 80 points in the States. You're misremembering something.

I can't be the only person that remembers year 1 when the 360 first came out being 2000 points for 20 dollars.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Figgy wrote: »

I can't be the only person that remembers year 1 when the 360 first came out being 2000 points for 20 dollars.

2000 points was $25. As it is today.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I dont recall MS points ever being a 1 for 1 at all. I know Wii points have always been, though.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Started my santee painting. I think I'd call it about half way done. Goodness the time this takes...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm just still mad they didn't call Wii points "Coins"

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    laiceps1983laiceps1983 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gift and a TNT explosion of holiday cheer!

So I walk up to my door today and see a pretty little box from Amazon. Little did I know that this little box would be filled with one of the best gifts I have ever received. I just wish that I wasnt alone when I opened it so I could have some pictures of my face. They would have been sure to spread more holiday cheer to the masses.

PS3 BABY!
    IMG_20101123_163101.jpg
    IMG_20101123_163110.jpg
    IMG_20101123_163435.jpg
    IMG_20101123_163511.jpg

harvest,

Thank you so much for this amazing present. I cannot remember being so excited for a gift in a long time, it was like being a little kid again. My friends have been nagging on me to get a PS3 for a very long time but I never could seem to manage it into the budget. As you said your gift may end up being a curse to the wallet in the long run, but it is one that I will never dispel :P

You have certainly given me a ton of holiday cheer. I cannot wait to get it hooked up and start the downloading and friending mayhem. It just so happens that I am moving into a new place this week and I had not yet figured out my DVD player situation, so this gift is many blessings in disguise.

Many thanks for all the good times that will be sure to follow in the wake of this gift!

laiceps1983 on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Awesome gift, Laiceps! :D

Also, the gifts for my Santee have been shipped today! With any luck, they'll arrive sometime mid next week. Time to start F5ing the tracking page...

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    laiceps1983laiceps1983 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    harvest wrote: »
    Santee, why haven't you posted? Did you not like what I sent you? Did you die of shock it was so bad? Are you already dead and buried, mouldering away?

I just got it today! I am moving this week so I wasnt at the address that it got delivered to until after work today. I wrote up a reply and posted pictures. I very well could have died from shock. I was borderline shaking with a shit eating grin on my face that I still cant wipe off lol.

See my post for a write up but again thank you so much. I cant possibly thank you enough!

laiceps1983 on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    laiceps, that is awesome. How generous!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    great googly moogly

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Awesome gift.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So someone has matched the PS3 from last year.

Secret Santa G&T 2020: Someone gets a lambo.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Way to set the bar high there... :P No, it's really awesome that people are so generous!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    So someone has matched the PS3 from last year.

Secret Santa G&T 2020 & 2021: Someone gets a lambo.

Fixed it for ya Ari.

remlap13 on
  • Options
    parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee,

I will be shipping your gift soon. Sorry it's taken awhile, you've been difficult to shop for.

From Santa.

parabola on
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Holy crap that is amazing! What a gift! Harvest your generosity knows no bounds.

To all: I will be out of town this Thanksgiving and will return to fulfill my Santa duties on Monday. The twitter and my PM box will be silent in my absence.

See y'all Monday!

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Can hypatia be tapped for new thread creation duties in your absence? I have a feeling we might hit page 99 before you return.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think we can break the 100 page rule for this thread.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Someone just slapped JAEF in the face. :D

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Last year Tube said "nuh-uh", locked the thread, and started a new one. And then the OP couldn't be edited, the title couldn't be changed, and there was a bunch of drama for several pages.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    We'll just have to make sure someone who isn't Tube makes a new OP, when it comes to that. coughHypatiacoughcough.

Anyway, update! I took my santee's gift box to the post office this past Saturday, and got a tracking number. For the past weekend, all day yesterday and earlier today, it said
    2010/11/20 11:28 WINNIPEG Item accepted at the Post Office

But now it says
    2010/11/23 16:41 WINNIPEG Item processed at postal facility

Yayyy! It changed! If that six business day thing turns out to be true, it should still arrive next Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I hope.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hmmm hypatia has been super busy lately. Er, can someone who is super trustworthy and will be around when this thread breaks 100 pages PM me ASAP?

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Did you ever replace those lost consoles, Spaniard?

Yeah over the course of the year I had to replace 10 grand of stolen property out of pocket. Well I clearly did not spend that much, and I'm nowhere near what I used to be at, I mean I'm not just going to up and buy all 80 of the games that were stolen outright. But yes I did get a new PS3, 360, and Wii. *sigh*

P.S. I have to once again thank the 2 people here that out of the goodness of their heart sent me a game out of pity from my massive list of stolen games.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You got a ps3 for xmas. thats awesome.

Oh and to my santee, my xbox just died, so if my gift is xbox related you might just want to know (in case you havn't picked it up yet). Its my second to die. Just me and my wii :( Might save up for a ps3.

Edit: aww spaniard that sucks.

HardKase on
    Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Huh, US prices don't seem to have changed. This is only Aus where they've changed?

I stand corrected, they're $20 for 1600 points off Amazon.com

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    At least twice a year I'll hear a story like Spaniard's. This year I went out and bought myself a huge-as-fuck safe to store my library in. It's not as... pleasurable as having my library on a bookshelf for easy perusal, but the thing is bolted to the floor and wall - it's not going anywhere.

My PS3 is replaceable - $250, and I've got a new one. My library's value isn't so much monetary, as time spent finding all these games.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    At least twice a year I'll hear a story like Spaniard's. This year I went out and bought myself a huge-as-fuck safe to store my library in. It's not as... pleasurable as having my library on a bookshelf for easy perusal, but the thing is bolted to the floor and wall - it's not going anywhere.

My PS3 is replaceable - $250, and I've got a new one. My library's value isn't so much monetary, as time spent finding all these games.

They also stole some rare ass shit, like an unopened LE of Demon's Souls, that at the time was going for over 150 bucks on eBay. And it happened right before Christmas so they also stole presents I had bought for the family.

Oh my stuff wouldn't have fit into a safe, they stole so much. They actually dumped out my waist high hamper and filled it up with shit and stole that too.

The_Spaniard on
This discussion has been closed.