As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tangled: Audiences do like ducklings. Yay!

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    holy shit that japanese trailer makes this look fucking GREAT

Kusuguttai on
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    If you want spoilerish things, here are scenes seen in trailers that are NOT in the movie:
    Him running from his accomplices with "Enjoy prison! I'll miss the sound of your laughter!"

The entire sequence where she's beating him up with her hair from the rafters and then drags him off into the darkness.

The clip where she flings him out of the tower window, still tied up in the chair.

Him standing on the ground saying, "Let down your--", getting clobbered by her hair, and the horse laughing at him.

oh thank goodness

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Are you guys excited for Disney's next movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFz--GCkOM

Because it looks great

DrIanMalcolm on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I saw an article the other day where some Disney bigwig was saying they don't plan to make any more "princess" animated movies after this for the foreseeable future, because A) boys won't go to see them and B) girls are too cool to want to be princesses anymore.

Of course the headline totally ignored B and made the story into "No more princess movies because boys think they're yucky," because everything is always men's fault.

But I thought the story was pretty funny nonetheless.

Gaslight on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    faster is going to be shit because it's a movie with dwanye johnson called faster

that's Black Adam you're talking ish on

Garlic Bread on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I'll probably see this. I still wish it were traditionally animated.
    Some people at DeviantArt thought similarly:

dartt.jpg

Personally, I think the 3D works, especially with the water scenes.
    Jimothy wrote: »
    How is the music, by the way?

Music's good, though I don't think it's got anything as catchy as some of the classic Disney songs. On the other hand, that might just be from having only watched it once through. Gonna listen in on it through the weekend.

SabreMau on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i need to see this movie

Rent on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've been excited to see this but I was worried it would suck.

VisionOfClarity on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well, I might now actually see this.

The German version is still named Rapunzel. Yay. But they gave it a pretty stupid subtitle.

Platy on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think Faster looks pretty entertaining, personally.

I watched Faster today and honestly I thought it was only OK.
    It's far from a terrible movie but the "Killer" character is COMPLETELY POINTLESS. You could have taken him out of the whole film and not missed a thing. Seriously without him I would have liked the movie a lot more.

But otherwise the Rock did a good job and Thorton wasn't exactly on his A-game but far from embarrassing.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SLOW JUSTICE IS NO JUSTICE

DrIanMalcolm on
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sabre, you have inspired me. I will have to watch this movie. (I think I may have already heading there anyways with the significant other). But this actually makes me feel better about going to watch a movie that didn't look that fantastic on the commercials.

Syphyre on
    edited November 2010
    One more thing about Faster and I swear I'll get back on topic after this; I so want the Ruger Alaskan snub-nose magnum Rock was using in the movie.

Back to Tangled, I'll be seeing this with my folks on Friday.

wirehead26 on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    edited November 2010
    Holy crap I'd forgotten all about "Treasure Planet". Did that deserve all the bad press it got?

wirehead26 on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Is Tangled a hentai movie where this girl has tentacles growing out of her head that she uses to force sex on a dude?

Cause that's what it looked like.

Reminds me of Shambleau.

That was kind of a weird story.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Holy crap I'd forgotten all about "Treasure Planet". Did that deserve all the bad press it got?

nooooooooooope

I loved it

Antimatter on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    treasure planet was, indeed, very good

Raneados on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Treasure Planet was a fantastic movie, why did it get bad press?

Also noone who badmouthed Tangled should feel bad because every impression its marketing gave was that it was lame

The princess is actually the lead? Owny. Will watch

mensch-o-matic on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mensch stop validating me, you're making me feel all weird

Raneados on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pffft I'm not doing it for you

mensch-o-matic on
  • SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I so want the Ruger Alaskan snub-nose magnum Rock was using in the movie.

My dad wants that gun for Christmas, we were just talking about it today

Saint on
    edited November 2010
    this sucks :(

i totally wanted faster to be good

the rock needs a few more good movies under his belt, he's a good actor making shitty decisions

Raneados on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Saint wrote: »

I don't know why the fuck my mind just immediately went to gun-themed christmas carols when reading these posts.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited November 2010
    Saint wrote: »

Best quote about the gun I found from youtube comments of all places:
    The .454 Casull

When you need to put a fist size hole in someone and set their clothes on fire at the same time, accept no substitutes.

Keep in mind I don't support using the gun for anything other than hunting and self-defense.

wirehead26 on
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So I saw an article the other day where some Disney bigwig was saying they don't plan to make any more "princess" animated movies after this for the foreseeable future, because A) boys won't go to see them and B) girls are too cool to want to be princesses anymore.

Of course the headline totally ignored B and made the story into "No more princess movies because boys think they're yucky," because everything is always men's fault.

what
    I'm so confused
    are you posting from a world where Princess and the Frog was not released twelve months ago

Avraham on
    :bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    this sucks :(

i totally wanted faster to be good

the rock needs a few more good movies under his belt, he's a good actor making shitty decisions

[strike]hey, it's got a 52%. that's not terrible. it's not great, but it's not terrible.[/strike]

EDIT: strike that, RT is now showing 42%

I'm still going to see it

Centipede Damascus on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    faster is going to be shit because it's a movie with dwanye johnson called faster

nope gonna be fun smd

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I still haven't seen Princess and the Frog, am I a bad person?

Inkyblots on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    depends, did you see Emperor's New Groove

YaYa on
    edited November 2010
    Yes, I thought it was pretty good when I was a kid but I haven't seen it in ages.

Inkyblots on
    edited November 2010
    Avraham wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

what
    I'm so confused
    are you posting from a world where Princess and the Frog was not released twelve months ago

Yes, and I imagined the article which is linked below in a fever dream.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-et-1121-tangled-20101121,0,6692508.story?page=1

The messenger will now retire to bandage his bullet wound.

Gaslight on
    edited November 2010
    "By the time they're 5 or 6, they're not interested in being princesses," said Dafna Lemish, chairwoman of the radio and TV department at Southern Illinois University and an expert in the role of media in children's lives. "They're interested in being hot, in being cool. Clearly, they see this is what society values."

Inkyblots on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gaslight you're kind of a dick

YaYa on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Saw it tonight, it was pretty good. I wouldn't go as far as to say "The Best Disney Animated Film in the Last 15 Years" good, (After all, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lilo & Stitch and Princess & the Frog all happened in the last fifteen years.) but better than I expected going in.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited November 2010
    YaYa wrote: »
    Gaslight you're kind of a dick

What did I do? I mention I had read this strange article about how Disney doesn't think fairy tale movies are cool anymore and the guy acts like I made the whole thing up, so I posted the link.

I never said I agreed with the article or it made sense or anything, if people have beef take it up with Disney execs, not me. Or alternately, take it up with society, if the quote that Inkyblots posted is to be believed and little girls are only concerned with tarting themselves up to look "hawt" by the time they're 7 years old (bleagh).

Gaslight on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Saw it tonight, it was pretty good. I wouldn't go as far as to say "The Best Disney Animated Film in the Last 15 Years" good, (After all, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Lilo & Stitch and Princess & the Frog all happened in the last fifteen years.) but better than I expected going in.

Not to mention The Emperor's New Groove

That said I'm still pretty excited to see this and have been since the beginning

I just love the look of it so much

UnbreakableVow on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Treasure Planet was a fantastic movie, why did it get bad press?
    It didn't get that much bad press, it simply bombed. Cost $140 million and only got $38 million in domestic ticket sales. People just didn't go see it for whatever reason.

SabreMau on
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Do we have a thread for 127 Hours? Because I saw that and it was fantastic.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This movie was fantastic. I want to make babies with glen keane.
    I saw it last night for my bday at the el capitan Disney theatre on Hollywood. They handed out nice big gold coins with the tangled logo on one side and the 50th animated feature design on the other.

The story was much better than I had anticipated it being...since glen keane personally supervised and drew over the animation, it was of course fantastic, and I adored the subtle touch of Claire keane's paintings all over the inside of the tower (rapunzle's art...very Mary blair influenced)
    I love Disney, they are my lanterns in the sky dream :)

beavotron on