As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW-EU] www.obsidianspur.eu

• Options
    AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I know right, insanity.
    She's also quite hot, wtf.

Astns on
  • Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    God damn it astns cant keep his mouth shut
    Senshi wrote: »
    Wait

what

are you fucking serious

no way is a girl that cool. no way
    what are you implying, wavefront?

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm implying no fucking way

look I know some girls right

IRL

they're not as cool as you are

they're just not

mymindisfulloffuck.jpg

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay so seriously considering trading in my PSP and my games for cata and a gamecard

I think this is what could be classified as a bad idea

Senshi on
  • Options
    KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wave you know it's a great idea, i'm saying that and I haven't logged on for the past two weeks or so.

Need to fix that, need to finish levelling my priest and get her some shoulders/cloak so I can start on my next alt.

Kaglicious on
  • Options
    XzarXzar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wait wait wait what, Obsidian Spur is back up...AGAIN? I've been looking for an excuse to reactivate my account, maybe this is it. I miss playing with you awesome people :(

Daz out.

Xzar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I should probably say here that my subscription ran out and I'm not sure if I will renew it, quite the GM amirite?

The thing is, instead of being mainly a pa-guild, this became some sort of friends and family guild for welsh people, which I don't care for.

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't really respond to that without sounding like a dick towards Var's bros

but I kind of agree. I'm not for kicking them out or anything—nor do I feel that I really have a say in the matter due to almost a year of inactivity—but keeping it PA sure seemed to work better last time I checked. We may have had diverging opinions about guild direction with Neeps and Exe, but fact of the matter is we had good times and actually got to do some fairly solid raiding. Dunno what the status is on a few of our old players (Evi, et. al.) but if we could get the core back to what it was with Huk, Daz, Echo, and the rest of them, I'd feel better about it. Don't think you should give up quite yet, Kolb. This is probably still salvageable.

In other news I just finished watching Bad Boys 2 again, it's been a while since the last time I saw it. I had a bit of a revelation during its playback, namely that I feel Ast is like Will Smith, all rich and dedicated, living the hotshot cop (troll) life whereas I'm more like Martin Lawrence—the guy who struggles due to being a poorfag and the emotional trauma that Ast puts me through

the thing is though that instead of dating a sister I don't have, ast is dating my brother

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Not gonna comment on 'The Welsh question', whilst I hate the Welsh as a people and a nation as much as the next God-fearing Englishman, the Welsh contingent in the guild are decent enough folks to my mind.

That being said, PA's WoW-EU branch has fallen pretty far. The Spur is pretty much dead again because there is no gm, no officers and no way to promote anyone to those positions (I'm looking at you Kolb).
    It's current incarnation as <Protagonist> can't really be called a PA guild because there are only 3 PA'ers in it & the GM objects to the notion of having too many PA people as it is.

But if enough of you guys came back. Enough of the old core as Senshi said, we could have the Spur back up and running in no time. I'd certainly be part of it.
    Senshi wrote:
    the thing is though that instead of dating a sister I don't have, ast is dating my brother

That depends, does your brother look as good in tight pants as you do?

Astns on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'd totally be up for getting the old crew back together, I might be able to convince Echo to come back.

Xzar on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm not old crew but me and Louie are on the lookout for a new EU home to return to wow with Cata, so please keep the thread informed of how things are going and we will see about moving a char over each bearing gold and heirlooms for our goblins :D

PS. Me and Lou are both Welsh (oh noes) but we sound english and live in london :P

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    /IF/ the old crew came back together, then that'd be great, I'd be all up for that. In re to the Welsh thang, yes, it did turn into that, 'cos that's what <Protagonist> was originally supposed to be, and it got turned into a PA guild along the way, but no point in QQing over spilt [Ice Cold Milk].

Either way, if we get enough people back, I'd happily rejoin a PA community of Obsidian Spur, and /not/ Protagonist, which has now become the Welsh Haven.

Varethius on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Adda wrote: »
    I'm not old crew but me and Louie are on the lookout for a new EU home to return to wow with Cata, so please keep the thread informed of how things are going and we will see about moving a char over each bearing gold and heirlooms for our goblins :D

PS. Me and Lou are both Welsh (oh noes) but we sound english and live in london :P

I too was once Welsh, but the smog of London washes away the taint. You are most welcome (assuming there will be a guild to welcome you to, work-in-progress).
    Xzar wrote:
    I'd totally be up for getting the old crew back together, I might be able to convince Echo to come back.

Theres life in the old beast yet! We can get things going for sure.

Now all we need is a sacrificial virgin and someone to prepare the proper rituals that we might call Bron forth from the deeps.

Astns on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nobody's blaming you or begrudging you a Welsh friends and family guild, but it just seems like the majority of both groups—PA & the Welshmen—seem to want the same thing, and that is a guild with as little of the other group as possible. Not saying there're any feelings of enmity at all, we just want to do our thing and they want to do theirs. What it boils down to is that you might have to split your time between the two of us, but don't think for a second we're going to ostracize you. You may be a filthy welsh faggot, Vare, but you're a PA bro all the same, and we want you to be able to chillax with the rest of us.

I'm not entirely on top of the situation as it stands right now, but would I be correct in assuming that Protagonist still exists? Was it renamed Obsidian Spur, or what's the deal?

Protagonist was your guild, Vare, I suppose we should let you keep it with your friends. Nothing says we can't coexist on Saurfang, though, so if indeed all that's happened is a rename, I propose we change the name back to Protagonist, then the PA people leave to make a new guild for themselves.

Senshi on
  • Options
    VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As it stands there are both <Protagonist>'s and <Obsidian Spur> hanging around. OS is the one where Kolb is the Guild leader. It'll take a GM 30 days to setup someone else as the leader though, so I don't know what we can really do there.

<Protagonist> will prolly stay as the Welsh haven, and we'll have to see what happens when people come back, see if we can setup OS or possibly see about a new name?

Varethius on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Both Obsidian Spur and Protag exist now.

The previous Protag was changed to Obsidian and still has Kolb at the helm but a couple of days ago Protag was remade as a brand new guild by Kryll.

Both camps are fine dudes; the ones I've played with anyway so would be happy to play with either, although I'd prob be leaning to the PA camp as long as we could have enough dudes to raid with but without being super serious.

(Ely/Balveda btw)

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay so I've been given the poop on the situation

Protagonist has been recreated (since the original was renamed Obsidian Spur) and currently houses all the (active) members, a mix between the Welsh and PA bros. My proposition is this: kolbelle here stops being an emo and renews so that he can invite the PA people back into Spur. He can keep being GM because to be frank, he's good at it, but some officers (one or two should suffice) should be appointed, so that guild management is possible in case the other people with administrative capabilities go AWOL.

Protag continues to be what it should have been before we basically invaded it, and Spur is reborn. We get as many of the old crew back and ready to go, and we coexist with Protag on Saurfang, maybe doing fun shit like 25-mans and PvP together once in a while. I'm sure there aren't any hard feelings between members of either group, so this will provide ease for e.g. Vare who can now hobnob with both us and his IRL bros.

Then we can rename the PA guild Obsidian Cartel and we'll be ready to rock some serious face

sound good?

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Okay so I've been given the poop on the situation

Protagonist has been recreated (since the original was renamed Obsidian Spur) and currently houses all the (active) members, a mix between the Welsh and PA bros. My proposition is this: kolbelle here stops being an emo and renews so that he can invite the PA people back into Spur. He can keep being GM because to be frank, he's good at it, but some officers (one or two should suffice) should be appointed, so that guild management is possible in case the other people with administrative capabilities go AWOL.

Protag continues to be what it should have been before we basically invaded it, and Spur is reborn. We get as many of the old crew back and ready to go, and we coexist with Protag on Saurfang, maybe doing fun shit like 25-mans and PvP together once in a while. I'm sure there aren't any hard feelings between members of either group, so this will provide ease for e.g. Vare who can now hobnob with both us and his IRL bros.

Then we can rename the PA guild Obsidian Cartel and we'll be ready to rock some serious face

sound good?

I'm Astns and I approve this message.

Astns on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Of course you do

you're fucking my brother

that like, makes you an in-law

or something

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hell yes we do this. I guess I'll go ahead and reactivate tomorrow and move my trollface warrior over to Saurfang (he's still on Azuremyst).

Xzar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Of course you do

you're fucking my brother

that like, makes you an in-law

or something

Haha yeah

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

So Kolb has resubbed, Wave has saved the day and all is right with the world.....of warcraft. Something about that seems wrong to me, it's like The Joker being the hero all along.

Astns on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    >implying I'm somehow a bad guy

oh wait

I totally am

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Xzar wrote: »
    Hell yes we do this. I guess I'll go ahead and reactivate tomorrow and move my trollface warrior over to Saurfang (he's still on Azuremyst).

Hell

It's about time.

Fortuitous timing, 'The Shattering' happens tomorrow iirc.

Astns on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Welp, I went away for 3 weeks and the guild had a shattering before the world did?

Oh well, i'll pop on thursday night then after patch day shenanigans and will apply for an invite into the cartel/spur (please tell me we're rolling with cartel)

Kaglicious on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Welp, character transfer underway :3

Xzar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    hooray

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Who're (if you remove the apostrophe in who're it becomes whore!) we making officers? Who's gonna be able to maintain high activity?

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Made astns an officer for now (oh lord), we'll see about the rest.

New Orgrimmar is glorious by the way, Stormwind was wasted while Org became an impenetrable fortress B)

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Kolbelle as GM, Astns as Officer? Bro-tier guild detected

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Kolbelle as GM, Astns as Officer? Bro-tier guild detected

Wave you dumbass, it's physically impossible for you to not be jailed/banned, isn't it?

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You nerds need to get on so my awful, awful tank can be rushed through heroics.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Can't, watching some koreans play Starcraft!

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is the EU guild alliance or horde?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    horde

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Which server/what did the guild name end up as

The details are scattered amongst this talk of the welsh

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's all in the OP, Obsidian Spur on Saurfang.

Prof. Awesome on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hello! I am Cowsly ingame.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Is the EU guild alliance or horde?

gumpy you better be joining us

(also, get on irc more)

Kaglicious on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    £30 poorer and two characters en route. Had to restrict myself to just my level 80's :(

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have not used IRC

in a billion years

Gumpy on