As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Human Target (It's back, dude.)

TaramoorTaramoor StorytellerRegistered User regular
edited December 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
What is Human Target?

Human Target is AWESOME, that's what it is.

http://www.fox.com/humantarget/

It stars these guys:
human_target_legs_poster2.jpg

Their mission is to save people, and also do awesome crap that is totally impossible, but it's so awesome that you don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpNe3r5jX1c

So at the end of last season Emerson Codd from Pushing Daisies got kidnapped by goons. Now John Scott from Fringe and Rorschach from Watchmen have to work with Armand Assante and Mysterious British Woman (Indira Varma) to rescue him.

Season 2 premieres tonight on FOX at 8/7c

Taramoor on

• tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This was one of the few shows that loved last season and was hoping it would stick around.

It has some of the best fights I've seen in a TV show. I'm a little on the fence on how these new characters will work out. It smells like executive meddling to me, but hopefully it turns out good.

I don't watch much TV live, but I think this will be the exception.

tallgeeze on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    From the changes I've heard about since last season I'm not too excited for this. I'll give it a shot but my hopes are not up

tofu on
  • ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The first season was like watching a season long Harrison Ford movie, and that makes it amazing

New season felt like it was trying to bring the x-treme though

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    After the first episode I am cautious. The first season was a huge surprise. The only reason I watched the pilot was because it was on before 24, but I was hooked.

The retooling is obvious and annoying, and I dislike how quickly they wrapped up the cliffhanger. BUT, hopefully next episode it will return to business-as-usual with a couple of new characters and it will be like not much changed. I don't have a problem with the new characters themselves. At least not yet.

Tomanta on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So this show is good, eh? I saw the commercials and thought it seemed kind of cheesy. I'll have to check it out.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited November 2010
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    So this show is good, eh? I saw the commercials and thought it seemed kind of cheesy. I'll have to check it out.

First season is my second-favorite new show from last year (first being Community). It's fantastic.

Yes, the commercials look/looked cheesy. That's because Fox can't condense the pure awesome that was the train fight from the pilot into a 30 second commercial.

Tomanta on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I do not like this show anymore

tofu on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I had forgotten about this. This episode was so so until Jackie Earle did an awesome punch. Now I am amused.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • EdS25EdS25 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Blergh. I used to love the opening theme. I had a feeling they would change it, and it's now 1000x worse. (Rest of the show was good although I'm hoping the new "boss" isn't really in it that much. She tends to show up in a lot of shows I watch and never really clicks with me.)

EdS25 on
    Currently Playing : FE:Awakening, AC:NL
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Blergh. I used to love the opening theme. I had a feeling they would change it, and it's now 1000x worse. (Rest of the show was good although I'm hoping the new "boss" isn't really in it that much. She tends to show up in a lot of shows I watch and never really clicks with me.)

Yeah what the hell did they do to the original awesome Bear McCreary opening :/

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have to agree. The original opening was so big and majestic. It reminded of some TV themes from the 70's-80's. They made it into some typical douche rocker stuff.

I kinda like this episode. Guerrero was top notch as always and I can't believe they showed the Lassiter's(from Psych) hand all mangled. I don't like how they dropped the whole secret book thing like a hot rock. It was the point of the last season's finale, but it's over in the opening scene.

The whole thing felt like a rush job to get the new characters on, which I'm not too thrilled about in the first place. The saving grace of the show are the fights, so if those stay great I will be satisfied I guess. Next week's stuff looks pretty good.

tallgeeze on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah only thing that bothered me about season 2 was the new theme. Otherwise, I love this show.

SniperGuy on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Still love the show.

Not quite sold on Thief-girl yet, but I am liking BossLady.

Yes, the show was awesome last season, but I'm not entirely opposed to them shaking things up a bit.

I do like everyone's response to Guerrero though. Just amazing every time he's on screen.

"That reminds me of a joke about your brother. Carl, right? What's that car of his? A green Miata? The punchline is 'Drove off a bridge', wanna hear it?"

Taramoor on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I caught the first episode of the season after watching he last season in its entirety. The premier was pretty good I thought, Guerrero was cool as always and I like the thief chick, might be an interesting dynamic, who knows. I think the show will get better.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The change in theme song is borderline tragic, and I was a bit disappointed by how much they rushed the resolution of last season's finale in an obvious effort to get to network-mandated changes, but everything I enjoy about the characters was still there and I expect to continue enjoying this show.

Ketar on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The show last night was good, Pucci is fine just being the background lady with the money who just checks in. Verdict's still out with thief girl. But the core three are still as good as last season. I did enjoy the scene trying to use all the new technology, and trying to scan in the picture.

Bad thing is that it got a 1.4 last night, down from a 1.8 on it's season premiere. That's near Lone Star territory, although HT's probably a lot cheaper to make.

TexiKen on
  • Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's going to get American Idol as a lead-in for a few episodes in Jan/Feb, so I'd probably wait on making a call on its renewal chances until those numbers come in.

Captain Tragedy on
    edited November 2010
    Decent episode. Not sold on thief-girl, but if she gets some character development quickly she will probably be less annoying.

Ratings are a concern, but a ratings drop on the day before Thanksgiving isn't really a big deal. Or maybe it's just that I've been expecting it to get cancelled since Day 1 that I'm just thankful it is still on the air. Much like The Good Guys.

Tomanta on
  • SimpsonsParadoxSimpsonsParadox Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just watched the last episode, and was kind of hoping that

Baptiste would've taken the offer. I'm really liking him as a character, even after catching up with last season and seeing what he's done.

Otherwise, I'm really not liking the new characters. I wish they had stuck with returning one off characters as opposed to giving us two new characters who seem to exist for the singular purpose of annoying the main characters.

SimpsonsParadox on
  • VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, I didn't even realize this was back on.

Holy fucking shit, watching episode 1 of the new season.

That sucker punch. I shot my drink out of my nose.

Verr on