As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Santaxtravaganza - OP UPDATED! Get to stalking!

• laiceps1983laiceps1983 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    harvest wrote: »
    harvest wrote: »
    Santee, why haven't you posted? Did you not like what I sent you? Did you die of shock it was so bad? Are you already dead and buried, mouldering away?

I just got it today! I am moving this week so I wasnt at the address that it got delivered to until after work today. I wrote up a reply and posted pictures. I very well could have died from shock. I was borderline shaking with a shit eating grin on my face that I still cant wipe off lol.

See my post for a write up but again thank you so much. I cant possibly thank you enough!
    Really happy that you're happy with it! Sorry for destroying your disposable income ;)

I will just have to find a way to live with it :P

laiceps1983 on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ross Mills wrote: »
    I have the best Santa.

My gift

It's like he looked into my brain (or Amazon Wishlist) and bought me exactly what I wanted!

<3 to my Santa, and my Santee has received his gift.

The circle is complete.

Wewt! That got there much quicker than I expected! I never got an estimated arrival date and there was just the one shipping option and it was pretty inexpensive... I was kind of worried that it was "Ship-By-Goat" and you'd get it sometime around SC3 came out.

Still! Happy you got it, and Merry Christmas!

Imperfect on
  • Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I have the best Santa.

My gift

It's like he looked into my brain (or Amazon Wishlist) and bought me exactly what I wanted!

The circle is complete.

Wewt! That got there much quicker than I expected! I never got an estimated arrival date and there was just the one shipping option and it was pretty inexpensive... I was kind of worried that it was "Ship-By-Goat" and you'd get it sometime around SC3 came out.

Thank you! How do you feel like screwing with the system?

Want a copy of Half Life 2, or Dogfighter? I have a few lying around.

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have the best Santa.

My gift

The circle is complete.

That's pretty bitchin'. Is it just a trick of the light or does the case actualy have two halves that slide open/closed like some kind of sci-fi door?

Szechuan on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have the best Santa.

My gift

The circle is complete.

I have Half Life 2, and I've never been terrible interested in Dogfighter, but thank-you for the offer.

I was going to say we should play a few games of SC2 together, but I'm pretty sure we're SOL in that respect - I think servers are still region-locked. However, apparently, they are "working on that", so when they fix that, I demand a fight!

(I haven't played MP since beta, you are going to STOMP me.)

And Szechuan, the box actual does have two halves with a cool sci-fi tooth-door effect yes, it is a bitchin' box. I normally throw game boxen away, but I'm keeping my copy of this collector's edition.

Imperfect on
  • Ross MillsRoss Mills Mr. California, USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have the best Santa.

My gift

The circle is complete.

I have Half Life 2, and I've never been terrible interested in Dogfighter, but thank-you for the offer.

I was going to say we should play a few games of SC2 together, but I'm pretty sure we're SOL in that respect - I think servers are still region-locked. However, apparently, they are "working on that", so when they fix that, I demand a fight!

(I haven't played MP since beta, you are going to STOMP me.)

And Szechuan, the box actual does have two halves with a cool sci-fi tooth-door effect yes, it is a bitchin' box. I normally throw game boxen away, but I'm keeping my copy of this collector's edition.

I've kept pretty much all my Blizzard boxes, they're useful for keeping RPG paper in, and they go very well in bookcases!

Ross Mills on
    twitter-a.png
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really need to get my stalking act together and ship something this week-end. I just don't knoooooowwww

can someone santa-ify my avatar? thanks!

Alegis on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santee, I sent your package today. That envelope is so stuffed I hope it doesn't tear (especially since I skimped on shipping because I'm poor after getting you ALL THE GIFTS).

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm just going to spoil this.

Santee, I am sending you three pallets of irregular socks from a wholesaler.

TheOtherHorseman on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm just going to spoil this.

Santee, I am sending you three pallets of irregular socks from a wholesaler.

Well, I'd say you went all out in terms of...

stocking!

Yeaaaaaa!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One last last for reals last note to Santa, since I'm sure he's noticed I pretty much only post in the TF2 thread:

I have literally no TF2 merch. At all. So if you were worried about me having something, don't.

UEAKCrash on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    in this case, Crash is referring to his lack of The Tooth Fairy merch

specifically any posters with the Rock standing in front of YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TOOTH in large blue font

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey kids!
    Over in the Steam thread a couple of us have purchased big gift packs of Defense Grid to give away. Anyone need some turrets? PM me with your Steam affiliated email.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hope I can buy the rest of my santee's gift soon. It has a long way to travel and I worry it won't get there in time.

Asiina on
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Santee:

I have shown the gift I intend to send you to four women so far. There was lots of swooning.

Guys reacted with wanting to high-five and overall awesomeness. I can't wait for your reaction. :)

Dunxco on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Radiation wrote: »
    List on page 92 is updated again. I'll continue to screw around with that each day. Who has the responsibility for the new thread when this one gets closed?

I think you just signed up for it! You're doing a great job already!

Icemopper on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SoaL wrote: »
    in this case, Crash is referring to his lack of The Tooth Fairy merch

specifically any posters with the Rock standing in front of YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TOOTH in large blue font

I do loves me some Dwayne Johnson.

not really.

UEAKCrash on
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Icemopper wrote: »
    List on page 92 is updated again. I'll continue to screw around with that each day. Who has the responsibility for the new thread when this one gets closed?

If nobody is willing, Proxy will be quoting the OP for a new thread (should the need arise while Doc is away).

Proxy the Elf on
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Word.
    DON'T go past page 100 until I get back guys...(should be in about 10 hours)
    Edit:Unless proxy is does it first...

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yay. It's snowing. Plus I saw an emu on the way home. That has nothing to do with winter or Christmas, but it still made me happy.

Santee! I'm proofreading your letter as we speak. When I'm done, I'll toss it in the package, tape everything up, and then it will be 100% ready to ship!

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

If nobody is willing, Proxy will be quoting the OP for a new thread (should the need arise while Doc is away).

Doc & I have arranged something for the new OP.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee,

Is your hand feeling tingly?

It is!? That's because you just got given an awesome internet hi5.

Your present is winging it's way to you as we speak.

I feel bad that it lacks too much of a personal touch but I am snowed under at work and with university assignments. I'm sure that when you see what I've got you that you will be able to find it in your heart to forgive me.

As an extra hint and as I like to stir the pot, you should know that you have already received a gift from me and that this is a big fat juicy cherry topping.

Oh and happy thanksgiving you crazy Americans.

Hugs and kisses

Santa

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dear Santee - I have also sent some Christmas joy your way. I hope it arrives before Christmas, I was quoted up to 21 days!

I also feel guilty about the lack of a personal touch but I'm sure you will forgive me as well. Just know that you were stalked and ideas were thrown around and I went for the lazy but extravagant option.

Much Love

Santa

Adda and I totally twinned it up on our shopping arf arf!

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
    edited November 2010
    Alright! The Christmas tree and ornaments have been dug out of the attic, a spot in the living room has been cleared for it, and my closet has been cleaned to hold the furniture and items cleared from the living room.

But now I'm too worn out to put the tree up.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    And I recieve my first gift! A unexpected Amazon package has arrived and has given me Ender's Game graphic novels. I enjoy Ender's Game, and graphic novels so woo! And it says that this is only half my gift! Well Santa, you are super generous and I eagerly await the next half!

Edit: Photo changed to link because it was SUPER big.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mr Custom Special. I sure hope you have some Defense Grid things to hand out. I love me some tower defense.

remlap13 on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I too have created a Steam wishlist that is motivated more by possible winnings than major desires. Just don't worry too much about it Santa.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I too have created a Steam wishlist that is motivated more by possible winnings than major desires. Just don't worry too much about it Santa.

I also created a greed list on steam. Santa, if you're using it as a guide, I do enjoy those styles of games, but by no means am I expecting anything like that.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited November 2010
    So to recap, Canadian-exclusive candy includes Aero, Coffee Crisp, and Kinder Eggs? Is there anything else people not in Canada would want to see, sweets-wise?

Szechuan on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Szechuan wrote: »
    So to recap, Canadian-exclusive candy includes Aero, Coffee Crisp, and Kinder Eggs? Is there anything else people not in Canada would want to see, sweets-wise?

Anything from the Kinder line would be the same, I think. Like the Bueno stuff.

I gave ketchup chips at one point too, but I think nowadays that isn't so weird down there. I remember when Americans were all, "GRAPE SODA?!?!"

Now, it's like a staple.

Also, my Santee added some games onto his/her Steam wishlist recently. I'm assuming it's for the contest. I will have you know, I got you this game way before you added it! So there!

Figgy on
    edited November 2010
    Figgy wrote: »

Anything from the Kinder line would be the same, I think. Like the Bueno stuff.

I gave ketchup chips at one point too, but I think nowadays that isn't so weird down there. I remember when Americans were all, "GRAPE SODA?!?!"

Now, it's like a staple.

Also, my Santee added some games onto his/her Steam wishlist recently. I'm assuming it's for the contest. I will have you know, I got you this game way before you added it! So there!

Do Americans get anything by Ganong? I live about an hour away from the factory. (My father's company replaced all their windows when I was a kid.)

Szechuan on
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Smarties, Macintosh Toffee, and Thrills gum are all Canadian only. I am out of thrills gum to give away this year, which is a shame. People will not be able to taste the soapy goodness.

Asiina on
    edited November 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    Smarties, Macintosh Toffee, and Thrills gum are all Canadian only. I am out of thrills gum to give away this year, which is a shame. People will not be able to taste the soapy goodness.

Well, Americans do have Smarties, but their Smarties are our Rockets.
    smarties.jpg

rockets-7.gif

Figgy on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Call that a Smarties?

THIS is a Smarties
    smarties-3.jpg

Also we have kinder eggs in the uk and we used to have aero but I'm not sure if we still do.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think this is a European invasion, but so glad we get it here in the UK.

2k303eb17751.jpg

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited November 2010
    Are UK smarties similar to M&Ms? At first glance, I thought they were the UK version of "Spree"

candywarehouse_2135_752660920

Do any other countries have these? (Spree > SweeTarts > American Smarties)

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
    edited November 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Are UK smarties similar to M&Ms? At first glance, I thought they were the UK version of "Spree"

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/candywarehouse_2135_752660920

Yes, kind of. They're just candy coated chocolate, but M&Ms are more plump. I like the latter better, to be honest. I find the all around quality of the candy/chocolate in Smarties to be lacking.

I still threw a couple boxes in your package, Santee. HA!

Figgy on
  • strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    In searching for items for my santee, I stumbled upon the fact that Japan has Choco Eggs, aka Kinder Eggs. In fact, I got him a box of ten of these exact ones.

super-mario-choco-egg.jpg

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited November 2010

Yes, kind of. They're just candy coated chocolate, but M&Ms are more plump. I like the latter better, to be honest. I find the all around quality of the candy/chocolate in Smarties to be lacking.

Canadian Smarties don't taste like chocolate, they taste like generic candy shell. M&Ms are definitely better.

Szechuan on
    edited November 2010

Canadian Smarties don't taste like chocolate, they taste like generic candy shell. M&Ms are definitely better.

And M&Ms come in a variety of fillings; however, I've heard the new pretzel ones taste like sawdust.

On another note, FUCK ME IN THE GOAT ASS!

I just wrapped three of the gifts for my Santee and then realized that I forgot to include the tiny note card explaining the thought process behind the gift.

Damnit. Santee, if some of your gifts appear to be opened and then re-wrapped, it's because they were.

Figgy on
This discussion has been closed.