As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]sgiving is over; onward to [CHAT]smas!

• Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I guess I thought they were bad because my family members are allergic. Surprisingly in my frequent handling of various insects, the only bite/sting I have ever gotten was from a red ant that was hanging out on my shovel handle.

Where did it bite you, Saint?

lyrium on
  • Options
    SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ankle. Was throwing sod all day yesterday, got bit. The swelling has gone down, but it still hurts like a motherfucker. I'll be fine, but I can't focus on anything and why did this have to happen on thanksgiving weekend it sucks so bad

Saint on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well, I'm going "camping". Apparently "camping" means staying in a climate-controlled RV 15 miles away next to another climate-controlled RV containing a bunch of people you can't stand. So see you guys later!

Mangoes on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love camping!

rts on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Eff, Tam...that sucks :C Did they tell you what had happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Which do you think would involve less death: me going to the mall to get my winter coat today, or going to the mall to get my winter coat tomorrow? It's probably negligible, eh?

This is all assuming, of course, that they'll still have Medium sizes left, of the coat I want.

I don't know why, but this season has been especially bad for me in terms of clothing-in-my-size...because every single store seems to be out of everything in my size. This is why I had to get my shoes online!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow good luck "camping".
    Apart from regular manly camping I once camped for half a year in our backyard when I was 7. Sadly I didn't get any headshots. Ughhhh

m3nace on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Good news! Now "camping" consists of maybe going to the campsite and hanging out and then coming home. Woo!

The place doesn't even let people in until 4:00, and sunset is at 5:15 or so. This was ill-conceived.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I for one am happy to be getting some shoes for the winter that do not have holes in them!
    http://images.toms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/450x320/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/-/w-grey-wool-fleck-botas-h.jpg
    They look so warm!

lyrium on
  • Options
    SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe if you live somewhere where "Winter" is a word, but your fluffy shoes are pointless in the endless heat

Saint on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes, northern Illinois winters are very very cold. I hate stepping outside, bundled to the extreme, and within 30 seconds feeling as though I am starting to turn into an icicle. It's painful.
    I know there are places with worse winters than ours, but they are not places I would ever, ever live. Especially as someone with virtually no body fat.

lyrium on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Saint wrote: »
    Ankle. Was throwing sod all day yesterday, got bit. The swelling has gone down, but it still hurts like a motherfucker. I'll be fine, but I can't focus on anything and why did this have to happen on thanksgiving weekend it sucks so bad

Shit son, with a name like "Assassin Bug" you're just lucky to still be alive!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Winter is for chumps.

rts on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think I might die if my friend's dog gets any more adorable.

All lyin' on my bed givin' me those dog-eyes, wagging her little butt-cover tail, bein' hella cute all over the place

uuuuuuuuuuuugh unbearably snugglable

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just got back from the dog park, where there was a dog that was at least 30lbs heavier than Franklin. It was gigantic.

rts on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Stuck in a rut I don't know how to get out of. Le Sigh.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    lyrium wrote: »
    I for one am happy to be getting some shoes for the winter that do not have holes in them!
    http://images.toms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/450x320/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/-/w-grey-wool-fleck-botas-h.jpg
    They look so warm!

dude they look really cold for a winter. Looking at them my toes start to freeze!
    your winter must be a noob winter 8-)

m3nace on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    uh oh guess who is still drunk

this is ridiculous i hate birthdays

RubberAC on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cakemikz wrote: »
    I just got back from the dog park, where there was a dog that was at least 30lbs heavier than Franklin. It was gigantic.

I think you saw a worg.

Tam: Dang man, sorry bout your car.

PROX on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    guys ledts go dancing ok letas roll see you tonight dancing wooooo

RubberAC on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Grenn wrote: »

Something which is very strange: listening to, and trying to figure out how to play songs that I actually wrote, albeit about 10 years ago. It's all weird made up chords! o_O

this is my problem. I'm always like "how the fuck did I do that?"

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yes, northern Illinois winters are very very cold. I hate stepping outside, bundled to the extreme, and within 30 seconds feeling as though I am starting to turn into an icicle. It's painful.
    I know there are places with worse winters than ours, but they are not places I would ever, ever live. Especially as someone with virtually no body fat.

Especially since these days we don't really get snow so much as ice.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shit guys. Amazon selling Manga Studio Debut 4.0 for $10 for the next hour.

I'm really broke, but I've been scouting for a good deal on it for awhile.

Should I acquire y/n?

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It's only $10. Go for it.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What is manga studio debut?

Gonna look that up.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »

Which i love. They never cancel school for snow but ice?

Yes please.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Forbe! wrote: »

Which i love. They never cancel school for snow but ice?

Yes please.

How awful! I did not appreciate the sudden torrent of heavy hail while I was walking to class last week :(
    I think I might be able to handle winters just fine without the wind chill. But goddamn.

lyrium on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I bought it. Just because I'm cool like that.

Does anyone remember that online drawing class that Beavotron was taking a while back? I remember it focusing on traditional study and now that I have money, I want to get on board.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I love New England, but I hate the winters here. Summertime and fall here are the best things ever, though.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I love New England, but I hate the winters here. Summertime and fall here are the best things ever, though.

I love harsh winters. I don't know why. There's just something about all that snow. I guess bad weather makes me feel vulnerable or something? It's hard to rationalize or describe.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hate winter so much.
    But sun all night is pretty cool.

Also, this ridiculous Black Friday ritual is exposing me for the dirty consumer whore that I am. Damn you, capitalism!

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think I can understand what you mean if you're talking about powerful weather - because I freakin' love that. Huge snowstorms, high winds, loud, insane thunderstorms...all that.

But just...super-cold temperatures? No thanks.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I bought it. Just because I'm cool like that.

Does anyone remember that online drawing class that Beavotron was taking a while back? I remember it focusing on traditional study and now that I have money, I want to get on board.

I think it was schoolism, Bobby Chiu's thing.

I may have just made that up.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Super-cold temperatures? The worst!

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am very sensitive to the cold. :C

I have a pretty high tolerance for heat, I think...but I get cold very easily and it can be hard for me to warm up.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I have the solution, ND.
    Gain an ungodly amount of weight.
    That should do it.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cold is better than hot.

Warming up is easy, but you can only get so naked when it's hot.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am very sensitive to the cold. :C

I have a pretty high tolerance for heat, I think...but I get cold very easily and it can be hard for me to warm up.

Did you grow up in Georgia, or just go to school there? If it's the former, that's probably why.

I dunno how cold it gets in New England. Here in Iowa, we've had temperatures around 20 for the last week or so. Around January it'll fall below zero most days and our highs will be like ten degrees (I mean Fahrenheit for you folks across whichever pond)

As far as I'm concerned, anything above freezing is tee shirt weather.

e: A coworker of mine just purchased a ring so that he could propose to his girlfriend. It got me thinking about how I would do it, if I were in that situation. I had one idea all day that I thought was pretty cool. It involved using a hex editor to manipulate the text in his or her favorite game. To deliver the message during the course of play. That would be the most unexpected thing.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Cold is better than hot.

Oh.

I can get so naked.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Did you grow up in Georgia, or just go to school there? If it's the former, that's probably why.

Well I don't think ND's parents are related, so she couldn't have grown up there.

Nap can get TOO naked. He's just that good.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Cold is better than hot.

Yes. This is an indisputable fact.

bombardier on
This discussion has been closed.