As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So went out this evening to do a little evening black friday shopping with thepain73. We hit up Walmart and Target and got all this awesome. An Object of Beauty and Batman: The Long Halloween we got using 50% off coupons at Borders Wednesday, which was very awesome. At Walmart he got the blu rays for $5 each, blade runner for $2, and Rachet & Clank for $10. At Target we got seasons 9,10, & 20 of the simpsons (since we already have 1-8), season 3 of burn notice, and season four of psych for $13 each. He also got 500 days of summer for $6 and I got Dragon Quest IX for $17. Also he got Batman: The Animated Series, volume 3 in the mail today. So we got tons of awesome for very little today. Oh and I guess they are printing simpsons season 6 in the regular box now. We got lucky a while back and I picked one up at a used store locally, but they were very hard to find in the non homer head one. But I guess they make the regular one of season six now? So yay!

dsci0001r.jpg

simpsons6.jpg

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Couldn't resist. And I've been looking for Tremors on BR for a decent price since like, for-everrr.

1-70.jpg

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Should pick up SSX3 too.

I know a lot of people love Tricky more but it didn't allow you to board down the whole mountain.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    R&CF for $10 is frickin' awesome. And I'm totally jealous of Batman: The Animated Series.

I want that.

Chance on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Should pick up SSX3 too.

I know a lot of people love Tricky more but it didn't allow you to board down the whole mountain.

My brother's the big SSX nut, and he says... lemmie look it up... yeah On Tour. He says On Tour is better than Tricky and 3. I just love Tricky 'cause he and I played it so much together when we were younger.

Chance on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Your brother may in fact be a crazy person

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    Should pick up SSX3 too.

My brother's the big SSX nut, and he says... lemmie look it up... yeah On Tour. He says On Tour is better than Tricky and 3. I just love 3 'cause he and I played it so much together when we were younger.

Your brother has weird opinions. I think On Tour is generally regarded as the worst in the series.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    Should pick up SSX3 too.

My brother's the big SSX nut, and he says... lemmie look it up... yeah On Tour. He says On Tour is better than Tricky and 3. I just love 3 'cause he and I played it so much together when we were younger.

Your brother has weird opinions. I think On Tour is generally regarded as the worst in the series.

Blur

But On Tour is...certainly not much better

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kirbith wrote: »
    So went out this evening to do a little evening black friday shopping with thepain73. We hit up Walmart and Target and got all this awesome. An Object of Beauty and Batman: The Long Halloween we got using 50% off coupons at Borders Wednesday, which was very awesome. At Walmart he got the blu rays for $5 each, blade runner for $2, and Rachet & Clank for $10. At Target we got seasons 9,10, & 20 of the simpsons (since we already have 1-8), season 3 of burn notice, and season four of psych for $13 each. He also got 500 days of summer for $6 and I got Dragon Quest IX for $17. Also he got Batman: The Animated Series, volume 3 in the mail today. So we got tons of awesome for very little today. Oh and I guess they are printing simpsons season 6 in the regular box now. We got lucky a while back and I picked one up at a used store locally, but they were very hard to find in the non homer head one. But I guess they make the regular one of season six now? So yay!

dsci0001r.jpg

simpsons6.jpg

OH MY GOD NORMAL SEASON 6 BOX

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Once I got used to the controls, I liked SSX Blur. I even bought the soundtrack. :P

You know how some video stores put semi-transparent stickers over the entire label of their DVDs and games? One time I rented On Tour and the sticker had a bunch of hair, dust, and cookie crumbs and crap sealed underneath it. It was absolutely disgusting. I think whoever put the sticker on the game was trying to warn me.

Kirbith, Is the $13 Psych deal a black Friday only thing? I've been meaning to check that show out.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6769/img2674t.jpgkinda summarizes most of my pick-ups this month: Every volume of BLAME!, an IMCO 6700 Triplex (the lighter used by Reki in Haibane Renmei), and a button of Frank Kozick's Smorkin Labbit. Not pictured: The rest of Tsutomu Nihei's manga.

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    AaronKI wrote: »
    Once I got used to the controls, I liked SSX Blur. I even bought the soundtrack. :P

You know how some video stores put semi-transparent stickers over the entire label of their DVDs and games? One time I rented On Tour and the sticker had a bunch of hair, dust, and cookie crumbs and crap sealed underneath it. It was absolutely disgusting. I think whoever put the sticker on the game was trying to warn me.

Kirbith, Is the $13 Psych deal a black Friday only thing? I've been meaning to check that show out.

Nope, all the DVD tv shows for $13 are friday & saturday. And I do believe I saw all four seasons of Psych for that price for each season.

OH MY GOD NORMAL SEASON 6 BOX

That's why I took that photo! :lol: I was so shocked to see it in a store that I wanted to make sure people would believe me!

Kirbith on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm hoping I can come across one myself. I'll buy that shit on the spot and put my old copy up on Goozex.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm hoping I can come across one myself. I'll buy that shit on the spot and put my old copy up on Goozex.

Well doing a search on Best Buys and Targets website pulled up nothing for that, but at the Target we were at they had at least 12 copies or so, and that was at 7:30 or so in the evening. So hopefully there's a good chance of a target around you having a copy tomorrow.

Kirbith on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I let her post one.

She did such a fine job.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone have use for 1,000 DSi points? I have a code I've been trying to give away, but I don't know anyone who could use it.

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Does anyone have use for 1,000 DSi points? I have a code I've been trying to give away, but I don't know anyone who could use it.

I could use it!

Then it will only cost me two extra dollars for Shantae 2

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I could use it!

Then it will only cost me two extra dollars for Shantae 2

Alright, give me a second to send a PM. :mrgreen:

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    damnit too slow on the points D:

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ha!

Only I will know the joys of Risky's Revenge

EDIT: P.S. if you don't know, this game is seriously awesome, it is the sequel to Shantae for the GBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAw_SfNC9c

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's okay. I can still enjoy the soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfLWs6XGkM

AND YOU CAN TOO!

Kaseius on
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hello there, Pick-up thread! I've been lurking here for the better part of this year and I figured it's about time I contribute with the one thing I've actually bought in the past few weeks.
    hugeweeaboo.png

I regret nothing.

Sorry if the picture quality isn't the best, taking it was a crash course in figuring out how to use the camera.

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    :^: :^: :^: Approval plus plus!

Now, go out and find yourself the first two volumes of Yotsuba&!. Seriously.

Chance on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You should have no regrets for that fine purchase sir.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Where'd you get it, I want one

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    What the hell is Azumanga Daioh

It's brought up like all the time

I know it's an anime and that's it

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I adore Yotsuba&, and I've been meaning to pick up the first few volumes but I can never find them :(

@SkutSkut - A bookstore in one of the malls around here, but I've seen copies at Barnes and Nobles so that might be worth a look. By "copies" I mean "one copy that a friend of mine bought and they never replaced so I had to go to the mall to buy it"

@UnbreakableVow - An anime about a bunch of high-school girls who run around and get into all kinds of wacky shenanigans. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing and I'd never read it before so I figured I might as well go all the way.

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Am I awesome if I have all four old volumes of Azumanga, and not the big book version? Guys?

Kaseius on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Individual editions > Omnibuses (Omnibi?)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I would much prefer to have the individual books (it'd be much easier to read, for one), but this is what they had and it was all of 25$ so I'm not complaining

IncognitoEsq on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    dsci0001r.jpg

We were so lucky to have found all this stuff for cheapsies.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Got my Club Nintendo rewards and a few games from Amazon's 3 for 2 sale. The third game was Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, which I'm giving to my sister.

novgoodies.jpg

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Those pins look hella awesome.

It's a shame they take so many coins to get.

I love all your blu rays.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Those pins look hella awesome.

It's a shame they take so many coins to get.

I love all your blu rays.

My sister didn't want anything so she used her Club Nintendo points to help me get all the pins. She's a sweetheart.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm still holding out hope that Nintendo will release a SNES Classic Controller.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Well doing a search on Best Buys and Targets website pulled up nothing for that, but at the Target we were at they had at least 12 copies or so, and that was at 7:30 or so in the evening. So hopefully there's a good chance of a target around you having a copy tomorrow.

Sweet, I'll check it out sometime today.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm still holding out hope that Nintendo will release a SNES Classic Controller.

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31

Is that not good enough?

Tamin on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    149514_465669273785_701573785_5823704_4827116_n.jpg

149999_465669468785_701573785_5823711_7979757_n.jpg

155771_465669548785_701573785_5823713_1107040_n.jpg

Also my parents found Batman AA for 15 bucks at K-Mart on Friday, so that's something to look forward to on Christmas.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    toyota.gif

I kid, I kid. I drive a Toyota too. Congrats on the new ride!

RidleySaria on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Voila!

picture deleted because of stinky geese

HA HA THE KIDS LOOK LIKE A BUTT

Silent Hill + Twin Peaks + GTA = ejaculation

Uncanny. My girlfriend 9 years my senior just introduced me to Twin Peaks a few weeks back and I'm hooked.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
This discussion has been closed.