As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT]sgiving is over; onward to [CHAT]smas!

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I bought it. Just because I'm cool like that.

Does anyone remember that online drawing class that Beavotron was taking a while back? I remember it focusing on traditional study and now that I have money, I want to get on board.

I think it was schoolism, Bobby Chiu's thing.

I may have just made that up.

Nah, I just checked it out. I remember this one being focused on traditional figure study, similar to an atelier. The courses Chiu is offering are a bit more advanced. Character design, zbrush, digital painting, etc.

e: Which I may very well look into down the road, as I could use some instruction in these things.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bombardier wrote: »
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Cold is better than hot.

Warming up is easy, but you can only get so naked when it's hot.

Yes. This is an indisputable fact.

For me it's the opposite - cooling down is easier, and even when I feel like "it's too hot right now" it's still not all that bad, to me. I really don't mind it.

And I only went to school in Georgia - I grew up in Connecticut. I remember a friend of mine from school saying "but you're from CT!! You should be FINE here!" when we were walking outside in winter, in Savannah, and I was shivering. I told him, "and that's why I came to Savannah!" ....but apparently it still gets pretty cold in Savannah, which isn't what I expected (~20 degrees in winter).

The lowest temperatures here are usually in the 20's also, I think...though we'll have a few in the teens, and a few below 0. I think the coldest winter I can remember here involved a lot of days where the temperature was around -15.

I can't even imagine living in the conditions one of my friends did, in upstate NY - every winter it would get down to the -40's and -50's. I'd probably die.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Scos: True that. Plus, there are some badass looking jackets out there.
    As far as I'm concerned, anything above freezing is tee shirt weather.
    Try wearing a t-shirt in a humid climate like Louisiana in the depths of winter. I wore light clothing during a snowstorm in Colorado, but I have to wear multiple layers even when it's 40 degrees down here. That wet air makes all the difference.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As was previously discussed, cold weather is the best weather because you can put infinity clothes on, but you can only take so much skin off before you pass out.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sitting on the back patio, drinking coffee while it's raining = awesome.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Love it when I wonder, "how the hell am I hungry again!?" and then I realize that I last ate ~7 hours ago.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I eat all the time. I love eating things

Also putting a coffee maker in my room was probably a bad idea.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    wakkawa wrote: »
    Also putting a coffee maker in my room was probably a bad idea.

jesus christ what are you thinking, man

although on the plus-side, brewing coffee smells hella nice

I love eating as well, food is delicious

I've been eating it for 23 years, I may have a problem

NightDragon on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I love eating as well, food is delicious

I've been eating it for 23 years, I may have a problem

Research shows that eating leads to living and other research shows that living is the number one cause of death.

You never heard of a dead man dying, have you?

You should stop eating ASAP unless, of course, you want to die.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    D:

...who else have you told?

NightDragon on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I like harsher winters because it makes me feel like a badass when you're trekking through the snow and shit while shouting "THIS COLD IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE ICE IN MY HEART"

Also not to be a downer or anything but my grandma Grimm died today. She decided to stop eating last week after she broke her arm and the stubborn old coot kicked the bucket.

But then I saw Young Frankenstein the musical and everything was better.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Godfather on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    D:

...who else have you told?

Anyone who will listen :lol:

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Man, I've watched 9 movies, start to finish, in the last 2 days. I probably should feel worse about this than I do.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is it possible you just watched The Lord of the Rings trilogy and it felt like 9 movies?

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Last Air Bender also felt like 9 movies. 9 bad movies.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Last Air Bender also felt like 9 movies. 9 bad movies.

sounds like a deal to me

Nappuccino on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I too have watched a crapload of movies over the past 3 days, I figured out that I could get Netlix on my ps3 using my mothers account. Woo, free streaming movies!!

I think I may have tramuatized myself by watching Antichrist. Talk about horrific, that was a true horror movie.

Also I watched a documentary called Objectified. Pretty interesting. Also Moon was a pretty solid sci fi flick.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Inbetweeners is such a good show. Sad that it's over.

TheBog on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Correction: I watched 10 movies over the last 2 days.

I had forgotten to include Live Wire, AKA That Pierce Brosnan Movie Where It Has A Poison That Makes People Explode And Also He Beats Up A Circus Clown, in my original tally.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    watch Jackie Chan Adventures now, Bacon

Tam on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    watch Jackie Chan Adventures now, Bacon

why?

I just ate a packet of papa john's crush red peppers and noticed that a weird label. Treated with radiation. What's going to happen to me?!

PROX on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My friend and I watched Lion King and Aladdin hahaha

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nothin' funny about that.
    PROX wrote: »
    I just ate a packet of papa john's crush red peppers and noticed that a weird label. Treated with radiation. What's going to happen to me?!

Probably super powers. Or cancer.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that is a really weird label...I've never seen one of those before.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well I googled "treated with radiation" and all that came up was pictures of people in decontamination suits and press conferences. Yup, you should be good.

"once he ate a radioactive red pepper. For seemingly unrelated reasons, he became: the carrotman"

m3nace on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i have toned down my movie watching recently
    in that i watch like 2 movies a day
    i have also watched 2 seasons of dexter in the past 3 days
    getting a little sick of it

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't watch TV or movies too much...I start to get stir-crazy and bored.

Happens less often with the interwebs, but I guess that's because it's interactive.

So I'm reading a book about "moral relativism", which I found out about through ffffound! (there were a bunch of "well-designed book covers" in the set). I've actually been interested in the concept for a long time, but didn't know that there was a term for it, or that it had been studied a whole bunch, or any of that, until I saw the title of the book...thought about it....and realized it was the same exact thing I'm interested in. It got good reviews on Amazon, so I boughts it! ...I've been reading a lot of nonfiction/fiction books lately, and wanting to find something that was more difficult to get through...and this book is turning out to be an excellent match! Haven't read that much yet, and the author has been dropping a lot of names and philosophies I'm not familiar with...but aside from that, I'm gettin' through it, and it's been nice. :)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So I was hanging out with Hume and Locke the other day and the Kierkegaard rolls up to us, drunk of his ass. He was totally trying to start something, but then out of nowhere Camus just drop kicks him in the nuts from behind! It was quite a night, folks. Quite a night.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh boy, radiated food, sounds really scary...
    You realize that could mean putting it in a microwave, right? Or something akin to a microwave.

"A microwave oven passes (non-ionizing) microwave radiation (at a frequency near 2.45 GHz) through food, causing dielectric heating by absorption of energy in the water, fats and sugar contained in the food. "

However, it was probably just a method of killing germs. Many things that you purchase and eat have this done to them. There are toothbrushes on the market with little boxes attached where you can use it to clean the brush.

lyrium on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Thursday night around midnight me and my friend pulled up youtube and spent a good couple of hours just crooning along to Disney songs.

My fish seem to really have enjoyed the move. Tugboat is just swimmin around like the happiest tugboat.

Kochikens on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I can't watch TV or movies too much...I start to get stir-crazy and bored.

Happens less often with the interwebs, but I guess that's because it's interactive.

This is me exactly.

Also drawing fur is hard.

Flay on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Dragon Age is awesome but I hate how there are so many party members. I want to give them all equal attention but I can't! Also I somehow killed the healer girl at the mage tower early on not realizing that she was a potential party member. Whooooooops.

bombardier on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Awkward.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I pretty much ended up using the same three party members through the whole game.

Also without a healer, you gon' die.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    lyrium wrote: »
    You realize that could mean putting it in a microwave, right? Or something akin to a microwave.

"A microwave oven passes (non-ionizing) microwave radiation (at a frequency near 2.45 GHz) through food, causing dielectric heating by absorption of energy in the water, fats and sugar contained in the food. "

However, it was probably just a method of killing germs. Many things that you purchase and eat have this done to them. There are toothbrushes on the market with little boxes attached where you can use it to clean the brush.

CHEMICALS GM CROPS AND NOW RADIATION WHERE WILL IT END OH GOD THE HUMANITY

Tam on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »

Thursday night around midnight me and my friend pulled up youtube and spent a good couple of hours just crooning along to Disney songs.

My fish seem to really have enjoyed the move. Tugboat is just swimmin around like the happiest tugboat.

What kind of fish do you have?

Also, I can geek out about fish for hours upon hours.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

OMG YOU WORK IN A LAB WITH MICE HOW DO YOU FEEL TESTING DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES ON AN INNOCENT LITTLE ANIMAL YOU MONSTER.

Even though all we do is breed them.
    It might seem less annoying to me if that sentence wasn't something that has been said to me word for word after I said the phrase "we work with mice."

lyrium on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also I watched a documentary called Objectified. Pretty interesting. Also Moon was a pretty solid sci fi flick.
    s
    Objectified is part of a "design trilogy," the first was Helvetica. I guess the third one is about fashion design, maybe? Hell if I know.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

OMG YOU WORK IN A LAB WITH MICE HOW DO YOU FEEL TESTING DANGEROUS SUBSTANCES ON AN INNOCENT LITTLE ANIMAL YOU MONSTER.

Even though all we do is breed them.
    It might seem less annoying to me if that sentence wasn't something that has been said to me word for word after I said the phrase "we work with mice."

"How do I feel about injecting small animals who- though they may be innocent- aren't sapient with potentially dangerous substances in an effort to better understand and cure human diseases and otherwise improve human lives? Slightly conflicted, but ultimately overwhelmingly justified. Develop a model that's just as reliable and easy to grow though, and I'll gladly switch to that in the spirit of minimizing harm."

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.