As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Gamma World PbP] The Steading of the Iron King - Encounter 1; Round 2

13»

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the_more_you_know.jpg

Farangu on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah and Second Wind is a minor for yourself to gain 1/2 HP.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Feeling a surge of energy around him, 83 attempts to boost this force with his own mental fortitude. Sparks fly off 83 as he is encased in a blue light, and he is yanked towards the largest metal object nearby (if there are any). He is slightly injured by the impact, but is also enraged, and attempts to hate Badder 2 to death. To his pleasure, Badder 2 drops to the ground.

Overcharge: 1d20=9, Damage: 3d8=8 (Not sure if 83 is actually being moved, or if 83 takes damage if he doesn't move)
    Psychic Assault on Badder 2: 1d20+6=20 vs. Will, 1d10+7=9 Damage

Edit: Oh hey, I have Resist 10 Physical. Do I take any damage at all anyways?

Peccavi on
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tunnel Rat

Suddenly the ground erupts in a horror show of small dirt coated rodents which begin pouring out of the soil in numbers too horrible to even imagine. Whiplike tails made electrical wiring rend the air producing sharp snaps with each sway. Dozens of glowing red eyes survey the scene while tiny mechanical clawed hands dig small furrows in the ground. Each of the robotic rats seems to have some sort of a...a laser turret mounted to it's head. The lasers are lazily aiming at everything in sight with wild abandon.

Suddenly one of the rats, this one with a number 1 painted on it's shoulder, focuses it's full attention on the porker closest to it. "Primary Target: Porker Identified. Initiate attack procedure epsilon 1 with extreme savagery."

Each of the rats nods it's small head simultaneously and says "Agreed."

The rats charge towards the porker marauder and swarm over the creature. The tiny robotic rodents swarm over the startled porker in a mad mob biting every inch of exposes teeth they can work their jagged little teeth into. The horrible squeals of the porker do not stop for several seconds until finally with a last wet gurgle the creature stops shuddering beneath the mob of rats now resting atop it's body.

Each of the rats turns it's red eyes on the remaining porker. The #1 rat actually smiles a very toothy smile at it. "You're next piggy."

Appear J9, Move to I13
    Swarm! on Porker Marauder 2 Attack Roll :1d20+5= 24 Damage Roll 1d8+6=12

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Vinesly finds himself completely in touch with his roots, and unfortunately turns into a 8 foot tall shrub! Then, Lugg charges and impales the Porker with a Yield sign, but will the Porker take the advice? Without warning, 83 rockets across the battlefield, colliding with the tower door's elaborate knocker. After dusting himself off from the minor inconvenience, 83 fires a salvo mind bullets at the nearest Badder. The resulting cranial explosion litters the ground in grey matter. Inexplicably a mass of cybernetic rodents assemble from under ground, their target is Porker 1 whom succumbs to the mass with horrified squeals.

Vinesly is now provides minor concealment and not much else.
    Lugg charges and hits, but cannot shift as charging takes up his entire action this turn.
    83 is pulled to the door, and due to his immunity to physical damage escapes without being hurt. The jarring trip has left him immobilized, however. Please make a save roll, Peccavi.
    Tunnel Rat makes bacon and devours Porker 2.

Map:
    enc1.jpg

Notable Terrain:
    Ridges count difficult terrain.
    The boulders are 10 feet tall
    Swimming in the radioactive crater is ill-advised.

Initiative Order:
    Any grouping of players without an enemy to seperate them may act in any order. For example. Kraft may act before Krondil, or 83 before Lugg.
    ---->Marishka [21/28 HP; Granting Combat Advantage to Adjacent Enemies]
    Badder Steading Guard 3
    Krondil [0/23 HP; DYING]
    Kraft [28/28 HP]
    Badder Steading Guard 1
    Porker Marauder 1 [16/29 HP]
    Lugg [26/26 HP] charged to F-9 impaled Porker Marauder 1 for 13.
    83 [23/23 HP; Resist 10 Physical] pulled to B-8, used Psychic Assault on Badder 2 for 9, killing it.
    Tunnel Rat [25/25 HP] moved to I-13, swarmed Porker 2 for 12, killing it.
    Red indicates Bloodied.

Round 1 Actions
    Marishka [21/28 HP; Granting Combat Advantage to Adjacent Enemies] moved to H13 and stabbed Porker Marauder 2 for 12 hit points.
    Badder Steading Guard 3 shifts to C-11 and fired a clever shot at Marishka for 7 damage.
    Krondil [0/23 HP; DYING] landed d-10, and slashed at Badder 2 twice for 13 and blinding.
    Kraft [28/28 HP] shifted to K-10 and shot Porker 1 for 5.
    Badder Steading Guard 1 moved to B-6 and fired Clever Shot at Krondil hitting for 11.
    Badder Steading Guard 2 [DEAD; BLINDED] swung a mace at Krondil as well, and missed spectacularly.
    Porker Marauder 1 [16/29 HP] moved to E-9 and uses a Minor to Foul Belch on Krondil dealing 12 poison damage, dazing him and felling the furry feathered friend.
    83 [23/23 HP; Resist 10 Physical] pulled to B-8, used Psychic Assault on Badder 2 for 9, killing it.
    Porker Marauder 2 COLOR="red"]0/29 HP[/COLOR was engulfed by Ratoids.

Adversaries (Defenses listed for your convience)
    badder1.pngBadder Steading Guards: AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 13 Inits: 8, 7, 23

porker1.pngPorker Marauders: AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 13, Will 12 Inits: 7, 3

Alpha Mutations:
    Alpha mutations are powers that you receive at the beginning every encounter that generally assist you in combat. The majority of them are Encounter powers, but some have persistent benefits that are on until you lose the mutation.
    You can OVERCHARGE some Alpha Mutations by rolling a D20 when you wish to use it, and adding the effects listed under the overcharge section depnding on your roll. Your Primary Origin gives you a +2 bonus to overcharge one of three Alpha Mutation types: Dark, Bio and Psi.
    It is important to note that used or not, you will discard your current Alpha Mutation at the end of an encounter.
    You must also discard an Alpha Mutation in the event of an Alpha Flux (which happens to a player if they roll a 1 on ANY d20 roll during an encounter).

83 feels the sudden embrace of an unknown force.
    Shimmershield (Dark, Healing)
    You surround yourself with a shimmering shield of electromagnetic force.
    Benefit: You gain resist 10 physical.
    Overcharge: When you start your turn, you can roll a d20.
    10+: While this card is readied, whenever you take electricity damage, you instead regain that many hit points.
    9 or less: You slide toward the largest metallic object (if any) within 20 squares of you and slam into it; you take 3d8 physical damage and are immobilized (save ends).
    Krondil sprouts humongous feet.
    Footus Ginormicus (Bio)
    You grow enormous clown feet.
    Benefit: You gain a swim speed equal to your land speed and ignore difficult terrain from soft ground such as snow or mud.
    Overcharge: Really?
    Kraft becomes in tune with his inner ear.
    Hyper-Balance (Bio)
    You can walk on almost any surface thanks to your hyper-acute sense of balance.
    Benefit: You ignore difficult terrain and can’t be knocked prone. You can balance on anything that will hold your weight, and do not grant combat advantage while balancing.
    10+: You gain a +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex while this card is readied.
    9 or less: You become very clumsy and are slowed while this card is readied.
    Lugg develops the ability to go with the flow. Literally.
    Liquid Bones (Bio)
    You can liquefy your bones and move like flesh-water. It’s pretty gross.
    Move Action, Personal; Effect: You shift your speed. During this movement, you can move through enemy spaces (but can’t stop there) and over liquid terrain, and you ignore difficult terrain and can squeeze through openings as small as six inches wide without slowing.
    Overcharge: When you use this power, you can roll a d20.
    10+: You can use the power each turn while this card is readied.
    9 or less: You collapse into a puddle of flailing pseudopods and are stunned (save ends). You can’t save against this effect during the turn you overcharge it.
    Marishka seems to be ahead of himself here, or behind.
    Reflexive Teleport (Dark, Teleportation)
    You switch places with an enemy.
    Immediate interrupt, Ranged 10.; Trigger: You are hit by an attack; Target: One creature; Attack: Level + 3 vs Will;
    Hit: You and the target teleport, swapping positions. The triggering attack hits the target instead, and misses you if you're out of range.;
    Miss: You teleport 3 squares after the triggering attack.
    Overcharge 10+: The triggering attack scores a critical on the target.
    9 or less: After you teleport, you fall prone, and are dazed until the end of your next turn.
    Tunnel Rat ponders the requirement of serious thought in this new world.
    LMAO (Psi)
    You cause a creature to find hilatiry in everything.
    Standard action, Ranged 10.; Target: One creature; Attack level + 3 vs Will; Hit: 4d6 + Charisma modifier + twice your level psychic damage, and the target is dazed and slowed (save ends both).;
    Overcharge 10+ The target also falls prone and takes a -5 penalty to savings throws against this power.
    9 or less: You also hit yourself with the power.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Marishka is slightly overwhelmed by the appearance of these new creatures that looked suspiciously like food. But they did take down the bad pig thing, so she resorted to her original plan of stabby-stabby. Or in this case, bangy-bangy. She runs over to the badder guard, pulls out her boomerang, and hurls it. It clonks the badder on the head, and successfully returns to her clawed hand.
    Move to E11, and Uncanny Strike on Badder #3; Hit for 10 damage, and he grants combat advantage to all until the end of my next turn.

Farangu on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Saving Throw: 1d20 = 18

83 manages to break free from his magnetic entrapment.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Let's remember the best times we had with our shrubby friend. Remember that time he signed up? I do. And that one time when he rolled for a mutation and he grew organs? That put a smile on my face. Vinesly was always able to do that.
    Good times.

Oh and also EvilBadman, I just realised that I rolled a 1 to damage the porker last time I attacked. This means I re-roll my Alpha Mutation yes?

Edit: Ah. Upon review it only works on d20 rolls. I am safe.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Marishka channels his inner green-tights-clad-forest-elf and chucks a boomerang at a Badder. Thankfully, he catches it effortlessly upon its return. Said badder retaliates with another crossbow bolt after hopping back a couple feet. The badder grins smugly as another bolt hits his target.

Marishka is hit for 7, and is still granting combat advantage to adjacent enemies.

Map:
    enc1.jpg

Notable Terrain:
    Ridges count difficult terrain.
    The boulders are 10 feet tall
    Swimming in the radioactive crater is ill-advised.

Initiative Order:
    Any grouping of players without an enemy to seperate them may act in any order. For example. Kraft may act before Krondil, or 83 before Lugg.
    Marishka [21/28 HP; Granting Combat Advantage to Adjacent Enemies] moved to e-11 and chucked a boomerang at Badder 3 for 10 damage
    Badder Steading Guard 3[12/22 HP; Granting Combat Advantage] shifted to B-11 and fired a clever shot at Marishka for 7 damage.
    ---->Krondil [0/23 HP; DYING]
    Kraft [28/28 HP]
    Badder Steading Guard 1
    Porker Marauder 1 [16/29 HP]
    Lugg [26/26 HP]
    83 [23/23 HP; Resist 10 Physical]
    Tunnel Rat [25/25 HP]
    Red indicates Bloodied.

Round 1 Actions
    Marishka [14/28 HP; Granting Combat Advantage to Adjacent Enemies] moved to H13 and stabbed Porker Marauder 2 for 12 hit points.
    Badder Steading Guard 3 shifts to C-11 and fired a clever shot at Marishka for 7 damage.
    Krondil [0/23 HP; DYING] landed d-10, and slashed at Badder 2 twice for 13 and blinding.
    Kraft [28/28 HP] shifted to K-10 and shot Porker 1 for 5.
    Badder Steading Guard 1 moved to B-6 and fired Clever Shot at Krondil hitting for 11.
    Badder Steading Guard 2 [DEAD; BLINDED] swung a mace at Krondil as well, and missed spectacularly.
    Porker Marauder 1 [16/29 HP] moved to E-9 and uses a Minor to Foul Belch on Krondil dealing 12 poison damage, dazing him and felling the furry feathered friend.
    Porker Marauder 2 COLOR="red"]0/29 HP[/COLOR was engulfed by Ratoids.

Adversaries (Defenses listed for your convience)
    badder1.pngBadder Steading Guards: AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 13 Inits: 8, 7, 23

porker1.pngPorker Marauders: AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 13, Will 12 Inits: 7, 3

Alpha Mutations:
    Alpha mutations are powers that you receive at the beginning every encounter that generally assist you in combat. The majority of them are Encounter powers, but some have persistent benefits that are on until you lose the mutation.
    You can OVERCHARGE some Alpha Mutations by rolling a D20 when you wish to use it, and adding the effects listed under the overcharge section depnding on your roll. Your Primary Origin gives you a +2 bonus to overcharge one of three Alpha Mutation types: Dark, Bio and Psi.
    It is important to note that used or not, you will discard your current Alpha Mutation at the end of an encounter.
    You must also discard an Alpha Mutation in the event of an Alpha Flux (which happens to a player if they roll a 1 on ANY d20 roll during an encounter).

83 feels the sudden embrace of an unknown force.
    Shimmershield (Dark, Healing)
    You surround yourself with a shimmering shield of electromagnetic force.
    Benefit: You gain resist 10 physical.
    10+: While this card is readied, whenever you take electricity damage, you instead regain that many hit points.
    9 or less: You slide toward the largest metallic object (if any) within 20 squares of you and slam into it; you take 3d8 physical damage and are immobilized (save ends).
    Krondil sprouts humongous feet.
    Footus Ginormicus (Bio)
    You grow enormous clown feet.
    Benefit: You gain a swim speed equal to your land speed and ignore difficult terrain from soft ground such as snow or mud.
    Overcharge: Really?
    Kraft becomes in tune with his inner ear.
    Hyper-Balance (Bio)
    You can walk on almost any surface thanks to your hyper-acute sense of balance.
    Benefit: You ignore difficult terrain and can’t be knocked prone. You can balance on anything that will hold your weight, and do not grant combat advantage while balancing.
    10+: You gain a +2 power bonus to AC and Reflex while this card is readied.
    9 or less: You become very clumsy and are slowed while this card is readied.
    Lugg develops the ability to go with the flow. Literally.
    Liquid Bones (Bio)
    You can liquefy your bones and move like flesh-water. It’s pretty gross.
    Move Action, Personal; Effect: You shift your speed. During this movement, you can move through enemy spaces (but can’t stop there) and over liquid terrain, and you ignore difficult terrain and can squeeze through openings as small as six inches wide without slowing.
    Overcharge: When you use this power, you can roll a d20.
    10+: You can use the power each turn while this card is readied.
    9 or less: You collapse into a puddle of flailing pseudopods and are stunned (save ends). You can’t save against this effect during the turn you overcharge it.
    Marishka seems to be ahead of himself here, or behind.
    Reflexive Teleport (Dark, Teleportation)
    You switch places with an enemy.
    Immediate interrupt, Ranged 10.; Trigger: You are hit by an attack; Target: One creature; Attack: Level + 3 vs Will;
    Hit: You and the target teleport, swapping positions. The triggering attack hits the target instead, and misses you if you're out of range.;
    Miss: You teleport 3 squares after the triggering attack.
    Overcharge 10+: The triggering attack scores a critical on the target.
    9 or less: After you teleport, you fall prone, and are dazed until the end of your next turn.
    Tunnel Rat ponders the requirement of serious thought in this new world.
    LMAO (Psi)
    You cause a creature to find hilatiry in everything.
    Standard action, Ranged 10.; Target: One creature; Attack level + 3 vs Will; Hit: 4d6 + Charisma modifier + twice your level psychic damage, and the target is dazed and slowed (save ends both).;
    Overcharge 10+ The target also falls prone and takes a -5 penalty to savings throws against this power.
    9 or less: You also hit yourself with the power.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think I'll use my interrupt on that attack.

1d20+3 = 10

D'oh. I'll teleport to D9, please.

Farangu on
  • Options
    KlangKlang Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Krondil drifts in and out of consciousness, seeing the battle as a blurry haze of motion.

Death save: 17, no worse.

roll lookup

Klang on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Krondil mumbles in his delirium. Kraft, it's your turn. I can haz cheezburger?

Klang on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oops. Life is tough. I'll get my flavour text in later but here're my actions for now.

Minor Action: Fondly pat Vinesly goodbye.
    Move: Move to H11
    Standard: Fire Rifle at Porker 1

Attack Roll: 1d20+6= 22
    Damage Roll: 1d10+4= 7

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm going to properly update this Saturday night just so everyone is aware the forums are alive again.

EvilBadman on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The great thing about Saturdays is that there is one every week.

Klang on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    a month later, and a year later... is this thing still on?

Klang on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Looking at people's profiles, it seems that all the players are still active on the forums.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm still around but I assume this is dead since it's been inactive for so long.

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    My thoughts as well.

Farangu on