As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Amazing Spider-Thread

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Spidey really should have picked up on Reilly's ideas for the spider-stingers and impact webbing. That stuff was cool.

What's not cool is this costume. And if Quesada drew that sketch as the article might lead one to believe, let me ask, when did he go from having a large amount of artistic talent and skill, to having all the skill of a stroke victim who can only use fignerpaints with his tongue?

Munch on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Spidey really should have picked up on Reilly's ideas for the spider-stingers and impact webbing. That stuff was cool.

What's not cool is this costume. And if Quesada drew that sketch as the article might lead one to believe, let me ask, when did he go from having a large amount of artistic talent and skill, to having all the skill of a stroke victim who can only use fignerpaints with his tongue?

It was a sketch, you know.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited January 2006
    Here is my idea for a Spider-Man redesign

2099Cling.gif

Not such a good book, but damn that is a cool costume

Or shit, shit, shit!

That future Spidey costume that was in Strazinski's run on Amazing! With the military jacket! FUCK YES, THAT ONE

Knob on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    we said that.

Spidey 2099 is in Exiles. go read that.

I miss the old black costume.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    title.jpg

This was not a good idea.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited January 2006
    we said that.

Spidey 2099 is in Exiles. go read that.

I miss the old black costume.

If I read what other people typed it would shatter my self-centered asshole image

Knob on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Servo wrote:
    "I imagined Tony presenting Peter with the new suit and Peter putting it on and saying that it looks great but that his colors are red and blue. Tony would simply respond, ‘My design, my colors!’"

Sounds like Tony's drunk again.

"Tony you're not in your suit. I can kick your ass."
    "YOU LOOKIN AT MY PINT?"
    "Tony, that's the lamp."
    "FUCK YOU, PARKER!"

Tony then collapses and vomits all over the place.

The Muffin Man on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    It was a sketch, you know.

Even for a sketch, it looks pretty awful and rushed, and it certainly isn't the kind of thing you put on your website to promote one of your most lucrative characters.

Munch on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Fuck Tony Stark.

Why couldn't Ultimate Stark have designed it? Then it would rule.

If those yellow leggings don't get hiked up a little, and the color turn to normal Spidey colors by a few issues, well... I'll be angry. I don't read Spider-Man at the moment, so I can't say I'd stop reading it, but I can still be outraged.

DarkPrimus on
  • CariblueCariblue Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Fuck Tony Stark.

It would be the exact same as his except blue and red.

Cariblue on
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    So when is marvel going to fire all the insane dudes that are working there and hire me

Because damn

Some of the dudes working there are insane

Day 1 for Knob - Not fucking touch a classic.

The Muffin Man on
  • Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Cariblue wrote:
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Fuck Tony Stark.

It would be the exact same as his except blue and red.

exactly.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Magus DarkstarMagus Darkstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Not such a good book, but damn that is a cool costume

I loved that book :cry:

Although I was 9 years old when I read it.

Magus Darkstar on
  • redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Man, Pete will probably get home with that thing and be all "hey MJ, I'm gonna go pick up some spraypaint, you want anything while I'm out?" and mumble "'my suit my colors' fuck you Tony, you've had like eighty billion different colored suits you arrogant prick" on his way out the door.

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    The best Spider-Man costume was the paper bag one.

Penguin Incarnate on
    edited January 2006
    Man, Pete will probably get home with that thing and be all "hey MJ, I'm gonna go pick up some spraypaint, you want anything while I'm out?" and mumble "'my suit my colors' fuck you Tony, you've had like eighty billion different colored suits you arrogant prick" on his way out the door.

Man if I were Spidey I'd be all "Hey I appreciate the thought, but my aunt knows my identity, so I think I'm gonna go grab my old costume and have her mend it.

You arrogant douchebag."

Then I'd hide behind Spider-woman because the best place to hide before Iron Man stomps a mudhole in your face is staring at Spider-womans ass.

The Muffin Man on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2006

Man if I were Spidey I'd be all "Hey I appreciate the thought, but my aunt knows my identity, so I think I'm gonna go grab my old costume and have her mend it.

You arrogant douchebag."

Then I'd hide behind Spider-woman because the best place to hide before Iron Man stomps a mudhole in your face is staring at Spider-womans ass.

No, he's drunk, remember? So he'll end up knocking himself out somehow, and he'll wake up to find himself webbed to a goat with marker all over his face.

DarkPrimus on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Munch wrote:

I thought he did keep the impact webbing?

Bloods End on
  • RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    So, is Tony colourblind, or what?

Rohaq on
  • D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I don't claim to be any sort of expert when it comes to comics, but...

When is Marvel going to start writing meaningful stories for their characters again, and not have every story arc be a desperate attempt at drawing readers back to their books?

I mean, come on... Having House of M be a long, drawn out charade just to have an excuse for Logan (I'm not calling him godamned "James Howlett". Fuck that.) get all his memories back, so the character can lose any kind of mystique and intrigue it's held for the past several decades? Spider-Man dying, coming back and getting yet another new suit? These long, drawn-out gimmicks just seem so damned tired and desperate.

(The Ultimate Universe notwithstanding; Ultimate Spider-Man, at least, has been a brilliant and enjoyable jumpstart of a dying franchise.)

Also: [spoiler:1aee8947d7]It really doesn't matter what this new suit looks like, because we all know that Spider-Man is just going to turn around and go back to his original costume soon enough.[/spoiler:1aee8947d7]

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
    edited January 2006
    1) Wolverine getting his memories back was just an interesting sidenote to House of M. It certainly was not the entire point. The whole point was to take the world mutant population down from untold tens of thousands down to 198.

2) You want a jumpstart to a dying franchise, and for them to tell bold, meaningful stories that haven't been told? Yeah, J. Michael Straczynski has been doing that for Spider-Man for a couple years now.

Knob on
  • AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Servo wrote:
    Designed by Marvel Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada, this new design has a few tricks up its sleeve.

Well at least for once I know exactly who to blame.

Cant really tell who drew that particular sketch (probably for the sake of secrecy) but the shading with pure black is consistant with Quesada's style.

Ive slept on it, and It doesnt look so bad now, my only problem is the gold. Black might not work against such dark red, white not be quite right either, but raking the design without the colours, it doesnt look too bad. Im a Quesada whore though. I think I need to see it drawn by one of the full time artist on a Spidey title, or by Quesada, to make up my mind.

Azrael on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Does anybody else think that, other than the yellow star thing, it looks kinda like Parker got the Carnage symbiote?

I mean, we won't really know unless he opens his mouth, I guess.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    i like the design but hate the colors. i was hoping that maybe we'd see the house of m costume again. i liked that.

Conditional_Axe on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Cariblue wrote:
    Servo wrote:
    Designed by Marvel Editor-In-Chief Joe Quesada, this new design has a few tricks up its sleeve.

I hate that idiot, fuck how many things does he have to ruin at Marvel before he eats his last jelly filled donut and jumps to another publisher to sink.

Don't say that. Quesada saved that company.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited January 2006
    sigh. it's true, you know. besides letting claremont stay around twenty years past his prime(i think joe q must've lost his virginity to the dark phoenix, or something), he's actually not that bad of a guy. he does exactly what the company needs, when they need it.

sigh.

sometimes i dream that he's mended the bridge and has alan moore writing comics again. when I become EiC, that's the first thing I'm doing. I don't care if it's in twenty years and alan is pushing 80, I would do whatever it took to get him back. I'd hand him whatever franchise he wanted on a silver platter. he could have pete go crazy and rape aunt may, for all I care, as long as his name is on a marvel book.

Whippy on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Servo wrote:

Man, Joe Q needs to go away. He has done some great things, but between this and Claremont... he is slipping.

DouglasDanger on
    edited January 2006
    Servo wrote:

Man, Joe Q needs to go away. He has done some great things, but between this and Claremont... he is slipping.

You're officially retarded.
    The man saved the Spider-Man books, brought tons of talent back to Marvel, got Grant Morrison writing X-Men, Launched Marvel Knights, Launched Marvel Max, brought us the Tsunami line (which in turn brought us Runaways and Sentinel) and he gave us the fucking Ultimate line.
    What more does the man have to do for you?

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Why did Spider-man stop eating?

Oh, and Wolverine's past was revealed in House of M? That's super lame.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited January 2006
    Suds wrote:
    Why did Spider-man stop eating?

Oh, and Wolverine's past was revealed in House of M? That's super lame.

You should read it before complaining.
    It's turning out to be very cool.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Honestly, I like the colors.

It's just that the fact that the suit is for Spider-Man kind of ruins them.

Sars_Boy on
  • ArtemadorousArtemadorous Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I like the fan version of the new costume on page 1 (red and blue) I do think the feet need some changing though.

How come/ how do super heroes always die and come back?
    (still new)

Artemadorous on
    pissed_small_sig.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Not too sure on this, but I think he wasn't really dead.

[spoiler:b0ca3bb558] I'm pretty sure he "shed his skin" or something, but don't quote me on that [/spoiler:b0ca3bb558]

Sars_Boy on
  • jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    I see the new suit lasting only so long as it takes soebody to beat the shit out of parker.
    Than he'll have to grab a replacement out of his closet and go back to kicking ass.
    That, and he'll probably get tired of telling everyone, "No I'm still spiderman, The costumes new. What? It's gay? You're gay!"

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    sometimes i dream that he's mended the bridge and has alan moore writing comics again. when I become EiC, that's the first thing I'm doing. I don't care if it's in twenty years and alan is pushing 80, I would do whatever it took to get him back. I'd hand him whatever franchise he wanted on a silver platter. he could have pete go crazy and rape aunt may, for all I care, as long as his name is on a marvel book.

See here is the wierd thing, i dont remember where i read it, but one of the first acts that Quesada did was to make amends with Moore for what happenin the past. Now in this same artical , i remember readingthat ALan Moore even said that that sahowed how great Quesada was gonna be for marvel because of this act. And with some one like him in charge he might think about working with marvel again, but he left that comment kinda open ended.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2006

See here is the wierd thing, i dont remember where i read it, but one of the first acts that Quesada did was to make amends with Moore for what happenin the past. Now in this same artical , i remember readingthat ALan Moore even said that that sahowed how great Quesada was gonna be for marvel because of this act. And with some one like him in charge he might think about working with marvel again, but he left that comment kinda open ended.

I feel kind of dumb. What did Moore do with Marvel? The only things I can think of are DC/Independant.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • LexisLexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    ew :x

Lexis on
    cartcomic.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2006
    Eh, not bad. But I really doubt he'll be wearing it for very long. He'll go back to the regular outfit eventually.

Although I would like for a comics company to change a popular character's costume and actually stick with it, regardless of how much outcry there was against it.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • LexisLexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    spiderman_2506,0.jpg

spiderman20991.jpg

*crosses fingers*

Lexis on
    cartcomic.jpg
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited January 2006
    SpiderHamCover250.jpg