As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Let's Play] Damnation - Set 06 - Endless drive

KlykaKlyka DO you have anySPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Games and Technology
damnation.png

Hey everyone, welcome to another Let's Play with your crazy German!
This time I will dive head first into the filthy,blurry and buggy waters of DAMNATION!
What does Wikipedia have to say about the game? Let's have a look!
Damnation is a steampunk shooter, developed by Blue Omega Entertainment and published by Codemasters. It was released on May 22, 2009 on Steam for Microsoft Windows and is also available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Damnation features large, open environments where a variety of acrobatics and Hollywood-action stunts are possible. Set on an alternate planet Earth and in the early part of the twentieth century after the American Civil War has spanned over several decades, where steam engines replace combustion engines. The game sees the protagonists fighting off a rich industrialist who wants to do away with both the Union and Confederate armies in one swift movement and turn the United States of America into a country called the "American Empire" with a totalitarian dictatorship.

Wow. That sure sounds awesome,right? Steam engines? Open Environments? Acrobatics?
I promise you all of the above AND MORE. So take some time out of your busy schedule and follow me down the alternate earth,steam powered rabbit hole!

TIME TO DAMN THIS NATION!

Set 01 - A bridge too far
Set 02 - Welcome to Cutscenetown
Set 03 - Super Steam Kart
Set 04 - The ramp to nowhere
Set 05 - Boom!-town
Set 06 - Endless drive

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
lTDyp.jpg
Klyka on

• Options
    EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can only imagine what drugs the developers took to create this game. Steampunk Civil War era America? That I can see. But what made them throw parkour into the mix?
    Anyway, loving the LP thus far.

EtherealWalrus on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is the best thing ever.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love how laughably ineffective those weapons are. Must have something to do with the fact that, despite your pistol having like 4 cylinders, only the top one actually rotates.

Also, you do realize those bikes technically have four wheels. You do know what this means, right?
    Ba-Ba-Ba Ba Ba-Ba Ba-Ba-Ba, Ba-Ba-Ba Ba Ba-Ba Ba-Ba-Ba

STEAM QUAD

Dartboy on
  • Options
    valgomirvalgomir Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I already expressed my approval of this LP in the YouTube comments, but

:^:

I would still like it if Yakecan's boobs were mentioned in the tags or description of every part from now on :P

valgomir on
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Only had time to catch the first set - damn that leaking gutter that needed fixing - but so far this is looking good. The setting looks interesting and the story seems suitably over the top. This should be a fun LP. Who knows, it may even manage to top Infernal for wacky insanity. I can only hope.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Set 05 - Boom!-town
    It's BACK!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow. I thought this was dead and wouldn't be coming back.

Welcome back

It's been so long since the last set that I've kinda forgotten most of the story leading up to this point, but that didn't make the new set any less amusing. I'm looking forward to seeing just how crazy this will get. Hopefully there won't be quite as big a wait for the next set.

Glad to have you - and the copious levels of cleavage that this LP is providing - back.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "If you are Mexican and you have the power of teleportation, please comment on this video."
    I am not Mexican and I am not able to teleport. DOUBLE NEGATION! O.O This is proof enough.
    This also explains why so many illegal immigrants in the US are Mexican...

Also, 0:18 in part 2:
    "If you haven't played Red Dead Redemption, you should 'cause it's a damn fun game. Also, you should buy... you should buy friggin'... friggin' zombie DSL for it."
    Wait, what? :lol:
    Is that, like, you take your old modem that died years ago but now it's resurrected and as fast as a broadband connection?

It's GREAT to see you back!

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    DL "C" not DSL !

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    DL "C" not DSL !

I'm sure that's what you meant to say, but you actually DID say "DSL".

valgomir on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

This game always succeeds and making me rage.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've got to say that the driving sections - however bad they might actually be to play - at least look like great fun. They have an awesome sense of speed and a vehicle that possesses a general ignorance of anything that resembles gravity.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg