As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NYC Meetup with Will, THIS WEEK (Friday at 7 at the Rio Grande)

Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!!Cambridge. MAModerator mod
edited December 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
So guys,

since I'm unemployed and my brother is going to be out of town for a week, i figured i'd take the opportunity to take the Bolt Bus down to NYC and watch his house for a bit. Was hoping that some of you would be available to hang out and maybe we could do a get-together at least one day.

I'm planning on heading down probably on Wednesday and heading back on Sunday. My brother's house is in Rye and I won't have my car, so I'll be taking the train into town and probably the subways around town.

So if you live in or around the city, let us know! We can get a meal and drinks or go to a museum or a park or something!

Wqdwp8l.png
Irond Will on

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    meep, Rye is far from the city!

Anyway Friday is the day I can do it fo sho, but I cannot do the drink-grabby thing unless it is in a restaurant OR a bar and somebody vouches for the strength of my moral character

I get out of work at 1 on Friday, so give me a bit to get the stink of responsibility off me before I make it up there

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I can come on friday

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    friday seems doable after 6ish... I have an art fair in the early afternoon but after that I can get out to the city...

tapeslinger on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Friday.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    this guy is free most weekdays usually after 530-6

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm down. booze booze booze booze booze.

Deebaser on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    so okay friday night

but where?

i can spend a little money, but nothing too extravagant.

also it has to be public transportation accessable

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2010
    i was assuming midtown or the east village

those seem to be our usual haunts

Hakkekage on
    edited November 2010
    fuck midtown i aint doin it

we aint

we'll figure something out
    our choices are infinite

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    here and queer!

I'm also starting my new jerb on weds so weds and thursday i'll be in the city

Casual Eddy on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Am I allowed to participate in this, or am I too much of a weaboo neckbeard for Lord Will, Prince of Class, to be seen with?

YamiNoSenshi on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Might I suggest Verlaine.

Pros: It fits the lower east side specification and they have a GANGSTER happy hour special.

Cons: You'll have to shave your neckbeards and wear collared shirts.

Deebaser on
    edited November 2010
    ah yes i've been to verlaine for happy hour

pretty good

also pretty damn crowded during happy hour, but then its in an area where there are lots of things around

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i'm in

LES in happy hour

we may kill will with hipster overload

nexuscrawler on
    edited November 2010
    i should take will to williamsburg once

see some hipsters

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i should take will to williamsburg once

see some hipsters

I took Thanathos to the barcade

all sippin Dogfish and playin Gaunlet

nexuscrawler on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    Am I allowed to participate in this, or am I too much of a weaboo neckbeard for Lord Will, Prince of Class, to be seen with?

of course you are welcome!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »

Pros: It fits the lower east side specification and they have a GANGSTER happy hour special.

that is not a con! that is a pro!

it would be nice if we could find a place where we could all sit together and make ourselves heard, but i know that this is kind of asking a lot of NYC on friday night.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2010

will

will i be allowed in

Hakkekage on
    edited November 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »

will

will i be allowed in

As long as you shave your neckbeard.

Deebaser on
    edited November 2010
    Alternate suggestion based on the new "Sitting together" spec and the "I really could go for a pitcher of goddamn margaritas" spec Rio Grande

Deebaser on
    edited November 2010
    in a bizarre coincidence, i have actually been to verlaine. it is one of like three NYC bars I've been to. It's super-crowded and loud on friday night and they card for entry (which would exclude sara). their small plates are tasty though and frankie liked their lychee cocktail.

rio grande might be better, given that it has actual tables and takes actual reservations.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2010
    verlaine might be more doable on a different night. we could still do everyone on friday, and whoever could make it on like thursday? will it be less crowded then?

Casual Eddy on
    edited November 2010
    The only reliable method of beating the crowd at Verlaine is to bail out of work early and get there around 3PM. It gets ridiculously crowded every night.

You can beat the system by reserving one of the tables that seats 8 comfortably, but you have to throw down a credit card for the group and I ain't gonna do that. I've been burned on that with my nearest and dearest. :)

Deebaser on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

that is not a con! that is a pro!

it would be nice if we could find a place where we could all sit together and make ourselves heard, but i know that this is kind of asking a lot of NYC on friday night.

This. My first PA meetup was at a REALLY loud place and it kinda sucked. I'd like to be able to chat easily.

In case it wasn't obvious, every visit by Yami comes with a bonus IrishRodent, absolutely free.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll try to think of some other suggestions too, it's definitely possible to find a quiet spot but it might take some doing.

tapeslinger on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, so then not verlaine

we could hit up a beer garden type place

like bia garden or loreley or radegast
    hmm

friday nights are tough

(if anyone wants to come by tribeca one weekday there is a good quiet classy place near work with good happy hour that includes manhattans and sazeracs and fried chicken)

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited November 2010
    lets just get a hotel room and trash it!

Variable on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh boooooy I didn't even see the thread for this until just now. Exciting!

Beer gardens are usually a pretty safe bet, but the only one I know of is Studio in LIC (Queens).

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    lets just get a hotel room and trash it!

No, let's get a hotel room and make it better. Fresh paint, better curtains, get a rug cleaner...

YamiNoSenshi on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm off thursday.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    I'm off thursday.

Don't you work at a bar?

We could do a friday night field trip to your place of employment. Give you enormous tips for free drinks. :P

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited November 2010

hmm

friday nights are tough

(if anyone wants to come by tribeca one weekday there is a good quiet classy place near work with good happy hour that includes manhattans and sazeracs and fried chicken)

ooh

i'll do this

Casual Eddy on
    edited November 2010

I'm going to feel like such an alcoholic if I get this right...

You aren't talking about B Flat, are you?

Deebaser on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah Deebaser

you are right

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited November 2010

hmm

friday nights are tough

ooh

i'll do this

i will be up for such a thing also

i'm ostensibly visiting my mom while i'm out there, so i'll need to know in advance what dates and times people want to hang out

but i'm penciling in friday night and thurs afternoon

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2010
    Time wise, IR and I leave work in Clifton at 4. We can normally be into the city within an hour or so. Depending on plans, we might go right into the city anyway because once it starts getting later traffic is nigh unbearable. If anyone in the area needs a ride, PM me and we can work something out.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited November 2010
    I'm off wednesday and thursday too, just have work friday daytime and then saturday night.

Variable on
    edited November 2010
    Fuck me... Well, I guess I'll have to clear it with my sponsor first, but I'm down for that as well.

Where do I get a sponsor?

Deebaser on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    I'm off thursday.

Don't you work at a bar?

We could do a friday night field trip to your place of employment. Give you enormous tips for free drinks. :P

Unfortunately I will not be able to host you guys.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1