As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go post in the new STEAM thread

• Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    citizen059 wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    The best part of DiRT 2 was the McRae tribute video they put in. You unlock it late in the game after winning a tribute rally series.

Spoiler'd for those who'd rather see it in-game.

I'm really sad they took his name off of the game

IIRC it was still sold with his name attached in Europe.

And on Steam

Edit: Well in Europe atleast.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    rndmhero wrote: »
    So does anyone have an AvP pack going?

Dont get AvP. Seriously,Dont.

AdditionalPylons on
  • Vladimir7Vladimir7 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Vladimir7 wrote: »
    If you really would LOVE a copy of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge Special Edition, then the first TWO people to quote this post with their steam ID and the reason why they would absolutely love a copy of it... gets it!

Still got one left :( I hope because everyone already owns it and not because people think it sucks. That would make me a sad panda

Vladimir7 on
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The best part of DiRT 2 was the McRae tribute video they put in. You unlock it late in the game after winning a tribute rally series.

Spoiler'd for those who'd rather see it in-game.

I'm really sad they took his name off of the game

IIRC it was still sold with his name attached in Europe.

I wonder if Dirt 3 wil be
    Colin McRae Rally 1 - 4 are some of my fav PC games

Same. Wish I still had some of 'em, all I own right now is CMR 2.

I got to try Richard Burns Rally as well - oh man that was hard, but so satisfying when you did it right.

citizen059 on
  • SvKSvK Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Cliffordius for Osmos. I was riding extremely low today (just got back from the dr office - officially have Strep throat, pink eye caused by the strep) and I came home to a new game. Wooo!!

I'm glad I could brighten your day. As you play Osmos, imagine that you are one of your own white blood cells, gobbling up those nasty germs that afflict you.
    Want Beat Hazard? Make up a movie synopsis using the game's name as the movie title, best one wins.

Want KotOR? Design an awesome lightsaber, 2 copies to gift. Doesn't need to be a masterpiece, but I've pre empted you filthy mogrels so no dongs.

Want DiRT 2? Show me something awesome to do with cars, doesn't matter what it is.

Gogo.

For KOTOR:
    jNQHH.jpg
    A fancy lightsaber. The blade's length and color can be adjusted with the two knobs on the right, which adds significant complexity to the inner working, resulting in a much larger hilt. It was built for a paranoid left-handed Sith, so there's a fake power button on the other side. A right-handed Jedi would press that, setting off a deadly booby-trap. The Sith was also clumsy, so the power buttons are oversized.

Steam name: Cliffordius

SvK on
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you really would LOVE a copy of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge Special Edition, then the first TWO people to quote this post with their steam ID and the reason why they would absolutely love a copy of it... gets it!

Still got one left :( I hope because everyone already owns it and not because people think it sucks. That would make me a sad panda

I would love a copy because Monkey Island is one of my favorite series of all time, it's the only one left on Steam that I don't have, and my wife is starting to give me "the look" over my Steam sale purchases :mrgreen:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969139608

rndmhero on
    edited November 2010

Wow,anyone that thinks Monkey Island sucks should burn really.

AdditionalPylons on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yay another Trine Contest!

If you refuse to do something nice and post about it, then here's an another way to get 1 of 5 copies of Trine:

Set your beatboxing on loop;
    I want to see a short rap about a wizard, any wizard, at least longer than a haiku.
    No profanity please, but extra points if you mention his "reputation with the ladies"
    Extra extra points if you can perform it

Edit: Lets say deadline is in 30 pages of posting or tomorrow morning, whichever is last

rRootagea on
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Why not? Most of the reviews I've seen come down on the "fun but flawed" side, which is more than worth $5 for fans of the series.

rndmhero on
  • LordGravewishLordGravewish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is Lead & Gold any good? Seems interesting...

Anyways, grabbing DiRT 2, Monkey Island (You fight like a cow! :D) and the Indie pack... And then have to see if I can get in on a Trine and maybe Lead & Gold group-buy somehow... Anyone? Or win a contest ;)

LordGravewish on
    Without me, it's just aweso.
    Xfire: lordgravewish
    Steam: LordGravewish
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Why not? Most of the reviews I've seen come down on the "fun but flawed" side, which is more than worth $5 for fans of the series.

$5 is probably fine for it. I think that works out about 2-3 pound? I'm just bitter because I got it day one. But it has its moments. The marine campaign is good for a few laughs. But I bought it more for multiplayer, and found it to be pretty rough.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
    edited November 2010

Well,the singleplayer is not thaat bad. I just got it expecting to have some awesome fun with multiplayer like i did with AvP2,and the multiplayer was really meh.

AdditionalPylons on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

To counter that: I rather liked it. Predator was really overpowered in the multiplayer until they nerfed the disc.

Peewi on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    rRootagea wrote: »

If you refuse to do something nice and post about it, there here's an another way to get 1 of 5 copies of Trine:

I want to see a short rap about a wizard, any wizard, at least longer than a haiku.
    No profanity please, but extra points if you mention his "reputation with the ladies"

My name is MC Erasmus and I'm here to say
    I got mad magicz and I'm totally not gay
    As a matter of fact, I'll tell all you young-uns
    The ladies are all "Erasmus has the highest reputation among us."

(I already have Trine, but I couldn't stop the flow)

Sir Carcass on
  • ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is Metro 2033 worth the $7.50AU? I mean really? I have zero time and 3 games being played concurrently, should I add this to the pile of shame or let the sale slide on by without a second thought?

Chronocide on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ArcSyn

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Isn't what these sales are for? Increasing your backlog for another year.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dourin wrote: »
    ok Dourin, I'll gift you a copy of Dirt 2 later tonight when I get one for myself as well :)

unless you are home now, I guess I can do it now from work

Totally up to you. I am home sick from work, but don't necessarily need the game this second. :P

YOU HAVE BEEN GIFTED

Thanks! Had just gotten my PS3 controller all set up on my PC when the gift window popped up.

Hardtarget might very well be both a gentleman and a scholar.

Dourin on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ok Dourin, I'll gift you a copy of Dirt 2 later tonight when I get one for myself as well :)

unless you are home now, I guess I can do it now from work

Totally up to you. I am home sick from work, but don't necessarily need the game this second. :P

YOU HAVE BEEN GIFTED

Thanks! Had just gotten my PS3 controller all set up on my PC when the gift window popped up.

Hardtarget might very well be both a gentleman and a scholar.

can you gift me your cold? I wanna be home from work too :(

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Chronocide wrote: »
    Is Metro 2033 worth the $7.50AU? I mean really? I have zero time and 3 games being played concurrently, should I add this to the pile of shame or let the sale slide on by without a second thought?

Not unless you like deep, immersive and challenging shooters with interesting pacing and fantastic set-pieces.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited November 2010
    Chronocide wrote: »

It is absolutely worth that. It's still worth the $40 it normally goes for. Such a great game.

Edit: Yeah, what Carbon said. Basically, if you enjoy fun, you'll probably like Metro 2033.

Dourin on
  • Zul the ConquerorZul the Conqueror Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone got a Trine pack going? I'm home sick from work so my best deed I can do is not giving my coworkers all the plague...

Zul the Conqueror on
  • LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sinus infection checking in. What's that got to do with sales? It means I'm calling in sick to work tonight and finally get some time to cuddle up with Borderlands!

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    If there is anyone under the sun who still doesn't have HL2 and wants it. let me know, and link your steam id

Vladimir7 on
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maddoc, you are a gentleman and a scholar, and anyone who badmouths you shall receive copious smacking about the face and neck.

@Zul: Maddoc might still--he hooked me up.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone got a Trine pack going? I'm home sick from work so my best deed I can do is not giving my coworkers all the plague...

Friend me on Steam

Maddoc on
    edited November 2010
    Also, have a copy of Bioshock 1. would anyone want it?

Vladimir7 on
  • Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Imperfect wrote: »
    WANT TRINE? HERE'S HOW TO GET IT.

Iolo was awesome enough to gift me a copy of Just Cause 2, so I'm passing along the love with a giftpack of Trine today! I already own it, so I have 8 of these puppies to give away.

What do you have to do? A GOOD DEED.

I'm serious. Go out and do a good deed, right now. Help an old lady cross the street. Refill the coffee, even though you didn't take the last cup. Be nice to someone you're not normally nice to.

Then come back here and tell us about it. (Also, PM me because this thread moves too fast and I easily might miss it.)

We're running on the honour system here, boys and girls.

MAKE ME PROUD.

EDIT: BTW, send me an email address I can gift this to when you PM me. If you've already PM'd me and haven't included an email addres, PM me again, please.

3/8 gone!

5/8 remaining!

Still plenty of Trine remaining! If you've posted in the thread about your good deed but haven't PM'd me, your good deed still counts, but I don't really know about it! PM me and you will get some delicious Trine!

Alright, hopefully this works, even if it happened before I read this post. :lol:

So a couple of hours ago, around 11:00, I was waiting for a legal hearing to take place at the State Labor Court, and I see a woman waiting next to me, so I try to start some conversation in order to make waiting a bit more interesting.

It turns out she wasn't an attorney or a client, but someone that was seeking legal advice regarding her current job; so instead of giving her a business card and setting an appointment, I heard her explain her situation and gave her legal advice, while telling her where she should go in order to get further aid, free of charge.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • fellmc2fellmc2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If there is anyone under the sun who still doesn't have HL2 and wants it. let me know, and link your steam id

Could I get a copy? :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/fellmc2

fellmc2 on
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also, have a copy of Bioshock 1. would anyone want it?

I'll take it off your hand if no one else wants it.

Steam name is Lepwave.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Metro 2033 advertises the 8800 as a minimum requirement.

Anyone with an 8800 care to share how well it runs for them?

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Bood WarBood War Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sunuva...

I was gone for just about 24 hours and you guys have gotten three-quarters through another thread.

Might I say, bravo.

Bood War on
    Headbanger | Steampunk | Art Deco Enthusiast| Indie | Maker

nano_10_winner_240x120-7.png
  • fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alright gents, anyone doing packs for AvP, Lead & Gold or World of Goo (I figured I might as well try it for $2 a game). I've been at school all day and I've missed 25 pages I don't want to read through :/

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • LordGravewishLordGravewish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I have an 8800GT 512MB and it pretty much runs on maximum for me... (no AA)
    Granted, I have a quad-core CPU but still...

Still interested in joining a Lead & Gold and Trine group-buy!

LordGravewish on
    Without me, it's just aweso.
    Xfire: lordgravewish
    Steam: LordGravewish
    edited November 2010

Isn't the 9600 pretty equivalent to the 8800? If so, I run it with the 9600 and it runs fine, for what it's worth.

Dourin on
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

It looks so good, I can't believe it'd actually run on my ATi 4850. Have to download the demo when I get home and check it out.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Interested in AI War? The developer is selling all their games at 60% off today only, AI War and its expansions will activate through Steam with the same code you receive from buying it directly from them. However as far as I know Tidalis(Which is also on sale), wont.

http://www.arcengames.com/store.php

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Zul the ConquerorZul the Conqueror Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »

Friend me on Steam

Maddoc is a man among men (or woman among women, as the case may be.)

Zul the Conqueror on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    rRootagea wrote: »

If you refuse to do something nice and post about it, then here's an another way to get 1 of 5 copies of Trine:

I'm the baddest wizard
    straight outta blizzard
    but war is not my craft

I have a stars on my hat
    a skull on my staff
    Pointy boots with shiny buckles

I know how move
    really shake and groove
    I rock the sacred oak

I got the magic brew
    that makes the ladies do
    the Rumplestiltskin

What's my name?
    Rumplestiltskin!

What's my name?
    Rumplestiltskin!

Drake on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

It looks so good, I can't believe it'd actually run on my ATi 4850. Have to download the demo when I get home and check it out.

The game ran surprisingly well back when I had a 4850.

Like, really surprisingly well.

It's far more optimized than the STALKER heritage of many of its devs.

If you've got a 4850, a reasonable processor (I have a core 2 duo, 8gb of ram) and good ram, you should be good to go.

And I'm not talking 640x480 no texture playable, it was a very pretty game even with most settings on medium-high at 1680x1050

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand