As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SAINTS :: Saintees have been posted!

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Are there a significant amount of forumer kids in need? That would tug my heart strings sufficiently to pour forth riches.

Well Raijin's complaining about being pretty poor, but I believe all of his gift money is going TO his kids

Maybe we should donate something to his poor wife, who is getting nothing this year

Sheri on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheeit, nowadays, anyone younger than 20-ish is a kid to me.

Kakodaimonos on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Saint wrote: »
    as a 15 year old, do I count as a forumer kid, considering I won't be getting many presents from home?

Waaaaait you're 15? I could swear you were older than that. At least, you looked a lot older than that the one or two times I've seen you on tinychat.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    as a 15 year old, do I count as a forumer kid, considering I won't be getting many presents from home?

Waaaaait you're 15? I could swear you were older than that. At least, you looked a lot older than that the one or two times I've seen you on tinychat.

chris-hansen.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

chris-hansen.jpg

So I guess I shouldn't bring up the time we coerced Anjin to whip his dick out and Tommy was in the room, huh?

George Fornby Grill on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it's always dicks with you people

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheri wrote: »
    Are there a significant amount of forumer kids in need? That would tug my heart strings sufficiently to pour forth riches.

Well Raijin's complaining about being pretty poor, but I believe all of his gift money is going TO his kids

Maybe we should donate something to his poor wife, who is getting nothing this year

Yeah, we aren't poor to the strictest of terms, just don't have a whole lot of extra income to spend on each other.

I'm thinking of signing up as a Saint. I won't be able to do much, but I can spare a small gift for someone perhaps...I must ponder.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited November 2010
    Maybe you should spare a small gift for your wife

Sheri on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm getting her something just as I'm sure she will get me something even though we both said we weren't going to.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited November 2010
    well whatever you do, don't get her a brush. also, don't sell your watch.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited November 2010
    well whatever you do, don't get her a brush. also, don't sell your watch.

But then I could use the fob chain on my wallet.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited November 2010
    gift of the magi is the best christmas story ever

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    just so you guys know, the saintees might go up late on friday
    SO DON'T WORRY
    YOUR PRETTY LITTLE HEADS

mully on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe you should spare a small gift for your wife

She doesn't need anything else small.

HEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will probably send out a couple gifts for this this year, but they probably won't be as cool as last year.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
    edited December 2010
    I hope getting a gift from someone will prove to my parents this place isn't a hovel of nigerian royalty pedophiles who want to send a computer virus through the postal service. They wouldn't let me do Satans because "Really? Why would you buy something for someone from a forum?" as they phrased it.

Oh that was YOU. You said "SAINT" and I was like "No that makes you a Saintee".

But since you posted this in here, I'm going to say essentially what I said in my response email to you, so I can see if our friends here agree with my ruling on this.

My thought is - yes, I could add you for non-physical gifts like Steam games, Amazon gift certificates, etc - but for things that can be mailed to your physical address, I feel that it is also your parents address and they have a right to say who and who does not receive that private information.

My point is, if your parents are saying "everyone on the internet is a pedophile and scary and terrible", the words "hey mom I gave out our address despite your wishes and look what I got from these guys" isn't going to be met with, "OH, I WAS SO WRONG!" -- it will be met with "PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET HAVE OUR ADDRESS???"

In short - my wishes are that you go for non-tangible / email gifts, and respect your parents wishes. Their roof, their rules, y'know? One of those things.

mully on
    edited December 2010
    Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited December 2010
    Man I felt the same way.

My mom was like that. And then I moved in with my Dad.

Do you remember Yahoo! chat? And to go to a room, you had to type in the name of it? Well, I started typing in anatomical words when I was 15 and ended up in an Adult chat room. Someone immediately asked, "are you over 18?" and I said "yes" and they said, "No you aren't. A cop car is on it's way, now. Get out before they show up."

I was new to the internet. And I was terrified. I ran to my dad's work and sat in a chair and trembled for a good 2 hours.

I never got any weirdness from him about me talking to people on the internet. He seemed to encourage it. But I like the internet. If it weren't for the internet, I would have never become not anti-social. Backwards, eh?

mully on
  • SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    mully wrote: »
    I hope getting a gift from someone will prove to my parents this place isn't a hovel of nigerian royalty pedophiles who want to send a computer virus through the postal service. They wouldn't let me do Satans because "Really? Why would you buy something for someone from a forum?" as they phrased it.

Oh that was YOU. You said "SAINT" and I was like "No that makes you a Saintee".

But since you posted this in here, I'm going to say essentially what I said in my response email to you, so I can see if our friends here agree with my ruling on this.

My thought is - yes, I could add you for non-physical gifts like Steam games, Amazon gift certificates, etc - but for things that can be mailed to your physical address, I feel that it is also your parents address and they have a right to say who and who does not receive that private information.

My point is, if your parents are saying "everyone on the internet is a pedophile and scary and terrible", the words "hey mom I gave out our address despite your wishes and look what I got from these guys" isn't going to be met with, "OH, I WAS SO WRONG!" -- it will be met with "PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET HAVE OUR ADDRESS???"

In short - my wishes are that you go for non-tangible / email gifts, and respect your parents wishes. Their roof, their rules, y'know? One of those things.

Actually I just showed my mom what some people got in Satans and now she says I can do Secret Satans next year, it was more of a skeptical thing than the hyperbole I mentioned, since hyperexaggeration seems to be par for the course in SE++. I just directly confirmed from the parentals it's cool for internet people to send gifts to our house.

EDIT: and i can see how my username caused some confusion. whoops.jpg

Saint on
    edited December 2010
    My Mom despises pretty much everything about the internet.

Before he died I don't think my Dad really knew much about it.

If I told my Mom about any of this she would just think it was stupid.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited December 2010
    Okay, Saint - if you have permission, then of course you're permitted. We'll try to make your mother proud.

Hear that guy? NO FLESHLIGHTS.

My grandpa won't let my grandma have the internet, he thinks it's scary and evil. I sent my grandma a netbook for Christmas last year and now she goes around to coffee shops and stuff and I don't think he even realizes that internet can be obtained in that way.

mully on
    edited December 2010
    All I heard was "MORE FLESHLIGHTS"

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited December 2010
    Sending Saint a crocheted dancing dong

Sheri on
    edited December 2010

Someone with better skills then I should take apart a dancing Santa and make a dancing dong.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    Crocheted fleshlight

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
    edited December 2010
    I don't think the yarn would hold up very long

Sheri on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That would be one way to felt the yarn. The sexy way to felt. :winky:

Kakodaimonos on
    edited December 2010
    Nonono mom, it's supposed to be the eye of a dragon!

Saint on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bogey wrote: »
    Crocheted fleshlight

this.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited December 2010
    a reminder to anyone who wants to sign up as a Saintee, to SIGN UP. You've only got another day and a half! well, basically until Friday at 9 or 10 PM PT

mully on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    has there been many sign up?

Langly on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010

once I sent Knob a big poster of nothing but boners.

Classiest gift ever.

tynic on
    edited December 2010
    well i have to tell mully this is back up

Saint on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't think the yarn would hold up very long

You could reinforce it with fiberglass and resin.

Hunter on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I'm assuming there is going to be a deadline extension due to the forumpocalypse.

Goose! on
    edited December 2010
    You mean Forumnarok

Hunter on
    edited December 2010
    Cardboardgandr The World Tube

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Forumture

Goose! on
    edited December 2010
    Cthubelhu

Hunter on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I'm going to extend applications 'till tomorrow night since I'll be busy until then anyway. Stupid, stupid forum crashing. That and there's only like 4 saintees.

mully on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is a drawing a saintly gift

Tam on