As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Updating through Steam. Going at 250kb/s.

:D

Warcry on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Downloadin now

625 KB/s (my max on 6Mb DSL)

<3 Steam

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    260 in Steam, but I can't continue the download tonight, have to finish it tomorrow.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, yeah. If I had the connection I have now when it released, I probably would have bought it on steam too.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    2.3 MB/s through steam for me. But in a few minutes it'll drop down to like.. 100kb/s

hailthefish on
  • Options
    trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bleh, that was a crappy rush run last night - combination of poor situational awareness from me, teammates with tunnel vision *continually* letting the enemy flank us and sit in our spawn area, my 'Q' button playing silly buggers so I was unable to spot said flankers out to people and rambo revivers.

I went several rounds with scores like 4 - 21 ><

Still, regardless of K/D I did have a satisfying run on Valparaiso, Isla Inocentes and Arica Harbour using the AT mines and tracer gun to effectively shut down the use of their vehicles. We still lost but at least I felt like I was contributing in some way. I think Engi is my new favourite kit.

I presume the PA server is east coast USA? If so, is there anyone here from the EU that has tried it out? I would love to help you guys improve your stats (I'm an easy kill) but I am concerned the signal delay will make things unplayable.

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PATCH IS DLING WOO WOOOO HERE COME DA PAIN TRAIN BABY SPONSERED BY M14'S WITH ACOGS ON THEM

ALLL ABOOOOAARD!

WOOO WOOOOO!

CHUGACHUGA CHUGACHUGA CHUGACHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA CHUGA WOO!

WOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I should have gone to sleep, but the G3 with the Acog is pretty fun.

Also, it seems like I get higher FPS now.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Someone test the VSS and SVU out for me. I am in the process of platinuming the former.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    trevellian wrote: »
    I presume the PA server is east coast USA? If so, is there anyone here from the EU that has tried it out? I would love to help you guys improve your stats (I'm an easy kill) but I am concerned the signal delay will make things unplayable.

I'm in the UK and play on there whenever I can be bothered to stay up 'til 3am. I usually get a ping around 250, and it's significantly harder to play with that than with 80 on an EU server but it's do-able. You just have to accept that sometimes you'll shoot a guy four times in the head point blank with a shotgun and not scratch him.

Playing with PA guys makes it all worth it.

Awwwww...

Jimmy Marku on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rocking 60's Soundtrack: Listen to 8 radio channels in-game, featuring 2 hours of time typical tracks, including "Ride of the Valkyries" and "Fortunate Son" by CCR.

Yesssssss!

That actually might be old news to some people, but yessssssss! That was the best part about Battlefield: Vietnam. I hope it transmits the music to everyone around you, too.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ride of the Valkyries on repeat while napalm bombing commies in my Huey.

Best game ever

Warcry on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    honking around on a scooter playing surfin' bird and spamming NVA radio commands was far better.

L|ama on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so i haven't played in many months

is the PA population still active on the servers

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's pretty much the exact same post I was planning on making soon.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    We had like 16 people on the server yesterday, most were in vent.

Warcry on
  • Options
    Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It doesn't really get going 'til 1pm GMT though.

Jimmy Marku on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bullet tracers = not fixed

:c

Warcry on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    tracers work for me in the gunner's seat of a chopper which was my only concern

didn't try anti air guns yet though

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aw damn, the patch went live as soon as I went to bed, I could have left the computer on updating.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I may have spoken too soon. The sniper rifle and vehicle tracers are back.

Also the M14 is a rape machine and I love how the G3 goes into sights with an ACOG on.

Warcry on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Server is updated and ready to rock. The my service provider however felt it necessarily to reset all the server settings so I lost the banner. Slad, could you post it for me?

As for the game, I can't wait to play tonight. I should be on and gaming at around 8pm EST.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    And the server bill is due on the 9th. Any donations you all could spare would be appreciated.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    They've made a nice adjustment to White Pass Rush. On the last point, they've moved MCOM B to the ground behind the house, instead of inside it. They've also added a line of indestructable crates to the first spawn area. Won't stop you getting blasted as you exit it, though. They just need to whack lines of cover all over the damn lead-up. It's ridiculously brutal.

EDIT: Just reiterating that the M14 with ACOG is a rape machine. It's still balanced, but barely. The small magazine size is what saves it from being totally ridiculous.

Warcry on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It always nice to ping someone across the map with a Marksman Headshot then hear ThatGuy proclaim, "What the fuck?!"

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    It always nice to ping someone across the map with a Marksman Headshot then hear ThatGuy proclaim, "What the fuck?!"

You got me so many times last night. The SVU is rape a long range. It is the M14 with a better scope and a silencer.

Edit: Ooooooooooooooh SNAP! Map pack coming out tomorrow and Vietnam will be out on the 18 for people who bought it on Steam. 21 for everyone else. I can't fucking wait

That_Guy on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just saw a trailer for the new maps. While it doesn't give any idea of the layouts, they look nice.

I haven't started up the game, so, were the maps in this update? If not, why the hell was the update 2 gigs.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You and pre-purchase Vietnam on steam right now. DO IT!!!!

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    I just saw a trailer for the new maps. While it doesn't give any idea of the layouts, they look nice.

I haven't started up the game, so, were the maps in this update? If not, why the hell was the update 2 gigs.

Most of the 2 gigs were the resources for the new maps and Vietnam. The map files and the game it self will be here soon.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Do I need a copy of BC:2 on steam in order to play vietnam on it, or am I cool to preoreder it even if I bought BC:2 outside of steam?

Lagnar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »

That appears to be region locked. I don't see a price for it.

I briefly started up the game without actually playing. It appears to have auto-login now, which is about time.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »

That appears to be region locked. I don't see a price for it.

I briefly started up the game without actually playing. It appears to have auto-login now, which is about time.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lagnar wrote: »
    Do I need a copy of BC:2 on steam in order to play vietnam on it, or am I cool to preoreder it even if I bought BC:2 outside of steam?

You usually can't mix steam with non-steam games, though nothing is certain until we've heard one way or another from DICE.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Lagnar wrote: »

I guess it's not listed as DLC in Steam, but other DLC sold through Steam requires having the base game through Steam too.

Peewi on
  • Options
    rook268rook268 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New maps go live tomorrow.

Also the Vietnam expansion releases on December 21st for those of you not in Europe.

rook268 on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    We are going to play the SHIT out of Oasis.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    We are going to play the SHIT out of Oasis.

When they go live I will set up a new rotation with them. I think day 1 will be just the new maps.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I guess you can now disregard what I said about Vietnam not being available for pre-purchase for Europe. It's up now and is 13€.

Peewi on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hate people. I am still getting blindsided by unspotted vehicles. This went so far as a tank that was traced but still went unspotted.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow. Patch is 2.5 GB. Now that is one helluva a patch. Looks like it's going to be pretty rad, though, and I'm never somebody to pass up free content. If they're good enough, I might even be convinced to pick up the Vietnam pack despite Dice's incredible bungling of getting the game decently patched.

Ninja Snarl P on