As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When does PAX end?

herbieherbie Registered User new member
edited May 2007 in PAX Archive
Am looking to buy plane tickets now and there are some nice deals for 7:05 pm. If PAX ends at 6pm (like last year), it may be to tight of a squeeze, and if it's at 7pm, a definite no. Does someone know what time the doors close (and is the last thing the final round of the omegathon again?)

Thanks

herbie on

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited May 2007
    It usually ends at about 6-6:30 PM.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    AkiotenaAkiotena Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Also, the trip from downtown Seattle to the airport's going to take long enough that you won't make it there, check bags in, get through security, and get to your gate in one hour. Unless you are Sonic the Hedgehog or something. :)

Akiotena on
    "It's pretty easy to figure out how much DPS you're doing as a corpse on the ground."

Akiotena.gif
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    for the diehards, the event seemingly never ends. once the memories and afterglow begin to cool down, it's almost time to start preparing for the next year!

b0wser on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, keep in mind that traffic will be absoutle hell becuase half the lanes of I-5 will be shut down during the week of pax for construction.

Take highway 99 to get to the airport when pax is over.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    Yeah, keep in mind that traffic will be absoutle hell becuase half the lanes of I-5 will be shut down during the week of pax for construction.

D:

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

Oh god. That's gonna be horrible.

I think it's time for me to look into hotel rooms. I live in Seattle, but even being that close to the convention center... Traffic is gonna be a mess.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Here is the link to the project info if you want to see the hell this will create.

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/I5/SpokaneStreetBridgeRepair/

* More than 260,000 cars travel this stretch of freeway daily.
    * Crews will repave 1.13 miles of northbound I-5 between Spokane Street and I-90 near downtown Seattle, and replace or repair deteriorating expansion joints that connect concrete freeway deck slabs.
    * Drivers can expect up to 19 consecutive days of northbound I-5 lane closures in Aug. 2007.

BigRed on
  • Options
    kruxkrux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Planned ahead and don't leave till 4pm the next day. Good thing to know about the construction however.

krux on
    perl -e 's++=END;++y(;-P)}\n?k++=;<+xru}?print: ??;'
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Maybe they'll finish early...? :D

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fat chance on that one. The way this city works I won't be surprised if the construction ends up lasting LONGER than scheduled...:x

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Fat chance on that one. The way this city works I won't be surprised if the construction ends up lasting LONGER than scheduled...:x

Surprised? I'll be expecting it.

Aydr on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yup:|

I personally am gonna try to get there an hour or two before PAX to bipass traffic and to just say I was one of the first people to go to PAX '078-)

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    People are going to be waiting in line much longer than a couple of hours. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if somebody waits in line overnight just to be first.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I think the first people in line last year got there around 11 or midnight...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Legacy wrote: »
    I think the first people in line last year got there around 11 or midnight...

Wasn't there someone who was there at 3 or 4 the previous afternoon?

Aydr on
  • Options
    teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If you payed you get in right? then why would you want to be in line so early?
    I would rather be partying.

teamquiggan on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Because the line itself is a party...

BigRed on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just ask the people about The Ball.

Yes I know that line was indoors and more like a blob, but it was still a bunch of people waiting to get in the theater.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Because the line itself is a party...

I am somewhat forced to agree. You can end up meeting some cool people in line, especially because with so little else to do, you can't help but hear others' conversations and become more interested in knowing them.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I like sitting on concrete and all, but not enough to sit in line overnight and miss the Pre-PAX activities like the dinner and cinema raid. I feel that those who do the crazy sit-in-line thing are, while getting into the expo center early, missing what makes PAX awesome.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    I like sitting on concrete and all, but not enough to sit in line overnight and miss the Pre-PAX activities like the dinner and cinema raid. I feel that those who do the crazy sit-in-line thing are, while getting into the expo center early, missing what makes PAX awesome.

Yeah, overnighters are weird.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Last year the first guys showed up sometime in the evening on the day before. They said they showed up earlier but were shoo'ed off by the bellevue police.

They seemed pretty cool to talk to for the 20min or so i chatted with them after setup. I gave them bawls for being hardcore.
    I went to sleep after setup and got there in the morning and they were still there.

BigRed on
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Quick question, how early will there be taxis available? My plane kinda leaves at 8am monday morning.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sl1pstream wrote: »
    Quick question, how early will there be taxis available? My plane kinda leaves at 8am monday morning.

They will always be there. If not then ask the hotel to call one up for you.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Do taxis not run 24 hours a day in Belgium?

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I really wouldn't know, taxis are expensive as hell around here, while busses are dirt cheap and there's another one every 15-30 minutes.

I never took a taxi in my entire life.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    PAX never ends.

Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Taxis are expensive as hell the world over, I think. I never take 'em.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Taxis are really convenient and they go exactly where you want them to, and that costs munniez.

Seattle really does have a fairly decent bus system to/from the airport and downtown which I have taken on my many journeys. Check with the Metro trip planner http://tripplanner.metrokc.gov/ and you should be able to figure it out. The bus is also cheap here... just use those google maps that people have posted!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I guess I would have no reason to stand in line. I pre-registered this year. Last year I hated the line. The only thing that kept me from killing everyone in front of me was the fact that I had my DS handy and people were playing Mario Kart.

And yes, the bus system in Seattle pwns.

skwisgaar Skwigelf on
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I guess I would have no reason to stand in line. I pre-registered this year. Last year I hated the line. The only thing that kept me from killing everyone in front of me was the fact that I had my DS handy and people were playing Mario Kart.

And yes, the bus system in Seattle pwns.

Depends if you want to see the concerts or not. The wristbands are being handed out in that line you love so very much :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Lol. 05 the wrist bands meant nothing but last year they where a huge deal if you managed to get one.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I always get a wristband and go see five minutes of the concert, then leave, passing my band onto somebody else in the hall before I go.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    IT GOES ON UNTIL QUESTION MARKS!!!

Captain Cthulhu on
This discussion has been closed.