As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pressing enter between [chats]

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    Is Mars Elliot an SE++ regular or

I've been here like 5 years and I have no clue who this guy is

when did he become a super mod

he is a mystery

i think he's an AC guy?

You think you know the lay of the land and then, BAM, this kind of thing happens. There's some truth in D&D's reputation as being bromidic, perhaps I should venture further than here and... other parts of here.

AC, WB, and GV are the only places I don't really post

I don't draw, I don't like chatting with writers, and I don't really follow comic books anymore, so those three forums aren't really "relevant to my interests"

I haven't posted in CF in aaaaages since I basically stopped giving a fuck about 90% of tabletop roleplaying games.

so basically it's here, SE++, and the MMORPG forum primarily

occasionally I jaunt into G&T or H/A, usually for a specific thread

for the longest time [chat] has thought of me as a "SE++ person"

i am unsure if i still have that rep or if the gorillas have accepted me as one of their own

Pony on
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    fluffy you need to get laid so badly it hurts the people around you

the worse it gets the harder it is to get laid

Don't go out looking to get laid.

When I was a freshman in college, girls were never interested in me at all. I got a girlfriend the second semester, but there were certain special circumstances (basically, she was super depressed and I just happened to be the one who was there for her).

Now, women are actually interested in me. There are two big changes in my attitude that take credit. Dunno if either of them apply to you at all.

1) Women aren't super scary anymore. When I was 17, I knew that they were basically just like dudes with vaginas. But I still got really anxious and nervous around them. A lot of guys are like that, particularly ones that haven't had a real girlfriend before. I don't know if there's any way you can get around that. But you still just need to realize that there's no huge difference between men and women (besides the obvious biological ones, of course). If you meet a girl at a party or a bar or where ever, just talk to her the same way you'd talk to guys you know. Obviously you might want to stay away from the fart jokes, but you really don't need to try to project someone you're not. The cliche "be yourself" advice really does work.

2) I'm not out to get laid anymore. When I was 17, I had a super active libido, and I had only had sex once (like my first girlfriend, the loss of my virginity was pretty much a fluke). I really wanted sex, and I was really curious about it. When you talk to a girl, if you're just looking to get laid, it's really obvious. She'll notice. And nothing's going to happen between you. If you talk to some woman you meet because, by golly, she's an honestly interesting person, there's a good chance you'll make a connection. That connection is the important part. So, I guess, try not to reek of desperation. Realize that there's plenty of fish in the sea. And if it doesn't work with this one, who gives a shit? You can just find some other woman. There's no need to be desperate.

I say this as a nerdy guy who's not particularly interesting, and certainly not good looking. The only things I have going for me are that I'm really smart (which, honestly, most people don't care about) and I'm at least a halfway-decent fellow (see point two above... I'm not out to get laid, unlike 90% of the guys at typical college parties).

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    nobody uses semicolons anymore

what's up with that?

I do; I'm also a big fan of brackets (maybe too much).

Parentheses or brackets [or are they the same]?

look, there's brackets, and square brackets, and wobbly brackets. No need to get all fancy.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i was generally successful when i went out looking to get laid

but

that was all i was getting

was laid

it was emotionally empty sex with someone also looking to follow their anatomical urges to get their rocks off

nothing more

which is okay, i guess

but once you actually start boning in a meaningful relationship with someone you have real feelings for

going back to just getting laid is

well it's leaving the restaurant and eating a TV dinner, is what it is

a TV dinner is still food, but

i dunno i think you get me

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    I complain about trains and weather because that is all residents of Britain think about all the time

It's true. And tea. We have no other thoughts whatsoever.

I'm probably failing at my ethnicity by talking about anything besides beer, football, interest rates, and property prices, aren't I?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    I engage Fluffy in suggesting faux-homosexual fantasy scenarios and then I don't follow through on our trysts.

You are a terrible tease and if I had any sense I'd have sent you packing years ago

Hold me, Fluffy, and we can go skiing down rainbows into pools of various chocolates.

I don't believe you. Not this time... oohh... hrrmmm

would there be nougats and caramel creatures in the pools, Gim?

and butterscotch krakens

Yes Gim, let me fly into your arms that you might carry me to this to this land of sweet delights!

We will live on a baklava flotilla and write silly stories. You will never know sadness or regret, Fluffy. This will work.

Gim on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I complain about trains and weather because that is all residents of Britain think about all the time

I'm probably failing at my ethnicity by talking about anything besides beer, football, interest rates, and property prices, aren't I?

Yes. Bad Cat.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

but

was laid

it was emotionally empty sex with someone also looking to follow their anatomical urges to get their rocks off

nothing more

which is okay, i guess

but once you actually start boning in a meaningful relationship with someone you have real feelings for

If this means I can justify my regrettably long period of celibacy by referring to myself as a sexual gourmand, I'm all for it.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    nobody uses semicolons anymore

what's up with that?

I do; I'm also a big fan of brackets (maybe too much).

Parentheses or brackets [or are they the same]?

look, there's brackets, and square brackets, and wobbly brackets. No need to get all fancy.

Ok, so can I mix and match {like this]?

Edit:

I actually like how that looks. :)

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You're Australian, so I assume you're talking about fake football. With feet. Ugh.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh dear god, the weather outside is abysmal. Stupid lecturers expecting our work to be handed in by hand. I'm a computer scientist, damnit. Let me scan in my math homework and submit it as a pdf.

Tav on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cat, what is your opinion on wallabies?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Oh dear god, the weather outside is abysmal. Stupid lecturers expecting our work to be handed in by hand. I'm a computer scientist, damnit. Let me scan in my math homework and submit it as a pdf.

I hate this. My freshman year, taking CS2, we could just submit it online. And then the server would instantly spit out our grade. Now, I'm supposed to actually hand in paper. That means I need to actually go to class. Ugh.

You know what the only class is that has me submit things electronically this semester? My one fucking humanities class. :x

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You're Australian, so I assume you're talking about fake football. With feet. Ugh.

No, I'm talking about real football, without the need for body armor and a half hour discussion of tactics before every goddamn play. Neener!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »

she believes that they think too highly of themselves

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

but

was laid

nothing more

which is okay, i guess

If this means I can justify my regrettably long period of celibacy by referring to myself as a sexual gourmand, I'm all for it.

i mean, much like food and cooking

relationships are not really "for" everyone

some people are perfectly happy with their one-night stands or fuckbuddies or whatever

in the same sense that some people are perfectly happy with ready-made meals and fast food and whathaveyou

it doesn't make it unhealthy, in and of itself, although if you do it to excess or with trash it can be

but i think that once you've had the "real deal", going back to the "just for now" stuff is pretty terrible

heck, you might not have even had it in the first place, but you do know its out there, and that makes the instant stuff sorta unappealing to some folk

Pony on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Real computer scientists use LaTeX.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited December 2010

Aborable, and possibly delicious. Why do you ask?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

i mean, much like food and cooking

relationships are not really "for" everyone

some people are perfectly happy with their one-night stands or fuckbuddies or whatever

in the same sense that some people are perfectly happy with ready-made meals and fast food and whathaveyou

it doesn't make it unhealthy, in and of itself, although if you do it to excess or with trash it can be

but i think that once you've had the "real deal", going back to the "just for now" stuff is pretty terrible

heck, you might not have even had it in the first place, but you do know its out there, and that makes the instant stuff sorta unappealing to some folk

I'll second this. I haven't had a real girlfriend in over a year. Occasionally I'll go out and have a one night stand, just to get my rocks off. But it's just not the same thing, not at all.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No, I'm talking about real football, without the need for body armor and a half hour discussion of tactics before every goddamn play. Neener!

If a sport can't be played naked, it isn't worth playing.

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2010

I hate this. My freshman year, taking CS2, we could just submit it online. And then the server would instantly spit out our grade. Now, I'm supposed to actually hand in paper. That means I need to actually go to class. Ugh.

You know what the only class is that has me submit things electronically this semester? My one fucking humanities class. :x

I have a database project due in this week. Our lecturer wants us to hand it in burned to a CD. At this point in time a USB stick is cheaper than a CD, there's about 9 inches of snow outside making it rather difficult to get to college and my .mdb is roughly 500kb. There's something incredibly stupid about the way they want us to do some stuff.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Aborable, and possibly delicious. Why do you ask?

Just looking for an expert opinion.

You know, you being Australian and all.

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2010

Real computer scientists use LaTeX.

Woah woah woah, I never said I was a real computer scientist.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    my fiancee and i broke up for about two years

she was the first woman i ever really felt like i was truly in love with

opened up a whole side of my mind and shit that i didn't even think existed

after we broke up i tried to screw around with old fuckbuddies of mine and date casually

only to discover

nope

fortunately everything ended up okay

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tav: laaaaaame.

Feral on

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm self-aware enough to know I'm in no condition to be in a relationship right now. My issues with my body make physical intimacy of most sorts difficult for me half the time. So whatevs. I'll be like this until I work those things out.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Valtrex is a wonder drug, isn't it?

Feral on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm self-aware enough to know I'm in no condition to be in a relationship right now. My issues with my body make physical intimacy of most sorts difficult for me half the time. So whatevs. I'll be like this until I work those things out.

by issues with your body do you mean like

physical stuff like your skin condition and that or?

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

wow

lightin' sick fires, bro

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

"Valtrex Man? You mean like, the herpes medicine?

Notice how no one shouted out "YES IT IS""

Tav on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Honestly, a lot of those sorts of issues won't fix themselves until you just dive in head first. You need to take a chance, and then it'll get easier in the future. My first girlfriend offered me a blow job shortly before we started dating. And I actually turned her down, because I had self image issues and didn't want to strip in front of her. Now, I'm a lot more open about stuff like that. I mean, I realize I'm not the greatest looking guy in the world. But, honestly, most girls don't care that much about that.

I mean, I'm in absolutely no condition to really know the specifics of your particular condition or anything. But I can do my best to generalize.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i've slept with a lot of women (well, a lot versus my imagining of typical, i guess) and i still have issues taking off my shirt (let alone going totally nude) with a lady

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Tav: laaaaaame.

I'm not very good at college :(

Tav on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i got up to about 250 pounds earlier this summer

i got straight up fat

my fiancee didn't complain about it, didn't make an issue out of it

one day she noticed a stretch mark on my gut and was like "hey what's up with that?" since she didn't realize what it was

i got pretty upset with myself

so, i lost about 25 pounds in a couple months

whole time she was like "you know you don't have to do this for me, your weight doesn't bother me"

and i'd tell her i was doing it for myself than anything else and she was like "okay"

Pony on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i've slept with a lot of women (well, a lot versus my imagining of typical, i guess) and i still have issues taking off my shirt (let alone going totally nude) with a lady

But no problems taking it off with a guy? :winky:

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i got up to about 250 pounds earlier this summer

i got straight up fat

my fiancee didn't complain about it, didn't make an issue out of it

one day she noticed a stretch mark on my gut and was like "hey what's up with that?" since she didn't realize what it was

i got pretty upset with myself

so, i lost about 25 pounds in a couple months

whole time she was like "you know you don't have to do this for me, your weight doesn't bother me"

and i'd tell her i was doing it for myself than anything else and she was like "okay"

you missed dat dere acrobatic sex

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »

But no problems taking it off with a guy? :winky:

astute 8-)

Organichu on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nobody uses semicolons anymore; what's up with that?

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

by issues with your body do you mean like

physical stuff like your skin condition and that or?

No this predates that, and I don't feel like going into it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    nobody uses semicolons anymore; what's up with that?

Well, Crohn's disease sufferers do.

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.