As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4e - MapTool] Game Over - Inactivus wins!

• SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Game on!

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited November 2010
    Where oh where is Aegis is at... oh where oh where could he be? Onyx misses you Aegis!

SkyCaptain on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So today was apparently Tuesday. Oie. This past week's been paper hell to the extent that I'm behind in everything on this board because I've had absolutely no time to do anything other than write write write. Sorry for missing it, but after staying up all night writing another paper yesterday I just collapsed in bed.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited November 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    So today was apparently Tuesday. Oie. This past week's been paper hell to the extent that I'm behind in everything on this board because I've had absolutely no time to do anything other than write write write. Sorry for missing it, but after staying up all night writing another paper yesterday I just collapsed in bed.

No worries. School and life first. My game is secondary to all that.

SkyCaptain on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

No worries. School and life first. My game is secondary to all that.

I didn't even recall that it was Tuesday until I saw a prod from Rius, as I might have joined up anyway given that my parents decided they'd call me in the middle of my nap today, grumble grumble grumble

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dont forget boys. We're level 8 and we have 1 wondrous item level 7 or less. As i recall.

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited November 2010
    PepiPopa wrote: »
    Dont forget boys. We're level 8 and we have 1 wondrous item level 7 or less. As i recall.

Yup!

SkyCaptain on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd like to retrain Fall of Wind for Grasp the Wind, given how much forced movement has affected me so far, but Fall of Wind is just too awesome.

So I'll take the Slow Fall feat for my 8th level feat, which is almost as good!

As for the wondrous item... I guess I'll take a Shroud of Revival to continue my Healer Monk theme :rotate:

Rius on
    edited November 2010
    That'll be fine.

SkyCaptain on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I sent PMs to SkyCaptain, but here's my Rogue so far. Note, I changed some of his appearance and a bit of his flavor.
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Here's my character sheet for a ranged rogue (crossbow). I'm not quite sure as to how you want to do equipment, but I am using hand crossbows, and if there is anything iffy, let me know. My CB is not the most up to date, so it may be that some things are different, but I doubt it
    http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2747
    Okay. I have to change some things, but I'll be an Eladrin. Sorry about that.

"I bet you anything I can make this shot! What do you mean, these are your coins?"

Background

Separated from his tribe for most of his life, Bresk has had to rely on his keen eye, his steady hand, and his rapid wit to keep him out of trouble and keep him going. Traveling from town to town, he calls no place home, and is just as content sleeping under the stars as he is under a roof. He has no idea what happened to his family, and expects that even if they survive, he will never see them again.

However, recently there seems to be someone looking for a lone eladrin of all description. Fortunately no one has offered a cash reward yet, so there isn't a great interest, but Bresk has started to hear rumors and keeps his ear to the ground. Someone is looking for him, and he doesn't know if that bodes good or ill...

Appearance
    Bresk has learned that too many differences raises suspicion. Although most elves can pass without comment, Bresk's eyes are strange, one a deep Blue, the other, a Purple color. Other than that, his hair is a shimmering black, and his skin is a dark tan color.

Personality
    He is quick with a joke, but always keeps an eye on the door, just in case. He never seems to take anything seriously, and this is mostly because everything he once held dear is now gone, and he doesn't want to feel that pain again, although he would never admit that to anyone.

Edit: Apparently I did not actually PM him my Char sheet. Whoops.

Fencingsax on
    edited November 2010
    No magic weapons, no magic armor. You can pick two wondrous items. One no higher than 4th level and the other no higher than 7th level. Defense bonuses are inherent. +1 to all defenses every five levels after second level (+1 at 2nd, +2 at 7th, +3 at 12th etc) These are calculated automatically in MapTool.

I'll let you know before Monday evening, if you make it. There are some others showing interest in the game as well.

SkyCaptain on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay. Alright, updated.

Fencingsax on
  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lucien Ishan, Hume Hunter

Apperance:
    Mongol_by_atomhawk.jpg

Personality:
    Lucien is a very determined man, once he sets his sights on a goal, he is bound to achieve it. Although no long a member of it, he strictly adheres to Code of his original mercenary company. His word is his bond, treachery and betrayal are to be met with all the force you can muster. Be wary of jobs that pay more than they should, and don't overlook the ones pay too little, they are often the ones that need doing.

Background:
    Having lived through the Third Eldritch War as a child, Lucien surpasses most people's hatred of the arcane arts. Mages devastated his home town, forcing the few remaining survivors to wander the other towns of Noldor to find themselves a new home. They eventually settled down in another village, and he was taken in by family that had lost their children in attack.

As much as they might try, it wasn't the same. As a teenager, Lucien grew restless, wanting to go0 out into the world and do something. Most Noldarians were content to live simple lives, to look after their own and ignore politics of the world. He grew frustrated with them, didn't they see that exactly why things like the attack were happening? His parents tried to be supportive, they had already seen what happens when you try to change the world, it only ever changes for the worst. Whenever Hume would gain power and peace, they would just lose it again in a matter of time. It was best to live a simple life, happy life with your loved ones. They knew Lucien would understand this, it was just a matter of time.

Eventually he left home, finding work in the many mercenary guilds of the area. Experience might have dimmed some of his youthful idealism, but there is still one fact he holds on strongly to, nothing good ever comes from magic or a mage.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
    edited November 2010
    *Squeel* New members. Updated my character sheet and I took the Bag of holding.For obvious treasure holding needs.

http://4e.orokos.com/sheets/2009

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for the delay. Just became single again after 8 months (it`s a good thing though). I`ve decided to add Fondor Yards to the roster of players. A hume ranger is a better fit than another con-artist rogue. Sorry Fencing.

SkyCaptain on
    edited November 2010
    I'm afraid there won't be a game tonight. Due to issues because of the becoming single again, I won't be getting enough sleep today before I have to go into work. I am very sorry about this. I will try to put the server up sometime this afternoon so that the new guy can log in and make a character if someone else could help him.

SkyCaptain on
    edited November 2010
    No worries. Hope your situation improves.

Fencingsax on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, good luck on that SkyCaptain! I was going to have to cancel tonight anyway due to a job interview, so no worries here.

Vic on
    edited November 2010
    No problem gaming comes second. I'm home from work, so just let me know when and I'll hop on. what version do you use, 1.3.b76*the latest*?

Fondor_Yards on
    edited November 2010
    B76 currently but captain will tell us 2-3 hours ahead of time if there is another version. No worries on delaying the game. Work pays the interwebs.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited November 2010
    I was unable to start the server this evening due to complications. After this weekend however, those complications will no longer trouble me. I had to look into getting a protective order after filing a report with the local police department to cover my ass and protect my rep and my job. Once again, I humbly apologize for the disruption. Hopefully without these distractions, I can finally get around to cleaning up the D&D framework with updated power creation code and an actual character sheet instead of the current implementation.

SkyCaptain on
    edited November 2010
    Ok, the house is back to the spartan order that I prefer. The ex is out of my life and now I can get on with life. During this past week of staying with my parents... it's been interesting. I'm just glad things are back to normal. Sucks being alone, but it's for the better.

We will have a game tomorrow night barring some disastrous emergency. 7pm as normal, although I would like to open up discussion on when and how long to run. My promotion at work means my nights off are Monday and Tuesday.

SkyCaptain on
    edited November 2010
    We usually only play for 3 hours or so; I'd be fine with the game running a little longer. 7PM Eastern is 6PM Central which is also the earliest I can start, as it's right about when I get home from work on a normal day.

I'm fine with the game on either Monday or Tuesday night as well.

Rius on
    edited November 2010
    I have work tomorrow I might be late 30-40 minutes.I will try everything humanly possible to be here, death and explosions will occur.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited November 2010
    I open tomorrow, so I'm good any time past 4 till about 12/1 est. Monday I have off, so I'm good then too.

Fondor_Yards on
  • HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It looks like I'm wide open tomorrow, so whatever happens happens.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
    edited November 2010
    I have university at Tuesday morning so i cant play Monday evening.I mean I could, but i would be dead for University.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited November 2010
    I know Aegis can't play Monday nights. Not really planning on changing the night because of that.

SkyCaptain on
    edited November 2010
    Server up! Going to take a few hours nap before game time. Got stuck at work for 12 hours instead of just 8 hours. Didn't get any cleaning done at all today. *sighs*

Name: Dire Words Dark Deeds
    Password: scarabchow
    Port of Call: 7900

SkyCaptain on
    edited November 2010
    I'm here ready to play, cant seem to connect to the server though.Getting a time out error.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Getting the same here.

Fondor_Yards on
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    Captn fell asleep at the wheel.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
  • HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I too am getting timed out.

Heartfinder on
    steam_sig-400.png
    edited December 2010
    Sorry about that. I am so fucking dumb. I set the alarm and left it on vibrate. =/ Rebooting now.

SkyCaptain on
    edited December 2010
    Done rebooting and just started teh server again.

SkyCaptain on
    edited December 2010
    Server is up slackers. Stop slacking and come on by.

PepiPopa on
    repub_sig.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Sorry Rius! Didn't mean to crash your computer!

SkyCaptain on
    edited December 2010
    Notes for latest session...

Rei, Onyx, and Janus infected with Filth Fever. Improve DC 24, Maintain DC 19, Worsen 18 or lower...

Permanent loss of one healing surge until cured. Skin rots and boils fester as it worsens. Target takes -2 penalty to all defenses and loses three surges permanently until cured. Final state is loss of all healing surges and target cannot regain hit points by any means.

SkyCaptain on
    edited December 2010
    Due to excessive player absence, I'm opening up recruitment for additional characters. We have room for a defender and a controller. Creation rules are as follows...

Power Sources Allowed: All except arcane and psionic
    Level: 8th
    Wealth: 800 gp, one 4th lvl or lower wondrous item, one 7th level or lower wondrous item, one weapon, armor or implement of 10th level or lower.
    House Rules: I am using a variant of inherent bonuses from the DMG2. However, the players have only completed one of the two major quests and thus only have inherent defense bonuses. At the completion of the current quest, characters will receive a reward that provides inherent attack bonuses.

Keep in mind the current active characters within the party: Bard, Cleric, Ranger, and Monk (Martial Variant). Other classes that have been involved in the campaign are Warden, Invoker, Rogue/Warlock, and Barbarian.

SkyCaptain on