As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

• SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The community manager at DICE's Twitter seems to say it'll be out today.
    @zh1nt0 so is the map pack out, will it be out during this day, will it be out another day? simple comunication would solve issues!
    @doublesit Now now, the day is not over now is it ;)?

And the original Tweet that kicked the delay news off:
    Regarding BFBC2 map pack 7 release...this was sent out from a GSP to customers - "Unfortunately, Map Pack 7 has been delayed pending a server update to correct a minor issue with the release of the new maps. There is no ETA just yet but hopefully we'll have more information later today."

Edit: Supposedly there's no delay at all. Going by the official forums, there are a couple of smaller servers that have flicked on the new maps.

Suriko on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, thank fuck for that. I was maybe going to hyperventilate.

Warcry on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We already have the materials for the update -- they just need to release the patch that says the game can turn it all on.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I know that.

Warcry on
  • JameswaysJamesways Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I assume we'll get these for the 360 around the same time? Maybe?

Ah who knows, we still haven't gotten the first patch.

Jamesways on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    MAPS ARE LIVE WORLDWIDE

GET THE FUCK ON BC2

Warcry on
    edited December 2010
    Holy mother of god, these maps are sexy. I would say Harvest Day and Oasis are the best looking maps in BC2.

Warcry on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just got up but, I am working on getting our server live with the new maps.

That_Guy on
    edited December 2010
    Oasis Squad DM is fucking magical. It's like A COD map, but wayyyyy bigger. I'm running Saiga at the moment and it is awesome.

Warcry on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tonight gents.

We get it on.

Satsumomo on
    edited December 2010
    This would all be wonderful if my net wasn't cutting out every ten minutes.

I might sleep and then play in about 8 hours. With you guys.

On only the new maps.

Warcry on
  • VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »

Could you limit the rotation to just the new maps for today? Would be nice to be able to log on and be assured a new map.
    Satsumomo wrote:
    Tonight gents.

We get it on.

:mrgreen:

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
    edited December 2010
    So how is "Saiga" pronounced?

In my head I always hear it as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3mMY-_n3_E&feature=related

MagicPrime on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    psy as in psychic

ga as in.... ga

Feels Good Man on
    edited December 2010
    That is correct

for me at least

Warcry on
    edited December 2010
    How could you possibly pronounce it another way?

Satsumomo on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So are we switching the new maps on our server, or also turning Vietnam on? I guess I'm asking whether I need to get Vietnam right this very second, or if just the free map pack will keep me playing on our server.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've heard both say-guh (like sega), and sai(like the ninja turtle Raphael weapon) -guh. I use the latter pronunciation.

Gnome: 'Nam isn't out till the 18th, these are just the new VIP maps.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited December 2010
    heavy metal owns

owns owns owns

i like this map

Feels Good Man on
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got disconnected twice last night. Was that a fluke or is it part of the VIP list? I guess I should finally put myself on there.

El Guaco on
    edited December 2010
    Veitsev wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »

Could you limit the rotation to just the new maps for today? Would be nice to be able to log on and be assured a new map.
    Satsumomo wrote:
    Tonight gents.

We get it on.

:mrgreen:

I have the map list created. Just waiting for my host to finish patching the servers. Dice fucked up on the servers and 2 of the maps would not run. They have to release an emergency patch last night to fix it.

GnomeTank wrote:
    So are we switching the new maps on our server, or also turning Vietnam on? I guess I'm asking whether I need to get Vietnam right this very second, or if just the free map pack will keep me playing on our server.

It looks like my host will let me run Vietnam at no charge, but it will not be side-by-side. We will either switch the server over to Vietnam or have 2 servers. I am not sure if there are enough people who want to play this to warrant me renting another server. I just can't afford to run 2 servers myself.

That_Guy on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmmm, I would say leave Vietnam off for at least a week until people can get it, if we are going to switch the main server over. I really don't think we have enough players to support a second server. Maybe take a vote, see who is going to buy Vietnam and wants it turned on?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    edited December 2010
    I was able to force the server into playing Harvest Day Conquest. Not sure how long it will stay up as my host is still working on that emergency patch.

That_Guy on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alternatively we could do what was suggested a few pages back and alternate days for vietnam and regular modes.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited December 2010
    Arent they worried that not having Vietnam and Vanilla maps on the same servers will split their playerbase?

MagicPrime on
  • KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »
    I got disconnected twice last night. Was that a fluke or is it part of the VIP list? I guess I should finally put myself on there.

I just started getting a similar issue last night. I can play anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours but periodically the game crashes (weird one no error message it just closes to desktop) I'm looking for a fix if I find anything I'll reply here.

Kogareru on
    GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    When you get kicked for a VIP you get a message specifically saying so. Game crashed for everyone the other day, seems to be a server related bug.

That day, my game was running very stuttery, and only on the PA server, something's about.

Satsumomo on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, Harvest Day is fucking awful. One giant aimless clusterfuck with snipers everywhere.

Oasis is pretty good in Conquest, the Rush seems to have a nasty initial choke point.

Heavy Metal is ace. Finally a big map with enough damn helicopters. The shape focuses the action nicely, although it does make it difficult to recover if you're losing.

Jimmy Marku on
  • ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jamesways wrote: »
    So I assume we'll get these for the 360 around the same time? Maybe?

Ah who knows, we still haven't gotten the first patch.

Depending on what you mean by first patch we (360 players) got that yesterday. I was using an ACOG and red dot on the M14 and G3 most of my time playing. I'd also say the other changes went through because, while I seemed to be the only one using it, the F2000 went from if I miss the first couple shots I'm probably dead to let me walk around the whole time with irons up and make every bullet fire like lasers.

I'm turning the 360 on now to see if we've been updated with the new maps as well since PC players are saying they're working here. I'll edit this with a yay or nay with my results.

Edit => Oasis Conquest loaded up fine, so I'm going to assume everything else is working as well on 360 map wise.

Column on
    edited December 2010
    Ok. Looks like our server is updated. I was able to set the maplist with all the new maps. There are already pubbies working on filling the server

That_Guy on
    edited December 2010
    I've played all the new maps now and they are all fantastic

for conquest anyway, haven't tried rush

Feels Good Man on
    edited December 2010
    Map list is as follows

Conquest Oasis 1 round
    Rush Harvest Day 2 rounds
    Conquest Heavy Metal 1 round
    Rush Oasis 2 rounds
    Conquest Harvest Day 1 round
    Rush Cold War 2 rounds

I will mix back in Auto-switching to Squad Death Match tomorrow. For today, we play!

That_Guy on
    edited December 2010
    Harvest Day Conquest is fucking awesome.

And the dev team really outdid themselves with the graphics and detail in these maps. It is fucking gorgeous in DX11.

Frapsed a whole bunch of stuff, gonna make a montage.

Warcry on
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, those were my first impressions based on one server. But I can't really see HD being good anywhere else. Too much open ground in the middle, not enough vehicles. Also having it set at dawn/dusk makes it really difficult to see stuff so death comes unexpectedly on a regular basis.

Jimmy Marku on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    re-downloading this here game right now

There better be people to play with once it's done <3

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am on the server. It's been a while since I last played this game.

Peewi on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yay new maps!

Boo having to wait 8 more hours to play them! :P

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    91% at 4mb/s

should be finished soon

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gona play this here game when I get home. Cant wait!

EDIT: Also, I did some research and I guess if you bought the core game outside of steam and bought vietnam in steam you are good to go. I guess you just attach the code it gives to your battlefield account thingy and presto, it works. Cant cite the source right now but I know I saw it last night.

Lagnar on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    New maps hit the 360?

Sheep on