As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BigMan-ification

1565758596062»

• tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BTW psyck0, you should really update your signature. The SC2 beta has been over for a while now ;p

tehmarken on
  • TheRealBadgerTheRealBadger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Marvellous, the supplement company has sent me a free shaker.

On the side it says "INNER ARMOUR: THE SPEED OF POWER"

I mean, if that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will

TheRealBadger on
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Marvellous, the supplement company has sent me a free shaker.

On the side it says "INNER ARMOUR: THE SPEED OF POWER"

I mean, if that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will

Well, power = work / speed.

So I don't really see how they can say Inner Armor is "the speed of power." Something tells me they didn't really think too much about the mathematical accuracy of that statement.

Hamurabi on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think they wanted to use the tagline "The power of speed!", but realised that gives off sort of the wrong impression...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tehmarken wrote: »
    BTW psyck0, you should really update your signature. The SC2 beta has been over for a while now ;p

Every time people tell me that I keep it around for another 6 months :D

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Had another good workout this morning. Doing a no fast food challenge for December, so that should help me lose weight.

Favorite thing after working out is coming home and blending up my chocolate milk and muscle milk powder. Such a delicious treat.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    edited December 2010
    Damn so one of our local lifters just copped a 6 month ban for testing positive to dimeth (listed on the label as geranium) despite making enquiries to the manufacturer and distributer and being assured it contained no banned substances.

I'm a full member of our regional powerlifting association as of this week, which comes with testing on meet days. I think I need take this shit a bit more seriously

TheRealBadger on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i should eat more than 3 eggs for breakfast

but i cant handle that at this point

means i'm not working out enough, which is clear

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I was using a pre workout that was pretty much shitty, and made me feel shitty after and stopped and never really liked using them after that.

However yesterday I tried this 1MR (one more rep) I think and dear god is that stuff intense. I think it was the hardest thing I've ever had to drink though.

Anyone else use anything similar to it, I'm kinda wondering if there are any like long term effects. Some websites were saying you can grow tolerant and others stated the opposite.

If anyone has any personal experience, let me know if you could

Dixon on
    edited December 2010
    Dixon wrote: »
    So I was using a pre workout that was pretty much shitty, and made me feel shitty after and stopped and never really liked using them after that.

However yesterday I tried this 1MR (one more rep) I think and dear god is that stuff intense. I think it was the hardest thing I've ever had to drink though.

Anyone else use anything similar to it, I'm kinda wondering if there are any like long term effects. Some websites were saying you can grow tolerant and others stated the opposite.

If anyone has any personal experience, let me know if you could

Not with 1MR but I've been through Superpump and Jack3d now and I feel that the effects have probably lessened slightly over time.

Then you just move onto the next pre-workout, like a stimulant hermit crab

TheRealBadger on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    googled 1 more rep and they have a pill form. Might pick it up and see if i can see a difference. along with some other supplements.

Edit: Next OP should have a section with all the recommended supplements and vitamins that people might want to take. Having a decent listing of the good ones would go a long ways. Its damned hard to weed out some of the claims of supplements.

edit 2:
    Thinking about getting a bottle each

1 More Rep

Cheaters

Yea, Nay?

webguy20 on
  • Brucelee41042Brucelee41042 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I'm trying the 1mr stuff now. I actually enjoy the taste, and it works. But just like every other thing i've tried, i'll get used to it in a few weeks, and i'll have to jump on something else. Or just live off occasional energy drinks.

If you buy from bb.com, don't forget to snag some samples. Superpump, white flood, 1mr, purple wraath. All are free, or like 25 cents.

Brucelee41042 on
    edited December 2010
    non stop energy and focus matrix !

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like how one more rep claims to deliver, among other things, a mind blowing dose of vascularity. That's not a group of words I ever expected to see arranged that way.

Peen on
    edited December 2010
    lol the ad designers for fitness supplements must have so much fun.

webguy20 on
  • Mojo the AvengerMojo the Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey kako I got my hands on some absorbine. It's already starting to take the edge off. Thanks for the tip.

Mojo the Avenger on
    edited December 2010
    I don't use supplements at the moment, unless protein and BCAAs count, and the BCAAs don't seem to be doing anything so I'm going to quit those when I run out.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I just take creatine and glutamine specifically for weightlifting. I also take a multi, fish oil and glucosamine regularly.

Those are really the only (legal) supplements that I've ever noticed any appreciable difference in results while taking them.

Edit: Yeah, the Absorbine is good stuff. I learned that one from the guys on the rodeo team, who learned about it from the old farmhands they had running their herds.

Kakodaimonos on
    edited December 2010
    apparently now they are like slow down on the vitamin d

or somethin

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited December 2010
    Today's 70sbig has an interesting article about drop weight accessory exercises that I think I'll try with dumbbell bench tomorrow. You guys might want to take a look.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    So I ordered some of that 1 more rep, the cheaters, some omega 3 fish oil capsules and glutamine supplements. Each bottle is about 2 months worth and it cost me $84.50

webguy20 on
    edited December 2010
    i need to order a bottle of fish oil again

carlson's was what i used last 2 times it was fine

i think i will get that again

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited December 2010
    Flippin cold weather makes my left elbow angry. I don't want to do this, but I'm gonna have to take a couple ibprofen before benching today.

Brucelee41042 on
  • JAKJAK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

The problem with eating 4 eggs for me is not that I can't eat that many but that it means I'm constantly running out of eggs.

JAK on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2010
    I was downing eight eggs for breakfast back in the day. Those were heady days.

Hamurabi on
  • JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    JAK wrote: »

The problem with eating 4 eggs for me is not that I can't eat that many but that it means I'm constantly running out of eggs.

Buy some chickens.

Eggs forever!

Jyardana on
    edited December 2010
    I've always wondered if it was cheaper to buy it through this place:

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/store.php?crn=66

I like the pump idea, maybe i'll buy from them to get the pump and container... then just refill it with cheap market eggs

Brucelee41042 on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bruce that's the weirdest thing I've seen so far today and I don't see anything beating it.

Peen on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've always wondered if it was cheaper to buy it through this place:

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/store.php?crn=66

I like the pump idea, maybe i'll buy from them to get the pump and container... then just refill it with cheap market eggs

Find a restaurant supply store and just go there. You won't have to pay shipping. Or just go to Costco and get the 48 pack.

Kakodaimonos on
    edited December 2010
    Find a restaurant supply store and just go there.

Cannot support this emphatically enough.

My mom is a member of one of these, and I tagged along with her one day to see what was up. Boxes and boxes of meat; bags and bags of veggies; crates and crates of milk. All at what I guess are solid, low, B2B prices. Restaurant supply places are Bigman Heaven.

Hamurabi on
  • hectorsehectorse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wtf happened to teh forum?

Anyway, squatted 280x3x5 @ 190lb :D

Nice

hectorse on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah I love those places. My family does a $20 mystery gift swap for christmas. Last year I put in a 10kg sack of penne from the local restraunt supply store. It went down pretty well.

Edit- Nice work hec

TheRealBadger on
  • JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Damn solid workout tonight

Hill sprints, which I'd rate a B+ on how they felt, followed by

4x4 Hang cleans @ 225
    7x4 box squats to parallel @ 295 w/45 sec rest
    3x8 RDLs @275

A few medball throws to polish things off. I'm finally feeling strong again. I also got some pretty kick ass news in regards to track but I'm going to wait until details are finalized before I say any more.

Jyardana on
    edited December 2010
    Squatted a 380x7 which according to EXRX equals a 405x5 which was my best lift to date so I know I am not getting weaker, which I had feared briefly on 5/3/1.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Are you planning on competing any time soon psyck? I feel like you should be.

TheRealBadger on
This discussion has been closed.