As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Neptune's Pride] Here there be graphs

• LordGravewishLordGravewish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Me personally I'd do it in order of who carried so much weight throughout the game. Like if there's one guy on a team who was clearly bangin' doing a lot of the shit, he'd clearly get 1st place.

I'd say that the winner is basically who has a biggest number of stars by the time the game is "over" and one team is basically going to end up winning...

LordGravewish on
    Without me, it's just aweso.
    Xfire: lordgravewish
    Steam: LordGravewish
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't know what you were trying to do there gathering up your ships Henroid, but it had to be stopped.

Lux on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It already worked, sir.

Henroid on
    edited November 2010
    This game could still go on for weeks. Can we all just let me win?

Lux on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sombrero Galaxy finishes, and the winner doesn't even come back here to gloat?

Come now. Lime, step up and take a bow! The back-stabbiest, turn-coatiest of all of us. And special award: Lime started in pretty much the center of the galaxy, yet came out on top. How's that for clear evidence of dirty tricks, enh?

But seriously, congrats to Lime for first, White for second, and - ahem - myself as Maroon for third. I seriously thought I had a chance for a while at the end, even with the two of you allied against me... Until I didn't any more and I tried to at least create some strife between the two of you over the super-planet I made out of Dnoces. Must have worked, because at game-end it had 30 industry, but only 12 ships.

The final stats

The game over screen

Imperfect on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can't help but be kind of happy that the winner was not a part of the early aggression/manipulationfest(or at least publicly).

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »

Come now. Lime, step up and take a bow! The back-stabbiest, turn-coatiest of all of us. And special award: Lime started in pretty much the center of the galaxy, yet came out on top. How's that for clear evidence of dirty tricks, enh?

But seriously, congrats to Lime for first, White for second, and - ahem - myself as Maroon for third. I seriously thought I had a chance for a while at the end, even with the two of you allied against me... Until I didn't any more and I tried to at least create some strife between the two of you over the super-planet I made out of Dnoces. Must have worked, because at game-end it had 30 industry, but only 12 ships.

The final stats

The game over screen

Damn you! Dnoces was my starting planet I know you didn't take it from me but still damn you!

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
    edited December 2010

The final stats

The game over screen

I AM THE GREATEST

Actually, I'll have a write-up tonight. Indeed, I employed many under handed tactics, and it will feel good to finally come clean.

Lux on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We definitely lost some posts. Basically, I think it was a bunch of "I never should have trust you" type stuff.

Henroid on
    edited December 2010
    Laaame. Those are the best posts.

Imperfect on
    edited December 2010
    As long as we remember what it felt like to be punished and destroyed.

Lux on
    edited December 2010
    Ohhhh Goddddd...

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: Blight Of The Immortals: Blight Up, Pt 1

In short, it's very similar to Neptune's Pride, except that instead of working against each other, you're working together to stop the advance of the Blighted army. If you don't work together, everyone loses.

Of course, if you you do work together, the player who accrued the highest honour is the winner, so there still will be backstabbing aplenty. But backstab too much, and everyone loses.

I want to play this SO SO BAD. I'm gonna go email the devs and see if I can get us in on the beta.

Imperfect on
    edited December 2010
    OH MAN.

I love the idea of seriously reducing the amount of awful backstabbing.

Septus on
  • alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy shit this sounds fantastic. We needs it!!!

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This sounds amazing. Neptune's Pride was good but this sounds fantastic.

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ohhhh Goddddd...

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: Blight Of The Immortals: Blight Up, Pt 1

In short, it's very similar to Neptune's Pride, except that instead of working against each other, you're working together to stop the advance of the Blighted army. If you don't work together, everyone loses.

Of course, if you you do work together, the player who accrued the highest honour is the winner, so there still will be backstabbing aplenty. But backstab too much, and everyone loses.

I want to play this SO SO BAD. I'm gonna go email the devs and see if I can get us in on the beta.

I just logged in the website and managed to play O_o No need for beta invite or anything

AdditionalPylons on
    edited December 2010
    HOLY CHRIST YOU'RE RIGHT.

Welp, I went and bought a $10 one-month key so I could start a game, however I am limited to 4 players, it seems.

So the next three to join the game here: http://blight.ironhelmet.com/game/2817024 are in.

The password? You should know it by now.

Game starts paused, BTW, which is nice - you can start the game at a time convenient to all players.

Imperfect on
    edited December 2010
    Hrm. Apparently there are actually 8 total slots, not 4.

LOLBETA.

Imperfect on
  • alset85alset85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is there any way to see what all the races do?

alset85 on
    override said: I can't wait until Toady causes pressurized water to be able to actually damage things. I want to hit goblins with a shit cannon of such pressure that the meat is ripped from their bones

Steam ID
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Totally in.

EDIT: I am now the Men of the East.

Elvenshae on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jumped on it. Should we make a new thread for the different game?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited December 2010
    On it.

EDIT: New thread is up!

Imperfect on
    edited December 2010
    Septus on
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Signing up as plutoniumwombat.

eddizhere on
    League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
    edited December 2010
    I know Blight of the Immortals is all the rage but:

Shit, I think I've just lost a game of NP. For a looong time I was the star leader, with all stars taken, and I only had one long front with 3 empires. There was relatively little aggression, and I was just putting it off as long as I could. I had the most resources I think(is there any way to actually look at combined resources from stars?), so presumably I could have just continued like that and outgrown people.

Finally I said fuck it and attacked the smallest neighbor, who promptly reinforced my primary target in the middle of the night so I lost that attack, and then my neighbor to the south launched half of his ships against me and took my southern stronghold. Argh. I feel like I should have either continued to be non-aggressive, or gone aggressive way earlier in the game.

Septus on
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wow this game really dropped off after blight. And here I was looking to make a game and fill it with wangs.

Gene Parmesan on
    edited March 2011
    Sooo, I loved playing this game with a group of PA forumers, that was ages ago...
    I didn't exactly like Blight that much, but it seems like everyone's playing that. This thread hasn't had a post for ages! I tried enjoying Blight, but just couldn't.

What I want to ask is, anyone up for a game of this? It was a nice distraction a couple of times a day, and the diplomacy/backstabbing aspect was way beyond awesome XD
    Probably on one of those spiral galaxies to avoid there being players sandwiched between 5 others while other players at the edge only have to worry about two guys.

Sooo... anyone?

LordGravewish on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd be willing to give NP another go.

Darian on
    edited March 2011
    I haven't posted in this thread, incidentally, because aside from getting busier following the holiday season the search function was disabled. Go fig. :P

But I have been thinking about this, and the team game I promised to setup. My conditions for it are a set galaxy, and set teams BEFORE signing up for the game. What do you guys think?

Henroid on
    edited March 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    I haven't posted in this thread, incidentally, because aside from getting busier following the holiday season the search function was disabled. Go fig. :P

But I have been thinking about this, and the team game I promised to setup. My conditions for it are a set galaxy, and set teams BEFORE signing up for the game. What do you guys think?

I'd be up for it. Since it's a team game it wouldn't have to be a spiral galaxy any more. How many people do we need?

Also, fyi, I used google to find this thread (site:forums.penny-arcade.com "Neptune's Pride")

LordGravewish on
    edited March 2011
    I'd be very happy to try a team game.

Septus on
    edited May 2011
    Okay, I got a hankering for this game again. I'm sure there's a few of you folk who still follow this thread and will see this, so I started up a new game:

WangStar

Large, symmetrical galaxy. Normal speed. Alliances enabled.

Password is the same as it ever was.

Join up!

Imperfect on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm in.

Darian on
    edited May 2011
    In!

LordGravewish on
    edited May 2011
    Just wanted to pop this in front of everyone again:

Wangstar still has room for two players

If you know someone who wants in, but isn't a PA regular, that's fine too. Just give 'em the password and we'll start on up!

Imperfect on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the invite and I'd love to join, but I'm pretty much slammed right now.

Elvenshae on
    edited May 2011
    ... Fuck it, I'll get involved in this round. I won't like the alliances deal but whatevs.

Henroid on
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh god it is happening again

TheOtherHorseman on
    edited May 2011
    AND SO IT BEGINS.

I didn't get my "and so it begins" email though, which is sorta sad.

Imperfect on
    edited May 2011
    It begins indeed.

Damn I'm glad I checked on this mo'fuckah before work today. <_<

Henroid on