As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WE HAVE A SERVER! BUY NOW! MINECRAFT!

1565758596062»

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    thanks!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I would like to flood the floor of my mine with lava and then cover it in glass. There is already a lava flow off in one corner but I get the feeling doing this will be more complicated than just undamming the lava and letting it cover the ground. Am i going to need like a million buckets for this, is this a stupid idea. Share with me your wisdom.

Sir Headless VII on
    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I would like to flood the floor of my mine with lava and then cover it in glass. There is already a lava flow off in one corner but I get the feeling doing this will be more complicated than just undamming the lava and letting it cover the ground. Am i going to need like a million buckets for this, is this a stupid idea. Share with me your wisdom.

Divide the room into a kind of a rectangle grid pattern, 2x3 boxes of nothing inside.
    Use dirt or something you won't miss. Put lava into the holes. Then quickly, and carefully remove the grid block by block, replacing with lava each time. It's easier to put the lava on the side of a block, and use sneak mode.
    And put everything you hold dear away in a chest somewhere safe.
    Also fill in one of the holes with water instead of lava for safety. If you fall, just jump out and rush over. You can always just get rid of the water later.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Webguy I ran into some lava problems

Alright, Ill fix it right up.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • IrtehmongooseIrtehmongoose Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Another update:

* Fixed a rather bad memory leak bug in the server (entity position updates accumulated in orphaned player objects)
    * Riding carts and boats now works properly when you travel long distances.
    * Harvesting crops no longer yields fake seeds
    * Removed /home (sorry!)
    * Snowballs again!

Wonder why he removed /home?

Edit: Oh, apparently /home wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

Irtehmongoose on
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Always thought home was added in by a mod. at least the airship warp is close to where my home was set.

webguy20 on
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FFFFFFFFFFFF

i hope someone mods that back in because getting to my house from where the spawn is in the underdark since there are no portals is a chore

T4CT on
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guess I should build an underground minecart tunnel from Bill's tp spot to my home.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I thought that was added via mods as well.

Irtehmongoose on
  • hiartbillhiartbill Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There's been a roll-back, to shortly-ish before the render last night. I've identified the problem (I made a terrible error in changing my script last night), but suffice to say there's no way to recover the time lost. It won't happen again, I'm sorry :( I've identified the issue and confirmed saving works now, but beyond that there's not much I can do...

When WorldEdit is updated so that it works, it will be used to speed recovery, and for now TNT is re-enabled (mods will get notified when you place one).

hiartbill on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    skettios wrote: »
    so yeah, recettear

I got to the last payment

and missed it by 5,000

WOE

oh nooooooooo D:

I haven't made it to the end yet. mongoose has though!

I've definitely cut it pretty close on some payments

Whoa, other people play this game?

I haven't been so humbled by a video game in a long time.

"This statues costs ALL OF YOUR MONEY, do you want it?"

"....

Man, I could sell it for all of my money + 30%!!!!"

And then nobody wants it. This has happened to me 3 seperate times, because I am dumb and do not learn lessons.

sarukun on
    edited December 2010
    I drag myself away from recettear and theres no minecraft?

STARCRAFT 2 THEN

Speaking of StarCraft, I showed a bunch of people in my office the Fighting Trousers vid and basically everybody loved it.

sarukun on
    edited December 2010
    sarukun wrote: »

"....

And then nobody wants it. This has happened to me 3 seperate times, because I am dumb and do not learn lessons.

It can be good to wait to do that until someone takes an order for treasures, that way you are guaranteed to get rid of the thing.
    Of course having some of those broken statues on hand is also nice, in case the price drops right before the buyer shows up.

I managed to repay everything first try, but there were one or two 11th hour recoveries in there.

Irtehmongoose on
    edited December 2010

"....

It can be good to wait to do that until someone takes an order for treasures, that way you are guaranteed to get rid of the thing.
    Of course having some of those broken statues on hand is also nice, in case the price drops right before the buyer shows up.

I managed to repay everything first try, but there were one or two 11th hour recoveries in there.

I have discovered that Dungeon crawling is not only a blast, but is waaaaaaaaaaaay better for getting items to sell than trying to play the market. You can't really use it to meet orders unless you're super lucky, but for stocking the store it's pretty much all I do now.

You probably know this already, but I just figured it out, and it's really helping my bottom line.

sarukun on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've done pretty well so far but I'm only on my third week

Seriously on
    edited December 2010
    I have discovered that Dungeon crawling is not only a blast, but is waaaaaaaaaaaay better for getting items to sell than trying to play the market. You can't really use it to meet orders unless you're super lucky, but for stocking the store it's pretty much all I do now.

You probably know this already, but I just figured it out, and it's really helping my bottom line.

I actually didn't step foot into a dungeon while repaying the debt, and because of that I discovered that doing the intro dungeon when you can just give the adventurer 4th tier armor/weapons is pretty funny.

Irtehmongoose on
    edited December 2010
    Hah!

Yeah, the Dungeons are really not that difficult to begin with.

I find the best thing to do if you are low on health is grind for a while and level up. It really doesn't take all that long, and it's usually only necessary before heading into a boss fight for the first time so you can learn the trick without dying on the first hit.

sarukun on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hiartbill wrote: »
    There's been a roll-back, to shortly-ish before the render last night. I've identified the problem (I made a terrible error in changing my script last night), but suffice to say there's no way to recover the time lost. It won't happen again, I'm sorry :( I've identified the issue and confirmed saving works now, but beyond that there's not much I can do...

When WorldEdit is updated so that it works, it will be used to speed recovery, and for now TNT is re-enabled (mods will get notified when you place one).

I swear this only happens when I do a large amount of ground leveling.

Aneurhythmia on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I lost all the work on apricots condo houses. I had finished the roof and the interior walls upstairs and just had to do some simple lighting. Oh well I at least have a better method now for finishing up the roof portion.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
    edited December 2010
    Ive got my tunnel burrowed to about the pagoda as far as I can tell. Dynamite certainly helped.

webguy20 on
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aw I lost my branch mine. :(

Either way the whole area down where I started needs to be cleaned up.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would like to play this again sometime
    is everything in order now again after the new update?
    Bill, how's that minecart mod working out so far?

scarlet blvd. on
    edited December 2010
    I would like to play this again sometime
    is everything in order now again after the new update?
    Bill, how's that minecart mod working out so far?

seems to be runnin' pretty decent. We had a bit of a rollback. From last night at 10 to about 10 this morning we lost work.

webguy20 on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This update is not working at all for my server. I have had a serious case of player and animal clones cluttering up the whole place. Check the G&T thread if you want to see screenshots.

Vic on
    edited December 2010
    Vic wrote: »
    This update is not working at all for my server. I have had a serious case of player and animal clones cluttering up the whole place. Check the G&T thread if you want to see screenshots.

It was determined this morning that b129 doesn't work with the optional server update :P

If you'd like, I can send you 0.2.6_02 so you can play on the server with hey0 until b130 is released.

Scarlet: Minecart Mania is an actual server mod, not a plugin. The most recent mandatory server updates broke it, and the author is notorious for waiting out rapidly changing times like this before updating. I'll re-install it as soon as it's updated.

hiartbill on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hiartbill wrote: »
    Vic wrote: »

It was determined this morning that b129 doesn't work with the optional server update :P

If you'd like, I can send you 0.2.6_02 so you can play on the server with hey0 until b130 is released.

Thanks, but I think I will just disable Hey0 for the moment. Sorry about never replying to your PM by the way, it was an interesting offer but I do not think it is needed for now.

Vic on
    edited December 2010
    T4CT wrote: »
    FFFFFFFFFFFF

i hope someone mods that back in because getting to my house from where the spawn is in the underdark since there are no portals is a chore

This guy is a prophet: http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=1696&page=1

hiartbill on
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    High fiving a million angels you slags

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh thank god you're back

meta I need 5 pounds of Being Angry For No Reason and you're the only man in town with that much directionless hatred for all things

lives are on the line this time

Raneados on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey meta where you been

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    did you even read his post

Squall on
    edited December 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    oh thank god you're back

meta I need 5 pounds of Being Angry For No Reason and you're the only man in town with that much directionless hatred for all things

lives are on the line this time

I Swear to fucking god if you don't cut this fucking bullshit out I will never stop yelling its LIKE THE VOICEPOCALYPSE ON YOUR STUPID ASS YOU WORTHLESS TWATTER GO SHIT INTO YOUR OWN PANTS AND DUCK WALK LIKE THE MANK YOU ARE, SHITHEAD.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
    edited December 2010
    hey meta where you been

The city needed me, this city.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    :D!

BahamutZERO on