As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Vietnam on the 18 for Steam. Donate now! New Maps are live!

1565758596062»

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Column wrote: »
    Jamesways wrote: »
    So I assume we'll get these for the 360 around the same time? Maybe?

Ah who knows, we still haven't gotten the first patch.

Depending on what you mean by first patch we (360 players) got that yesterday. I was using an ACOG and red dot on the M14 and G3 most of my time playing. I'd also say the other changes went through because, while I seemed to be the only one using it, the F2000 went from if I miss the first couple shots I'm probably dead to let me walk around the whole time with irons up and make every bullet fire like lasers.

I'm turning the 360 on now to see if we've been updated with the new maps as well since PC players are saying they're working here. I'll edit this with a yay or nay with my results.

Edit => Oasis Conquest loaded up fine, so I'm going to assume everything else is working as well on 360 map wise.

Column on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    An awesome chopper chase ended in tears for Soal.

I ended it.

It was frapsed.

Warcry on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    question from a person that played a lot previously and only started playing a lot again recently:

on the patch changes of PC vs 360, are the ones that are featured on the 360 changes that have already happened on the PC, have yet to happen, or will only be on the 360 version

Feels Good Man on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PC already has all the fixes in the patch notes for 360.

Warcry on
  • ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    question from a person that played a lot previously and only started playing a lot again recently:

on the patch changes of PC vs 360, are the ones that are featured on the 360 changes that have already happened on the PC, have yet to happen, or will only be on the 360 version

The PC has had almost every change from the 360 list for a while now. The smaller patch list is showing what else is getting added to it, while the 360 is mostly a combined list of the older PC patch and the new things.

Another way to think of it if you've been out for a while, is look at the 360 patch to see some of the older changes that will be new to you, and then add the PC notes to it.

Column on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    An awesome chopper chase ended in tears for Soal.

I ended it.

It was frapsed.

i killed your girlfriend helicopter though!!

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Getting lunch right now. I will be jumping on in a little while here

That_Guy on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am trying to locate the PA server but I can't remember how I add or find specific servers

when I type stuff into the "server name" window it finds nothing

what am I doing wrong

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Make sure your filters are off, as they affect searches too.

ghost_master2000 on
  • MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    search this:

Penny Arcade

and you'll find it

edit: I meant to say it needs to be capitalized

MrDelish on
  • scarescare Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The search is case sensitive. That was a mistake I repeated before.

scare on
    mister_fej.png
    edited December 2010
    NEED PA MANS ON SERVER!

That_Guy on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    New maps melt faces, more at 11.

rRootagea on
  • DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sure, I'll hop on NO WAIT YOULL JUST BOOT ME
    lol jk I had to go anyway <3

Doomninja on
    1154825-1.png
  • DoomninjaDoomninja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In other news the G3 seems better now, and the new maps rape my PC.

Doomninja on
    1154825-1.png
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am getting shitty performance out of this game

Anyone got optimization tricks?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yes team, only snipers is how it's done!

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yea I seem to get really bad performance on the new maps. My 4650 just isn't cutting it anymore. Hopefully I can get a job during the summer.

Also the VSS pisses me off sometimes.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, guess we've gone back in time. Hurry and get to page 100 so we can fulfill our destiny in making a new one!

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hurray the forums are back. Hopefully all of alphamonkey's hard work will allow the server to limp along for a little while longer (at least through the Vietnam launch ;-))

Looking forward to burninating some villages!

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited December 2010
    Neat. I will have a new thread on Standby. Good games tonight guys.

That_Guy on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Hurray the forums are back. Hopefully all of alphamonkey's hard work will allow the server to limp along for a little while longer (at least through the Vietnam launch ;-))

Looking forward to burninating some villagers!

Why don't games let me murder hundreds of innocent, defenseless peasants? That would be the bestest.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    When my Dad was an officer in the Army, he had Sergeant who had served in Vietnam and had a very... practical view of dealing with villagers knowingly harboring militant forces. The Sergeant was in a convoy one day driving by a village designated a no-fire zone because the military was pretty sure nothing hostile was there. That lasted right up until they started taking fire and the Sergeant lost a buddy who was manning an open-top Duster to an RPG round. This particular variety featured quad .50s and was technically intended as an anti-aircraft weapon.

Being inhumanely pissed off, the Sergeant hopped in the Duster turret, turned it on the village, had the rest of the convoy follow suit, drove over the remaining structures with tracked vehicles, and burned the whole place. He also had Vietnam photos, one of which featured a Duster with human skulls hanging off the front. Yes, this Sergeant definitely needed to be in the military after he was done in Vietnam because there was no other place he could be without ending up in prison. Great sergeant, though.

The moral of the story? "Peasants" may not be as helpless as initially expected.

The second moral of the story? Don't fire rockets from a wooden shack at a guy with a quad fifty and a convoy of armored vehicles.

Incidentally, I hope BC2: Vietnam has Dusters. Few things say "die!" as well as four fire-linked .50-caliber heavy machine guns.

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited December 2010
    When my Dad was an officer in the Army, he had Sergeant who had served in Vietnam and had a very... practical view of dealing with villagers knowingly harboring militant forces. The Sergeant was in a convoy one day driving by a village designated a no-fire zone because the military was pretty sure nothing hostile was there. That lasted right up until they started taking fire and the Sergeant lost a buddy who was manning an open-top Duster to an RPG round. This particular variety featured quad .50s and was technically intended as an anti-aircraft weapon.

Being inhumanely pissed off, the Sergeant hopped in the Duster turret, turned it on the village, had the rest of the convoy follow suit, drove over the remaining structures with tracked vehicles, and burned the whole place. He also had Vietnam photos, one of which featured a Duster with human skulls hanging off the front. Yes, this Sergeant definitely needed to be in the military after he was done in Vietnam because there was no other place he could be without ending up in prison. Great sergeant, though.

The moral of the story? "Peasants" may not be as helpless as initially expected.

The second moral of the story? Don't fire rockets from a wooden shack at a guy with a quad fifty and a convoy of armored vehicles.

Incidentally, I hope BC2: Vietnam has Dusters. Few things say "die!" as well as four fire-linked .50-caliber heavy machine guns.

I hate to be "that guy", but the dusters used twin 40mm Bofors cannons. It did have room for a mounted .30cal or M60, though.

I really hope they make it in too. I read something about Vietnam having jets, so it might be in there to take them down. God I hope so. I just just picture myself and my gunner rolling up to a small wooden village. We take a few rounds from one of the buildings. People dismount and take cover. We would than proceed to level the fucking place.

That_Guy on
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Assuming the soviets supplied the VC and NVA, we'll probably see something like this for AA.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All this time since I got back to seattle, I've been trying to get online and play. I kept failing due to various reasons but finally, finally I get on, and what do I do? I snipe a gunner out of a blackhawk. I love technology!<3

RoyceSraphim on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can't believe it took me until now to realise that an expansion to BC2 being set in Vietnam means entire villages of destructible buildings, combined with tanks, jeeps, and helicopter-mounted machineguns to destroy them, and all the while being able to blast Ride of the Valkyries as I do so.

I think... I think I'm going to cry tears of unending joy once this gets released.

Suriko on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Apparently there are alternate skins you can buy, but from those pictures the only difference I'm noticing is that the russian medic has a green beret instead of a red one. I think I'd need side-by-sides with the regular skins to see how else they're different.

Peewi on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Some really great rounds tonight guys. I was having a lot of fun for a while.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
    edited December 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    Apparently there are alternate skins you can buy, but from those pictures the only difference I'm noticing is that the russian medic has a green beret instead of a red one. I think I'd need side-by-sides with the regular skins to see how else they're different.

I bought the pack for $6 US. Basically the pack switches team colours, very vaguely. The US Assault gets a dark brown, black and tan uniform. The Recon gets a lighter or darker ghillie suit. This pack also swaps over some weapon skins. So the M16, UMP 45 and MG3 all get a camo paint job. The M95 is gunmetal black. You can also give a Specact M95 to a regularly coloured Recon, for example. It's been quite handy with camoflauge in certain maps, and the Assault colour change is very misleading, which has resulted in me sneaking into a few enemy bases unmolested. The best kit is for the Russian Medic, it replaces the bright red beret with a dark green one, along with a dark green and brown uniform. I don't know whether it was worth the price of a pack of smokes or not. I don't really care, it's only six fucking dollars.

Warcry on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Harvest Day can really be ruined by sniper teams.
    I suppose this is true of all the maps, but it's just extra annoying here. I do love the VSS on this map though.

Any word on how much Vietnam will cost?

101 on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    101 wrote: »
    Any word on how much Vietnam will cost?

$15, €13 or £10, depending on where you live. Those are the prices on Steam, but I'm pretty sure it'll cost the same elsewhere.

Peewi on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In that case I think i'll pick it up.

Got to say I really dislike the M14 without magnum ammo, which as an engineer is a pretty big problem.
    But then I feel so gimped not taking a long range weapon on the new maps.

101 on
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Since I'm craving a huge PC shooter fix, and Black ops has failed in the technical department; is this game still pretty active? I know the expansion is coming out soon so I figure it might be a good time to check it out.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Jimmy MarkuJimmy Marku LondonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would say very active. You won't fail to find a server, and there are quite a few US PA people who play regularly on That_Guy's epicserver.

Jimmy Marku on
    edited December 2010