As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ignore list

RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
I know we shouldn't be sharing who is on our ignore list, but apparently Raneados is. Every post by him is not shown because it says he's on my ignore list.

So I click edit ignore list and come to find out what I already knew to be true. It's empty. So I didn't accidentally add him like I thought.

So apparently something is wrong somewhere. I don't come across his posts often, so I don't know when this happened exactly. I just now noticed it and it's kind of annoying to have to click "view post" when I want to view his post.

Thanks.

steam_sig.png
Ryadic on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    This is working as intended.

Tube on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I guess I'm missing something then?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    Posters who pass the 100 000 post mark are put onto global ignore. Raneados got taken off global ignore, kept on being an idiot and was put back on.

Tube on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I guess I'm missing something then?

I believe hitting some number of posts (100,000?) automatically puts you on everyones ignore list.

Better make 'em all gems, folks. Or at least keep the "lol" posts to a minimum.

Edit: or Tube could beat me like a red headed stepchild.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited November 2010
    Ah, well then. Never mind me.

I would've thought there'd be more on the list. Or I would at least come accross it more often. But then again, it's taken me 2 1/2 years to get 14000 posts.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    Only three people have ever passed 100 000 posts. Posting that many times is a sign that you need to rethink your life.

Tube on
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I know Teefs was one of them.. Who was the other?

halkun on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the three that have managed it so far are The Far Side, Kuribo's Shoe, and Raneados

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shoe has been around a longer time than the other two though, right? So his post count hitting that mark was inevitable.

It's also kinda funny that people still go unaware of this 100k auto-ignore thing.

Henroid on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    It's also kinda funny that people still go unaware of this 100k auto-ignore thing.
    Something that has happened to only three people on this board doesn't exactly deserve to be well known.

I'm also reasonably sure that the people who hit 100,000 posts were all SE++ denizens, and I barely pay attention to that board unless I'm linked to a thread from the Awesome Posts forum.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Except for TFS, the other two do go outside of SE++. :P

Edit - Well, not that TFS has the opportunity to do anything anymore.

Henroid on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Shoe has been around a longer time than the other two though, right? So his post count hitting that mark was inevitable.

Pff, I've had this account since 2003 and I haven't even cracked 40k.

A duck! on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think the majority of folks only post when they have something worth saying/posting/sharing.

You'd have to do a whole lot of frivolous posting over a very long time to hit 100,000.

Lucky Cynic on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aha, I was just asking about this problem. Guess this answers that.

And yeah, 100,000 is crap load. I've been registered since 2003 too and haven't even hit 3k yet.

Xeddicus on
  • RhonynRhonyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Only three people have ever passed 100 000 posts. Posting that many times is a sign that you need to rethink your life.

Tube,

Have you considered using the inverse of that as punishment? Particularly bad posters can be put on global ignore until they reach 100,000 posts, resulting in their freedom?

Rhonyn on
    edited December 2010
    Why would we want to encourage bad posters to post more?

Tube on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Rhonyn wrote: »

Tube,

Have you considered using the inverse of that as punishment? Particularly bad posters can be put on global ignore until they reach 100,000 posts, resulting in their freedom?

But if people are generally annoying they're ignored by people anyway.

I've been hear since 2003 and only managed 35k. Someone on here one notified me that I'm in the top 100 for post count.. even though if I project out the numbers (writes on notepad) I will hit 100,000 in 2022.

So if you're posting about 20 years worth of posts in less than half that, probably should look into IRC.

funfax: At 100,000 posts, you've had to wait at least 70 full days of time for the post cooldown to expire before you can post again.

FyreWulff on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2010
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    funfax: At 100,000 posts, you've had to wait at least 70 full days of time for the post cooldown to expire before you can post again.

Time between posts is 30 seconds, not 1 minute. So it is actually only 34 days. But still, that was an interesting thought that I never considered - that someone who has posted 100,000 times has spent 833 hours of idle time just waiting for the opportunity to post again.

Posting that many times is a sign that you need to rethink your life.
    indeed.

Ramius on
    edited December 2010
    Whoops, I think I confused the search or jailed timer for the normal post timer there.

FyreWulff on
    edited December 2010
    Ramius wrote: »

Time between posts is 30 seconds, not 1 minute. So it is actually only 34 days. But still, that was an interesting thought that I never considered - that someone who has posted 100,000 times has spent 833 hours of idle time just waiting for the opportunity to post again..

Yeah but over 7 years there's 61320 hours (not including the leap year) so that number kinda dulls out.

Henroid on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    A more fitting tribute may be to waste the gentleman's time by additionally having him ignoring everyone else on the forum and thus required click to open each individual post.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wondered why I had put Ran on ignore. Solved that little problem.

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
    edited December 2010
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    A more fitting tribute may be to waste the gentleman's time by additionally having him ignoring everyone else on the forum and thus required click to open each individual post.

Yes.

Tube on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    holy shit

Squall on
  • RhonynRhonyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Truly the gold standard in e-torture.

Rhonyn on
  • RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2010
    ignore doesn't work when logged out, so a person would just need to have one logged-out browser for reading and one logged in one for posting.

Ramius on
    edited December 2010
    ignore doesn't work when logged out, so a person would just need to have one logged-out browser for reading and one logged in one for posting.

Make it a theme and then serve that theme to their IP

:P

FyreWulff on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been hear since 2003 and only managed 35k. Someone on here one notified me that I'm in the top 100 for post count.. even though if I project out the numbers (writes on notepad) I will hit 100,000 in 2022.

I did the math for my own posts here and at the current Posts Per Day rate it'd take me over 8 years to get to 100,000. Even though I post quite a bit. Putting it all in perspective like that makes me appreciate the reasoning behind the global ignore when you hit 100k a lot more.

DarkPrimus on
  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

"Just", says the wizard. It's an extra inconvenience, after all – and that does seem to be the point. Come to think of it, you could also not serve people in superjail avatars and signatures.

Linden on
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Geez. You really are an EvilBadman.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I did the math for my own posts here and at the current Posts Per Day rate it'd take me over 8 years to get to 100,000. Even though I post quite a bit. Putting it all in perspective like that makes me appreciate the reasoning behind the global ignore when you hit 100k a lot more.

Geeze, 37.6 more years for me.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010

You are the worst.

I thought it in my head, but I would never actually say it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

You are the worst.

You must have me confused with my cousin, Madame Handjobsundjetski. She's Polish.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Is superjail the official term?

Nerdgasmic on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's just after double-secret probation.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still wanna know if Tube enacted the "You pass 100,000 posts, and you auto ignore everyone else too" rule that he seemed excited about.

I'm intrigued AND scared.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh wow.

Ah the future, 2037 is about when I'll hit mine.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

You are the worst.

Great minds think alike. I just have the balls to say it. :D

I'm pretty sure I'll never hit 100,000 posts. Too busy hustlin'.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still wanna know if Tube enacted the "You pass 100,000 posts, and you auto ignore everyone else too" rule that he seemed excited about.

I'm intrigued AND scared.

Ask Rane.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    At my current rate I will not hit 100000 posts until I am 81 years old.

Those statistics are probably off a bit because I made an account, posted three times then lurked for a number of months and then posted again, but still.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
This discussion has been closed.